+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 694 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Recruiting Notes: 2017 Edition

Banned HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Message Board User View Post
    How is this kid only 14 years old? Or 13?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n-Moses-142732
    Slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by bigup2dahorns View Post
    Texas offers Denton Guyer QB Shawn Robinson
    This is the guy to watch. If we get him, no QB in the 2016 class will ever see the field. Supposedly, him and Jerrod Heard are close and talk all the time, lets build that Denton Guyer pipeline.

asshat thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop's Avatar
    Yes Robinson love Texas and no other school even comes close. Problem is, he won't be signing until Feb. 2017.

asshat Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill's Avatar
    So how do we know Robinson is going to be the $#@!?

Quote Originally Posted by Hank_Hill View Post

asshat BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar88 View Post
    This is the guy to watch. If we get him, no QB in the 2016 class will ever see the field. Supposedly, him and Jerrod Heard are close and talk all the time, lets build that Denton Guyer pipeline.
    Hopefully the Guyer pipeline works out better than Desoto has.

asshat BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White's Avatar
    Dude has ton of potential, on a bad team in the FWISD, Chisholm Trail(3-7), he had these stats:

Passing: 1123 yards, 11 touchdowns, 7 interceptions
    Rushing: 624 yards, 6 touchdowns

As a sophomore to be he:

Beat out a senior to be David Haynes, who backed up Heard the past two years.
    Beat out Kevin Dillman, who transferred into Guyer from California. http://247sports.com/Player/Kevin-Dillman-20292
    Beat out David Moore, who transferred from Prosper to Guyer then back to Prosper.

asshat Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BurntOrange&White View Post
    Dude has ton of potential, on a bad team in the FWISD, Chisholm Trail(3-7), he had these stats:

As a sophomore to be he:

Beat out Kevin Dillman, who transferred into Guyer from California. http://247sports.com/Player/Kevin-Dillman-20292
    Beat out David Moore, who transferred from Prosper to Guyer then back to Prosper.
    This kids going to be the $#@!

asshat satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash's Avatar

From HornsDigest

2017 QB TALKS UT OFFER

Class of 2017 quarterback Shawn Robinson (Denton, Texas/Guyer) can normally talk with the best of them.

But that wasn’t the case Monday afternoon when he informed HD that he has been offered by the Longhorns. For once, he was speechless. “[Texas quarterbacks coach] Shawn Watson called my coach and told him they offered,” he said. “I was just surprised. I didn’t believe it at first. I didn’t think I was going to get an offer this soon. I couldn’t even talk.” The Longhorns join Nebraska as the only schools to offer him. But that list will grow substantially over the next few seasons as he’s one of the best quarterbacks in his class. “It means a lot. It definitely means lot. It means a lot,” Robinson said. “When I say ‘A lot’ it’s at the top. Let me finds the words. It’s hard to explain. It was very important to me to get that offer. Texas is Texas. Everyone wants to go to Texas.” The offer means so much that he has Texas listed as his No. 1 school right now. Robinson might be young but he’s been on the radar of Texas’ coaching staff for a long time. Defensive line coach Chris Rumph and Watson have both already been out to see him in person. “Coach Rumph came down first and talked to me,” Robinson said. “He said not to worry about the college stuff right now. And that really meant a lot because most college coaches don’t say that to me. Then Coach Watson came down and watched me practice, and said the same thing. That just showed that they care about me and want me to succeed in everything I do.” It is that type of interaction that really has Robinson intrigued by Texas. “The coaches. Definitely the coaches,” Robinson replied when asked what stands out to him the most about UT. “The staff shows me a lot of love. I have great relationships with all of them. They really changed my perspective with everything. They wow’d me with everything.” Just how good is Robinson? He’ll begin the season as the starter for Guyer ahead of 2015 Nebraska commitment Kevin Dillman. He knows, though, that offers like the one he just picked up will only lead to a bigger target on his back. And it’s already huge given that he’ll take the reigns from Longhorns freshman quarterback Jerrod Heard, who led Guyer to consecutive state titles. “I just have to rely on my teammates and work every day,” he said. “I have to think about all those that want to see me fail. They want to see me not succeed. I have to use that as fuel. I haven’t done anything yet. “I thought that would be down the road. I just know I have to keep working and stay humble.”

bunghole campcrunk can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. campcrunk can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. campcrunk can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. campcrunk can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. campcrunk can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. campcrunk can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. campcrunk can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. campcrunk can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. campcrunk can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. campcrunk can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. campcrunk can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. campcrunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BurntOrange&White View Post

As a sophomore to be he:

Freshman year HUDL footage: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2280789/highlights/38242397

Not deluded enough to think I'm remotely on the level with some of the X's and O's/scouting gurus on the Shag, but here's my very amateur take.

As the video goes on, you can see the strides he made as a passer (assuming the footage is in chronological order). When it starts out, it's pretty much all designed QB runs or various forms of the option, but you can definitely see him get more comfortable and confident with the passing game as the footage progresses. Even some footage of returning a pick 6. forcing a fumble, and making a TFL as a safety in there (thank God Mack Brown isn't the one evaluating this kid. I think we can all guess how that would've ended up...).

Not a huge fan of offering 14-15 year olds, especially at QB, but this kid looks like absolute take - obvious running & improvisation ability is obvious (especially in handling some of the god awful snaps his center lobs at him and into the dirt); the listed 4.6 40 time looks accurate, but man, can he change directions on a dime and break tackles in the open field - and if he keeps improving as a passer, look out. If he was good enough to beat out Dillman, who is year oider and, IIRC, was one of our top targets at one point, then I'm even more impressed.

Anyway, watch the play that starts at 14:20. I think that sums up what he can do consistently after he's gone through some more development and coaching pretty nicely.

Also, looks like we're the team to beat right now, with Ohio State on the outside looking in.

asshat Mitch Cumsteen Probably Shaggy upper class Mitch Cumsteen Probably Shaggy upper class Mitch Cumsteen Probably Shaggy upper class Mitch Cumsteen Probably Shaggy upper class Mitch Cumsteen Probably Shaggy upper class Mitch Cumsteen Probably Shaggy upper class Mitch Cumsteen Probably Shaggy upper class Mitch Cumsteen Probably Shaggy upper class Mitch Cumsteen Probably Shaggy upper class Mitch Cumsteen Probably Shaggy upper class Mitch Cumsteen Probably Shaggy upper class Mitch Cumsteen's Avatar
    All I got out of that update is that Denton Guyer has a deeper and better QB rotation than we do. Thanks, Mack!

Well his high school team looks as bad as advertised. But if Swoopes had these type of highlights on his awful team I'm sure most people wouldn't have been so down on him. Kid looks like he is going to be a good one, and sounds like he is pretty much a lock to be a horn.

Stat Adjuster Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vjburnette View Post
    lulz

Fort Worth football. Worse than Austin.

asshat UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch $#@!steen View Post
    All I got out of that update is that Denton Guyer has a deeper and better QB rotation than we do. Thanks, Mack!
    Sucks for Dillman who transferred from CA there, and then got beat out by a Soph.

Greatness

Quote Originally Posted by UTPhil2006 View Post
    Sucks for Dillman who transferred from CA there, and then got beat out by a Soph.
    Yea that is odd, but did Denton have 3 QBs transfer in and compete for the job? At least Dillman has his scholarship offer already, but I have to imagine there is another transfer in his future.

asshat victory88 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? victory88 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? victory88 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? victory88 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? victory88 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? victory88 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? victory88 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? victory88 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? victory88 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? victory88 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? victory88 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? victory88's Avatar
    Denton Guyer:
    JW Walsh
    Jerrod Heard
    Shawn Robinson

Mack Brown:
    Garrett Gilbert
    Connor Wood
    Case McCoy
    Tyrone Swoopes
    David Ash
    Connor Brewer

Besides Ash... The rest were all busts. Denton looks to have 3 D-I starters in a row.

Ewige Blumenkraft misterloki Shaggy Bronze Club misterloki Shaggy Bronze Club misterloki Shaggy Bronze Club misterloki Shaggy Bronze Club misterloki Shaggy Bronze Club misterloki Shaggy Bronze Club misterloki Shaggy Bronze Club misterloki Shaggy Bronze Club misterloki Shaggy Bronze Club misterloki Shaggy Bronze Club misterloki Shaggy Bronze Club misterloki's Avatar
    I laughed, then considered having a drink.

Warning: the first 2 minutes of footage has been known to cause seizures.

asshat Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by victory88 View Post
    Denton Guyer:
    JW Walsh
    Jerrod Heard
    Shawn Robinson

Mack Brown:
    Garrett Gilbert
    Connor Wood
    Case McCoy
    Tyrone Swoopes
    David Ash
    Connor Brewer

Besides Ash... The rest were all busts. Denton looks to have 3 D-I starters in a row.
    tough to be a bust when you were a never has been. like case, wood, and even swoopes' stock took a nosedive during his senior season.

asshat MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neverwenttoUT View Post
    Well his high school team looks as bad as advertised. But if Swoopes had these type of highlights on his awful team I'm sure most people wouldn't have been so down on him. Kid looks like he is going to be a good one, and sounds like he is pretty much a lock to be a horn.
    Yeah, especially considering the fact that his team is entirely made up of 8th graders.

Those are all his middle school highlights, no HS highlights on his page.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHelobious View Post
    Yeah, especially considering the fact that his team is entirely made up of 8th graders.

Those are all his middle school highlights, no HS highlights on his page.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by neverwenttoUT View Post
    Yea that is odd, but did Denton have 3 QBs transfer in and compete for the job? At least Dillman has his scholarship offer already, but I have to imagine there is another transfer in his future.
    Does anyone have reading comprehension. Post 57
    Last edited by BurntOrange&White; 07-30-2014 at 03:03 AM.

Those are 8th grade highlights which is likely at Gene Pike judging by colors. Chisholm Trail HS colors are purple and gold. Here is a photo of him from FW Star Telegram at the HS

Last edited by BurntOrange&White; 07-30-2014 at 03:13 AM.

Really hard to wrap my mind around or even get behind 2017 recruiting. We have 3 complete football seasons before these kids will even set foot on campus.

asshat UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Silver Club UTPhil2006's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brojangles View Post
    Really hard to wrap my mind around or even get behind 2017 recruiting. We have 3 complete football seasons before these kids will even set foot on campus.
    It's the name of the game nowadays. Gotta offer early to stick out. Hell, 2017 Dylan Moses is COMMITTED to LSU.

Basketball has been doing it for years, just now catching up to football.

asshat bad_teammate Shaggy Gold Club bad_teammate Shaggy Gold Club bad_teammate Shaggy Gold Club bad_teammate Shaggy Gold Club bad_teammate Shaggy Gold Club bad_teammate Shaggy Gold Club bad_teammate Shaggy Gold Club bad_teammate Shaggy Gold Club bad_teammate Shaggy Gold Club bad_teammate Shaggy Gold Club bad_teammate Shaggy Gold Club bad_teammate's Avatar
    There are definitely some elite kids that are worth keeping an eye on or even offering. Why not?

It's the name of the game nowadays. Gotta offer early to stick out. Hell, 2017 Dylan Moses is COMMITTED to LSU.

Basketball has been doing it for years, just now catching up to football.
    I know what you're saying but its much easier to evaluate talent years out in basketball than football.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonevo8 View Post
    I know what you're saying but its much easier to evaluate talent years out in basketball than football.
    This. If you look at the top 10 of a basketball recruiting list, 5-6 of those guys are in the top 10 of the NBA draft just a year later. Just much easier to project given that AAU has leveled the playing field for most kids.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonevo8 View Post
    Agreed. I meant moreso coaches trying to beat other coaches to the punch by offering early to stick out in the recruits mind.

asshat Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death's Avatar
    Agreed. I meant moreso coaches trying to beat other coaches to the punch by offering early to stick out in the recruits mind.
    but coaches are hedging these early offers by having some be 'non-commitable'. then, if the recruit develops over the next couple of years, it becomes committable.

asshat Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer's Avatar
    That man is richest whose pleasures are the cheapest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
    but coaches are hedging these early offers by having some be 'non-commitable'. then, if the recruit develops over the next couple of years, it becomes committable.
    If I'm a kid who hears a slick line like that, I'm telling that coach to stick it. Either offer me, or don't. "Non-commitable" is not an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Walden Ponderer View Post
    If I'm a kid who hears a slick line like that, I'm telling that coach to stick it. Either offer me, or don't. "Non-commitable" is not an offer.
    But your not going to. Given some of these kids circumstances they hear they have an offer and their ecstatic. They go along with the recruiting game until it comes to the end and he wants to commit and they coach then says it's not commitable. They go on unknowingly

asshat bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns's Avatar
    Denton Guyer QB Shawn Robinson picks up offer from Ole Miss, his 3rd offer

asshat theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigup2dahorns View Post
    Denton Guyer QB Shawn Robinson picks up offer from Ole Miss, his 3rd offer
    We were his first offer, yes? Hopefully with us taking Heard he'll be looking out for us.

asshat satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash's Avatar

Offer out to 2017 ILB Anthony Hines. Currently committed to Mississippi St. Already has 54 offers. Was in town for WVU. From HornsDigest:

ANTHONY HINES AND FATHER ENJOY LONGHORNS

Anthony Hines is one of the top rising high school football players in the country. The 2017 standout outside linebacker has been committed to Mississippi State since October of 2014, but he is still keeping his options open.

Anthony Hines checks in from Plano (TX) Plano East Senior at 6-foot-2, 220-pounds. The four-star linebacker unofficially visited Texas this weekend with his father and both men liked what they saw form the Longhorns.

"The stadium was gigantic, and the crowd easily filled up to the max capacity within ten minutes, that was astounding," Hines said. "My dad was very impressed as well! Texas played extremely well, and the linebacker play was impressive. It was a great win against a top 25 team. I got there late, so everyone was kind of isolated, so I didn't get the opportunity to talk to any recruits. I spoke with Coach [Vance] Bedford, and he told me that they wanted me to be a Longhorn and that he knew I would be a future Longhorn. He said he was going to make personally sure that I sign with them. I also briefly spoke with coach [Chris] Rumph about my season. I spoke with him about what my role would be in the Longhorn defensive system."

Hines has offers from seemingly every major program in America. West Virginia, Washington State, Wake Forest, UCLA, Texas A&M, Tennessee, TCU, South Carolina, Penn State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, LSU, Louisville and Texas are but a few who have extended a verbal offer to the 2017 star linebacker.

Hines has visited numerous schools including South Carolina, North Carolina State, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Tennessee, Ohio State, Texas and Michigan with more trips on the way. Distance should not be a factor for the Hines family. Hines is planning on majoring in business and education will be the number one factor he will use in determining his college destination.
    Freshman year highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2459582/...ghts/100008381
    Last edited by satyanash; 11-10-2014 at 04:21 PM.

asshat JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club
    Quote Originally Posted by satyanash View Post
    Offer out to 2017 ILB Anthony Hines. Currently committed to Mississippi St. Already has 54 offers. Was in town for WVU. From HornsDigest:

Hard to even care about this kind of stuff when it will be about 5 years before this guy even has a chance to make an impact at the college level.

Stat Adjuster Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by satyanash View Post

You should have started the bold font with the info about majoring in business. Rightly or wrongly when it comes to undergrad we are highly ranked in business, right?

asshat theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    You should have started the bold font with the info about majoring in business. Rightly or wrongly when it comes to undergrad we are highly ranked in business, right?
    Number 1 accounting program in the country.

Lulz at max capacity in 10 minutes. Also, education number one factor and committed to MSU?

Burnt Orange Weenie BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange's Avatar
    Lulz at max capacity in 10 minutes. Also, education number one factor and committed to MSU?
    yeah that stuck out to me as well.

asshat Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian's Avatar
    I feel old.

This guy was either born in 1998 or 1999

bunghole budabubba grows his own roses budabubba grows his own roses budabubba grows his own roses budabubba grows his own roses budabubba grows his own roses budabubba grows his own roses budabubba grows his own roses budabubba grows his own roses budabubba grows his own roses budabubba grows his own roses budabubba grows his own roses budabubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xian View Post
    I feel old.
    This thread is time-warped.

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    yeah that stuck out to me as well.
    Meh, he committed to them in October of his freshman year of high school. At that age any place that has the word University in it seems like a good education.

Kennedale LB Baron Browning
    @baronbrwnng
    People sleep on UT����

@baronbrwnng
    UT vs TCU I'll be there��

http://247sports.com/Player/Baron-Browning-68811
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2510669/...ghts/128082376

Kennendale ILB Baron Browning just named a top 3 of Arkansas, Baylor, and Texas in no particular order: http://texas.247sports.com/Bolt/No-1...three-33011050

He has offers from Arky and Baylor, but not from us. Currently not playing due to a torn labrum, but he's the highest rated middle linebacker by 247 of the 2017 class (although to be fair, they've only rated three 2017 guys so far).

Backlash from the Chason Virgil situation:

Anthony Hines III @2017D1Prospect: After speaking with my parents and coaches, I have decided to de-commit from Mississippi State and open up my recruitment.

http://247sports.com/Player/Anthony-Hines-31715
    Texas offered earlier this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Needs More Bourbon View Post

Anthony Hines III @2017D1Prospect: After speaking with my parents and coaches, I have decided to de-commit from Mississippi State and open up my recruitment.

Excellent.

asshat HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Needs More Bourbon View Post

This $#@! gone get good.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 694 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast