+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The song you're playing on guitar

asshat cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn's Avatar
    AUTF, that was a nice tutorial.

Pos rep.

Faux Aggy hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew's Avatar
    That Matt Smith dude is kickass. Amazing voice. Thanks to AUTF for getting this started.

a Rocker and a Roller AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan's Avatar
    Ya, I stumbled across that guy looking for tips on slide last week. I normally dont have a lot of success with youtube, either guys are too slow and basic or they are too fast and advanced. This guy is great at teaching at a reasonable pace. Glad you liked him, that's why I shared. He's a great player and teacher, wonder wear he lives / plays. I'd check out his show.

Also, search "Vintage Parlor Guitar" on ebay and you'll find a ton of great beaters for around $100 that would be great for this sort of thing. A lot of brands like Kay, Harmony, etc from the 50s & 60s that are pretty worn in and have that old wood tone. I'm buying a '61 Kay parlor guitar from a friend for $80. Here's a Harmony from the 60's on there now for $105.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Harmony...item51b5dfa975

Good stuff, thanks for filming and posting.

Faux Aggy hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew's Avatar

asshat BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn's Avatar
    Working on this one now.

I love how old time blues guitarists could carry an entire song on their own. There's no need for an accompanying band. In fact, adding more instruments would be counterproductive.
    Last edited by BrickHorn; 12-12-2013 at 08:54 AM.

I've been playing this one a lot lately:

Also Nightrain, prompted by the GnR thread.

asshat BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorTexasFan View Post
    Also Nightrain, prompted by the GnR thread.
    Nice. Have fun with that one. I've been playing the outro solo off and on for over a year, and don't think I'll ever feel like I have it down. It's a blast. But it's a bitch.

asshat hamttx Shaggy Bronze Club hamttx Shaggy Bronze Club hamttx Shaggy Bronze Club hamttx Shaggy Bronze Club hamttx Shaggy Bronze Club hamttx Shaggy Bronze Club hamttx Shaggy Bronze Club hamttx Shaggy Bronze Club hamttx Shaggy Bronze Club hamttx Shaggy Bronze Club hamttx Shaggy Bronze Club
    Well, playing it does not exactly apply but I am trying really hard.......Needle and the damage done.

asshat OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHorn View Post
    Nice. Have fun with that one. I've been playing the outro solo off and on for over a year, and don't think I'll ever feel like I have it down. It's a blast. But it's a bitch.
    Agreed. By far the toughest GnR solo to play, save for maybe the Paradise City outro.

Alright gear head MF'ers, what are you playing? It's been a month.

I've laid off with a ring finger sprain and need some inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by OCSpur View Post
    Agreed. By far the toughest GnR solo to play, save for maybe the Paradise City outro.

Alright gear head MF'ers, what are you playing? It's been a month.

I've laid off with a ring finger sprain and need some inspiration.
    Hand injury just means it's time to switch to slide. Lately I've been obsessed with trying to nail Hendricks's rhythm on the intro to Killing Floor and to improvise off it. It's really exposing how weak and forced my strumming is.

Hand injury just means it's time to switch to slide.
    Nightrain $#@!ed up your hand, too? After a couple of weeks working on that solo, I developed arthritis in my pinky. It runs in the family and was inevitable, but I'm sure hours upon hours of playing keep-up-with-Slash advanced the time table on that one.

For inspiration on playing despite hand injuries, check out what guys like Django Reinhardt and Tony Iommi were able to do. Or this guy:

To keep the thread moving... I'm building my grunge repertoire at the moment. A couple of friends had talked about starting a grunge/90s cover band, and we start "rehearsing" next week.

I've been spending a lot of time with the new looper and MXR Carbon Copy. Not really on any given song...just creating stuff with the new toy.

I have a compilation album with some of Big G's stuff. Really interesting. Probably the oldest man on the face of the earth who says "Know what I'm sayin'" LOVE those old blues guys.

asshat OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur's Avatar
    Nightrain $#@!ed up your hand, too? After a couple of weeks working on that solo, I developed arthritis in my pinky. It runs in the family and was inevitable, but I'm sure hours upon hours of playing keep-up-with-Slash advanced the time table on that one.

For inspiration on playing despite hand injuries, check out what guys like Django Reinhardt and Tony Iommi were able to do. Or this guy:

To keep the thread moving... I'm building my grunge repertoire at the moment. A couple of friends had talked about starting a grunge/90s cover band, and we start "rehearsing" next week.
    Combination of bends and too many iron shots digging divots. Left ring finger worst one for golf and guitar...

Haha. I was referring to OCSpur 's finger sprain, but I gave up trying to learn the solo note-for-note pretty quick. Just had fun wailing in aeolian mode (IIRC) as best I could. And breaking down the song structure, which is something I've been trying to focus on lately.

What 90s songs are you learning? If you want a break from fast power chords, Yellow Ledbetter is a pretty easy Hendrix rip-off that can sound great. Plush is a fun one to play too.

What 90s songs are you learning? If you want a break from fast power chords, Yellow Ledbetter is a pretty easy Hendrix rip-off that can sound great. Plush is a fun one to play too.
    We're just getting started, so we picked a few that would sound good with a 3-man line-up. This is our initial playlist:

1. AiC, Man in the Box
    2. STP, Sex Type Thing
    3. Nirvana, In Bloom
    4. Nirvana, Lithium
    5. Dinosaur Jr., Feel the Pain

I figure it will take a couple of sessions before we're tight on those, at which point we can start adding to the list. But Pearl Jam will have to wait until we add a second guitarist.

a Rocker and a Roller AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan's Avatar
    Neil Young's Rockin' in the Free World is fun, easy, and would fit right in with that lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherUTFan View Post
    Neil Young's Rockin' in the Free World is fun, easy, and would fit right in with that lineup.
    So would "Country Home" from "Ragged Glory" that came out a year after "Freedom". I LOVE that simple, crunchy guitar line.

And "Mansion On The Hill" is a GREAT simple guitar part but that song $#@!ing rocks. The Godfather of Grunge.

Hand injury just means it's time to switch to slide. Lately I've been obsessed with trying to nail Hendricks's rhythm on the intro to Killing Floor and to improvise off it. It's really exposing how weak and forced my strumming is.
    That version of Killing Floor from Monterrey or Winterland is awesome. A band I was in during high school learned to play the Monterrey set in its entirety. Amazing what you can accomplish with enough time on your hands. So much fun learning those.

In the spirit of the Led Zeppelin vs. Beatles debate, I spent last night learning "Here Comes the Sun." Definitely a fun little song to play. Capoing all the way up to the 7th takes some getting used to, though.

asshat Art Vandelay might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Art Vandelay might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Art Vandelay might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Art Vandelay might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Art Vandelay might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Art Vandelay might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Art Vandelay might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Art Vandelay might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Art Vandelay might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Art Vandelay might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Art Vandelay might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Art Vandelay's Avatar
    In the spirit of the Led Zeppelin vs. Beatles debate, I spent last night learning "Here Comes the Sun." Definitely a fun little song to play. Capoing all the way up to the 7th takes some getting used to, though.
    I got on a bit of a Beatles kick a couple months ago and learned Here Comes the Sun, Norwegian Wood, Something, and finally learned the correct way to play Blackbird (I used to have my own, inferior, version). I play HCTS capo'd on the 4th or 5th fret. Very fun song to play.

I know how to play a TON more Zeppelin than Beatles, though.

Also recently learned Jolene by Ray Lamontagne and Into the Mystic by Van Morrison. And worked up my own fingerpicking version of Desperardo that sounds pretty good.

Got laid off recently, so I've had a lot more free time to play (and post on the Shag).
    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 01-20-2014 at 04:46 PM.

A fun one I've been playing lately is This Charming Man by the Smiths. What has everyone else been up to?

A fun one I've been playing lately is This Charming Man by the Smiths. What has everyone else been up to?
    Lots and lots of 90s / grunge songs. I've been on a Smashing Pumpkins kick lately. Bullet with Butterfly Wings and Cherub Rock are heavy in the current rotation. Before that, I was working on PJ's Alive. Fun song to play.

Has your band performed publicly yet (or do you plan to)?

Has your band performed publicly yet (or do you plan to)?
    Not yet. We're strictly a garage band at the moment, with a limited set list (around 10 songs). My hope is to have 15-20 songs under our belts by the end of summer. Then we can play parties and bar mitzvas and $#@! like that. I don't know that any of us have ambitions to gig at clubs or anything.

Thats exact kind of band i want to put together BH, only Rock and Roll instead of Grunge. Maybe do a party here or do an opening set for another band and be home by 10. So far my search for bandmates has been worthless. Good for you. What name did you end up with?

Inspired by the two of you, I started jamming with a couple of guys recently. It's a lot of fun and quite a shift from playing alone at low volume in the basement. And I might need to get a bigger amp.

Super cool. +Taparep. Glad your having fun.

AUTF - No name yet. We're still in the early stages of getting our $#@! together. It's tough to find time to rehearse with jobs, kids, etc.

MTF - Yeah, I know what you mean. It's so much more fun to play with a band than in the basement with backing tracks. What kind of music are y'all playing?

Also, like you, I have an amp problem: my Peavey Delta Blues is too big/loud for rehearsals, but my Bugera 5W amp is not loud enough. The solution is likely to piss off my wife, but I see a Blues Jr. in my future.

Different stuff each time, but we've recently done some grunge/90s stuff, like Breed, Interstate Love Song, Evenflow, and Possum Kingdom. The problems I'm encountering are: (1) my 5w amp doesn't sound nearly as good at high volumes as the bigger, better amps others have (2) the guitars all blend together so it's hard to figure out what I'm playing if I lose track of where we are or don't know a song well and am trying to figure it out on the fly, (3) I've gotten weird feedback and had other equipment problems that I'm not used to, and (4) being on the spot when soloing/improvising is much more intimidating than when I'm alone on my couch! But working all that out is why I'm doing it, even if there are growing pains.

The solution is likely to piss off my wife, but I see a Blues Jr. in my future.
    At times like this, I like to rely on the brilliant advance of JimmyJazz. Go to your wifes closet, count the pairs and shows, then get your ass to the guitar store and buy that amp.

Different stuff each time, but we've recently done some grunge/90s stuff, like Breed, Interstate Love Song, Evenflow, and Possum Kingdom. The problems I'm encountering are: (1) my 5w amp doesn't sound nearly as good at high volumes as the bigger, better amps others have (2) the guitars all blend together so it's hard to figure out what I'm playing if I lose track of where we are or don't know a song well and am trying to figure it out on the fly, (3) I've gotten weird feedback and had other equipment problems that I'm not used to, and (4) being on the spot when soloing/improvising is much more intimidating than when I'm alone on my couch! But working all that out is why I'm doing it, even if there are growing pains.
    Ha. I feel your pain. It helps to be the only guitarist in the group. Also, I'm mainly learning the solos note-for-note just because grunge solos usually aren't that difficult and they sound $#@!ing awesome.

How is Even Flow working out? We've thought about adding that one to the list, but at least one of the guitar parts has a jacked-up tuning. We're trying to avoid alternate tunings as much as possible, which has caused us to shy away from pretty much everything Soundgarden. Yeah, that's right. We're a grunge cover band that doesn't play Soundgarden.
    Last edited by BrickHorn; 05-08-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Evenflow sounded pretty good. I've seen different things online as to the proper tuning, but I think it's really Drop D, with only the low E string dropped to D. At least, that worked well enough for me. I hate bothering with alternate tunings but it's pretty easy to quickly match it up with the D string and then tune it back up to E after the song. When you do the power chords on the chorus, you just barre all three of the EAD strings at 12, 10, 8 to compensate for the downtuned E string. Since the solo is on the other strings, you just use the normal D minor pentatonic.

I think Black Hole Sun is in drop D too, so you could do them together.

Evenflow sounded pretty good. I've seen different things online as to the proper tuning, but I think it's really Drop D, with only the low E string dropped to D. At least, that worked well enough for me. I hate bothering with alternate tunings but it's pretty easy to quickly match it up with the D string and then tune it back up to E after the song. When you do the power chords on the chorus, you just barre all three of the EAD strings at 12, 10, 8 to compensate for the downtuned E string. Since the solo is on the other strings, you just use the normal D minor pentatonic.

I think Black Hole Sun is in drop D too, so you could do them together.
    Okay. That might not be too bad. The highest-rated tabs I've seen have Even Flow in open D, but drop D would be easy enough. We're already using double drop D on "Hunger Strike."

Yeah, I flipped through several youtube tutorials, some in Open D, but I thought this guy's version in Drop D sounded the best, and it turned out well live for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go5F6iketsM

asshat mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong's Avatar
    re-learning the proper way to play "Old Man" by Neil Young. i've known how to play a bastard version but not the proper way and doing that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by hullabelew View Post
    At times like this, I like to rely on the brilliant advance of JimmyJazz. Go to your wifes closet, count the pairs and shows, then get your ass to the guitar store and buy that amp.
    $#@!ing phone keyboard combined with Titos makes for incoherent posts.

Go to your wife's closet, count the pairs of shoes, then get your ass to the guitar store and buy that amp.

asshat honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn's Avatar
    Spirit in Black by Slayer. Fun riffs to be had.

Just discovered this set of tracks of Duane Allman jamming with Eric Clapton. This is great stuff to practice blues jamming with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u_HmIg6V4M

(edit:couldn't get it to embed as a video for some reason)
    Last edited by MajorTexasFan; 06-27-2014 at 09:20 AM.

I should note that I only hear Clapton until the fourth track about 45 minutes in, when they start trading off.

asshat Tex Long Shaggy Gold Club Tex Long Shaggy Gold Club Tex Long Shaggy Gold Club Tex Long Shaggy Gold Club Tex Long Shaggy Gold Club Tex Long Shaggy Gold Club Tex Long Shaggy Gold Club Tex Long Shaggy Gold Club Tex Long Shaggy Gold Club Tex Long Shaggy Gold Club Tex Long Shaggy Gold Club Tex Long's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hullabelew View Post
    $#@!ing phone keyboard combined with Titos makes for incoherent posts.

Go to your wife's closet, count the pairs of shoes, then get your ass to the guitar store and buy that amp.
    Yeah, figgered Otto Korekt gotcha. But I read it as "purses and shoes", which makes even more sense to me. Leading up to the split from the first ex-Miz-Long, I counted purses and shoes in her closet(S) and stopped at the century both ways - didn't even start with the never-worn dresses and $#@! that still had price tags on them. Relating those to my maybe ten or twelve boot/shoe pairs and one - count it, one - wallet (and,be fair, one backpack) was never in the cards. $#@! yeah, buy the amp, along with short and long cables, and maybe a pedal or two.

asshat ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2's Avatar
    If someone could tell me what the hell Walsh's right hand is doing in the opening of the James Gang Walk Away, I could report that I am playing the James Gang's Walk Away on guitar.

Which part -- the muffled off beat? I think he's smacking his hand against all six strings

I'm not sure exactly what part your asking about and I've never really played the song, but I just put on the record and tried to mimic the intro and here's what I got.

The songs in A flat. With my left hand I'm holding a barre Ab at the 4th fret and strumming v ^ ^ v^ (that's Down, Up, Up, DownUp) on the last Up that comes fast after the down, roll your ring finger down across the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Strings across the 6th fret so that it creates a D flat. Hope that's what you're asking about.

Also, a fun song to play around soloing in the Major Pentatonic. You can create fun solos for this sone using 3 notes. Us the Ab note on the B string / 9th fret as your home base with you're pointy finger. Use your ring finger to play a whole step up at the 11th fret and your middle finger on the G string / 10th fret. Bend that ring finger note and always end a phrase either on the pointy finger note, or the bent G string note. If you really want it to pop add the high E string at the 8th & 11th frets adding bends at the 11th.

Have fun.

asshat ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2 Shaggy Bronze Club ctc2's Avatar
    I'm not sure exactly what part your asking about and I've never really played the song, but I just put on the record and tried to mimic the intro and here's what I got.

The songs in A flat. With my left hand I'm holding a barre Ab at the 4th fret and strumming v ^ ^ v^ (that's Down, Up, Up, DownUp) on the last Up that comes fast after the down, roll your ring finger down across the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Strings across the 6th fret so that it creates a D flat. Hope that's what you're asking about.

Also, a fun song to play around soloing in the Major Pentatonic. You can create fun solos for this sone using 3 notes. Us the Ab note on the B string / 9th fret as your home base with you're pointy finger. Use your ring finger to play a whole step up at the 11th fret and your middle finger on the G string / 10th fret. Bend that ring finger note and always end a phrase either on the pointy finger note, or the bent G string note. If you really want it to pop add the high E string at the 8th & 11th frets adding bends at the 11th.

Have fun.
    Yeah, it was the intro. Thanks for the help. I'm giving it a go now and I think you are right. There is obvioulsy some palm slapping going on that I can't mimic but your explanation got me closer. I finally figured out that it was tuned a step down.
    Must spread some rep...I'll hit you up when I can.
    Last edited by ctc2; 06-27-2014 at 11:52 PM.

This YouTube lesson video might help too. I much prefer videos to tabs when I'm stuck cause you can see what they're doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUvaQ-2kb8

I learned this version, which I believe is in A. Looking at the video again, my right hand pattern is a little different than what Walsh plays. The rhythm is the same, but I alternate up-down where Walsh is playing down-down. Anyway, my take on the verse strum pattern is:

(A chord) DUdUdUdu, (D chord) D

"D" is a downstroke, "U" is an upstroke. I'm using upper case to signify unmuted, and lower case to signify muted. Because you alternate unmuted and muted strokes, you end up kind of slapping the strings with the side of your palm along with the muted stroke. It's kind of a percussive effect (or at least it would be on an acoustic guitar). Also, the last two muted strums (the "du") on the A chord are quick / double-time. I think of them as a triplet with the D-chord.

So that's how I play it. But I think Walsh plays it like this:

(A chord) DDdDdDdu, (D chord) D

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by BrickHorn; 07-01-2014 at 01:32 PM.

One more thing I forgot to mention. I think Walsh plays the A and D chords like this:

A chord:

e: 5
    B: 5
    G: 6
    D: 7
    A: 0
    E: X

D chord:

e: 5
    B: 7
    G: 7
    D: 7
    A: 0
    E: X

The position on the 1st-4th strings is the same for the typical E-form A and A-form D barre chords, but they aren't played as full barre chords. The open A string is a nice touch, because it adds a heavy sound. Anyway, you can see this at around the 0:55 mark of the video I posted.

Damn...The James Gang kicked all kinds of ass.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast