+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 702 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 507 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Recruiting Notes: 2017 Edition

asshat JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club JoeyCovers Shaggy Bronze Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruh Man View Post
    how can these kids in florida have offers before jk dobbins? it doesn't make sense.
    Mack Brown isnt the HC is how

Quote Originally Posted by danger_snax_ View Post
    Hope he gets told to not run his mouth like that again, but this kid is indeed impressive
    40 to 2 - TD to INT

He seems really composed, on top of all the talent and world-beating stats. Just has that relaxed, confident baller personality. Extremely comfortable looking before the snap and when the play gets going.

You're right - that's tiny school football (2A formerly 1A) and it looks like his team has a couple of guys who could compete at higher levels of high school ball. His WRs get really open for him.

asshat AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lark 47 View Post
    40 to 2 - TD to INT
    Yes and and the competition Robinson faces every week is much much better. Why pop off about a player in a higher class that's clear across the state? Best just worry about yourself.

His tweet sounds like something a 16-year-old would say.

Lets just hope his team was better than 1-9..

Quote Originally Posted by AbeFroman View Post
    Yes and and the competition Robinson faces every week is much much better. Why pop off about a player in a higher class that's clear across the state? Best just worry about yourself.
    I agree with you that keeping one's head down and not talking needless $#@! is the right way to go, but it doesn't bother me if he talks like that. If the QB at Texas is publicly running his mouth and creating drama/conflict, I would not be a fan of that.

Unless he represents an institution I care about, I don't care about what he says on twitter unless it's violent or actually offensive. I don't think anyone would refute that Robinson faces much tougher competition.

The 40 TD -2 INT is impressive. I wanted people to see it in case they didn't follow the link. It's impressive against 2A or against tackling dummies.

Dream scenario as Satyanash stated above - Robinson commits as QB1, this guy or someone with comparable skills is recruited as QB2 or athlete.

Bingo bango. Dream would be this kid w Robinson, especially w his smack, ha!

40-2 # is showing a real mastery, don't care for the class of competition one bit

bunghole ATX_Horn grows his own roses ATX_Horn grows his own roses ATX_Horn grows his own roses ATX_Horn grows his own roses ATX_Horn grows his own roses ATX_Horn grows his own roses ATX_Horn grows his own roses ATX_Horn grows his own roses ATX_Horn grows his own roses ATX_Horn grows his own roses ATX_Horn grows his own roses ATX_Horn's Avatar
    Dream scenario as Satyanash stated above - Robinson commits as QB1, this guy or someone with comparable skills is recruited as QB2 or athlete.

asshat Bruh Man Shaggy Bronze Club Bruh Man Shaggy Bronze Club Bruh Man Shaggy Bronze Club Bruh Man Shaggy Bronze Club Bruh Man Shaggy Bronze Club Bruh Man Shaggy Bronze Club Bruh Man Shaggy Bronze Club Bruh Man Shaggy Bronze Club Bruh Man Shaggy Bronze Club Bruh Man Shaggy Bronze Club Bruh Man Shaggy Bronze Club Bruh Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCovers View Post
    Mack Brown isnt the HC is how
    that makes no god damn sense. JK Dobbins isn't some centex kid who comes from a good family. he's a stud who plays aggressively and has position flex. he's charlie strong thru n thru.

Plus he wrote Harry Potter

Mothertrucker did write harry potter

Dobbins is a bona fide badass. Just now watched his sophomore highlights. He reminds me of a new generation Diggs given his tenacity and size. Only complaint was that he was run down in several of those highlights, which calls into question his top end speed (a nit picky little complaint, admittedly). Other than that, he plays full speed all the time, really sweet lateral quickness, plays tough on offense and defense. Obviously fearless given his willingness to go to the air as a defender.

asshat coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruh Man View Post
    that makes no god damn sense. JK Dobbins isn't some centex kid who comes from a good family. he's a stud who plays aggressively and has position flex. he's charlie strong thru n thru.
    I think the staff is working on the fla offers first because its out of state the in state kids can be seen often and any time out of state takes a little more planning

I loathe to agree with Bruh Man, but Dobbins should have an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by coach pop a bitch View Post
    I think the staff is working on the fla offers first because its out of state the in state kids can be seen often and any time out of state takes a little more planning
    You offer a bunch of out of state kids first, and the in-state ones get offended. These are teenagers, they catch feelings, look at Kam Martin.

asshat coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar88 View Post
    I loathe to agree with Bruh Man, but Dobbins should have an offer.

You offer a bunch of out of state kids first, and the in-state ones get offended. These are teenagers, they catch feelings, look at Kam Martin.
    Yeah but Kam is still on the nuts. That being said there are some kids that need to be offered. Have they offered T.Carter.
    Last edited by coach pop a bitch; 05-21-2015 at 11:06 PM.

asshat Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz's Avatar
    The Kam Martin that we'll likely end up flipping from Baylor?

Quote Originally Posted by Schulz View Post
    The Kam Martin that we'll likely end up flipping from Baylor?
    Probably, but we made it way harder than it had to be.

People complained last year when we didn't offer Lockhart if this staff don't offer its cuz they don't want to. They know what they're doing. They ain't trying to please in state kids thought last year taught us that

People complained last year when we didn't offer Lockhart if this staff don't offer its cuz they don't want to. They know what they're doing. They ain't trying to please in state kids thought last year taught us that
    Staff never wanted Lockhart at any point, not really a good comparison. I guarantee you Dobbins is going to get an offer and will be pursued heavily eventually just like Martin did.
    Last edited by Lonestar88; 05-22-2015 at 12:02 AM.

asshat theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon's Avatar
    He had an offer. He was offered both by Brown and Strong. His pussy was hurt cause we weren't recruiting him to a level of his satisfaction. Cause we were after lower ranked guys.

Pretty sure there were rumors he's was trying to come here when they were on shaky ground with Murray and Mack.

Banned Tx2DaBone Tx2DaBone Tx2DaBone Tx2DaBone Tx2DaBone Tx2DaBone Tx2DaBone Tx2DaBone Tx2DaBone Tx2DaBone Tx2DaBone
    Dobbins is a bona fide badass. Just now watched his sophomore highlights. He reminds me of a new generation Diggs given his tenacity and size. Only complaint was that he was run down in several of those highlights, which calls into question his top end speed (a nit picky little complaint, admittedly). Other than that, he plays full speed all the time, really sweet lateral quickness, plays tough on offense and defense. Obviously fearless given his willingness to go to the air as a defender.
    10.7 FAT 100 meters is pretty damn good top end speed.

Staff never wanted Lockhart at any point, not really a good comparison. I guarantee you Dobbins is going to get an offer and will be pursued heavily eventually just like Martin did.
    What I'm trying to say is the staff isn't worried about these kids egos. We see kids and want them i think Dobbins is damn good but the staff ain't worried about licking pussy they trying to $#@! $#@! up

What I'm trying to say is the staff isn't worried about these kids egos. We see kids and want them i think Dobbins is damn good but the staff ain't worried about licking pussy they trying to $#@! $#@! up
    That's a cool stance to take, but it's unrealistic. All these coaches feed into egos, it's the only way to recruit. You build up that ego recruiting them but then tear it down after they sign.

Quote Originally Posted by theaveragejon View Post
    He had an offer. He was offered both by Brown and Strong. His pussy was hurt cause we weren't recruiting him to a level of his satisfaction. Cause we were after lower ranked guys.

Pretty sure there were rumors he's was trying to come here when they were on shaky ground with Murray and Mack.
    You are right. Didn't he get upset cuz the staff was recruiting Charles hard. I do remember hearing he contacted the staff towards the end of the recruiting season

asshat SportsFan52 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SportsFan52 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SportsFan52 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SportsFan52 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SportsFan52 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SportsFan52 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SportsFan52 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SportsFan52 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SportsFan52 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SportsFan52 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SportsFan52 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    The coaches will always see and know more than we will. Maybe there's a personality or qualification issue. Why chase somebody who doesn't fit? Stars?
    Last edited by SportsFan52; 05-22-2015 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Not sure how I graduated with that grammar...

asshat Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz probably preboards planes Schulz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theaveragejon View Post

Mack offered, Strong never did.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan52 View Post
    The coaches will always see and know more than we will. Maybe there's a personality or qualification issue. Why chase somebody who doesn't fit? Stars?
    I'll give you that, there could always be a wild card issue. Dee Anderson just got kicked off his team and most people didn't see that coming.

It appears that we are more selective with our RB/QB offers than we used to be. We just aren't going to jump on 1 guy early and pray. We are going to evaluate the position as a whole and make an educated offers. Especially considering the hauls we took in 2015 and will take in 2016. I understand he is a 5 star and we all want to offer but if the kid is so turned off by not being offered early I feel he doesn't have the personality to fit into Charlie's program. Also this could make the kid work harder as he grows in HS and into the college ranks if he chooses us.

247-Texas continued its streak of offering top 2017 in-state prospects late Thursday night as the Longhorns put an offer on the table for Waco La Vega tight end Kedrick James.

A four-star prospect, James is ranked as the No. 2 tight end in the country and No. 17 overall recruit in the state, according to 247Sports Composite.

James also holds offers from Miami, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and a number of other major programs. James reportedly has strong interest in Arkansas, Baylor and Michigan.

The 6-foot-4, 245-pounder was a first team all-district selection as a sophomore. He is teammates with 2016 Texas target and three-star cornerback Parrish Cobb.

James is the second tight end Texas has offered in the 2017 class, joining Cy-Fairís Brock Wright.

We offered Toneil Carter today

Not the kid you lobbied for but a damn good one. Which do u prefer between him and JK?

Not the kid you lobbied for but a damn good one. Which do u prefer between him and JK?
    I like Dobbins because of his versatility, but it's splitting hairs, both of these guys are really really good.

asshat Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn.
    Carter is better, but we still need to offer Dobbins

asshat Mod grows his own roses Mod grows his own roses Mod grows his own roses Mod grows his own roses Mod grows his own roses Mod grows his own roses Mod grows his own roses Mod grows his own roses Mod grows his own roses Mod grows his own roses Mod grows his own roses Mod's Avatar
    Just watched film on both and much prefer Carter.

asshat Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death's Avatar
    Heard he's a package deal with the captain

asshat Spawn of Cthulhu Shaggy Silver Club Spawn of Cthulhu Shaggy Silver Club Spawn of Cthulhu Shaggy Silver Club Spawn of Cthulhu Shaggy Silver Club Spawn of Cthulhu Shaggy Silver Club Spawn of Cthulhu Shaggy Silver Club Spawn of Cthulhu Shaggy Silver Club Spawn of Cthulhu Shaggy Silver Club Spawn of Cthulhu Shaggy Silver Club Spawn of Cthulhu Shaggy Silver Club Spawn of Cthulhu Shaggy Silver Club Spawn of Cthulhu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorTexasFan View Post

Can't believe you got the author mixed up with one of her characters. Better stay off the GOT Bookfags thread.

asshat maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack's Avatar
    Love the offer to Carter. Reminds me of Malcolm Brown coming out of HS.

asshat Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer's Avatar
    That man is richest whose pleasures are the cheapest.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorTexasFan View Post
    Harry Potter was a jerk - J.K. Rowling wrote Harry Potter, but the arrogant bastard never wrote her back.

Meanwhile, I'd be good with either Dobbins or Carter, and I also am not even one tiny bit concerned with how quickly or slowly offers go out. Unlike the old regime, Strong's staff actually does evaluations before making offers.

asshat RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy's Avatar
    quotes from Carter on offer via IT

"Man, I'm so happy," said Carter. "I've wanted this for a long time. UT is a school I've always been interested in and will continue to be. I really appreciate the offer from coach Strong."

asshat bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club
    ive watched carters hudl tape a few times and I still can't believe the burst he has. For all that's holy please get him and Robinson on board runnin up tempo zone read along with all the wr talent we pulled lately. Geeeeez

asshat Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Nope is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn.
    Quote Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
    Love the offer to Carter. Reminds me of Malcolm Brown coming out of HS.
    He's faster than MB though. IMO he might end up being what MB was expected to be in college.

asshat tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer's Avatar
    2017 DT Marvin Wilson may or may not have committed to USCw. Seems like hes playing around though. $#@! if I know.
    https://twitter.com/my_moment83/stat...17836498849792
    Last edited by tittiesandbeer; 05-24-2015 at 07:58 PM.

asshat satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash's Avatar
    DT Bravvion Roy named Baylor and Missouri as his leaders. LSU is in the thick of things as well.

BAYLOR LEADS, BUT LSU IN ON TEXAS DT
    Ahmard Vital
    Midlands Recruiting

There has been a run on defensive tackles as of late, and one of the top guys still available in Texas is Spring, Texas defender Bravvion Roy. With double-digit offers in hand, Roy has somewhat narrowed his focus to three programs. Even though he is open to the idea that a school or two could get added into the rotation. He came out and said he has a clear-cut No. 1, but a recent offer has him equally excited. The player being spoke of in none other than four-star defensive tackle from Spring (Texas) Bravvion Roy. This off season has been pretty solid for Roy, picking up recent offers from Boise State and Indiana. But it was the last week offer that has him excited.

“The LSU offer was a big one. It’s a dream school of mine and I have been following the program since I was young,” Roy said. “All of my family is from Louisiana.” For the 6-foot-2, 315-pound Roy, the Tigers now enter into that top list that he spoke of in the last Scout.com update with Baylor and Missouri. Of course, still, it’s the Big 12 Champion Bears that have the edge as of now, but Roy is not closing any doors.

BRAVVION ROY
    Spring HS / 6'2" / 300 lbs
    POSITION - DT
    DT RANK - 16
    OFFERS - 12

Analysis - Most defensive tackles that you watch tape on do not make the number of plays that you see Roy make. Plays d-end in a 3-4 scheme and he always seems to be pushing the action and making something happen. He has nice size and power and moves extremely well for a guy who is at or over 300 pounds. Has a pretty good first step and can shoot the gaps. Has the size and strength to split double teams and can hold ground while finding the ball. - GP
    And just as he impressed the LSU coaches last week, it could happen again this summer or next season. “LSU talked to me on the phone and said they were sending a coach to see me at practice. I had a great day of practice,” Roy said. “Later that night, I had an offer. It felt really good too.” Roy continued. “But Baylor is still my No. 1. So now I have a Top 3 with LSU, Baylor and Missouri.

He said that the communications between him and the Baylor staff is and always has been great, especially with his primary recruiter in assistant coach Chris Achuff. He said that was down not long ago checking in on practice and the two of them spoke later that night.

An interesting question was posed to Roy during the talk. “We (he and Achuff) got to talking and discussed what would I do if I were to go to Baylor? I love everything about the program so I think that’s a good fit for me,” Roy said. “But coach told me that I could be the guy to replace Andrew Billings. That sounded good to me, and it’s a spot I’d like to replace.” With Missouri, Roy said that the coaches came down as well and that he would like to make a trip this summer and “take in the atmosphere” of the campus and everything around it. There will be a couple of spots that Roy will look to make this summer. “I think that right now I am pretty set with my Top 3. I want to visit Missouri, check out LSU and probably make another trip to Baylor,” Roy said. “Oh and I will probably go to Texas too. Coach was down recently and watched me practice. He asked me and one of our cornerbacks to come to Austin for a camp. We both are looking to make that trip.”

Last season, Roy finished with 98 tackles and seven sacks. He is known for having great feet for his size and bullish strength at the point of attack. When he is able to get that first step against an offensive lineman, he is tough to stop once he makes his move.

asshat satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash's Avatar
    Wrong thread my bad

asshat tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer Shaggy Bronze Club tittiesandbeer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Needs More Bourbon View Post
    What'd it say?
    its a video. He says Im a USC committ. Then his friend said you heard it here first 2017 Marvin Wilson to USC. It seems like a joke though.

Update from SoonersIllustrated on ATH J.K. Dobbins. Note that we're his dream school, but not showing too much interest at the moment.

The Sooners are still in the thick of trying to find that 2016 running back, but OU is in a great position right now with its only 2017 running back offer. LaGrange (Texas) High four-star back J.K. Dobbins was offered by the Sooners at the spring game last month. He has made a lot of trips since that occasion, including to schools Texas A&M, TCU and Texas. But asked about his favorite one, and Dobbins didn’t back down. “It was my favorite trip,” Dobbins said. “The coaches – I like them a lot. The facilities are great. I think I’m already getting in tight with the coaches.”

Dobbins said he talks to running backs coach Jay Boulware at least once a week and said he believes Boulware is a real genuine guy. Dobbins had been hearing from OU, but he wasn’t for sure the offer was going to come when he visited with his mother last month. Boulware took Dobbins and his mother to Bob Stoops’ office where Stoops made the offer. Stoops talked about what a special player Dobbins is and where he can fit, but then he focused on his character. Stoops has done that with some recruits in the past where he really feels the character of the players trumps even the best of what they do on the field. “It was pretty surreal – just to be there talking with Bob Stoops,” Dobbins said. “He knows my name, knows all about me, is talking about my character. It was special.”

Dobbins, despite barely being 5-foot-9, had an incredible sophomore season. He rushed for 2,243 yards on just 181 attempts, averaging more than 12 yards per carry with 37 touchdowns. Other big offers have come in since, including the Aggies. But the one offer he is waiting for is Texas as Dobbins was quick to point out the Longhorns are the dream school for him. So it won’t be easy for OU, but when Dobbins reflects on his OU offer, he said that was the offer that let him know any school is going to be possible.

OU has already visited Dobbins twice during this spring evaluation period. The first time it was Boulware and offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley. The next time was just Boulware. He hopes they’re liking what they’re seeing. “I feel like I’m a lot more of a leader this year,” Dobbins said. “I’m bigger, stronger and faster, but it’s more than that. I know I have to improve my blocking because our quarterback is going to be new to varsity this year. “I’m a very patient runner, but I think the biggest strength of my game is that I can stop on a dime and get back to top speed in no time. I have the ability to make anyone miss in space.” Dobbins is hoping to be active on the recruiting trail although he’s not quite sure what schools he’s going to see. He said OU is one of them as well as return trips to A&M and TCU.

As for who’s showing the most interest? Another easy question. “OU, for sure,” Dobbins said. “A&M, Duke and TCU are there, too, but it feels like it’s always OU.”

asshat EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$'s Avatar
    At 5'9", he may be waiting a while for a UT offer. Charlie doesn't like the small backs (or WRs).

Quote Originally Posted by EZ$ View Post
    At 5'9", he may be waiting a while for a UT offer. Charlie doesn't like the small backs (or WRs).
    Not necessarily, he went hard after Newsome last year. He's probably avoided small fast guys because he's used to running a pro-style offense the last few years - with a spread O you have to get speed to run it effectively, and Strong knows this.

Quote Originally Posted by EZ$ View Post
    Then no one told Strong that Trayveon Williams isn't even 5'9".

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 7 of 702 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 507 ... LastLast