+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,500 of 2521

Thread: Do You Remember? 60s-80s

asshat Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
    One of my brothers had a portable 8 track player that was stereo, you could separate it into two pieces that had about 8 feet of cable between them. Get your groove on. And then along came the Craig Power Play cassette deck for the car and $#@! got real.

I had more than one Craig car stereo. Pretty good in its day

Quote Originally Posted by Texasbeta View Post
    The one on Mesa up from the Charcoaler and the old drive in movie that showed X rated movies that you could see from the road or the bluff not that I did.
    That's the one.

asshat Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer's Avatar
    That man is richest whose pleasures are the cheapest.
    Man, my older brother had an 8-track recorder. We drove around with all sorts of weird $#@! recorded and played on that continual loop that made us think we were the baddest cats around.

I remember feeling kind of disappointed when tape players with the autoplay feature came out (so you didn't have to flip the cassette when one side was done) because it meant there was nothing special about our 8-track any more.

Damn I'm old. (Though I think I'm gonna put "Point of Know Return" on now, for old time's sake...)

asshat Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus's Avatar
    I remember when the cassette decks came out that would allow you to hit fast-forward and it would automatically stop at the next song.

I was convinced that was some kind of sorcery.

asshat TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    I remember when the cassette decks came out that would allow you to hit fast-forward and it would automatically stop at the next song.

I was convinced that was some kind of sorcery.
    That actually was impressive and worth a paying a few extra bucks for. As opposed to "Auto Reverse", which just moved the head and charged you an extra $50 so you didn't have to flip the damn tape. Which did come in handy when getting your first handy and didn't want to kill the mood while Van Morrison whaled in the background.

Cornin' the duckhole markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil Bang View Post
    I had more than one Craig car stereo. Pretty good in its day
    Craig Powerplay

asshat mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong's Avatar
    yeah well i had this pairing back in the day and i pretty much told everyone to suck it...

Blaupunkt Berlin

Jensen 6x9 Triaxial's

and my home setup

Marantz 4270

i went through a number of speakers but i remember i had these JBL's and Acoustic Research.

Last edited by mileslong; 01-08-2017 at 12:59 PM.

asshat BigDHornFan Shaggy Silver Club BigDHornFan Shaggy Silver Club BigDHornFan Shaggy Silver Club BigDHornFan Shaggy Silver Club BigDHornFan Shaggy Silver Club BigDHornFan Shaggy Silver Club BigDHornFan Shaggy Silver Club BigDHornFan Shaggy Silver Club BigDHornFan Shaggy Silver Club BigDHornFan Shaggy Silver Club BigDHornFan Shaggy Silver Club BigDHornFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    yeah well i had this pairing back in the day and i pretty much told everyone to suck it...

Blaupunkt Berlin

Jensen 6x9 Triaxial's

what the hell were you doing in my '79 Rabbit.

asshat Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus has a gigantic e-peen. Augustus's Avatar

Memory is goofy but seems like Craig Poweplay was the $#@! and then there was the Pioneer Super Tuner. That Blaupunkt $#@!? Digital display? Not in my '70's. Mileslong must be a youngun.

asshat DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO's Avatar
    These were really cool until my big brother figured out he could shoot pennies through them, and they hurt like hell.

asshat mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
    Memory is goofy but seems like Craig Poweplay was the $#@! and then there was the Pioneer Super Tuner. That Blaupunkt $#@!? Digital display? Not in my '70's. Mileslong must be a youngun.
    im not a young man but this is what i had in the 80's, in the late 70's i had a Sanyo 1490a, pretty badass for the time. Pioneer Supertuner was awesome as well...

i was a big time audiophile and a DJ in college and always wanted a McIntosh Tuner but they were too damn expensive...

Last edited by mileslong; 01-08-2017 at 04:28 PM.

asshat OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard's Avatar
    Where the high water mark of the 60's crashed ashore
    im not a young man but this is what i had in the 80's, in the late 70's i had a Sanyo 1490a, pretty badass for the time. Pioneer Supertuner was awesome as well...

i was a big time audiophile and a DJ in college and always wanted a McIntosh Tuner but they were too damn expensive...

Best bar in HS days had twin Mc Intosh amps and 4 Bose 901's in a space not much bigger than a large great room today. I'm pretty sure my hearing and countless brain cells never made it of that bar unscathed. Still the best in my opinion.

asshat Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius's Avatar
    All of the old mall photos remind me of prehistoric video game nirvana:

asshat CoTex Shaggy Bronze Club CoTex Shaggy Bronze Club CoTex Shaggy Bronze Club CoTex Shaggy Bronze Club CoTex Shaggy Bronze Club CoTex Shaggy Bronze Club CoTex Shaggy Bronze Club CoTex Shaggy Bronze Club CoTex Shaggy Bronze Club CoTex Shaggy Bronze Club CoTex Shaggy Bronze Club CoTex's Avatar
    Taco Bell used to make this thing called a bell beefer. Once a week I would go to my grandmothers house so mom could have some alone time (who $#@!ing knows, I'm not asking), and Nannie would walk me over to tb, to slam a bell beefer.

RIP Nannie.

Also, my dad drove one of these.

Car was pretty cool then.

Quote Originally Posted by DougO View Post
    These were really cool until my big brother figured out he could shoot pennies through them, and they hurt like hell.

User photo checks out

asshat OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard's Avatar
    Must have done that little deal 4 or 5 times

Quote Originally Posted by OnBoard View Post
    Must have done that little deal 4 or 5 times
    We'd send it to different names/Suites at our house because we thought we were being clever and avoiding detection.

asshat baboso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? baboso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? baboso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? baboso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? baboso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? baboso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? baboso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? baboso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? baboso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? baboso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? baboso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? baboso's Avatar
    Christ, you don't need a quadrophonic Blaupunkt! What you need is a curveball!

Cornin' the duckhole markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco Probably Shaggy upper class markstanco's Avatar
    My stereo system in the 80's:

Two of these:

Two of these:

You folks must have all missed the revolution:

Last edited by HerzTX87; 01-09-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skipperj View Post
    We'd send it to different names/Suites at our house because we thought we were being clever and avoiding detection.
    Our dog was a huuuuuge record collector….

asshat The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster's Avatar
    Remember mom using the dexatrim and tab concoction.

asshat rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markstanco View Post
    My stereo system in the 80's:

Two of these:

Two of these:

man, those are some good memories. I had the 45 and the 150:

Two Cerwin Vega 12s

a/d/s mids

Boston Acoustics in the front

Aiwa deck that looked a lot like this

asshat Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DougO View Post

We'd have epic battles with those at our Aunt's house in San Antonio. She was still finding disks twenty years after the final shots were fired.

lots of things that could put your eye out back then, good times...

asshat judge roybeanbag Shaggy Platinum judge roybeanbag Shaggy Platinum judge roybeanbag Shaggy Platinum judge roybeanbag Shaggy Platinum judge roybeanbag Shaggy Platinum judge roybeanbag Shaggy Platinum judge roybeanbag Shaggy Platinum judge roybeanbag Shaggy Platinum judge roybeanbag Shaggy Platinum judge roybeanbag Shaggy Platinum judge roybeanbag Shaggy Platinum judge roybeanbag's Avatar
    Those things would also bust christmas ornaments. Found that out the hard way.

Scored an Oilers pencil out of one of these in 4th grade

asshat Monty86 Shaggy Bronze Club Monty86 Shaggy Bronze Club Monty86 Shaggy Bronze Club Monty86 Shaggy Bronze Club Monty86 Shaggy Bronze Club Monty86 Shaggy Bronze Club Monty86 Shaggy Bronze Club Monty86 Shaggy Bronze Club Monty86 Shaggy Bronze Club Monty86 Shaggy Bronze Club Monty86 Shaggy Bronze Club
    In the heart of (what's left of) the Lost Pines

Quote Originally Posted by Texasbeta View Post
    The one on Mesa up from the Charcoaler and the old drive in movie that showed X rated movies that you could see from the road or the bluff not that I did.
    Welp. RIP Charcoaler.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/story/new...stry/96410630/

Quote Originally Posted by rage-a-holic View Post

Two Cerwin Vega 12s

a/d/s mids

The 150 was LOUD.

We had "that one kid" with a Mazda b2200 with a camper shell that had 6 12s and a Mosfet 650 (or 600?) And two 150s for mids and highs. Competitions of course.

Quote Originally Posted by skipperj View Post
    Yeah. I saw that today. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by CoTex View Post
    Also, my dad drove one of these.

Car was pretty cool then.
    I owned an MG. You know the saying. Every part that fell off of that car was of the finest British craftsmanship. Loved driving it, but couldn't keep it running.

Still have these and others in my attic:

bunghole OWLVIS might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OWLVIS might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OWLVIS might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OWLVIS might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OWLVIS might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OWLVIS might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OWLVIS might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OWLVIS might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OWLVIS might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OWLVIS might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OWLVIS might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OWLVIS's Avatar

asshat BoogityBoy might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BoogityBoy might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BoogityBoy might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BoogityBoy might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BoogityBoy might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BoogityBoy might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BoogityBoy might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BoogityBoy might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BoogityBoy might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BoogityBoy might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BoogityBoy might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BoogityBoy's Avatar

My high school graduation gift. Got busted by Dobie cops once in the garage schtooping a Kappa in the passenger seat.
    Last edited by BoogityBoy; 01-12-2017 at 02:26 AM.

asshat RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM's Avatar
    If you didn't buying your stereo stuff here, you weren't doing it right.

^^^^^ damn straight

Quote Originally Posted by BoogityBoy View Post

My high school graduation gift. Got busted by Dobie cops once in the garage schtooping a Kappa in the passenger seat.
    User name checks out.

asshat rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RPM View Post
    If you didn't buying your stereo stuff here, you weren't doing it right.

fify

Quote Originally Posted by BoogityBoy View Post

That was a seriously badass graduation gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty86 View Post
    Hell yes.

Shaggy Goon MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction's Avatar
    My very first album.

May explain why I love the Sistah's so much.

This was my next one purchased with lawn mowing money

My Baptist Grandmother lost her $#@! when she saw this in my room. Told me I was a blasphemer and going to hell.

asshat BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-a-holic View Post

Two Cerwin Vega 12s

a/d/s mids

I worked in Car Stereo in HS at the end of high school.

My set up was DAMN similar. I had custom made boxes behind the seats of my MR2 that ran from the roof to underneath the seat with 2 CW AT 12s. Dual single channel Rock Foss 150 running at 2 ohms.

My deck was:

Hit 138 Db in measured car stereo completion.

To watch the reaction of Mazda pickups loaded with $#@!ty set up 4 or 6 x 18" subs was $#@!ing allsome.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast