+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Remember? 60s-80s

There were rumors of kids having the aircraft carrier, but I never actually saw one.

asshat Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog's Avatar
    When's Trouble Going To Find Me, I Ain't Hard To Find...

Although there's several of these in the USNY area.

asshat mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong's Avatar

braniff airlines

kellogs jet drive whistle train

had one

Last edited by mileslong; 04-18-2013 at 06:59 PM.

asshat mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ihateowho View Post
    Remember when you had to take this off during math tests?

I didn't have that issue, because I was wearing this.

asshat NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX's Avatar
    Jesus built my car. Its a love affair. Mainly Jesus and my hot rod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Preferred View Post
    Dammit - try this again.

One of my favorite band names of all time is "Snatch The Pebble".

asshat NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX's Avatar
    Jesus built my car. Its a love affair. Mainly Jesus and my hot rod.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    You're really old if you remember these

asshat mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong's Avatar
    ^^^^^ I almost posted those "earth shoes"

asshat CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan's Avatar
    On the subject of TV shows, this was a fav in my house in the 60's

Last edited by mileslong; 04-18-2013 at 08:39 PM.

this

plus this

asshat the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit's Avatar
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mileslong again."

I still have one of those Marantz receivers with the matching speakers boxed up somewhere.

asshat the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit's Avatar
    I had this one:

That cat still scares the $#@! out of me.

asshat Dirk Diggler Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk Diggler Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk Diggler Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk Diggler Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk Diggler Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk Diggler Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk Diggler Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk Diggler Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk Diggler Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk Diggler Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk Diggler Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk Diggler's Avatar
    Man I used to go absolutely ape$#@! when I heard this theme song. It still kicks ass in my opinion.

I can't find it anywhere, but surely I'm not the only one who remembers one of the greatest game shows ever invented. I'm talking of course about another Channel 39 classic: TV Kid Pow.

"Pow. Pow. Pow. Powpowpowpowpowpowpow - poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!"
    I remember this, had to be 1977-1978.

lulz

Last edited by mileslong; 04-18-2013 at 10:43 PM.

asshat Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom's Avatar
    I'll see you, and raise with:

I'm all in.

I bought a Speak 'n Math on ebay a few years ago just so I could listen to the noise it makes when you turn it on (1:41 mark).

Remember how $#@!ing useless the rocket launcher water gun was compared to the other Entertech toys? And weren't these the final straws that prompted toy manufacturers to start making toy guns orange and purple and $#@!?

I eventually destroyed virtually all of my Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars with fireworks or a hammer in the driveway, and I regret doing so to this day. In my defense, I had it in my mind that I would salvage the parts and use clay as a central bonding agent to make all new even better cars out of the miscellaneous bits and pieces.

Spoiler!

Were Shrinky Dinks the stupidest "toy" ever or what?

The smell of grade school.

And I can't even find a trace of the Hoppin' Poppin' Eye online, but nothing was funnier than urging some idiot who didn't know better to suction that thing to his forehead for a few minutes--not even the black eye that could result if the Eye Hopped and Popped prematurely and blasted someone in their own eye...

man nothing smelled like old mimeograph pages...

the ultimate with the built in sharpener

Last edited by mileslong; 04-18-2013 at 11:47 PM.

the ultimate with the built in sharpener

Everytime you post something, my hair gets more grey in it...lol

Next to the old steel Tonka toys, this was the toughest toy I ever owned

asshat bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine's Avatar
    Ahh, the smell and sounds of the old mimeograph. I was usually the one sent to make "copies" at my rural elementary school, as I was the smartest of the class(not saying much, I know). My HS was in the city and on another level, with a 40 ton copier.

Goon Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by irvingtwosmokes View Post
    Those little PT boats were nasty. I raise you skiing, along with B-17 Bomber w/ Intellivoice
    I raise Lock N Chase, Tron deadly Discs and NHL Hockey - the trip move/sound was awesome

Goon Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe has a gigantic e-peen. Ogie Ogilthorpe's Avatar
    What, no love for Merlin?

asshat bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine's Avatar
    ^$#@!, I forgot all about that bugger.

Where are the lawn darts?

I had one of these in high school.

And I still have an unopened can of Billy Beer. I bought 1 can, never drank any, just thought it would someday be a collector's item.

asshat utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club
    Children of the 80s can't forget this abomination:

asshat retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread's Avatar
    Like a Sunday in T.J. that it's cheap but it's not free.

asshat Player Preferred Shaggy Platinum Player Preferred Shaggy Platinum Player Preferred Shaggy Platinum Player Preferred Shaggy Platinum Player Preferred Shaggy Platinum Player Preferred Shaggy Platinum Player Preferred Shaggy Platinum Player Preferred Shaggy Platinum Player Preferred Shaggy Platinum Player Preferred Shaggy Platinum Player Preferred Shaggy Platinum Player Preferred's Avatar

Don't know if this was posted yet but one of my favorites as a kid was

asshat ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del's Avatar

asshat ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del Shaggy Bronze Club ctrl+alt+del's Avatar

Last edited by Nole-4-Ever; 04-19-2013 at 12:35 PM.

This was a pretty accurate depiction of when the teacher passed out papers.

asshat utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club

asshat OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard's Avatar
    Where the high water mark of the 60's crashed ashore
    Quote Originally Posted by utee94 View Post
    One the best ads ever. Genius

asshat flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?

For ArmyBrat

asshat Pokoloco Shaggy Silver Club Pokoloco Shaggy Silver Club Pokoloco Shaggy Silver Club Pokoloco Shaggy Silver Club Pokoloco Shaggy Silver Club Pokoloco Shaggy Silver Club Pokoloco Shaggy Silver Club Pokoloco Shaggy Silver Club Pokoloco Shaggy Silver Club Pokoloco Shaggy Silver Club Pokoloco Shaggy Silver Club Pokoloco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AUinAustin View Post
    Where are the lawn darts?
    Back on pg 1, I think.

asshat mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by utee94 View Post
    Children of the 80s can't forget this abomination:

I'll admit, I liked this better than original.
    Last edited by mulletpelini; 04-19-2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: course I'm a yankee, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

asshat Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog's Avatar
    When's Trouble Going To Find Me, I Ain't Hard To Find...

I've got a few specific to NFL football/ Dallas Cowboys for those that grew up in the Metroplex...

The Tom Landry Show where he'd review last weeks game and play/rewind/play/rewind over and over.
    That auto dealership near the Galleria that would always post some smart-assed score prediction. Pretty funny as a kid. Cowboys 34 Iggles 13.
    NFL Review/Preview show with the awesome background music.
    Alcoa presents....Fantastic Finishes.
    Crazy Ray.
    Anyone remember the Cowboy collector cards handed out by the police???

asshat Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76's Avatar

asshat The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster's Avatar
    I used to watch wrasslin from the Dallas sportatorium on tv late night saturdays.

asshat Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76's Avatar

asshat The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster's Avatar
    80s Friendship Bracelets

80s Swatch watches

I had the clear Swatch. Loved that watch.

asshat CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by knoxtnhorn View Post
    I've got a few specific to NFL football/ Dallas Cowboys for those that grew up in the Metroplex...

The Tom Landry Show where he'd review last weeks game and play/rewind/play/rewind over and over.
    That auto dealership near the Galleria that would always post some smart-assed score prediction. Pretty funny as a kid. Cowboys 34 Iggles 13.
    NFL Review/Preview show with the awesome background music.
    Alcoa presents....Fantastic Finishes.
    Crazy Ray.
    Anyone remember the Cowboy collector cards handed out by the police???

Hell yes to everyone of these except for the trading cards. I don't remember those, but the Tom Landry show with the projector and especially "This Week in the NFL" with the badass music. That show was the tits.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast