+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Bungie's new project: Destiny

Any advice on where to blow my accrued glimmer? I never use it outside of gear stat upgrades, and have 15k now (just hit 20). From what I'm hearing, buying Engrams is wasteful and seldom amounts to anything, even with the higher cryptarch level (I'm at 2).

Also, has anyone looked at joining one of the 3 private factions or have any experience there? I understand you have a str/disc, disc/int, and an int/str faction, just curious on how popular they are.

asshat Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder's Avatar
    FYI, if anyone else gets an error while trying to connect, try closing the game and re-opening it. There is a 66 meg patch for X1 today, and it didn't want to trigger the first time I tried to login.

i got a legendary scout rifle, pretty nice let me solo the weekly heroic strike

asshat RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas's Avatar
    Just started, created an Exo Hunter.

and just got the exotic bounty

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Pringles View Post
    Any advice on where to blow my accrued glimmer? I never use it outside of gear stat upgrades, and have 15k now (just hit 20). From what I'm hearing, buying Engrams is wasteful and seldom amounts to anything, even with the higher cryptarch level (I'm at 2).

Also, has anyone looked at joining one of the 3 private factions or have any experience there? I understand you have a str/disc, disc/int, and an int/str faction, just curious on how popular they are.
    Cryptarch levels via the green enegrams can be really beneficial if you're lucky with the drops. All my legendary grams keep dropping blues but it's something to hope for. Outside of that go buy some shaders.

Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    So, guess I have to get this now. Should I download or just hit Target on the way home?
    Download = you don't have to bother putting the disc in. If that matters and you can wait a night, buy a digital copy.

asshat hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785's Avatar
    More levels that will be unlocked, or DLC? Probably DLC....

asshat hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785's Avatar

asshat Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club
    Hit 20 tonight. Still haven't done anything on Mars. Tried the daily heroic story mission. Did not go so well as a 20 with random blues and greens.

Fusion rifles in crucible are $#@!ing pussy.

1 for 6 in purple engrams tonight but that 1 was my first for lock. They should really raise the cap for crucible marks

To continue with the bullshittery that is Crucible, why the $#@! does it take me 3 melee's to kill a bitch, but only one for me to get nuked (full shield, mind you). I assume the fist beside my name when I die is a melee death.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Pringles View Post
    To continue with the bullshittery that is Crucible, why the $#@! does it take me 3 melee's to kill a bitch, but only one for me to get nuked (full shield, mind you). I assume the fist beside my name when I die is a melee death.
    Same was happening to me, I was level 11 and playing against mostly lvl 15-20's. I noticed they had shields and I don't.

This may come off as senseless drivel, but this very well may possibly be the worst multiplayer FPS I've ever played. Perhaps it's because I suck. Perhaps because I'm new. I still find myself generally maintaining a positive K/D ratio. But I can't stand playing Crucible.

Between Fusion Rifles and Rocket Launchers flash-spamming cap-points in 'Control', shotguns spamming in anything short, snipers anything long, my dumb ass getting 1-hit every mother $#@!ing melee imaginable, and the terrible radar system (watch and wait for red blips), I just don't enjoy it. People who want to avoid being on the radar will just crouch everywhere and be campy, others will counter with a special. Bungie provides bounties urging players to cap zones, convincing them to bundle rather than defend, and they get wiped from a rocket, Striker, or Warlock. Multiplayer modes are limited, as are maps. And the daily bounties include "salvage", which isn't even accessible.

Yes, I'm a vagina.

\_(ツ)_/ SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII's Avatar

asshat Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornfan785 View Post
    This looks like fun. I'm only level 15, but will be 20 sometime this week.

I tried it last night. It definitely helps if you have another guy there with you when you reload because one of them might slip away and then you'll have to go chase him down. I didn't get any Legendary engrams, sadly, just Blue and Green. I'm level 20.

The first raid "vault of glass" opens today... You have to be lvl26 to even be eligible.

asshat capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81's Avatar
    So, I hate to ask but I feel like I missed some of what I am trying to achieve/collect. Is there a good website that anyone would recommend to help me understand engrams Etc? Maybe a good guide to what all upgrades are available.

\_(ツ)_/ SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by capn81 View Post
    So, I hate to ask but I feel like I missed some of what I am trying to achieve/collect.
    You are not alone. The mechanics of leveling up, and even the overall storyline, are unnecessarily convoluted.

asshat RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24's Avatar
    I am only level4.

Where do you even go to play multiplayer? Is there a team deathmatch?

I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderzX24 View Post
    I am only level4.

I'm confused.
    I think once you hit lvl 5 the Crucible will open on your destination map, that's where you go for the MP, the "Crucible" planet.

Also you might need to visit an NPC at the Tower first, so make sure to visit all the people with green $#@! above their heads when you level up.

I am only level4.

I'm confused.
    Level up more before doing multiplayer, you will be at a severe disadvantage without your abilities unlocked. The MP scales everyone to level 20, so you will be able to compete, but without your special abilities unlocked, it's going to suck. Stick with the story, and skip strike missions unless you have a few people with you. Check back at the tower after each mission to turn in bounties and open up your engrams. Dismantle junk you don't need, try new weapon types until you get comfortable with some you really enjoy.

I tried it last night. It definitely helps if you have another guy there with you when you reload because one of them might slip away and then you'll have to go chase him down. I didn't get any Legendary engrams, sadly, just Blue and Green. I'm level 20.
    I too also tried it last night, got 1 blue

I am only level4.

I'm confused.
    it unlocks when you hit 5

Quote Originally Posted by capn81 View Post
    So, I hate to ask but I feel like I missed some of what I am trying to achieve/collect. Is there a good website that anyone would recommend to help me understand engrams Etc? Maybe a good guide to what all upgrades are available.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...anguard_marks/

From the reviews on reddit, it sounds like the raid is pretty damn tough, but well done.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...warcraft_i_am/
    Coming from 10-years of World of Warcraft, I am speechless after I saw Vault of Glass. Best raid or any multiplayer PVE I have seen in decades.
    Hey, Also a long time wow player, 9 years. Ive raided every raid endgame and played in a top 150 world rank guild and Im not saying wow was easy, but this looks $#@!ing hard compared to wow raids. The team cooardination needed for this is far beyond wow, im just amazed if this is only the first raid in this game. Bungie, gotta say you did it, you $#@!ing made a world class game.
    I've never played WoW, so I'm not sure what those raids or like or whatever, but I'm looking forward to giving the raids a shot once I get up to the required level.

asshat Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker's Avatar
    It's basically a 7 hour mission that you have 1 week to finish before it resets and you have to restart.

Hearing it can actually take 15+ hours to complete as per the twitch stream that's been going on.

Raiding itself in WoW wasn't difficult, getting 25 or 40 dipshits to not $#@! up was the hard part. With only 6 people to manage, I can't imagine this will be all that much of a challenge. One of the best things WoW ever did was open up 10-man raids, so that you could reduce the number of dipshits in your party, and create some actual teamwork. The fewer the better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrucker View Post
    It's basically a 7 hour mission that you have 1 week to finish before it resets and you have to restart.

Hearing it can actually take 15+ hours to complete as per the twitch stream that's been going on.
    Problem with raids is you need 5 friends to do it. No going to town shouting LFR. If you don't have enough friends you'll need to use external resources like reddit to find groups

asshat Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker has a gigantic e-peen. Speedtrucker's Avatar
    Yeah and the progress is tied to the team leader... So you gotta stick it out or make sure everyone is down fir multiple sessions

Raids simply aren't designed for the casual player. Its probably why legendary loot is so easy to get, I imagine the raid loot is going to be a step above.

asshat BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory's Avatar
    I expected the raids to be harder than WoW raids. The strikes are already more difficult than almost all of the dungeons I ever did.

I've played Crucible a bit now and it seems pretty well balanced to me. No one weapon seems to be cheap or dominant. Heavy ammo drops pretty sparingly. Each weapon has clear strengths and weaknesses. I suck at console multiplayer games, and am happy if I can go .500 with K/D. I bumbled around for a while, but have really taken to the scout rifle. I started doing so much better with it. I like the pace, unlike CoD where it feels so fast and frenetic I just have no idea what the $#@! is going on.

asshat The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster's Avatar
    Yeah I'm with you on the scout rifle. Scour rifle and shotty.

Has anyone done multiple play throughs? I'm a warlock. Wondering how the other ones' styles differ... I'm sure they differ lots, just wondering which you preferred.

Is it just me or are the heroics harder? Last week you could res after 30 secs if everyone was alive, now no ressing unless revied

Another irk of mine with crucible.

RNG's are great and all, but 1 chap taking home all the loot? This was my "daily", so I kind of expected something.

Having said that, I'm opening up a bit to crucible. Content is still incredibly limited, but I've been able to better acclimate myself with weapon swaps prior to encounters using radar blips. That and always working with another to take shield breaks. I still prefer pve though.

asshat bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange's Avatar
    I tried the raid last night as a lvl 26 titan. Our team gave up on opening the gate (very first challenge) after about an hour when we realized we weren't making any progress. We will try again after everyone in our group has a full complement of special and heavy weapons with void damage. Lvl 26 Praetorians are no joke.

Doc.P - Crucible rewards are completely random. Read forums on bungie. Lots of peeps complaining how they always come in #1 on the leaderboard and see the last place player who was afk half the game get the only loot.

M.K. - In heroics where you can't respawn, you can go to orbit (leave the game) and then rejoin the fireteam if your friends are able to stay alive long enough while you are gone. It helps when you die in a very inconvenient location.
    Last edited by bernorange; 09-17-2014 at 09:09 AM.

asshat NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO's Avatar
    This works. Tried it last night and it isn't a well kept secret. Originally I tested it myself, while my buddies were playing Crucible, to see how effective the farming would be. When I arrived at the location, there was already someone there. That lasted about 5 minutes before 6 people were all shooting into that cave. I was sold.

After some talking to, I convinced my buddies to leave the Crucible and come farm with me. About an hour or so later we all had new legendary items, with one guy finding 2 exotics. He found an auto rifle called Hard Light and a helmet for a Warlock. He's a Titan and was pissed. I found legendary gauntlets and chest piece from blue engrams. You will find a ton of useless greens, so make sure you keep dismantling them or you will run out of room in your inventory.

I noticed that the frequency and number of enemies spawning in the cave seemed to increase with each person who joined in. I think the most people we had stop by was 4 (total of 7 including my fireteam of 3). It's pretty obvious and draws a lot of attention from others driving by that there is a group of guys unloading into a cave.

The cave is pretty centrally located and offers more than just farming. There is a public event that happens right next to where you'll be farming, which gives you more good $#@!. There was also this weird surge of enemies that happened to my party's 2 different fireteams on different maps/servers at the same time. One guy was convinced Bungie was pissed at us farming and released the hounds. We had 6 level 24+ characters (3 my fireteam, 3 randoms) on my map/server and were pretty overwhelmed. The other guys in my party only had a 19, 22, and 24 and had to run away and come back when things calmed down. They came from all directions and at one point there were probably 30 enemies with about 10 of them being yellow. They kept coming and coming and it became the biggest battle I've been in while playing Destiny. It was awesome and I have no idea what it was about, but as quickly as it started, it was over.

For anyone trying that farming spot out for the first time, make sure you stand far enough back from the cave like the guy does in the video of they won't all respawn. I made that mistake at first and just kept getting the 3 acolytes respawning, but none of the others. Finally someone else came along and started shooting me to get my attention, then shot the ground where he was standing, and I put it together and moved back to where he was standing.

So if a couple of players are standing there shooting, you'll both get loot? How does that work exactly? Do you have to get the kill to get a drop?

asshat Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyDumps View Post
    So if a couple of players are standing there shooting, you'll both get loot? How does that work exactly? Do you have to get the kill to get a drop?
    Pretty sure that if your ADS or pointing toward the target, you will get points and drops.

asshat NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO Shaggy Silver Club NaTe WHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyDumps View Post
    Everyone gets loot. There isn't a lot of down time because it's constant fire, reload, run up, grab loot and ammo, run back, repeat. Sometimes you have to $#@! and I've gone to the bathroom after clearing the cave of loot while standing by everyone else shooting, only to come back and have a cave full of engrams waiting for me. I don't think you even have to be ADS. Hell, I wasn't even looking at the cave when I got back.

This game has been growing on me as I get closer to lvl 20. Stumbled across this article, thought I'd share. One guy's opinion about the potential for longevity:

http://www.gamesradar.com/if-youre-w...stand-destiny/

asshat RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24 Shaggy Bronze Club RaiderzX24's Avatar
    Anybody getting a "Elk" network error?

I'm on Level 5.

Thanks.

Anybody getting a "Elk" network error?

I'm on Level 5.

Thanks.
    I'm not. Xbone

asshat BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory's Avatar
    The cave is a blast until someone shows up that doesn't understand what we are doing and runs into the cave after every single drop.
    Last edited by BaylorHistory; 09-17-2014 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BaylorHistory View Post
    The cave is a blast until someone shows up that doesn't understand what we are doing and runs into the cave after every single drop.
    That's when you find a new server. If you can get 6 people doing it and doing it right, you get tons of stuff. Got 2 legendary and an exotic earlier.

Do you have to be level 20 for the cave to drop good stuff? I'm 14 and only getting a lot of whites

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 6 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 ... LastLast