You can skip the most difficult part the campaign with this nifty trick:
You can skip the most difficult part the campaign with this nifty trick:
Last edited by jofus; 11-06-2015 at 09:57 AM.
I like that they put this back in the game and actually made a medal for it.
Some nice updates that came along with the weekend playlist. I'll post some highlights below, but you should check out the whole post with pictures of the upcoming maps. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/c...ber-sneak-peek
We’ve made a few additional changes based on your feedback from this past week, starting with the removal of Orion from all playlists. We’ve pulled the map from matchmaking in order to patch some exploits and make some additional improvements before re-adding it to appropriate playlists. Next, based on feedback regarding map variety and rotations, we’ve added 15 additional map / game type combinations to existing playlists. To see a full breakdown of which game types have been added and where, head over to yesterday’s blog.
In addition to the other items mentioned last week, the team is also hard at work preparing updates for things like Warzone Assault tuning tweaks (more on that with design next week), updating SWAT respawn time to 3 seconds and turning off SWAT friendly fire, CSR tuning tweaks, Seasons & seasonal rewards, actively monitoring and updating ban thresholds, and more.
In just over a week, the next Halo 5 content drop will be here, and with it comes Big Team Battle in Arena matchmaking, brand-new REQs, and a whole ton of juicy vehicular combat.
I'm starting Halo MC Collection from Halo 1 and going through all the campaigns on Legendary over the next few weeks if anyone wants to join. The achievement list for this game is insane, 4500 GS on 450 achievements. It will take a long time to complete, but it has been so long since I played the 1-3 campaigns, it should be fun. The amount of stuff to find and collect is daunting, but I figure I can do it over time. Just focusing on completing campaigns on Legendary right now. Join in if you like.
Also up for Halo 5 co-op achievements whenever people want to do them, just send me a party invite if I'm doing something else.
I think shake already got 450 achievements this week.
Yikes, old Halo Legendary was really, really, really hard. Took me about 2 hours to complete the second mission. I don't think I spent anywhere near that long on a single mission in Halo 5's campaign.
I played Warzone with some friends last night. It is incredibly frustrating to the point where I don't know what exactly pisses me off about it. It could be that it takes so damn long to respawn. It could be that it seems like there is absolutely nothing to do if the other team has three tanks and you don't have the req level to get a spartan laser. Tried Warzone assault after that. Four times in a row we were the offense. Some maps make it damn near impossible to progress past the first base. I was pretty ragey at this point. We did manage, on our fifth time in a row on offense, to take the core on assault. We then played one more and we were defense. Opposing team got dominated.
Then we played Swat. If you have rage problems, I'd recommend not playing Swat. The spawn times make it almost impossible to determine where you were killed from. I loved the following progression:
1. Died running around.
2. Put my head down, in that time, I respawn and get killed immediately.
3. Take hand off controller, point at screen and yell "that's bull$#@!". Spawn in again and as I say "that's bull$#@!", I get killed again.
We then played a game of regular slayer. Seems like 60% of the time, it's me being killed from behind and I have absolutely no clue where people are coming from because the motion sensor is absolutely terrible. Maybe Halo 5 isn't for me...
I somewhat agree with you. I had a hell of a lot of fun my first few times playing Warzone, until I learned that all those tanks, wraiths, mantis, etc I got where actually cards I was spending. I didn't realize your ability to use weapons was dependent on those cards you unlock. I have about 50 mongoose cards I'll never use, but 0 tanks now. It sucks playing warzone with out those vehicles. I didn't have any issues with the level design or anything like that, they all felt fairly balanced, it's just hard to assault with randoms. You gotta work together and push as a group to be successful.
Swat is dumb right now, and they are looking into fixing the spawnkill issues. I'm not playing it for that reason too.
Motion tracker? lol, Halo isn't about motion trackers and heartbeat sensors. You can crouch walk everywhere and not show up on peoples radar, but it's slow and boring. I remember in Destiny I looked at my radar a lot, and relied on it too heavily sometimes, but more often than not it would alert me to an enemy before I saw them. I don't care for that type of gameplay, I prefer not having radar in games, so I thought the H5 radar was a good compromise.
Winning in Halo MP is about strategy, weapon spawns and team tactics. If you were getting killed from behind a lot, it was probably due to running forward too much, not being in cover and not assessing your surroundings. You can't run and gun in Halo, even the best players in the world don't do that. You gotta use the obstacles around you for cover, throw nades at people behind cover, pistol combo with plasma, snipe for the heads, shoot/nade weapon spawns you miss, etc etc. The best strategy for Halo MP is to force your opponents out of cover, or into corners while your team converges on them. One guy just can't take on 2 or 3 at a time, he has to evade them, then divide and conquer as they go hunting for him or get distracted. It's a completely different mindset to COD, Destiny and Battlefield multiplayer.
Some updates coming...
We’ll be bumping the SWAT respawn time from 1 second to 3 seconds, which should improve overall game flow while still maintaining the fast-paced action the playlist is known for. Additionally, we’ll be removing friendly fire, which will both upset trolls and prevent you from accidentally betraying your friend who jumped into your sights at the last moment.
For Warzone: Faster REQ leveling, decreased base capture time from 20s to 16s, reduced starting grenade count to 1. For every kill a player gets, they will award a small amount of experience to every one of their teammates. This will allow teams to level up a bit more uniformly than they do in regular Warzone. At the same time, this allows players who may not often reach the higher levels an opportunity to call in their most powerful REQs.
Content update is now live. Big Team Battle!
Not trying to sound like a little bitch, but this game causes me to rage, more-so than any other game I've ever played. Halo 3, Halo: Reach, Halo 2 included.
This game was deleted/uninstalled from my xbox last night after I realized that I can't have fun with Halo anymore. Game feels more like CoD than Halo at this point. Very disheartening because I really liked Halo when I was in college.
y'all still playing? probably gonna get it here in a week or so. work craziness winding down.
Yeah, I still play pretty regularly. I'm sharing my time between Battlefront and Halo 5, for the most part these days.
I'm always up for it. Haven't had a lot of gaming time recently though.
This was a fun death: http://xboxclips.com/DutchRudder2007...3-9d7bc65e8cc9
Cowardly grunt in MCC: http://xboxclips.com/DutchRudder2007...6-aae4391f818a
Passengers on gungooses get unlimited frag nades: http://xboxclips.com/DutchRudder2007...2-2adf9429ea1f
Cartographer's Gift update is now live.
New Features and Content:
- Forge is now available!
- Added a basic implementation of File Browser. Players can now bookmark and share custom maps and modes through Active Roster, by following (or become friends with) a player.
- Over 30 new REQs including weapons, armor, emblems, and more have been added.
- Battle of Noctus map added to Warzone.
- Overgrowth map added to Arena.
- Entombed and Antifreeze maps added to Big Team Battle.
- Commendations and Service Record for Spartan Companies have been added, and can be tracked on Halo Channel and HaloWaypoint.com.
- Social playlists have been added (Big Team Battle and Holiday Social).
- Holiday Doubles playlist added (ranked).
- Advanced controller setting options have been added, including controls for aim acceleration as well as deadzone controls. These settings are automatically set to the previous defaults you've been playing on. Full details here.
- Seasons for ranked playlists have been added; The January 2016 Season begins today.
- Enabled the ability to purchase multiple gold REQ Packs in one single purchase, several of which include free bonus packs. (These will be coming online within the next few days).
- FFA playlist reduced to 6 players from 8 players.
- Fixed the Warzone Assault armory exploit
- Replaced Scorpion on Recurve with Gauss Warthog.
- Removed Mantis from Guillotine and added a Warthog for each team.
- Fixed spawning bug that sometimes spawned a player on Red team in the Blue base on Deadlock at the start of a match.
- Fixed an issue where players could escape Gambol’s normal play boundaries.
- Added interactive switches to Deadlock to control window shutters and doors for each base.
- Fixed a bug in Breakout that awarded kills after the flag has been captured.
- Add Flag Grabs statistic to the post-game carnage report.
- Fixed a Free-For-All bug where kills were shown in scoreboard rather than score.
- Added medal for melee’s performed to an enemy’s back.
- Added in-game text for Flag Driver medal.
- Improved stability when joining a Fireteam’s Campaign mission in progress.
- Joining a Fireteam’s Campaign mission in progress will no long force all Fireteam members back to the character select screen.
- Fixed a bug on Guardians that hindered a player’s movement if they’ve died and were unable to complete the mission.
- Adjusted CSR placements for SWAT and FFA playlists.
- Fixed bugs surrounding players being placed too high across all playlists.
- Amount of REQ Points and number of unopened REQ packs will be visible during intermission and in Lobby.
- Fixed bug around Fireteam sorting - The Fireteam Leader will now be displayed at the top followed by his or her team in alphabetical order by Gamertag. For Custom Games, all other teams will be grouped together and then sorted alphabetically as well.
Spartan Hub / REQs:
- Friend Status will now be visible from the Friends list so you can see what your friends are doing in Halo 5: Guardians.
- Fixed bug around Friend sorting so it sorts online and offline friends alphabetically.
Spectate / Theater:
- REQ Rarity and Description will be visible for all REQs when opening a REQ pack or browsing your Collection whether you own it or not.
- REQ Energy Cost will also be displayed for all REQs when opening a REQ pack or browsing your REQ Collection.
- Added hidden controls to change player POV for up to 8 players in the match. Holding left trigger will enable the use of the d-pad and ABXY face buttons to change player POV on the fly. Players are mapped to buttons alphabetically.
- Added ability to change player POV from the Scoreboard. Press the View button to bring up the Scoreboard; use d-pad to navigate and A-button to select a POV.
- Fixed bug aroundPlayer POV Selector sorting. It will now sort by team, and then alphabetically by Gamertag.
- Fixed bug around controls for Zooming while in Free Cam.
- Fixed bug around not being able to hide the Player POV Selector in some cases when toggling UI visibility.
- Fixed a bug where ending a theater film placed players into a solo campaign lobby
- Added ability to play and pause film while UI is hidden using the A button.
- The location callout will now appear when dead, spectating, in Smart-Link, etc.
- The Highest Score per Column in the in-game Scoreboard will have a visual callout allowing you to see very quickly which player has the most kills, most assists, and least deaths.
- Added advanced controller options. Full details here.
- Improved ping times to dedicated servers in matchmaking.
- Improved gameplay quality under network conditions with high packet loss.
Nice, those are some good updates, but I still don't have scorpion or wraith certifications, so warzone sucks for me.
Shake and Dutch, how is Halo 5? I'm tempted to get it, but don't know if the player base is bad/crappy and if warzone is dying down.
It's the worst story of all the Halos, but the game play is pretty fun. Not really any new enemies besides the Wardens. Not any new guns or vehicles I can think of. If you love halo, you will enjoy it, but personally I'm having more fun playing Master Chief Collection, Fallout and Battlefront.
The MP is alright, but the speed of the game has greatly increased with sprinting + boosters. Req packs are needed to call in all the cool stuff in Warzone, and I'm not too happy about that. You get packs of cards by playing a lot and turning in credits, but the stuff you get in those packs is limited to what you have unlocked via the packs, so starting out it sucks for a long time. You gotta put in a lot of hours to get the good stuff. It's a solid shooter, not really buggy that I know of, so they did a good job on the launch. Forge was added this week, and that will be fun to see the cool maps that are made by users. I would suggest you get it in the $20-30 range whenever you see it that low.
Player base is still going strong, I think, especially with the new update. It's not very strong among Shaggy people (I think Dutch and I may be the only ones that play it at all these days), but I still enjoy it. The campaign isn't the greatest, but it's alright as a set-up for Halo 6. I enjoy multiplayer a lot though. Warzone is ok, but I spend most of my time playing the different Arena modes and Big Team Battle. They recently started a thing where you get a req pack for the first win in Arena and Warzone every day, so that entices people to play at least a couple matches every day.
I want to play more. Should have more time on my hands after the holidays.
Getting this for Xmas, looking forward to having a crack.
One annoying thing is that once you play enough games to be ranked in whatever playlist, the only way to rank up is to win games. In theory I like it. It encourages team play and not to go off on your own and just focus on kills in objective game-types. However, in Slayer, I feel like they should give a little bit of leeway. It's super frustrating when you're on a team with a guy that only gets 1 kill but 11 deaths, or one of your teammates drops out of the game. You might play great and get the most kills, but it's almost impossible to overcome that so your rank decreases.
If I install my copy of Halo on my nephew's Xbone, will it work on both of our systems?
Is it digital or physical? He'll need the disc if physical. If you install a digital version, there's two options. You can set his system as your home console and your system to be his home console and y'all can share games. If you don't want to do that, you'll just have to be logged in on his console for it to work.
I have a physical copy and it's installed on my system
Yeah, that will work. You'll have to download the updates though first which will probably take a little while.
i played for the first time in several weeks while last night. i changed some of the new controller settings, which seemed to really help. i increased the look acceleration to 5, increased the outer dead zone from 10% to 13%, and turned assassinations off (i hate it when i mean to simply melee and it makes me assassinate).
the changes seemed to make everything feel smoother. the default setting felt stiff/ robotic to me.
Assassination animations get you killed more often than not, especially in single player. BF4 did it the right way with a quick 1.5 second animation. Halo just draws it out like a gymnastics routine.
So, if you're into unlocking armor and weapon certifications from req packs, you might think it's best to save up for gold packs. I thought the same thing. But it actually seems best to open just bronze first until you get everything you can from them. You'll know you've gotten everything when you get the Nadir emblem and if you open another bronze after that, you'll get 500 RP as one of the rewards. Then you can move on to silver packs until you don't get any more certifications from those. I think you know when you finish those because you'll get another emblem and I think 1500 RP.
Saw the game on sale at Best Buy for $39.99, so finally bought it. After a few games of warzone and BTB, I really, really like the MP. Kind of amazing the change that dedicated server brings.
For the loadouts, what's the best way to actually get some of the other weapons outside of AR and Magnum to unlock? Bronze packs are just giving me Reqs for other weapons (Railguns, Shotguns) that don't show up on that. Also, how long does it take to get the Nadir emblem from Bronze?
I haven't played a lot of war zone, so not very versed on unlocks.
I have opened a ton of bronze packs and no nadir emblem. So it takes a lot.
Shake and I have been playing pretty regularly, so join up if you see us on!
Infinity's Armor update launched today. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/g...finitys-armory
- New Arena map Riptide added
- New Warzone Assault map Urban added
- Over 50 new REQs including weapons, armor, emblems, and more have been added
- Modified color of Blue Team in multiplayer to improve Red vs Blue balance
- Increased Warzone REQ Leveling speed
- Increased Warzone weapon despawn time from 5 seconds to 20 seconds
- Fixed exploits on Overgrowth that allowed players to get out of normal map boundaries
- Fixed map holes on Recurve, Basin, and Deadlock
- Fixed issues with Trident that allowed players to shoot through certain walls
- Added Line of Sight toggle option for use in custom games, such as Octagon
- The option to change teams has been added to the pause menu in custom games
- Fixed “fast fall” and “slide boost” exploits
- Reduced the zoom time of the SPNKr Rocket Launchers
- Increased brightness of the Classic BR scope
- Reduced melee damage while boarding Wraiths and Scorpions
- Sword of the Faithful Beam Rifle now kills with a headshot
- Fixed issue where Maintain Sprint being toggled off didn’t allow players to slide when sprinting
- Spartan Rank Progress now appears under all players’ nameplate
- Active Roster updated to show whether or not friends are joinable and/or can be spectated
- Rarity is displayed for REQs in Spartan HUB Customization
- Players can now see equipped customization items from Spartan Appearance, Spartan ID, and Weapon Skins rather than going to each individual menu screen
It took a while to finish the bronze req packs, just keep plugging away at them until you get the Nadir emblem. You can save up and try your luck at some silvers since you do get 2 guaranteed unlocks, but I think plugging away at Bronze level first is better in the long run. Remember you can sell anything you don't want to get more req points back. I wish there was a way to easily sell a whole bunch at once, but you'll have to go one-by-one. I think common items sell for 50RP each or something like that.
What it looks like when you complete the Bronze Req Packs:
Last edited by hornfan785; 01-26-2016 at 12:52 PM.
Thanks guys. I'll try the Bronze route though Silver is also very tempting. Girlfriend is gone most of the week, so I'd be down for some multiplayer and Warzone during the evenings.
Hammerstorm update is live now! Grifball, Assault, Fiesta, Halo CE Pistol as a new Legendary Req. New colors for your emblems and armor. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/g...s/hammer-storm
Also, Warzone Firefight coming most likely during the summer! http://news.xbox.com/2016/02/24/new-...medium=twitter
Last edited by hornfan785; 02-24-2016 at 02:04 PM.
Finally got the game. Got sick this week and had it overnighted to kill time until I return to work. Boy do I suck at this game. I was meddling to decent at Halo 4, but man do I suck at Halo 5. If anyone is down for some private/custom games, add me: WintermuteAI. I'll usually be on with a group of 3 to 4.
Football .. OC .. Basketball .. Baseball .. Other Sports .. RC Didn't Offer .. Gamboool
Varsity .. Hole in the Wall .. PCL .. Einstein's .. Nasty's .. GM Steakhouse .. NSAA .. Classics
Bada Bing .. Bernard .. Nerdz .. Can you help me with this? .. Shagslist .. Cloak Room .. Bellmont