+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Baylor Recruiting ... not so great

well,, it hard to say TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 91Bear View Post
    Like that time you celebrated beating lower-ranked Michigan in the Rose Bowl? You probably just sat on your hands and looked down your nose at all that joyousness, right? Too good for that. Let's not have any fun.
    Of course not. You all are so above that.

It's funny. UT fans have no idea. If you had suffered through the fifteen years of crap we got with Reedy, Roberts, Steele and Morriss, you would be rushing the field too. You can sneer at us if you want to. I couldn't, honestly, care less what entitled UT fans think of my football team.

The TCU game was a great comeback win for us. One of the biggest wins in our history, honestly. Y'all lost to TCU and Baylor last year.
    And you can make fun of us for losing to UCF and Michigan State too. Whatever. You lost to Arkansas.

Hope to see y'all in Waco in December. Drive carefully now.
    some seriously impressive fail in back to back posts. you've made it clear that you take the internet very personally

asshat Tommy Nobis Shaggy Gold Club Tommy Nobis Shaggy Gold Club Tommy Nobis Shaggy Gold Club Tommy Nobis Shaggy Gold Club Tommy Nobis Shaggy Gold Club Tommy Nobis Shaggy Gold Club Tommy Nobis Shaggy Gold Club Tommy Nobis Shaggy Gold Club Tommy Nobis Shaggy Gold Club Tommy Nobis Shaggy Gold Club Tommy Nobis Shaggy Gold Club Tommy Nobis's Avatar
    I couldn't, honestly, care less what entitled UT fans think of my football team.
    Lol, irony much?

negged

asshat the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto's Avatar

It's funny. UT fans have no idea. If you had suffered through the fifteen years of crap we got with Reedy, Roberts, Steele and Morriss, you would be rushing the field too. You can sneer at us if you want to. I couldn't, honestly, care less what entitled UT fans think of my football team.

The TCU game was a great comeback win for us. One of the biggest wins in our history, honestly. Y'all lost to TCU and Baylor last year.
    And you can make fun of us for losing to UCF and Michigan State too. Whatever. You lost to Arkansas.

Hope to see y'all in Waco in December. Drive carefully now.
    I don't think Reedy was that bad. If i remember correctly he didn't have a losing record but just couldnt seem to beat aggy. He seemed to land good recruits but they couldnt make grades or what not. The shame spiral began with Roberts.

asshat neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44's Avatar
    Only 15?

asshat BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    I am calling my shot now, Baylor will take a step back this year and end up no higher than 3rd in conference. That defensive depth is going to get exposed by quality opponents.
    We're due for a down year, but defensive depth should be the best its ever been especially on the line.

who gives a $#@!? $#@! baylor

asshat bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Message Board User View Post
    It is a Baylor thread for us Baptist out casts.

back to topic, I am generally pleased with the'16 class, but we definitely need 3 more on the DL and I would like another OL prospect but that doesn't seem likely. Gonna be a long 6 months waiting on Duvernay to make a decision.

asshat bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by neonmoon44 View Post
    Only 15?
    Ha, yeah, no $#@!. I guess only 15 years of true sucktitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Message Board User View Post
    It is kind of funny to watch them talk $#@!. They've never done it before and are so bad at it.

well,, it hard to say TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bularry View Post
    It is a Baylor thread for us Baptist out casts.

back to topic, I am generally pleased with the'16 class, but we definitely need 3 more on the DL and I would like another OL prospect but that doesn't seem likely. Gonna be a long 6 months waiting on Duvernay to make a decision.
    I'll save you 6 months, Dev isn't going to Baylor. see now you don't have to worry about it

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGangorDie View Post
    I'll save you 6 months, Dev isn't going to Baylor. see now you don't have to worry about it
    We will see. But to me he would be a luxury.

You certain he is coming to UT?

We will see. But to me he would be a luxury.

You certain he is coming to UT?
    no I doubt he comes to the University of Texas. I'm 100% certain that he's not going to baylor

asshat theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon's Avatar
    Is it fair to say that I think Duverney is more likely going to Texas than Baylor?

Duvernay would already be a Longhorn if we offered his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGangorDie View Post
    no I doubt he comes to the University of Texas. I'm 100% certain that he's not going to baylor
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by theaveragejon View Post
    Is it fair to say that I think Duverney is more likely going to Texas than Baylor?
    Fair to me, I just think it is still up on the air. I think TCU might be involved. I really don't think it is clear where he is leaning.

Banned 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear 91Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisApplewhite View Post
    It is kind of funny to watch them talk $#@!. They've never done it before and are so bad at it.
    Whatever. You just wish you had a game that exciting last season. Or the past few seasons, for that matter.

Whatever. You just wish you had a game that exciting last season. Or the past few seasons, for that matter.
    His point. You are making it.

asshat Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill's Avatar
    Yea, OU and UCLA were real snoozers

bunghole RollingPresidential is a rep whore. RollingPresidential is a rep whore. RollingPresidential is a rep whore. RollingPresidential is a rep whore. RollingPresidential is a rep whore. RollingPresidential is a rep whore. RollingPresidential is a rep whore. RollingPresidential is a rep whore. RollingPresidential is a rep whore. RollingPresidential is a rep whore. RollingPresidential is a rep whore.
    Lots of good Baylor recruiting talk here.

Banned shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class
    much love to Def Jam, even though they undershipped me
    Baylor Recruiting: Better than ever.

/thread

asshat Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete's Avatar
    Living off all my Super Bowl squares winnings!
    That's for sure.

I miss my slutty avatar. Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger's Avatar
    91, do the rest of us BU alums a favor and post less or suck less.

asshat BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggybearo View Post
    Baylor Recruiting: Better than ever.

/thread

so Smoak tweeted yesterday we may take 24 this year. that is more than I expected. anyone a roster nerd and looked to see if that is a number expecting attrition or something? I'm too lazy to put that much thought and effort into it.

how many rapists does Baylor have committed this year? as many in years past? (not that briles would give a $#@!...)

asshat UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow's Avatar
    How many decommit from Baylor? Who are the recruits we'd like to take from them?

From this list:
    http://baylor.247sports.com/Season/2...otball/Commits

I'll take Hudson, Roy, and maybe Arnold. I'd also take Baron Browning. But not sure, why he isn't on that list.

asshat texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UDontKnow View Post
    How many decommit from Baylor? Who are the recruits we'd like to take from them?

From this list:
    http://baylor.247sports.com/Season/2...otball/Commits

I'll take Hudson, Roy, and maybe Arnold. I'd also take Baron Browning. But not sure, why he isn't on that list.
    Browning's a 2017 recruit

Where did shaggybearo go?

asshat texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia's Avatar
    In all honesty, this is the kind of thing a bunch of $#@!y high school boys wouldn't care about at all. Their parents might, but Briles will probably try to be all "I had no idea, just took a chance on a troubled kid, nothing I could do"

asshat UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texifornia View Post
    In all honesty, this is the kind of thing a bunch of $#@!y high school boys wouldn't care about at all. Their parents might, but Briles will probably try to be all "I had no idea, just took a chance on a troubled kid, nothing I could do"
    This situation makes Charlie Strong looks so good without him even trying. And if Strong has to speak, it's his core values, and then let his actions speak further.

There's a real chance Briles loses his job IMO. If he does most of the top tier commits will be looking elsewhere.

asshat Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen Shaggy Silver Club Hefeweizen's Avatar
    I would agree if the Baylor admin has any scruples at all. But I think they are all in on futbol success now. They will ride the Briles train to hell with him.

asshat RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club
    They're not firing Briles unless there is A LOT more evidence that's hasn't gone public yet. It's still Briles word vs Peterson's. We all know who's telling the truth, but there's enough plausible deniability there for Briles to slip by. The admin will stand behind him until there is absolutely no other alternative. A lot of the worst parts of this story will fall on the investigation and the AD's handling of the case. That won't fall on Briles's shoulders directly... one, or multiple people in the admin or AD will just be scapegoated.

Will be interesting to see how much we hear from Chris Petersen on this. If art pisses him off bad enough, this could be a cat fight of epic proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by RabidM View Post
    They're not firing Briles unless there is A LOT more evidence that's hasn't gone public yet. It's still Briles word vs Peterson's. We all know who's telling the truth, but there's enough plausible deniability there for Briles to slip by. The admin will stand behind him until there is absolutely no other alternative. A lot of the worst parts of this story will fall on the investigation and the AD's handling of the case. That won't fall on Briles's shoulders directly... one, or multiple people in the admin or AD will just be scapegoated.
    Yep4

Quote Originally Posted by UDontKnow View Post
    This situation makes Charlie Strong looks so good without him even trying. And if Strong has to speak, it's his core values, and then let his actions speak further.
    Yep. Definitely will help with players who care about their sons. With some it won't matter, but we would not get those guys anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStrong12 View Post
    Where did shaggybearo go?
    he's massaging Briles nutsack. He'll be back once they're scoring 28 points a game regardless of rapey players.

asshat panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club panthercityhorn Shaggy Bronze Club
    Quote Originally Posted by cochamps View Post
    Will be interesting to see how much we hear from Chris Petersen on this. If art pisses him off bad enough, this could be a cat fight of epic proportion.
    Petersen has absolutely nothing to gain by lying about what he told Briles. The coaching brotherhood is not known for throwing each other under the bus in the media, but Petersen has done just that with Briles claiming he had no knowledge of any violence in this transfer's past. And why in the world would a freshman all american defensive end be dismissed from a football team in Boise? That story about him wanting to return home because he was homesick is cya material to the max and bull$#@! detectors all over the country are pegged in the red. The core values espoused by Strong have been enforced ever since he arrived in Austin, while those alleged to be core values at Baylor once again prove to be hollow. History continues to repeat itself in Waco so nobody should be surprised at this outcome or the shameful denial being perpetrated by everyone from Ken Starr, Art Briles, and the entire judicial system in McLennan county.

asshat theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon's Avatar

asshat bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club
    The more interesting thing on that Twitter link is David underwood $#@! talking like a 16 year old. He's the guy that steered Soso away from Tx and is a trainer in DFW. The next lyles

\_(ツ)_/ SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theaveragejon View Post
    what's going on here? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    The more interesting thing on that Twitter link is David underwood $#@! talking like a 16 year old. He's the guy that steered Soso away from Tx and is a trainer in DFW. The next lyles
    Anyone know why that guy hates us so much?

Not sure why the thread got derailed (kidding)!

Briles will be fine and I think all the info that had come out will calm the waters. I think it unlikely we suffer any negative recruiting impact, but that remains to be seen

Anyone know why that guy hates us so much?
    Something to do about his personal recruitment. I think...

bunghole Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop's Avatar
    Not sure why the thread got derailed (kidding)!

Briles will be fine and I think all the info that had come out will calm the waters. I think it unlikely we suffer any negative recruiting impact, but that remains to be seen
    ? What are you talking about? Baylor is getting slammed in national media and people are calling Briles out personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Spindletop View Post
    ? What are you talking about? Baylor is getting slammed in national media and people are calling Briles out personally.
    The storm is passing as more info comes out. The idea Briles was lying has been proven false to me. Not to those on here who want to believe the worst, but that matters little.

The storm is passing as more info comes out. The idea Briles was lying has been proven false to me. Not to those on here who want to believe the worst, but that matters little.
    Hot Baylor take.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStrong12 View Post
    Hot Baylor take.
    Just cause you don't like it doesn't make it any less true.

There are 1,000 posts or more full of hot Longhorn takes on the football board that have no basis in reality. I guess you can go back to those and keep reading them.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast