Is this you?
^ not far off, sadly. the death at 1:50 is amazing.
Arena ranks reset today for the March season.
Halo: Fall of Reach popped up on Netflix. Not bad.
First Look at Warzone Firefight in Halo 5: Guardians
http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/20/firs...o-5-guardians/Warzone Firefight is an ambitious new multiplayer experience that takes the initial promise of Halo 5’s Warzone multiplayer – the epic battles, incredible scale and huge maps – and applies that to create the biggest Halo cooperative experience ever in franchise history. In Warzone Firefight, up to eight players will work together to complete five rounds of increasingly difficult, dynamic objectives set against a timer to emerge victorious.
6 new Community Forge Maps in the BTB playlist, plus updated variants of Guillotine and Deadlock. Also, 6 new Community Forge Maps in Griffball.
Here's a video of the new BTB maps:
the spawn points on some of the community BTB maps are questionable, but otherwise have been really fun
whoa. we should play that tonight.
the community forge maps for griffball are $#@!ing badass. had this game winner last night followed by a bizarre grav hammer appearance in the victory animation.
Warzone Turbo is now live as well. Once you clear your base, you'll instantly be at REQ Level 9 and it regens really quickly, so lots of vehicles and power weapons will be used.
Man, I miss Xbox. Cant wait to play BTB when I get back to the states. 2 weeks left...
Ghosts of Meridian update patch notes:
New features and updates:
- New Warzone map added: Skirmish at Darkstar
- New Arena map added: Tyrant
- Weather effects added to Forge
- New sound effects added to Forge
- Spartan Company members will now appear in the Active Roster
- April 14 – 18: Warzone Firefight Beta playlist goes live.
- Fixed exploit that allowed players to hide inside Armory base geometry in Warzone
- Significantly improved the speed and responsiveness of the REQ Menu, especially for players with a large number of REQs
- Favorited friends now appear at the top of Active Roster
- Fixed issue where players that a join a match in progress did not have full REQ Energy to start
- Reduced instances where the assaulting team could be spawn blocked on Warzone Assault maps
- Fixed issues with invisible environment boundaries allowing vehicles to push players out of normal map boundaries
- Fixed issue where some players who had recently dealt damage to a Boss did not receive Takedown credit when the Boss was killed by a teammate
- SWAT DMRs added to the SWAT playlist
- Fixed an issue that caused the Event Feed to not dispalyer at the end of a round or match
- SWAT game type options have been balanced to allow for even weighting between Magnums, BRs, and DMRs
- Gravity Hammer is now the starting weapon in Grifball
- Reduced Boss Takedown damage requirement from 10% to 1%
- Random Weapon and Random Vehicle REQs can now unlock the most up-to-date REQs, including those from Ghosts of Meridian
- Daily Win Bonus Packs can now unlock the most up-to-date single-use REQs, including those from Ghost of Meridian
- Players can now “ping” their location in a game when alive to alert teammates by pressing UP on the d-pad in Warzone or Arena
- Fixed an issue that caused explosive barrels to not be explosive when the Deathless option is turned on in Custom Games
- Fixed a bug that caused the Spartan Laser to deal incorrect damage against shields
- Fixed a bug where damage dealt to Gungoose Cannons did not properly transfer damage to the rest of the vehicle. (The Spartan Laser is excited about this change, too)
- Mantis armor has been increased
- Reduced the explosion radius of the Whiplash
- Needler projectiles now do damage to Wraith and Scorpion weak points
- Fixed an issue where Rail Gun aiming light can be seen through geometry
- Fixed server crashes surrounding picking up powerups
- Fixed a bug that made picking up powerups impossible
- With Speed Boost activated, Spartan Charging now kills upon impact
- Hydra Launcher now only locks onto the torso of enemy Spartans
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to perform a Spartan Charge after performing a Thrust in mid-air
- Fixed a bug with Phaeton damage regions that resulted in incorrect weak spot hit markers
- Slightly reduced bloom for the Halo: CE Pistol
- Improved readability of shields popping immediately after they begin to recharge
- Lowered the damage of an uncharged Plasma Pistol shot when fired upon a Ghost’s weak point
- Fixed a bug that did not allow Ball holders to pick up grenades
- Fixed a bug with Advanced Sensors’ speed threshold that caused players to show up on radar in some cases where they were not moving at Sprint/Thrust speed or faster
Firefight Beta is out. Might get an "unable to start dedicated server" bit for awhile, but just keep trying.
It's really fun and a nice way to burn some of the reqs I was storing. A good team does make a difference. Req points almost don't matter, though, if you fail early or beat the boss.
At work, but definitely looking forward to hopping into that tonight.
Played a round earlier today. Fun as hell. A few of us should be on later.
File Browser added to Halo Waypoint: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/g...one/game-clips
You can look at game clips, screenshots, maps, and gametypes. You can view your own, or just click "All Map Variants" for example and see what's popular. You can then bookmark them from the website and it'll be added to your bookmarks in game.
Also they are adding a Fiesta Slayer that will include REQ weapons as a social playlist at some point. Can't wait!
Warzone Turbo is live again for the weekend playlist.
Memories of Reach coming out tomorrow. Infection, new maps, post-game medals and more carnage stats (killed most/killed most by, tool of destruction, etc.)
I need to start playing again. Been too long.
me too. got sucked into castlevania: sotn (again)
They put dead bodies in forge in the latest update. This helped make me feel a bit better after that Spurs loss.
Also, some improvements to REQ packs:
Increased value of Gold and Silver REQ Packs:
- First two slots no longer grant emblems, thus chances of receiving other permanent REQs such as power Weapon Certifications, Weapon Skins, Armors, and others has substantially improved if available.
- Third slot now offers a large chance of awarding an emblem as well as a single use REQ
- In general, the chance of dropping rarer single use REQs has increased.
^that's smart and should have always been that way. have you played infection yet?
Good job Shake.
Anyone play Infection yet? I may come back for a bit, but trying to grind up my BF4 ranks.
good games, gents. i am trash, but that $#@! was fun.
i wanna play :)
Infection is really fun when things go your way:
killtastrophe! damn. good job, dude. i played some drunken infection last night and it was pitiful.
Free version of Halo 5 coming to Windows 10. No campaign, friends-only multiplayer (PC only). http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/0...s-10-for-free/
Microsoft's play to bridge the gap between Xbox One consoles and Windows 10 PCs got a lot more interesting on Thursday thanks to a pretty major Halo 5 announcement. Microsoft and its Halo development house, 343 Industries, have taken the wraps off the awkwardly named Forge–Halo 5: Guardians Edition, which they say will launch for free across Windows 10 "later this year."
This limited free version of Halo 5 won't include the game's single-player campaign, nor will it include multiplayer matchmaking with random opponents. However, Microsoft representatives have confirmed to Ars that the free Windows 10 game will support unfettered online play with anyone on a player's friends list. That means players can create or download a Forge map and invite anyone else playing the Windows 10 version to join in and play to whatever "kill count," time limit, or other win condition they've set. Even better, Microsoft says that this friends-only multiplayer mode in Windows 10 will fully support mouse-and-keyboard game controls.
As series fans know, Halo's Forge mode allows players to build content-filled maps and lay down a litany of custom rules and modifiers for the game. This Windows 10 version, as its lengthy title suggests, will allow people to do the same thing on their PCs, complete with mouse and keyboard support that 343 Industries says will be "easier/faster" to use than an Xbox controller (though we have yet to see how keyboard shortcuts and other features will work on a PC version).
In short, free Halo 5 multiplayer is coming to Windows 10. Sure, there's a friends-list restriction, a Forge-only rule, and a lack of convenient, automated matchmaking, but it doesn't sound like a bad freebie for the PC gaming set, and it marks the first Halo online multiplayer game with mouse-and-keyboard support since 2007's Windows port of Halo 2.
The announcement also confirms support for resolutions up to 4K and the ability to publish Windows 10 creations for play on the game's Xbox One version, but there's no mention of cross-platform multiplayer (and we're certainly not counting on that addition). Microsoft has confirmed that this build of Halo 5 will use DirectX 12, but we'll be curious to see whether the results err on the glitchier side (a la the messy Windows 10 launch of Quantum Break) or the flashier side (a la the incredibly smooth, dynamically scaling brilliance of this month's Forza 6 Apex launch on Windows 10).
How do I join the Shaggy clan or company or whatever? Is there hazing involved?
Do you want hazing to be involved?
I think you just request to join and either it auto adds you or someone will have to accept.
The clan has around 15 players, but only myself and SPII play. Hornfan785 broke up with us.
Yeah... I want that sweet Achilles armor and helmet. Need to have a really big and active company to get that, no offense Shaggy company. Here's the link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/s...ies/shaggybevo
Tutorial on how to do some of the crazy jumps the pros do.
back from vacation. will be on some this week.
Lucked into this at the end of a recent arena match.
let me know when y'all degenerates want to get a fireteam together
Football .. OC .. Basketball .. Baseball .. Other Sports .. RC Didn't Offer .. Gamboool
Varsity .. Hole in the Wall .. PCL .. Einstein's .. Nasty's .. GM Steakhouse .. NSAA .. Classics
Bada Bing .. Bernard .. Nerdz .. Can you help me with this? .. Shagslist .. Cloak Room .. Bellmont