+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Downtown Projects

asshat Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al's Avatar
    Exactly right. And we've seen a few projects incorporate the old facades into their design, which keeps some of the street level Austin feel.

asshat Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze's Avatar
    I don't think many are upset about new developments like these except for the hardcore "don't move to austin" folks. I think what people get up in arms about is the lack of transportation infrastructure to handle the hoards. In the morning, with flowing traffic I can get from my driveway in Westcreek to Scofield, the last free exit, in 20 minutes. In the afternoon that same stretch averages an hour. I am the one that chose to live where I live, so it's mostly in me. But there is no reason why better highways can't be built to trim 20 minutes off of that.

Build all the high rises and mixed use buildings you want, but don't forget the other shoe.

asshat Fico might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fico might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fico might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fico might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fico might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fico might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fico might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fico might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fico might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fico might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fico might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fico's Avatar
    Trust me, transportation issue are at the top of the list of priorities as far as CRE professionals are concerned. The DAA is also pushing as much as they can. Perhaps with the single member districts we can get some traction on the subject.

Realistically, that is the main item holding Austin back from even faster growth due to relocation.

oldfart Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCruiser View Post
    I pine for old Austin as much as the next guy (admittedly, I've only been in the area for about 20 years, not the lifetime that some of you have been). And I $#@!ing deplore suburban sprawl, strip centers, and chain retail. But some of these parts of downtown that are being developed into massive office and condo and hotel spaces, they were $#@!ing nothing for decades. They were rundown warehouses, abandon buildings, fields of trash and weeds, homeless camps, defunct car dealerships, crackhouses. Yes, they torn down Las Manitas and Liberty Lunch, but most of those block parcels were nothing. NO history, no community benefit, and sure as $#@!-not putting anything on the tax rolls.
    You are correct.

asshat Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al's Avatar
    Mopac will have 2 express lanes each way from the river to Parmer. Congress is going to be 4-5 lanes all the way to Slaughter Lane and have the Rapid Bus route. I-35 through town is going to be reworked in some fashion (express lanes).

I wish they could come up with some East-West highway option into downtown from 360. Could help a bit.

asshat AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo's Avatar
    I said this elsewhere, but I really think they $#@!ed up with the rail stuff. They spent a lot of money on it, it serves a fairly small group of people (since capacity can't be expanded easily), and the biggest mistake IMO is using a single track, which creates a lot of issues. It also turned a lot of people against it, which is going to hurt expansion attempts in the future.

Well the bigger issue is that it was touted as removing a lot of cars off the road, when the theoretical amount of cars it could remove was quickly canceled out by people moving into the are (I think it took less than 6 months).

It seems like they should have taken the money and spent it on improving the existing mass transit/bus system. I've used Cap Metro buses a lot in getting downtown or over to campus, and in the right situations they are great, but I also see the shortcomings a lot of people experience and I would have rathered those be addressed than spend $100 million on moving a fairly small group of people from Leander and north Austin to downtown.

The people from Leander and North Austin are not going to be the problem, it's going to be the increasing density downtown and getting more people cross-town as Austin goes east/west in addition to north/south.
    Last edited by AtomHeartBevo; 01-07-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Gondolas are the answer. No, not the boats.

asshat SullHorn grows his own roses SullHorn grows his own roses SullHorn grows his own roses SullHorn grows his own roses SullHorn grows his own roses SullHorn grows his own roses SullHorn grows his own roses SullHorn grows his own roses SullHorn grows his own roses SullHorn grows his own roses SullHorn grows his own roses
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    And, apparently some called World Class Capital Group purchased those old warehouses across Cesar Chavez from the convention center back in August. As of last month, the billboards on that lot were taken down, leading to speculation that it'll soon be developed.

http://downtownaustinblog.org/2012/1...artment-tower/
    Is that the old Texas Crew (mens' club sport) boathouse? I seem to remember doing a jillion ergs in there and hating rowing my freshman year of college.

oldfart Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SullHorn View Post
    Is that the old Texas Crew (mens' club sport) boathouse? I seem to remember doing a jillion ergs in there and hating rowing my freshman year of college.
    The new boathouse?

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/a...-new-boathouse

Last edited by Armybrat; 01-07-2013 at 04:41 PM.

University Park Apartments (former Concordia site on I35) are currently under construction.

A couple is putting everything they have into building a boutique hotel on East 11th called Hotel Eleven. http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/bl....html?page=all

asshat Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call's Avatar
    Nice post. Blows my $#@!ing mind every time I come to Austin. Where's all this money coming from? It's unbelievable. While many of parts of the country are still feeling the effects of 2008, Austin really never missed a beat. But it's kind of like gorging yourself and getting fat. You're riding high and enjoying extreme wealth while slowly killing yourself at the same time. I rarely leave South Congress. My wife and I get to town, park and only go places we can walk. The place is getting way too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhorn Al View Post
    University Park Apartments (former Concordia site on I35) are currently under construction.

Drove by there recently and noticed that new construction.

Didn't Texas Monthly sue the project developer some time ago because he hadn't completed more phases of those grounds? IIRC, the editors & staff were located in the 1st building constructed on site, and they were pissed because of the ugly view - never mind that the Franklin BBQ trailer was directly across I-35 from their offices.

I read something about that, but I don't know the details. I do know that building has changed hands, and some of the land has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodrow Call View Post
    Nice post. Blows my $#@!ing mind every time I come to Austin. Where's all this money coming from? It's unbelievable. While many of parts of the country are still feeling the effects of 2008, Austin really never missed a beat. But it's kind of like gorging yourself and getting fat. You're riding high and enjoying extreme wealth while slowly killing yourself at the same time. I rarely leave South Congress. My wife and I get to town, park and only go places we can walk. The place is getting way too big.
    Hey, even Captain Call would ride down the street one block to kick an abusive bully's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Chet Steadman View Post
    Good info Goat and Al. Curious - are the two of you involved in the commercial or residential side of development? In what capacity?
    I'm involved in both commercial and residential development. I'm the President and Director of a RE-dev corp I founded back in 2007.

Chet - I am not in the business, though it does seem like a very interesting line of work. I'm just an amateur. I can't speak for goat, though.
    Impressive working knowledge for a self-desribed "amateur", LA. You are correct, it is an extremely interesting line of work. No one day is a repeat of the last, and you're always looking for your next deal...and be careful or you'll end up like me: a self-described "deal-junkie."

Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    And, apparently some called World Class Capital Group purchased those old warehouses across Cesar Chavez from the convention center back in August. As of last month, the billboards on that lot were taken down, leading to speculation that it'll soon be developed.
    This is an assumption and falsified rumor...the billboards came down b/c Reagan National Advertising is looking to redo the signs. (link to the permit case folder: https://www.austintexas.gov/devrevie...erRSN=10873806 )

World Class doesn't own the property outright just yet; and they don't have the man-power, nor the capital (despite the name), to complete a project of that magnitude. They had teamed up with a 'real' development outfit, but tried to reneg the agreement at the last second...the big-boys called Natin's bluff and now they're sitting there without a project, and a 'hard-money' note on the land that matures in less than 2-yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    I have a small hand in the 7 Rio project. Every time I drive around the area I am kind of taken aback by the location/what it's immediately surrounded by. gonna be a pretty good western view 'til the next one comes along it seems.
    What is your involvement in 7 Rio? I ask, b/c one of my projects is right near there.
    Last edited by goat_1970; 01-08-2013 at 10:15 PM. Reason: regarded

asshat Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call Shaggy Bronze Club Woodrow Call's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Hey, even Captain Call would ride down the street one block to kick an abusive bully's ass.

One of my favorite scenes. You just can't tolerate rude behavior.

asshat KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tokamak View Post
    Is that just a concept or is that the final design? Because that is the most depressingly boring looking building I think I have ever seen.
    It'll be hard to get much uglier than the W, which looks like someone dried a huge turd, stood it upright, and drilled a few holes in it.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserSoze View Post
    It'll be hard to get much uglier than the W, which looks like someone dried a huge turd, stood it upright, and drilled a few holes in it.
    The W? You're talking about this one? I actually kinda like it.

photo 2010 Andrew Pogue

asshat KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze Probably Shaggy upper class KaiserSoze's Avatar
    The W? You're talking about this one? I actually kinda like it.

That rendering/"photo" looks 100x better than the finished project. It's very rare that the glass reflects blue sky (I don't think I've actually ever seen it happen)... 99% of the time it looks like a huge turd- it's actually $#@! brown.

One of the most depressing views of it is from the patio at Shoal Creek Saloon.
    Last edited by KaiserSoze; 01-09-2013 at 12:14 PM.

It's an actual photo, but I see your point.

It's an actual photo
    It's an image based on a photo. It's no longer an actual photo in my opinion... there's so much air brushing and so many color "enhancements" that it no longer comes close to representing what the building actually looks like (shy of the shape and balcony placements).
    Last edited by KaiserSoze; 01-09-2013 at 12:24 PM.

It's an image based on a photo. It's no longer an actual photo in my opinion... there's so much air brushing and so many color "enhancements" that it no longer comes close to representing what the building actually looks like (shy of the shape and balcony placements).
    That's what the building looks like... except the ground floor retail is now finished out. Out of all the buildings in Austin this would be one of the last ones I would call "ugly". At 250 million I believe its the most expensive high rise built in Austin (Frost Tower only cost ~130 million to build actually and the Austonian ~200 million). The ~400 JW Marriott will take that honor when it's done though.

Quote Originally Posted by drunkfan#1 View Post
    That's what the building looks like
    I live and work within a mile of it and see it every day- the building does not look like that. The only thing that image captures accurately is the shape.

Banned Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club

hah- I'm not trolling, it's just an ugly building

I live and work within a mile of it and see it every day- the building does not look like that. The only thing that image captures accurately is the shape.
    You are going Merrill Hoge on the W. LOL.

I don't know what that means, but I'll take it as funny. Anyway, it certainly seems I'm in the minority about the "aesthetics" of that building. I didn't realize people think it's an attractive structure (nttawwt).

I've been inside of it a couple of times and it is certainly well done.
    Last edited by KaiserSoze; 01-09-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Maybe it reflects the murky river more than they expected. I never noticed.

Looks like it'll be awhile before the vision for the Capitol complex comes together.

http://www.statesman.com/news/busine...x-plans/nTq8m/

Lawmakers: Halt Capitol complex plans
    American-Statesman Staff

An influential group of Texas lawmakers on Wednesday called for a time-out on unsolicited proposals for public-private projects.

The Texas Sunset Advisory Commission took the vote after a debate about the future of the Capitol complex.

“Did any of us really envision the commercialization of the Capitol complex?” asked Sen. John Whitmire, D-Houston. “How do we put the genie back in the bottle? I think we made a mistake.”

While the brief debate focused on plans for fully developing the Capitol complex, the freeze on unsolicited proposals would extend statewide, including development on state lands in Austin, until after Sept. 1.

The commission, by a vote of 10-2, rejected an amendment to allow unsolicited proposal to continue to be considered until Sept. 1.

asshat Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SullHorn View Post
    Yes. And I rowed there too, back when we used to graffiti the railroad bridge every year.

BroccoliD
    Hotel ZaZa (24 stories) is hoping to break ground later this year at 401 Guadalupe across from Republic Square Park. The folks with Austin City Lofts next door are opposing the zoning change to allow it. They're citing traffic concerns. Psh. They just don't want their view to change.

800-804 Congress is another that is ready to go, but is waiting on an ok from the city. The developer, city, other properties and small businesses in the area are wrangling over the setbacks. This building is a little too close to Congress for the liking of the properties to the south. At least that's how I'm understanding it. Someone like LonghornFan68 can probably explain it better.

Shoal Creek Walk would be an 18 story building. Ground floor retail and 17 floors of office space. This would be at 6th and Bowie, just a block north of 3 Eleven Bowie.

3rd & Colorado office tower (30 stories) is moving forward.

White Lodging is planning another hotel. They already have 2 under construction (JW Marriott and Hyatt Place). This one would be 20 stories and located on the corner of East 5th and San Jacinto.
    I knew about the first batch (and thanks to the OP for posting the renderings) but these addtional projects? Holy $#@!! $#@!'s geting real! When all this is finished, it will be like the transformation Toronto went through last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Drove by there recently and noticed that new construction.

Didn't Texas Monthly sue the project developer some time ago because he hadn't completed more phases of those grounds? IIRC, the editors & staff were located in the 1st building constructed on site, and they were pissed because of the ugly view - never mind that the Franklin BBQ trailer was directly across I-35 from their offices.
    the original developers wanted to build a nice hotel, shopping center and office buildings. then the real estate bubble burst. i believe the original developers went bankrupt. i know texas monthly sued but not sure they are going to get anywhere suing a bankrupt company. i'm glad that finally something is being done with that prime real estate.

asshat AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo's Avatar
    How safe are the new apartment complexes/towers being built, at least as far as fires?

I've done the apartment thing before, and my fear was always fire, plumbing going haywire, and $#@!ty neighbors. When you hear about apartment fires, it seems like its always the older ones though.

Now that we have a kid, it's not very desirable because of such worries, but later in the year or the following year, it would make sense for us to be in an apartmet for a year or so, and we could probably find something closer to my wife's work, with a good park nearby. We could do the house thing as well, but we really like some of the projects coming online or that will be shortly, and if we are going to rent for a while, might be nice to try out a modern place.

But my fear is still fire. I don't want some $#@! who falls asleep with a lit cigarette or that thinks its a good idea to use unsafe electrical devices or to deep fry a turkey on the balcony, burn us out and/or put my kid in danger.

Are the newer apartment complexes being developed downtown or south of the lake being built with lots of fire safety in mind? I'm not sure what the regulations are these days. I saw that AFD has been ncreasing their high rise capabilities/training. I don't think we would live higher than the second or third floor either, for safet reasons.

Not tying to be a pussy, just with a little kid, things I didn't think about before became important all of the sudden.

asshat creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy's Avatar
    To follow up on some previous comments:

From what I understand, financing is the final piece of the Fairmont puzzle, and was supposed to be secured by the end of CY 2012. According to a Fairmont staff member in the development department, the project is considered a "go" within the company.

Regarding where all the money is coming from, you may be surprised to learn (I know I was) that a hotel only needs to run an occupancy in the low 60s in order to control their rates. With downtown Austin hotel occupancy averaging in the mid-70s, and much higher during demand periods, there is plenty of room for growth at the moment.

I am more surprised at the residential development. I just don't know who all these people are who are going live in these new condos--I suppose many of them have yet to move here. When my brother moved here from NYC a few years ago, he bought a condo, so I guess that's a good example.

Good news re: Fairmont. When they put their name on the project, I figured it was a go.

asshat Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death's Avatar
    Too bad with a the new construction all over downtown that no underground network was done similar to Dallas' or presumably other big city CBDs. Could have added parking too.

asshat Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes

photo 2010 Andrew Pogue
    It is rectilinear, you actually sh!t bricks?

It's ugly as $#@! is what it is. If it actually looked like that picture then i'd be okay with it.
    Last edited by KaiserSoze; 01-09-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
    Too bad with a the new construction all over downtown that no underground network was done similar to Dallas' or presumably other big city CBDs. Could have added parking too.
    Pick a half dozen random spots in parks/yards near downtown. Dig down 15 feet (preferably at night to avoid the police). Report back on how quickly your shovel breaks.

There is a reason why Austin is not loaded with in-ground swimming pools and basements.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomHeartBevo View Post
    How safe are the new apartment complexes/towers being built, at least as far as fires?

I've done the apartment thing before, and my fear was always fire, plumbing going haywire, and $#@!ty neighbors. When you hear about apartment fires, it seems like its always the older ones though.

Now that we have a kid, it's not very desirable because of such worries, but later in the year or the following year, it would make sense for us to be in an apartmet for a year or so, and we could probably find something closer to my wife's work, with a good park nearby. We could do the house thing as well, but we really like some of the projects coming online or that will be shortly, and if we are going to rent for a while, might be nice to try out a modern place.

But my fear is still fire. I don't want some $#@! who falls asleep with a lit cigarette or that thinks its a good idea to use unsafe electrical devices or to deep fry a turkey on the balcony, burn us out and/or put my kid in danger.

Are the newer apartment complexes being developed downtown or south of the lake being built with lots of fire safety in mind? I'm not sure what the regulations are these days. I saw that AFD has been ncreasing their high rise capabilities/training. I don't think we would live higher than the second or third floor either, for safet reasons.

Not tying to be a pussy, just with a little kid, things I didn't think about before became important all of the sudden.
    About 30 years ago I was attending a track meet in Memorial stadium, sitting on the east side. Saw a bunch of smoke pouring out of a window on about the 8th or 9th floor of the Cambridge condo tower at MLK & Guadalupe. Didn't take long for the fire to be put out and later read that the damage was confined to that one unit. The building was constructed about 40 years ago.

asshat TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crackamacgowski View Post
    We have that hanging in our dining room and its two friends hanging in the living room. Great pictures.
    I'm going to print a couple of those out fullcolor on one of our oversize. Bet that looks great framed.

bunghole P-Ville's Finest is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? P-Ville's Finest is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? P-Ville's Finest is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? P-Ville's Finest is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? P-Ville's Finest is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? P-Ville's Finest is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? P-Ville's Finest is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? P-Ville's Finest is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? P-Ville's Finest's Avatar
    It's ugly as $#@! is what it is. If it actually looked like that picture then i'd be okay with it.
    That is the way it looks. I see every day as well. More photos, or as you call them, "renderings".

Yeah, a couple of hours a week? The rest of the time there's no "sky" reflection in those windows and it look like a huge turd.

thanks obama jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt's Avatar
    kaiserhoge in the house!

Don't get me started on Thundercloud radio commercials! (seriously though- what's the Hoge thing... link? I'm not a huge sports guy)

Banned Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club
    Don't get me started on Thundercloud radio commercials! (seriously though- what's the Hoge thing... link? I'm not a huge sports guy)
    dude.

moar

hahahaha- thanks Tailleur. Okay, I get it, I called one of Austin's babies ugly. (just watched the first video)

asshat tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak's Avatar
    I'm kinda with Kaiser, especially when I look at that 2nd pic that P'ville posted. The bottom 15 or so floors of that thing are a complete mess.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast