+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: TCM"s 31 Days of Oscar

asshat tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman's Avatar
    Happy $#@!ing birthday Frank....

Ha, never truly appreciated the line when HAL gets checkmate on Frank:

Frank: Yeah. I guess you're right. I resign.
    Last edited by tantric superman; 02-22-2015 at 01:55 PM.

asshat tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman's Avatar

asshat phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn's Avatar
    True trivia:

Upon its release, 2001 was bordering on being a commercial flop. Critics panned it as too weird and vague, audiences left scratching their heads saying "WTF was that??" and the film opened slowly, in peril of being pulled.

But then something happened: theater owners especially in larger cities said that within a week or two, a steady stream of audiencegoers, mostly young, began to grow. Eventually it was determined that by word of mouth, of course in the psychedelic year of 1968, the viewing of the "Star Gate" scene (where Dave goes through all the wildly colored passage for that 4-5 minutes), on LSD was an experience not to be missed.

So it's been determined that it was a horde of young people tripping on acid that just might have saved this film enough commercially from oblivion, and allow its popularity to grow until today, where it frequently makes list of one of the Top 10 Movies of All Time.

asshat RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfTomJoad View Post
    Although the pre-broadcast intro by Manckiewickz (sp) was pretty $#@!ty. It'll be a sad day when Robert Osborne passes on.
    Be happy it's not Elvis Mitchell.

asshat RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM Shaggy Platinum RPM's Avatar
    I see 'em, George! I see the bunny rabbits!!!

asshat DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RPM View Post
    Be happy it's not Elvis Mitchell.
    Oh my lord...fact!

I don't mind Mankeiwicz. He's decent when he just talks about movies, but definitely no Robert Osborne. Nobody is.

asshat GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DougO View Post
    Oh my lord...fact!

I don't mind Mankeiwicz. He's decent when he just talks about movies, but definitely no Robert Osborne. Nobody is.
    This is how I generally feel about him. But it's apparent that he's the heir to the throne & now they're maybe telling him to spice things up & take a few chances. But his "trying to be too hip" intro to 2001 was stunningly bad. "Sure, we don't have direct PanAm flights to the moon now like they predicted, but imagine where they'd lose your luggage!" It was bad open mic level $#@!. Shocking to see it.

Apparently the 2001 Bell Telephone Corporation has much better anti-trust attorneys, too.

Being There coming up at 9:00 PM CT.

Navy day at the Oscars. The Americanization of Emily, Here Comes The Navy, Mister Roberts.

2 great 80's Newman movies on tonight, Absence of Malice just finished and now the Verdict

Absence of Malice was great. Been a long time since I'd seen it and I forgot many of the details. It was like watching it for the first time.

asshat phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn's Avatar
    The Verdict one of the most underrated(?) movies ever?

Likewise, one of the most underrated Best Picture winners, Chariots of Fire. Beautiful movie, awesome.

You can't handle the truth!

asshat GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad's Avatar
    Absence of Malice was great. Been a long time since I'd seen it and I forgot many of the details. It was like watching it for the first time.
    Yeah, I was once again reminded how natural & smooth of an actor Newman was. He never put anything extra into a scene if it didn't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Knight View Post
    2 great 80's Newman movies on tonight, Absence of Malice just finished and now the Verdict
    Just realized that Newman was in The Verdict.

Last edited by tantric superman; 03-01-2015 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phdhorn View Post
    The Verdict one of the most underrated(?) movies ever?

Likewise, one of the most underrated Best Picture winners, Chariots of Fire. Beautiful movie, awesome.
    Has anyone nailed playing a drunk better than Newman in The Verdict? A true work of art

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Lam Jones View Post
    Has anyone nailed playing a drunk better than Newman in The Verdict? A true work of art
    I DVR'd and just finished watching it again. That performance was stunning. I know Ben Kingsley won the Oscar that year for Gandhi, but Newman was superb. The scene where he his shakes are too severe for him to drink his shot of whiskey for breakfast without spilling so he lowers his lips down to the glass & sips enough out so he can then pick up the glass...Just tremendous expression on Newman's face throughout.

Holy $#@!! I didn't know Burt Buchman was in Fiddler on the Roof.

Such a great work. The music is incredible and the story is universal.

asshat DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Lam Jones View Post
    The Verdict >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>Absence of Malice.

asshat Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club
    OK... I sucked down so much stuff on my DVR that I can't decide what to watch first. What would y'all's top 3 be out of these:

Gold Diggers of 1933
    Shadow of a Doubt (Already seen it. Will watch later)
    The Lion In Winter
    Diner
    Kramer vs. Kramer
    Close Encounters of the Third Kind
    Patton
    Cool Hand Luke
    Caged
    The Apartment
    Ben Hur
    Anatomy of a Murder
    Giant
    Raintree County
    Blackboard Jungle
    Adam's Rib
    Raging Bull
    Philadelphia Story
    Splendor in the Grass
    Bonnie and Clyde
    G Men

Quote Originally Posted by Continental Op View Post
    OK... I sucked down so much stuff on my DVR that I can't decide what to watch first. What would y'all's top 3 be out of these:

Gold Diggers of 1933
    Shadow of a Doubt (Already seen it. Will watch later)
    The Lion In Winter
    Diner
    Kramer vs. Kramer
    Close Encounters of the Third Kind
    Patton
    Cool Hand Luke
    Caged
    The Apartment
    Ben Hur
    Anatomy of a Murder
    Giant
    Raintree County
    Blackboard Jungle
    Adam's Rib
    Raging Bull
    Philadelphia Story
    Splendor in the Grass
    Bonnie and Clyde
    G Men
    Cool Hand Luke
    Patton
    The Philadelphia Story -I almost said Bonnie & Clyde but figured you needed to lighten up after the first two and early classics get overlooked for their greatness.

asshat OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard's Avatar
    Where the high water mark of the 60's crashed ashore
    Cool hand Luke. For the win..... For me at least

asshat Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club
    Sounds good. I have seen every gangster/crime/film noir/whatever you want to call film it from the 30s through the early 50s that I have been able to get my hands on and almost none of what would be considered to be canonical stuff from the mid 50s through the mid 70s. I'm not sure what it is, but there's something about the overall aesthetic of films of that era that I find really offputting.

Quote Originally Posted by Continental Op View Post
    Sounds good. I have seen every gangster/crime/film noir/whatever you want to call film it from the 30s through the early 50s that I have been able to get my hands on and almost none of what would be considered to be canonical stuff from the mid 50s through the mid 70s. I'm not sure what it is, but there's something about the overall aesthetic of films of that era that I find really offputting.
    Kiss Me Deadly 1955
    The Killing 1956 (Kubrick)
    Sweet Smell of Success (1957)
    Touch of Evil (1958)
    Peeping Tom (1960)
    High and Low (1960) Kurosawa
    Le Samourai (1967)
    French Connection (1971)
    Dirty Harry (1971)
    Chinatown (1974)

Yeah, some of the mid to late 50s stuff was great but by the sixties something was going on and by the time you get to Chinatown, that really is more of an homage to a couple decades ago.

Seen Kiss Me Deadly and Chinatown. Both excellent. It is a shame that they did not adapt more Mike Hammer stuff back in the day.

asshat EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tantric superman View Post
    Kiss Me Deadly 1955
    The Killing 1956 (Kubrick)
    Sweet Smell of Success (1957)
    Touch of Evil (1958)
    Peeping Tom (1960)
    High and Low (1960) Kurosawa
    Le Samourai (1967)
    French Connection (1971)
    Dirty Harry (1971)
    Chinatown (1974)

Yeah, some of the mid to late 50s stuff was great but by the sixties something was going on and by the time you get to Chinatown, that really is more of an homage to a couple decades ago.
    Continental Op
    Seen Kiss Me Deadly and Chinatown. Both excellent. It is a shame that they did not adapt more Mike Hammer stuff back in the day.
    Since y'all are on the subject of noir and neo noir I thought I'd mention Altman's The Long Goodbye '73. Watched it last night for the 2nd time and really liked it. Elliot Gould as Phillip Marlowe. The viewing reminded me of this year's Inherent Vice. Was also interesting to see Sterling Hayden in TLG after seeing him so recently in The Asphalt Jungle (on TMC) which is about as tight a caper/noir movie as you'll find.

The Verdict >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>Absence of Malice.
    Except for Newman's first half of the movie, and Wilfred Brimley's character, I really don't think Absence of Malice holds up at all with most of these other films. A subpar plot, so-so acting, and really flat, disappointing ending. Plus the music to me is strangely detached, like some 70's action series from Aaron Spelling.

That movie just doesn't fit together well. Except I'd do Sally ten ways to yesterday,

Sterling Hayden is the King of Noir.

You can't be a Sterling Hayden fan and not seen Terror in a Texas Town.

Terror in a Texas Town is a 1958 American Western film, directed by Joseph Lewis and starring Sterling Hayden.

The script of Terror in a Texas Town was written by Dalton Trumbo one of the infamous "Hollywood Ten" who was blacklisted during the McCarthy-era witch hunts of the late forties and early fifties. Due to Trumbo's status on the Hollywood Blacklist, Ben Perry initially received screenwriting credit.

Director Lewis was set to retire when his friend, the actor Nedrick Young, handed him the script. Young had been blacklisted and this picture was his chance to get back into the business. Excited by the script, Lewis agreed to do it because he had nothing to fear from working with blacklisted artists as this was going to be his last film anyway.[1]

Nedrick Young plays the villain and Sebastian Cabot is the evil ranch owner.

Completely wacked out and great.

Speaking of 50s Westerns, the western that most surprised and blew me away was Day of the Outlaw (1959). Gorgeous flick with a cool plot twist.

Looks like a cool web page:

https://fiftieswesterns.wordpress.com/

Last edited by tantric superman; 03-01-2015 at 11:22 PM.

asshat Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos's Avatar
    Man, A River Runs Through It is so well shot and paced.

One of the few stop flipping movies I have.

asshat NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas St. Armadillos View Post

Same here. Love that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlyBird View Post
    Since y'all are on the subject of noir and neo noir I thought I'd mention Altman's The Long Goodbye '73. Watched it last night for the 2nd time and really liked it. Elliot Gould as Phillip Marlowe. The viewing reminded me of this year's Inherent Vice. Was also interesting to see Sterling Hayden in TLG after seeing him so recently in The Asphalt Jungle (on TMC) which is about as tight a caper/noir movie as you'll find.
    Love Chandler. Cannot stand Altman's take on The Long Goodbye.

I am partial to Dan Duryea. He does sleazy so well.

Quote Originally Posted by phdhorn View Post
    Except for Newman's first half of the movie, and Wilfred Brimley's character, I really don't think Absence of Malice holds up at all with most of these other films. A subpar plot, so-so acting, and really flat, disappointing ending. Plus the music to me is strangely detached, like some 70's action series from Aaron Spelling.

That movie just doesn't fit together well. Except I'd do Sally ten ways to yesterday,

I think that could have been a much better movie without the big relationship thing and Sally being such a whore, that she is (she's really good at playing whiny and slutty but not a ton of range). It kinda sucked all the air out of the main plot. The movie seems like a dated 80s movie. It's a'ight, but I agree, it doesn't really stand up over time.

Yeah, it's a movie that I watch, literally just to watch, not so much to take in as a movie. It has such a great atmosphere about it. And there aren't many other movies about fly fishing to rival it.

My favorite Paul Newman movie is "Somebody Up There Likes Me."

asshat EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird's Avatar
    Also kind of a King of Living. He did it his way. A movie should be made about him.

asshat Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club
    Watched "Chicago" on TCM last night.

I had forgotten how blazing hot Renee Zellwegger was in that movie.

asshat OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower's Avatar
    My favorite Paul Newman movie is "Somebody Up There Likes Me."
    Based on the fact that you described Pulp Fiction as "overrated and a fun little jaunt, nothing more", this does not surprise me.

bunghole LeeVanCleef grows his own roses LeeVanCleef grows his own roses LeeVanCleef grows his own roses LeeVanCleef grows his own roses LeeVanCleef grows his own roses LeeVanCleef grows his own roses LeeVanCleef grows his own roses LeeVanCleef grows his own roses LeeVanCleef grows his own roses LeeVanCleef grows his own roses LeeVanCleef grows his own roses

Great movie, great book. The last voice over makes the room dusty everytime.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by LeeVanCleef; 03-02-2015 at 08:41 PM. Reason: spoilered in case some haven't seen it yet

Final night's line up. All TCM Premieres.

The Artist, The King's Speech, No Country for Old Men.

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt's Avatar
    Final night's line up. All TCM Premieres.

The Artist, The King's Speech, No Country for Old Men.

and The Queen <<<<< this movie was great

Quote Originally Posted by tx 3 putt View Post
    and The Queen <<<<< this movie was great
    Just saw I missed that one. Helen Mirren. Wood, even as QE2.

asshat retread has a gigantic e-peen. retread has a gigantic e-peen. retread has a gigantic e-peen. retread has a gigantic e-peen. retread has a gigantic e-peen. retread has a gigantic e-peen. retread has a gigantic e-peen. retread has a gigantic e-peen. retread has a gigantic e-peen. retread has a gigantic e-peen. retread has a gigantic e-peen. retread's Avatar
    A sure thing. No questions asked. No strings attached.
    Just saw I missed that one. Helen Mirren. Wood, even as QE2.
    She would also definitely get it as Capt Kirbuk (Soviet pilot/astronaut) in 2010 that was on TCM two Sundays ago.

Anybody else catch Annie Hall the other night? Hadn't seen it in a while. Enjoyed it.

Remember seeing Diane Keaton on one of those Carson shorts (also TCM) that Conan hosted last summer/fall(?). I remember it was not too long after she had done Annie Hall, but she seemed so self-conscious and unsure of herself on Carson.

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt's Avatar
    especially as QE2 !

No Country For Old Men is ridiculous. I didn't think there was any way in hell a film adaptation of that book could work regardless of who was writing/directing, but damned if the Coen brothers didn't nail it.

asshat OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower Shaggy Silver Club OrangePower's Avatar
    I just looked at the next two weeks worth of movies they're showing on TCM. What a bunch of crap. Do they show 11 months of terrible movies?

We looking at the same schedule? I see a bunch of movies that we saw last month getting their 2nd or 3rd run before they shelve it. But yeah, February will spoil ya because every film was a contender.

asshat DoobieWah Shaggy Silver Club DoobieWah Shaggy Silver Club DoobieWah Shaggy Silver Club DoobieWah Shaggy Silver Club DoobieWah Shaggy Silver Club DoobieWah Shaggy Silver Club DoobieWah Shaggy Silver Club DoobieWah Shaggy Silver Club DoobieWah Shaggy Silver Club DoobieWah Shaggy Silver Club DoobieWah Shaggy Silver Club DoobieWah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePower View Post
    I just looked at the next two weeks worth of movies they're showing on TCM. What a bunch of crap. Do they show 11 months of terrible movies?
    Beginning at 1 pm today:

A Face In The Crowd
    Psycho
    Dr. Strangelove
    Roman Holiday
    Caesar and Cleopatra

That'll take you through 11:30 tonight.

asshat OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard's Avatar
    Where the high water mark of the 60's crashed ashore
    Quote Originally Posted by DoobieWah View Post
    Beginning at 1 pm today:

A Face In The Crowd
    Psycho
    Dr. Strangelove
    Roman Holiday
    Caesar and Cleopatra

That'll take you through 11:30 tonight.
    Hole-$#@! what a line up. A face in the crowd. Brilliantly good movie. Lonesome Rhoads..... What a character and Patricia Neal, with that face and that voice ????? Would over and over in 10 second blasts.........

Psycho, dr. Strange love. Et al. Too bad there are basketball games to be watched

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast