+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,700 of 2785

Thread: The Movie You Just Watched

Hail Caesar.

Big ol WTF. Usually a big fan of Coen Movies, this one was really disjointed and pointless.

asshat Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop's Avatar
    I thought it was pretty funny.

bunghole Carl Spackler Shaggy Bronze Club Carl Spackler Shaggy Bronze Club Carl Spackler Shaggy Bronze Club Carl Spackler Shaggy Bronze Club Carl Spackler Shaggy Bronze Club Carl Spackler Shaggy Bronze Club Carl Spackler Shaggy Bronze Club Carl Spackler Shaggy Bronze Club Carl Spackler Shaggy Bronze Club Carl Spackler Shaggy Bronze Club Carl Spackler Shaggy Bronze Club Carl Spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlyBird View Post
    Check out the first half-hour of the movie Miami Blues for a look at JJL's body in it's prime. Yum. Good movie too. A top-3 alec baldwin role and fred Ward at his fredwardiest
    Terrific, underappreciated movie.

asshat lateshow Shaggy Silver Club lateshow Shaggy Silver Club lateshow Shaggy Silver Club lateshow Shaggy Silver Club lateshow Shaggy Silver Club lateshow Shaggy Silver Club lateshow Shaggy Silver Club lateshow Shaggy Silver Club lateshow Shaggy Silver Club lateshow Shaggy Silver Club lateshow Shaggy Silver Club lateshow's Avatar
    I watched Spring Breakers on Friday night. I hadn't seen it yet, so figured I'd give it a try. Other than hot chicks in bikinis, I thought it sucked.

Watched Legend, with Tom Hardy, last night. Terrific movie.

asshat NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop's Avatar
    Captain Phillips last night

meh

Lots of screaming and yelling and confusion but not a lot of action. The suspense is a bit too manufactured and in the end I don't really care much for the character's fate. Not sure why the African kid got credit for good acting as he barely does $#@! the whole movie.

asshat Wiler77 Shaggy Bronze Club Wiler77 Shaggy Bronze Club Wiler77 Shaggy Bronze Club Wiler77 Shaggy Bronze Club Wiler77 Shaggy Bronze Club Wiler77 Shaggy Bronze Club Wiler77 Shaggy Bronze Club Wiler77 Shaggy Bronze Club Wiler77 Shaggy Bronze Club Wiler77 Shaggy Bronze Club Wiler77 Shaggy Bronze Club
    Been on a bit of a movie tear the past few months (for me anyway--I have 3 kids)
    Lion-fantastic. See separate thread.
    Passengers-pretty good. Not sure I cared for the ending, but the concept behind the movie was original, and the main plot was thought-provoking.
    Snowden-liked it, although as an Oliver Stone movie I'm sure it was more slanted than neutral. Whatever.
    Infiltrator-Loved it. Bryan Cranston is terrific.
    War Dogs-Good popcorn flick.
    Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory-we read the book to my 5 YO son and then watched the Gene Wilder movie a couple of days later. I hadn't seen it in about 10 years. It's better now as a 39 year old than when I saw it as a kid. I never realized how many quotes I use in my everyday life.

Hell or High Water is next in my queue, but it will likely be a couple of weeks before I get to it.

watched infinitely polar bear friday night. it was okay but not a big mark ruffalo fan. i think his acting skills are over-rated. the two kids stole this movie, imo. they were fantastic.

watch demolition sat night. weird, sad, pointless movie. did not get his behavior at all or see the conclusion.

asshat tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthLoop View Post
    Captain Phillips last night

meh

Lots of screaming and yelling and confusion but not a lot of action. The suspense is a bit too manufactured and in the end I don't really care much for the character's fate. Not sure why the African kid got credit for good acting as he barely does $#@! the whole movie.
    I thought this movie that came out about the same time was really good.

Tells the story more from the perspective of the folks trying to free the hostages.

asshat Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker's Avatar
    Dismissed for Unspecified Violations of Team Rules
    Anyone else seen "Criminal" with Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman, Alice Eve, Ryan Reynolds, and Michael Pitt? Was unable to sleep last night and it was on.

With the cast list I've said everything anyone might consider "good" about that movie. What a piece of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredulity View Post
    Hail Caesar.

Big ol WTF. Usually a big fan of Coen Movies, this one was really disjointed and pointless.
    It had a point that was brilliantly, and communistically delivered, imo.

Just saw "Fences". More of a play than a movie, (part of Wilson's Pittsburgh cycle) and Denzel's character was way, way too full of himself, bombastic and a blowhard (just give your son the $10 and stfu, dude). Viola deserves an Oscar for her performance.

asshat Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy's Avatar

The Movie You Just Watched

Quote Originally Posted by thrillhammer View Post
    watch demolition sat night. weird, sad, pointless movie. did not get his behavior at all or see the conclusion.
    I was a big fan of demolition. Jake G is a one of my favorite actors right now and I thought the story was really good.

I can see how it isn't for everyone but I'm always up for a character or story driven movie so I really liked it.
    Last edited by Juicy; 01-09-2017 at 05:51 PM.

asshat Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy Shaggy Gold Club Juicy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquor and Poker View Post
    Anyone else seen "Criminal" with Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman, Alice Eve, Ryan Reynolds, and Michael Pitt? Was unable to sleep last night and it was on.

With the cast list I've said everything anyone might consider "good" about that movie. What a piece of crap.
    Obviously no one is arguing that Alice Eve isn't smoking hot but she is right up there at the top of the top for me. Anything with her in it is worth watching for me.

Criminal was definitely not a good movie either but it's an alright movie if it is on.

asshat Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang Probably Shaggy upper class Gil Bang's Avatar
    Been flying a lot, so here's what I saw on AA.

"Everybody's Fine" with De Niro. Not horrible. De Niro's a widower, and was a bit of a prick as a dad. Trying to reconnect with this kids.

The Hollars: Really enjoyed this. Dude comes back to his hometown from NYC because mom has cancer. Lots of funny scenes.

Saw the Cranston one mentioned above. Pretty damm good.

Bridge of Spies: terrific film, and I was surprised seeing the Coen Bros as writers on the credits.

Anyone watched IP Man? Good martial arts flick?

asshat MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant's Avatar
    Just rewatched Hotel Rwanda and Die Hard.

Nothing new about the sun, but both were good movies.

asshat Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop Shaggy Bronze Club Hoop's Avatar
    Paisan. Can be an effort with its organization, but very much worth it. Some truly haunting images in this thing.

asshat tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Paisan. Can be an effort with its organization, but very much worth it. Some truly haunting images in this thing.
    Love it. The amateur American and the battle scene are great. I think my favorite Rosselini.

Shaggy Goon MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction's Avatar
    Jason Bourned. The god damn shaky cam was too much and had to turn it off before I went into a grand mal seizure.

Quote Originally Posted by tantric superman View Post
    Love it. The amateur American and the battle scene are great. I think my favorite Rosselini.
    It's good. I think of the Italians I have seen so far, Antonioni is my favorite, particularly his L'Avventura/La Notte/L'Eclisse "trilogy of decadence." Don't know if it's my sentimentality or where I am in life right now, but those movies deeply resonate with me. Especially L'Avventura - feels almost like it's speaking directly to me.
    Last edited by Hoop; 01-11-2017 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    It's good. I think of the Italians I have seen so far, Antonioni is my favorite, particularly his L'Avventura/La Notte/L'Eclisse "trilogy of decadence." Don't know if it's my sentimentality or where I am in life right now, but those movies deeply resonate with me. Especially L'Avventura - feels almost like it's speaking directly to me.
    Oh man, this is getting me motivated to go back on a foreign film spree. Had a big one about 15 years ago and then got off track.

L'Eclisse just hammered me with the weirdest bit of deja vu at the end - the street scenes. Or something like it. I didn't get into the rest of his films but this one was just on target.

Rosselini is my favorite in the end. Just feels the most "true".

Shaggy Goon MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction's Avatar
    Love foreign films. It's the only way to escape hollywood's formulaic crap.

asshat MAC8111 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MAC8111 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MAC8111 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MAC8111 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MAC8111 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MAC8111 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MAC8111 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MAC8111 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MAC8111 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MAC8111 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MAC8111 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MAC8111's Avatar
    Caught "The Seven Five" on TMC last night. Documentary about some very crooked NY police officers in the 75th precinct. Very well done show and pretty interesting.

asshat EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingInAction View Post
    Subtitles really focus you in. And it's generally good to be reminded the world doesn't revolve around us.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlyBird View Post
    Subtitles really focus you in. And it's generally good to be reminded the world doesn't revolve around us.
    But sometimes they can make you feel sleepy and gloomy.

asshat Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Liquor and Poker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    Obviously no one is arguing that Alice Eve isn't smoking hot but she is right up there at the top of the top for me. Anything with her in it is worth watching for me.

Criminal was definitely not a good movie either but it's an alright movie if it is on.
    Agreed on Alice Eve and the approximately 3 minutes she was on screen. I sat through Crossing Over to see her tits.

But disagree on Criminal. Horrid crap.

asshat EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tantric superman View Post
    But sometimes they can make you feel sleepy and gloomy.
    indeed. or resigned

and you don't always need subtitles.

asshat Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingInAction View Post
    You guys should check out Blue is the Warmest Color, it's really good. I think. Not sure I recall much of the drama, but the action scenes were awesome.

asshat Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog's Avatar
    When's Trouble Going To Find Me, I Ain't Hard To Find...
    Men, Women & Children - found it a rather messy film, too many storylines imo.

asshat PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger's Avatar
    Head

From the psychedelic musings of The Monkees, released in 1968. Written by some guy and Jack Nicholson. Nicholson makes a brief appearance. Annette Funicello is in the movie, and so are Sonny Liston, Ray Nitschke, Frank Zappa, June Fairchild and Terri Garr. As well as a giant Victor Mature.

Toni Basil is credited the choreographer. I don't know if that is the Oh Mickey Toni Basil, but I would assume it is.

To be kind, it was odd.

Last edited by PittsburghTiger; 01-12-2017 at 03:21 PM.

asshat Vin Chung Shaggy Silver Club Vin Chung Shaggy Silver Club Vin Chung Shaggy Silver Club Vin Chung Shaggy Silver Club Vin Chung Shaggy Silver Club Vin Chung Shaggy Silver Club Vin Chung Shaggy Silver Club Vin Chung Shaggy Silver Club Vin Chung Shaggy Silver Club Vin Chung Shaggy Silver Club Vin Chung Shaggy Silver Club Vin Chung's Avatar

asshat PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger has a gigantic e-peen. PittsburghTiger's Avatar

Toni Basil is the gal in the dance scene.

Toni Bail's best character

The Infiltrator - not re-inventing the wheel, but good cast, enjoyable.

asshat panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club
    Patriots Day-Wahlberg, Simmons, Bacon, and Goodman all turn in good efforts and the ending is worth the price of a ticket.

Live by Night-Ben Affleck should have saved the money he put into producing this dreck. So disjointed and failed I would have switched the channel fifteen minutes into it if it had been on cable.

asshat etexhorn13 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. etexhorn13 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. etexhorn13 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. etexhorn13 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. etexhorn13 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. etexhorn13 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. etexhorn13 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. etexhorn13 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. etexhorn13 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. etexhorn13 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. etexhorn13 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. etexhorn13's Avatar
    Heavyweights. Hadn't seen it in years, but still holds up. Probably watched it every summer growing up during the movie night we had at camp.

asshat Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club
    The first hour of Live By Night was so bad we did not stay for the second hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Continental Op View Post
    I also contemplated walking out. Had high hopes but it was bad.

asshat feed_the_horse is a rep whore. feed_the_horse is a rep whore. feed_the_horse is a rep whore. feed_the_horse is a rep whore. feed_the_horse is a rep whore. feed_the_horse is a rep whore. feed_the_horse is a rep whore. feed_the_horse is a rep whore. feed_the_horse is a rep whore. feed_the_horse is a rep whore. feed_the_horse is a rep whore.
    Saw Nocturnal Animals and Jackie recently. Really enjoyed them both, but can see they are not for everyone.

Nocturnal Animals has been my favorite movie I've seen this year...dark, disturbing, but brilliant performances. And also stunning visually to me anyways (Tom Ford's artistic direction plays into that).

I felt like I was holding my breath the whole time during Jackie. It is intense, dark, sad...but interesting. I have always had a fascination with Jacqueline Kennedy, and Natalie Portman did a stunning job (surprised she didn't win the Golden Globe).

I was depressed after watching both movies, but at least I felt something, I guess!

asshat RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM's Avatar
    Gringo: The Dangerous Life of John MaAfee

Very interesting semidocumentary of McAfee's time in Belize. Crazy, rich and genius are a bad combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Continental Op View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    I also contemplated walking out. Had high hopes but it was bad.
    http://variety.com/2017/film/box-off...ne-1201960106/

According to Variety it is doing poorly at the box office.

bunghole Fat Bastard is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Fat Bastard is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Fat Bastard is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Fat Bastard is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Fat Bastard is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Fat Bastard is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Fat Bastard is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Fat Bastard is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Fat Bastard is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Fat Bastard is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Fat Bastard is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Fat Bastard's Avatar
    Rented Hell or High Water last night. Great flick

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghTiger View Post
    Head

From the psychedelic musings of The Monkees, released in 1968. Written by some guy and Jack Nicholson. Nicholson makes a brief appearance. Annette Funicello is in the movie, and so are Sonny Liston, Ray Nitschke, Frank Zappa, June Fairchild and Terri Garr. As well as a giant Victor Mature.

Toni Basil is credited the choreographer. I don't know if that is the Oh Mickey Toni Basil, but I would assume it is.

To be kind, it was odd.
    Same Toni Basil. She also played one of the hookers in Easy Rider.
    Last edited by WhatTheBuck; 01-14-2017 at 10:22 PM.

I finally saw the 1934 version of Cleopatra last night on TCM. I'd never been able to catch it from the beginning before. Man, Claudette Colbert's wardrobe must have raised some eyebrows in the 30's. That was some pretty revealing stuff. And as I'm not a fan of big fake boobs I thought it was nice to see a more natural looking body, if a little more curvy than is popular nowadays. And those cheekbones.

The shot where she and Marc Antony first do the deed is textbook big budget, big stage DeMille choreography. Wow. I've seen clips from the movie before but never that one. From a technical standpoint it was the highlight of the film for me. I just sat back with my mouth open as the camera pulled back farther and farther and farther. Magnificent. I wonder how many takes it took to get that shot.

asshat bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club
    Picked up hell or high water from the library, damn strong film

asshat Burt Shaggy Silver Club Burt Shaggy Silver Club Burt Shaggy Silver Club Burt Shaggy Silver Club Burt Shaggy Silver Club Burt Shaggy Silver Club Burt Shaggy Silver Club Burt Shaggy Silver Club Burt Shaggy Silver Club Burt Shaggy Silver Club Burt Shaggy Silver Club Burt's Avatar
    Everybody Wants Some. Wasn't as good as I'd hoped but it was OK.

asshat RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM probably preboards planes RPM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheBuck View Post
    I finally saw the 1934 version of Cleopatra last night on TCM. I'd never been able to catch it from the beginning before. Man, Claudette Colbert's wardrobe must have raised some eyebrows in the 30's. That was some pretty revealing stuff.
    Check her out in The Sign of the Cross (1932).

asshat TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR's Avatar
    The Imitation Game. $#@!berbatch only being a little like sherlock.

Daughter dragged us to LaLa Land yesterday as her choice of reward for her grades. Not much of a musical/dance movie really- music and dance kind of dies off about 1/3 way through and it's just a movie until the end piece.

Not horrible but not "academy great" like everyone says. It also felt like a "little" movie - not a big grand over-the-top thing like we'd been told.

If I had to describe it in one word it would be "harmless."

asshat Horn_Spanker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Horn_Spanker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Horn_Spanker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Horn_Spanker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Horn_Spanker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Horn_Spanker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Horn_Spanker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Horn_Spanker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Horn_Spanker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Horn_Spanker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Horn_Spanker might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Horn_Spanker's Avatar
    Watched three movies yesterday.

Tower - Enjoyed knowing exactly where every perspective was filmed from. Glad they didn't get into much of Whitman's story.

The Nice Guys - Needed to lighten up from watching Tower. Enjoyed it.

The Accountant - Shane is such a bad actor. Enjoyed it.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast