+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 192 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Bungie's new project: Destiny

asshat StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg's Avatar
    In the cafeteria, eating dessert by myself

Bungie's new project: Destiny

I'll admit I grew up a Halo fan, so I'm a bit of a Bungie fanboy, but this looks pretty intriguing:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/17/399...t-look-preview

You get a bit of a preview of the soundtrack in the vidoc too, which will be by Marty O'Donnell, who did the entire Halo series before 4.

I, for one, am pretty excited to see how this turns out.

asshat SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH's Avatar
    im intrigued, but i still hesitate to jump all in. i know nothing other than it being a first person shooter. i do like that they haven't come out and said the words "MMO" though, at least to my knowledge.

Banned linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko.
    A derivative super polished game, so very Activision.

The only Bungie game I liked was Myth, boy the nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by linux View Post

asshat StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. StephenGlansberg's Avatar
    In the cafeteria, eating dessert by myself

Yeah, the fact that Activision is involved makes me a little skeptical.

And I think the biggest understatement that anyone can make about the gaming industry right now is that post-apocalyptic theme has been overused.

We'll see though, more than anything I'm curious to see how Bungie follows up on all their success from the Halo series.

I also forgot to mention the soundtrack is also being done by Michael Salvatori (also from the Halo series) and, of all people, Paul McCartney.

Banned linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko.
    Quote Originally Posted by boknowstecmo View Post
    You can still try Myth, the more people that play good games the better, it is a reverse hipster.

I've never played borderlands, but that sort of gameplay is the vibe I'm getting here

asshat MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP's Avatar
    They say it's an "Action game" but it looks like a FPS to me, which tells me it's going to be like a Firefly/Brink/Planetside 2 game. I'll keep an eye on it since I love those genres, but I am always skeptical of their claims. I always love how developers are talk about how they're doing the next big thing, and it's always the same.
    Last edited by MillerEP; 02-19-2013 at 11:38 AM.

I dunno. This is feeling like a grand scale Skyrim set in our universe in the future with guns and a space war element.

asshat SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH grows his own roses SLOTH's Avatar
    so destiny is coming out for both the ps3 and ps4. the ps4 is coming this holiday season, so november/december. doesnt that mean it should release at least by the middle of this year to give people time to put into it on the ps3? why would they release the game on the ps3 so close to the ps4 coming out? i dont exactly get how the transition will be once the ps4 comes out. will this be two separate games that you have to buy twice since the ps4 isnt backwards compatible?

asshat heso Shaggy Gold Club heso Shaggy Gold Club heso Shaggy Gold Club heso Shaggy Gold Club heso Shaggy Gold Club heso Shaggy Gold Club heso Shaggy Gold Club heso Shaggy Gold Club heso Shaggy Gold Club heso Shaggy Gold Club heso Shaggy Gold Club heso's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOTH View Post
    so destiny is coming out for both the ps3 and ps4. the ps4 is coming this holiday season, so november/december. doesnt that mean it should release at least by the middle of this year to give people time to put into it on the ps3? why would they release the game on the ps3 so close to the ps4 coming out? i dont exactly get how the transition will be once the ps4 comes out. will this be two separate games that you have to buy twice since the ps4 isnt backwards compatible?
    I'm assuming it will be timed fairly close to the release of the ps4 (at the same time or slightly after). There will be people that don't rush out and buy a ps4, they will rush out and buy this game in the ps3 format.

I guess that would be smart. Cover all bases. I know nothing about game development, but I'd be interested to see how much more it costs them to develop it for the ps3 as well.

asshat MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP's Avatar
    Here is a link to the GDC Panel they did about the game, has some interesting tidbits:
    http://www.gamespot.com/shows/gamesp...world-20130328

Gameplay footage reveal during the Sony press conference at E3. I know it's cross platform, but it's interesting to me that they are showing it at Sony's press conference.

Source and cgi trailer:

http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x...ps4_videogames

asshat Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker's Avatar
    Gameplay footage reveal during the Sony press conference at E3. I know it's cross platform, but it's interesting to me that they are showing it at Sony's press conference.

Source and cgi trailer:

http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x...ps4_videogames
    honestly, I think it is smart that they would reveal on the PS4. they need to capture the PS4 market like they had with the Xbox market.

if Naughty Dog(or whomever, they popped into my head first) ever broke ties with Sony, went cross-platform and did an Xbox reveal, my first thought would be "hell yeah, gettin some love" etc...

although it is Activision so you know that the DLC will still be Xbox exclusive early access...

Myth 2 is still the $#@!ing bomb, played recently with a modern fanpatch.

http://projectmagma.net/

Myth 2 is still the $#@!ing bomb, played recently with a modern fanpatch.

http://projectmagma.net/
    Noted?

So a lot of people seem to be coming away unimpressed by the demo last night. I see a lot of borderlands comparisons. I can see where people are getting those comparisons, but when I look back at some of the videos of interviews with the devs, they talk about the game lasting for 10 years. There's a lot we still don't know about this game that a 10 minute demo can't show us. Hopefully we find out more details in the next few days.

The art looked great, I'm sure the gameplay will be smooth, and I'm sure their will be some sort of compelling story. Those things we know.

So a lot of people seem to be coming away unimpressed by the demo last night. I see a lot of borderlands comparisons. I can see where people are getting those comparisons, but when I look back at some of the videos of interviews with the devs, they talk about the game lasting for 10 years. There's a lot we still don't know about this game that a 10 minute demo can't show us. Hopefully we find out more details in the next few days.

The art looked great, I'm sure the gameplay will be smooth, and I'm sure their will be some sort of compelling story. Those things we know.
    I thought it looked awesome, and I make the comparison to Borderlands, Mass Effect, and Defiance MMO. I had zero interest in this game before, but now I am highly interested to see how it develops.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikwille View Post
    I thought it looked awesome, and I make the comparison to Borderlands, Mass Effect, and Defiance MMO. I had zero interest in this game before, but now I am highly interested to see how it develops.
    I agree.

Even if it did look a little borderlands esque, this is bungie, there has to be some interesting competitive multiplayer in there somewhere. We didn't get to see that last night.

a little more insight into how deep the game will be. they still obviously cant talk about a lot of the more juicy details.

game informer has been releasing updates on destiny every few days... I'm getting very excited about this game and wish it was coming out earlier than 9/9/14.

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/destiny.aspx

\_(ツ)_/ SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII's Avatar
    preorders get beta codes. beta starts in summer. game comes out september 9th.

Banned Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club
    Maybe it's because I wasn't a halo fanboy growing up (only played the first on PC and didn't finish it, never played any other in the series) but that game looking boring as hell.

asshat Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet View Post
    Maybe it's because I wasn't a halo fanboy growing up (only played the first on PC and didn't finish it, never played any other in the series) but that game looking boring as hell.
    I am a Halo nerd and as such a fan of Bungie but I'm getting nervous because I've read a couple of articles saying that their time with the game has been kinda boring.

limited playability and all that noise but I'm still worried none the less.

asshat NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO's Avatar
    I'm actually pretty excited about Destiny. From watching these videos below, it feels a little bit like Borderlands, which isn't a bad thing at all. Exploring a nonlinear universe, fighting increasingly powerful foes in an FPS, while building on your skills tree and trying to find and upgrade rare weapons during main quest and side missions. I saw a Q&A that explained there won't be loot stealing like in Borderlands and everyone will get all loot. Nothing is worse than a bitch who takes every good weapon just because he'd open a crate first. $#@! was stupid. On the last video mentions that Bungie will have new content released, not sure exactly what that includes (missions, weapons, awards), every single day by having people on the clock 24/7 for 10 years after the release. That sounds awesome.

Gameplay

Breakdown of Gameplay video

Description of game modes and other info

any ps4 people playing the beta?

Quote Originally Posted by hornsup View Post
    I should be on tomorrow night or this weekend.

My gay ass PSN name is pvt_gitsome, add me

Yes. Had a ton of fun. Level cap is unfortunately very low. Just gotta make sure I don't overplay the beta and burn out on the multiplayer before launch.

I have an xbone so I'm waiting. I am very excite.

I will get it if it ever comes out on PC. Playing FPS games on consoles is like trying to throw or write with my other hand.

asshat TexEx09 grows his own roses TexEx09 grows his own roses TexEx09 grows his own roses TexEx09 grows his own roses TexEx09 grows his own roses TexEx09 grows his own roses TexEx09 grows his own roses TexEx09 grows his own roses TexEx09 grows his own roses TexEx09 grows his own roses TexEx09 grows his own roses TexEx09's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissin View Post
    I will get it if it ever comes out on PC. Playing FPS games on consoles is like trying to throw or write with my other hand.
    I don't understand this. I am just the opposite. I don't understand how anyone can play FPS or any other game using the $#@!ing up, down, left, right arrows on the keyboard. (Played some WoW and Counter strike in college, but $#@!ing hated using the mouse and arrows) Much better control with a console controller IMO

Quote Originally Posted by TexEx09 View Post
    I don't understand this. I am just the opposite. I don't understand how anyone can play FPS or any other game using the $#@!ing up, down, left, right arrows on the keyboard. (Played some WoW and Counter strike in college, but $#@!ing hated using the mouse and arrows) Much better control with a console controller IMO
    You don't understand how anyone else in the world could prefer a mouse/keyboard because you personally prefer an analog stick?

Personally, I was pretty good online on PC shooters but I suck on console.

I think the last time I used arrow keys for any PC game was probably in windows 3.1. Can't really remember but I'm pretty sure I was using WSAD even when I was playing Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six on a 56k modem.

Coming from PC shooters and trying to play on console I couldn't find a sensitivity setting that allowed me to both be accurate and turn fast. For instance, on PC I can do a 180 in the blink of an eye and end up with my crosshairs lined up for a headshot (or very close). When I tried to do this on console I couldn't replicate it and had to compromise turn speed for accuracy. Can you do an almost instantaneous 180 on console and line up your shots? If so, are you playing at max sensitivity? From what I can remember that was the only way I could get the same turn speed I can with a mouse.
    Last edited by Rissin; 07-20-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Banned Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club Prophet Shaggy Bronze Club
    Using the arrow keys (or, as I preferred when I played on the PC, WASD) in conjunction with the mouse gives you far more control and precision than using an analog stick.

asshat HOOKEM4 Shaggy Gold Club HOOKEM4 Shaggy Gold Club HOOKEM4 Shaggy Gold Club HOOKEM4 Shaggy Gold Club HOOKEM4 Shaggy Gold Club HOOKEM4 Shaggy Gold Club HOOKEM4 Shaggy Gold Club HOOKEM4 Shaggy Gold Club HOOKEM4 Shaggy Gold Club HOOKEM4 Shaggy Gold Club HOOKEM4 Shaggy Gold Club HOOKEM4's Avatar
    I played the Beta this weekend. Game is fun but I suck at online multiplayer FPS so unless the story mode is very long I doubt I will buy it. I played around 10 games with my buddy who is really good at these games. He averaged 30 kills a game and I killed 4 people in one game. The rest of them I maybe got 2 kills. Not really my cup of tea. But the story mode was fun as hell.

asshat bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange's Avatar
    I've played the beta a good bit. Story mode is wicked fun. You can team up with a couple friends to play it cooperatively too. There are some "free roam" levels in the story mode which you can use to explore the map and do whatever you want. Great fun until you dive into a tunnel that you shouldn't have and encounter beasts that you can't even hurt (not even a flesh wound). Looking forward to actually being able to wrastle with a Hallowed Ogre (level ??).

The multiplayer appears to have 7-8 different modes. All but two have been locked so far as I've seen. The first two modes are similar to what you would find in Battlefield4 or similar games - capture and hold bases longer than the other team. So far, I've managed to get a "very impressive" K/D average of around 0.10 (with one particular game where I completely Blutarski'd it - 0.00 - yep. not a single kill in 10 minutes). I die a lot. But I am also usually 2nd on the team in capturing bases.

Quote Originally Posted by HOOKEM4 View Post
    I played the Beta this weekend. Game is fun but I suck at online multiplayer FPS so unless the story mode is very long I doubt I will buy it.
    From all the videos I got the impression that they were basing this game around story/sandbox mode, loot and levels but you never know.

\_(ツ)_/ SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII's Avatar
    pretty stunning video

Xbone codes have gone out

Barely got to play, spent most of the night trouble shooting my stupid game headphones, but seems pretty cool so far.

played a few hours last night, and had a ton of fun. i was surprised by how fun the "sparrows" are to drive. i hope someday they make some sort of racing feature for them...

Anyone have an extra beta code? Xb1 if that matters...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrucker View Post
    Anyone have an extra beta code? Xb1 if that matters...
    Pm sent

I have two extra xb1 codes for anybody who needs. I only did the first two beta levels and so far I'm impressed. FYI while dl'ing your beta do not load the game and there. Apparently it has a tendency to go a lot slower and corrupts. Just let it dl to completion before you open it. I set mine to start before I went to bed Tuesday and played for a little yesterday when I got home.

Pm sent
    Thanks I'll test it shortly.

hmm, my code thing is telling me it has to be a 9-digit code. the one you provided is like 20 digits.
    Last edited by Speedtrucker; 07-24-2014 at 09:26 AM.

asshat NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO has a gigantic e-peen. NaTe WHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrucker View Post
    Thanks I'll test it shortly.

hmm, my code thing is telling me it has to be a 9-digit code. the one you provided is like 20 digits.
    There are two different codes. The 9-digit code came on the receipt when you pre-ordered and gets you access to 3 of the 25-digit codes that are entered at your XBox dashboard. The 25-digit code is what you want. Log onto XBox live and say "XBox use a code," and enter it. That's all it takes.
    Last edited by NaTe WHO; 07-24-2014 at 10:15 AM. Reason: use A code, not use code

Quote Originally Posted by NaTe WHO View Post
    There are two different codes. The 9-digit code came on the receipt when you pre-ordered and gets you access to 3 of the 25-digit codes that are entered at your XBox dashboard. The 25-digit code is what you want. Log onto XBox live and say "XBox use a code," and enter it. That's all it takes.
    Ah ok, I don't know $#@!!

Thanks, I'll do that this afternoon!

Quote Originally Posted by Fudbelty View Post
    I have two extra xb1 codes for anybody who needs. I only did the first two beta levels and so far I'm impressed. FYI while dl'ing your beta do not load the game and there. Apparently it has a tendency to go a lot slower and corrupts. Just let it dl to completion before you open it. I set mine to start before I went to bed Tuesday and played for a little yesterday when I got home.
    If you have an extra I'll take one. I've been on the fence picking it up since Titanfall kind of disappointed me I was hesitant to preorder it.

Thanks Hornsup, the code worked. Dl'ing now.

Pos rep coming when I get my laptop back up and running

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 192 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast