+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Baylor Recruiting ... not so great

Drango and Oakman coming back pretty much solidifies that the Big 12 will be a two-horse race again next year. Baylor @ TCU...that's gonna be a bigtime game.

Banned unklphucker unklphucker unklphucker unklphucker unklphucker unklphucker unklphucker unklphucker unklphucker unklphucker unklphucker
    Looks like we'll be returning 18 of 22 starters next year.

Banned shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class
    much love to Def Jam, even though they undershipped me
    Soso and DaMarkus Lodge taking OV's to Baylor sometime next month. I'd love to have either but we need quality CB's.

asshat bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggybearo View Post
    Soso and DaMarkus Lodge taking OV's to Baylor sometime next month. I'd love to have either but we need quality CB's.
    great news. yeah, we need DB's (come on Holton Hill!!), but these 2 guys are must takes, IMO.

asshat RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy's Avatar

bunghole Reptilian grows his own roses Reptilian grows his own roses Reptilian grows his own roses Reptilian grows his own roses Reptilian grows his own roses Reptilian grows his own roses Reptilian grows his own roses Reptilian grows his own roses Reptilian grows his own roses Reptilian grows his own roses Reptilian grows his own roses
    No one does a better job during the dead period than Briles. He and staff scour the college town police blotters like none other. Fully expect a couple highly touted but troubled xfers to 2nd chance U.

Also, Drango returning≥>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Oakman returning. Oak excels against SMU, Lamar, Wofford, etc. Had a nice sack on the first series and spent the rest of the game getting owned by MSU. Very little technique but good at coverage sacks and cheap shottng QBs without getting flagged. Not sure any P5 tackle is losing sleep. If anything it allows them to rest half the snaps.

asshat bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptilian View Post
    No one does a better job during the dead period than Briles. He and staff scour the college town police blotters like none other. Fully expect a couple highly touted but troubled xfers to 2nd chance U.

Also, Drango returning≥>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Oakman returning. Oak excels against SMU, Lamar, Wofford, etc. Had a nice sack on the first series and spent the rest of the game getting owned by MSU. Very little technique but good at coverage sacks and cheap shottng QBs without getting flagged. Not sure any P5 tackle is losing sleep. If anything it allows them to rest half the snaps.
    None of that has anything to do with Baylor recruiting. Don't pollute this board with stupid drivel. If you don't want to read about Baylor stuff, don't click.

Quote Originally Posted by bularry View Post
    None of that has anything to do with Baylor recruiting. Don't pollute this board with stupid drivel. If you don't want to read about Baylor stuff, don't click.
    Lighten up, Francis.

He sounds very baylor right now. cheer up you Alico building top floor party phaggut

Banned Marvin the Martian is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    WR class is looking stout, hope they have the size to compete

asshat UTEX_ME Shaggy Gold Club UTEX_ME Shaggy Gold Club UTEX_ME Shaggy Gold Club UTEX_ME Shaggy Gold Club UTEX_ME Shaggy Gold Club UTEX_ME Shaggy Gold Club UTEX_ME Shaggy Gold Club UTEX_ME Shaggy Gold Club UTEX_ME Shaggy Gold Club UTEX_ME Shaggy Gold Club UTEX_ME Shaggy Gold Club UTEX_ME's Avatar

Alright Baylor posters, what do you make of your NSD 2015?

asshat BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UTEX_ME View Post

Meh, some top end talent, but quite a few projects. We missed on a lot DB's that we need, but I like Houston, Tolbert, and especially Ketchum back there. 2016 is looking really good.

asshat Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn's Avatar
    8 of their 19 commits weren't in the top 75 of their position? Torbush.

Defensive class looks like a dumpster fire but with their offense it might not matter. Their one and only DLineman is a 2 star recruit from Arp, Texas.

Banned shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class
    It's terrible ratings-wise after we missed on every big name recruit on D. Of course, we also lost Chad. Pretty much scrambled to fill the class with a lot of raw prospects. I'll be surprised if all of them pan out.

2016 is going to be THE class. Already have a few elite prospects in the fold to act as leaders for the class and add to the group.

asshat frog Shaggy Gold Club frog Shaggy Gold Club frog Shaggy Gold Club frog Shaggy Gold Club frog Shaggy Gold Club frog Shaggy Gold Club frog Shaggy Gold Club frog Shaggy Gold Club frog Shaggy Gold Club frog Shaggy Gold Club frog Shaggy Gold Club frog's Avatar
    What does #youngbrand mean? Serious question. I guess I'm getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by frog View Post
    Briles started saying that after the Cotton Bowl loss in his very first tweet after the game. I guess it's his way of saying we still have some growing to do to get where we need to be.

asshat BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong's Avatar
    Briles is giddy. I'm giddy.

Then I remember that CPB is still our DC.

Quote Originally Posted by frog View Post
    apparently the kids these days like hashtags and matte grey unis.

But I'm with you.
    Last edited by BearSchlong; 02-04-2015 at 12:53 PM.

Banned DFW Oso DFW Oso DFW Oso DFW Oso DFW Oso DFW Oso DFW Oso DFW Oso DFW Oso DFW Oso DFW Oso
    Quote Originally Posted by BearSchlong View Post
    Briles is giddy. I'm giddy. ......
    I feel the same.
    Briles has made a habit of doing more with less. Whether that means coaching 'em up or finding high desire guys, the recruiting has improved and that should keep things moving in the right direction.

I'm exited to begin poaching your 2016 commits.

Briles started saying that after the Cotton Bowl loss in his very first tweet after the game. I guess it's his way of saying we still have some growing to do to get where we need to be.
    Step 1 should be to stop storming the field after beating teams ranked lower than you

asshat Irwin F Fletcher Shaggy Gold Club Irwin F Fletcher Shaggy Gold Club Irwin F Fletcher Shaggy Gold Club Irwin F Fletcher Shaggy Gold Club Irwin F Fletcher Shaggy Gold Club Irwin F Fletcher Shaggy Gold Club Irwin F Fletcher Shaggy Gold Club Irwin F Fletcher Shaggy Gold Club Irwin F Fletcher Shaggy Gold Club Irwin F Fletcher Shaggy Gold Club Irwin F Fletcher Shaggy Gold Club Irwin F Fletcher's Avatar
    Briles is giddy? This I've got to see. Link?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar88 View Post
    Step 1 should be to stop storming the field after beating teams ranked lower than you
    No, it's okay to storm the field after an exciting and emotional win. $#@! all this act like you've been there $#@! and live that moment.

asshat BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory's Avatar
    Couldn't care less. This isn't tea at Buckingham Palace...let the kids have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by texanbychoice View Post
    I'm exited to begin poaching your 2016 commits.
    We're never going to have the classes that UT has (or at least not on a yearly basis), so we have to keep the schematic and weight room advantage over UT. Unfortunately, Strong doesn't seem like Mack so I don't think we can count on winning 3 of the next 4 in the series. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts though that is for sure.

No, it's okay to storm the field after an exciting and emotional win. $#@! all this act like you've been there $#@! and live that moment.
    You'll probably stop feeling that way once you win something that matters.

You'll probably stop feeling that way once you win something that matters.
    Like the $#@!ing conference? I hate those $#@!s, but overlooking their recent success is regarded.

big xii champion = sec invite runner-up.

advantage aggy.

asshat nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irwin F Fletcher View Post
    Briles is giddy? This I've got to see. Link?
    Here you go. About as personable as he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bevo Num1 View Post
    Like the $#@!ing conference? I hate those $#@!s, but overlooking their recent success is regarded.
    Like a championship, or a big bowl game. Programs that expect to win big, reset their expectations. Baylor hasn't reset their expectations, even Briles knows that, hence the comment.

asshat Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang's Avatar
    just dropped by to say $#@! briles, and $#@! baylor.

sorry to interrupt. Carry on.

Banned unklphucker unklphucker unklphucker unklphucker unklphucker unklphucker unklphucker unklphucker unklphucker unklphucker unklphucker
    Like a championship, or a big bowl game. Programs that expect to win big, reset their expectations. Baylor hasn't reset their expectations, even Briles knows that, hence the comment.
    Your a blind fool if you think that's the case. His goal was not back to back conference championships, it was the chance to play for a national championship. The defense failed in the 4th quarter of the Cotton Bowl and changes were made. We'll see next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bevo Num1 View Post
    They have had a good few years, but it will be more telling to see if they can continue their success when Texas and OUSux are less $#@!ty. Not taking anything away from them at all, btw. They have done more with less since Briles came onboard. Pretty much the opposite of UT.

Banned Dimeslot Dimeslot Dimeslot Dimeslot Dimeslot Dimeslot Dimeslot Dimeslot Dimeslot Dimeslot Dimeslot
    Inaccurate thread title is inaccurate

Banned 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear
    Like that time you celebrated beating lower-ranked Michigan in the Rose Bowl? You probably just sat on your hands and looked down your nose at all that joyousness, right? Too good for that. Let's not have any fun.

Quote Originally Posted by 91Bear View Post
    Like that time you celebrated beating lower-ranked Michigan in the Rose Bowl? You probably just sat on your hands and looked down your nose at all that joyousness, right? Too good for that. Let's not have any fun.
    The fact you are comparing a BCS bowl victory to a regular season game is laughable. I know BCS wins are something you know nothing about.

asshat RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy Shaggy Bronze Club RandomGifGuy's Avatar
    for $#@!ing sakes

asshat TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn's Avatar
    We beat a team in a major bowl game, you wouldn't understand.

Lol. That comeback sounded better in your head didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStrong12 View Post
    The fact you are comparing a BCS bowl victory to a regular season game is laughable. I know BCS wins are something you know nothing about.
    And no one stormed the field after the Rose bowl win either.

Banned 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear
    And no one stormed the field after the Rose bowl win either.
    Of course not. You all are so above that.

It's funny. UT fans have no idea. If you had suffered through the fifteen years of crap we got with Reedy, Roberts, Steele and Morriss, you would be rushing the field too. You can sneer at us if you want to. I couldn't, honestly, care less what entitled UT fans think of my football team.

The TCU game was a great comeback win for us. One of the biggest wins in our history, honestly. Y'all lost to TCU and Baylor last year.
    And you can make fun of us for losing to UCF and Michigan State too. Whatever. You lost to Arkansas.

Hope to see y'all in Waco in December. Drive carefully now.

asshat TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn Probably Shaggy upper class TheRealMcQuinn's Avatar
    I couldn't, honestly, care less what entitled UT fans think of my football team.
    If that was even remotely true you wouldn't be here on a Longhorn forum

I couldn't, honestly, care less what entitled UT fans think of my football team.
    If this were true, you wouldn't be on a Longhorn board talking to Longhorn fans, bringing up comments from 5 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMcQuinn View Post
    If that was even remotely true you wouldn't be here on a Longhorn forum
    haha, you beat me to it.

It's funny. UT fans have no idea. If you had suffered through the fifteen years of crap we got with Reedy, Roberts, Steele and Morriss, you would be rushing the field too. You can sneer at us if you want to. I couldn't, honestly, care less what entitled UT fans think of my football team.

The TCU game was a great comeback win for us. One of the biggest wins in our history, honestly. Y'all lost to TCU and Baylor last year.
    And you can make fun of us for losing to UCF and Michigan State too. Whatever. You lost to Arkansas.

GOT to be joking. These snoopy shorted goons. Please let our crack get here. Get here.

asshat BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF's Avatar

Settle down, new money.

its really not the $#@!ing serious

Quote Originally Posted by BMF View Post
    Settle down, new money.
    Or borrowed time. $#@!s are in their own way tougher to absorb than... holy $#@!... aggy. why/how/ what

asshat Vertigo Probably Shaggy upper class Vertigo Probably Shaggy upper class Vertigo Probably Shaggy upper class Vertigo Probably Shaggy upper class Vertigo Probably Shaggy upper class Vertigo Probably Shaggy upper class Vertigo Probably Shaggy upper class Vertigo Probably Shaggy upper class Vertigo Probably Shaggy upper class Vertigo Probably Shaggy upper class Vertigo Probably Shaggy upper class Vertigo's Avatar
    I am calling my shot now, Baylor will take a step back this year and end up no higher than 3rd in conference. That defensive depth is going to get exposed by quality opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    I am calling my shot now, Baylor will take a step back this year and end up no higher than 3rd in conference. That defensive depth is going to get exposed by quality opponents.
    idk I think they'll be quite good. It will be a tough season though. I suspect everybody except Tech, Iowa State, and Kansas will be very competitive.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast