+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Recruiting Notes: 2018 Edition

asshat BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White Shaggy Platinum BurntOrange&White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyspub View Post
    Mack did move the clock up by offering on Junior Days, but by the time he reached his 'sell-by' date late February wasn't early any more. If I remember correctly, by the end many of the guys who finished at the top of the state rankings weren't even coming to Junior Days and Mack was just inviting guys who were quick commits.
    Your full of $#@!. If you weren't offered at junior day you pretty much weren't going to get an offer. But there is anomalies with that bht generall mack offered way too early took any commitment early and never worked hard to recruit late. Just coast to the finish line.

asshat satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash's Avatar
    Mack did move the clock up by offering on Junior Days, but by the time he reached his 'sell-by' date late February wasn't early any more. If I remember correctly, by the end many of the guys who finished at the top of the state rankings weren't even coming to Junior Days and Mack was just inviting guys who were quick commits.
    Towards the end Mack started going even earlier. This is when he started targeting sophomores for commitable offers at the JUNIOR days. Predictably, the new strategy turned out even worse.

Remember Johnny Shaw? Committed to Texas after sophomore year, proceeded to lose the starting safety position at Orange Stark HS heading into his junior year (to some unranked kid who would up at LA Tech, no less). Hard hitter but zero coverage skills.
    Last edited by satyanash; 06-27-2016 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by satyanash View Post
    Towards the end Mack started going even earlier. This is when he started targeting sophomores for commitable offers at the JUNIOR days. Predictably, the new strategy turned out even worse.
    Mack started offering sophomores in response to other schools doing the same. A few top recruits felt the other schools appreciated them more because they had received earlier offers, and that UT was not as serious because Mack waited until they were juniors. After losing out on a few recruits because of that, Mack started the sophomore offers.

Strong does a much better job of communicating with the kids, letting them know that Texas is still interested even though they haven't received an offer. He also does a better job of letting kids know that an early offer is contingent on the kid continuing to progress on the field and in the classroom.

Quote Originally Posted by BurntOrange&White View Post
    Your full of $#@!. If you weren't offered at junior day you pretty much weren't going to get an offer. But there is anomalies with that bht generall mack offered way too early took any commitment early and never worked hard to recruit late. Just coast to the finish line.
    Not sure what I said is any different from what you are saying. We are talking about early recruiting. At the end it didn't matter if Mack offered at Jr Days or to some pee wee in grade school, he wasn't going to work to find talent much less attract it. By 2014 offering juniors in February wasn't early compared to many other teams who were offering a ton of sophomores.

Remember Johnny Shaw? Committed to Texas after sophomore year, proceeded to lose the starting safety position at Orange Stark HS heading into his junior year (to some unranked kid who would up at LA Tech, no less). Hard hitter but zero coverage skills.
    That is what I am saying. By the end February wasn't early and other schools were offering sophomores. Mack was increasingly behind the curve. The main problem is that Mack wasn't building relationships, but merely offering the chance to come and kiss the ring and join the 'family.' That wasn't working any more and, to top it off, Mack couldn't identify talent which was made even worse when he started pitching offers to sophomores. None of the guys Mack had commitments from as sophomores before he was fired were top HS talent by the time NSD rolled around. Reggie Hemphill dropped to a 3 star based on his senior production and he was the by far the best of the lot.

It is interesting how Strong may be hedging back towards Mack's recruiting style of offer-few, offer-late. Obviously, it would be great if we get to the point where Strong can literally take his pick of the top talent in-state. I trust his evaluations much more than Mack's.
    Strong offers the elite early. Mack offered people he knew would say yes

asshat UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow's Avatar
    Mack's commits remain yes men while Strong's commits become elite.

asshat longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Read somewhere -that I cannot remember- that the Orji parents are Stanford alumni.

asshat UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornfrenzy#1fan View Post
    Read somewhere -that I cannot remember- that the Orji parents are Stanford alumni.
    Well if he gets into Stanford, he'll be one of their top commits. Can't hate and wish him good luck with Obi Eboh.

asshat satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash's Avatar
    New 247Composite rankings are out

Go get 'em, Charlie

asshat Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd's Avatar
    Looks like some good CB prospects along with Safety. 4 OL near top and long ways until next one ( might as well just say 3 with Mathews aggy ). Looks like another thin year at DT, hopefully we land Big Marvin.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer_Fudd View Post
    Looks like some good CB prospects along with Safety. 4 OL near top and long ways until next one ( might as well just say 3 with Mathews aggy ). Looks like another thin year at DT, hopefully we land Big Marvin.
    If the rankings hold right now, this would be a VERY strong class at defensive back. 14 in-state four-star DBs on the list right now.

Right on cue, Perroni CBed five-star Manvel athlete Jalen Preston to A&M.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Perroni
    He's very good friends with Derrick Tucker and loved A&M when he visited recently.

Grabbing BJ Foster, Max Wright and the Moore twins would be a nice start to 2018

Justin Wells ‏@justinwells2424 8h8 hours ago
    2018 Angleton 5-star ATH @nofear_2 will be attending UT's Under the Lights on July 23rd. #HookEm #Believe

http://247sports.com/Player/BJ-Foster-87617

asshat Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLChorn View Post
    Justin Wells ‏@justinwells2424 8h8 hours ago
    2018 Angleton 5-star ATH @nofear_2 will be attending UT's Under the Lights on July 23rd. #HookEm #Believe

http://247sports.com/Player/BJ-Foster-87617
    I saw that Anthony Cook will be at UTL as well ( can't remember who said/where I saw it ATM ).

asshat Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer's Avatar
    That man is richest whose pleasures are the cheapest.
    4 OL near top and long ways until next one ( might as well just say 3 with Mathews aggy ).
    One of the biggest ironies of recruiting is how important it is to get OL recruiting right, and how few of the really good OL in any class appear on the early lists. Thank God we've got a staff that does evaluations now instead of just recruiting by the stars.

asshat tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak has a gigantic e-peen. tokamak's Avatar
    I had a dream last night that Foster committed to us at UTL. I might be spending too much time following recruiting.

How likely is it that Preston plays both basketball and football in college? Is that an important part of his recruitment?

asshat longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Saw a Twitter retweet that BJ Foster apparently has burnt orange Texas Longhorn sheets on his bed. I think he posted a photo or something.

Supposedly he is a big Texas lean. Nice that we have a 5 star that is super high on Texas right from the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfrenzy#1fan View Post
    Saw a Twitter retweet that BJ Foster apparently has burnt orange Texas Longhorn sheets on his bed. I think he posted a photo or something.

Supposedly he is a big Texas lean. Nice that we have a 5 star that is super high on Texas right from the get-go.
    Possible commit watch? He could be our bell cow for 2018 and start pulling in his own guys. Much like Carson and Ehlinger are tryin to do

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Spanish View Post
    Possible commit watch? He could be our bell cow for 2018 and start pulling in his own guys. Much like Carson and Ehlinger are tryin to do
    Keep Quandre working it.

asshat GRHorn Shaggy Bronze Club GRHorn Shaggy Bronze Club GRHorn Shaggy Bronze Club GRHorn Shaggy Bronze Club GRHorn Shaggy Bronze Club GRHorn Shaggy Bronze Club GRHorn Shaggy Bronze Club GRHorn Shaggy Bronze Club GRHorn Shaggy Bronze Club GRHorn Shaggy Bronze Club GRHorn Shaggy Bronze Club GRHorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Spanish View Post
    I remember a while back seeing one of the Angleton coaches tweet at Vance maybe saying hey we got some ballers here. Perhaps they favor UT.

asshat Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim's Avatar
    Only a coward laments over a past unlived.
    247: 2018 name to watch Silas Robinson

Legacy. His dad played at UT and says if Charlie offers, he'll commit. I'm biased here but I hope he steps his game up and gets that offer

Quote Originally Posted by Fillmore Slim View Post
    247: 2018 name to watch Silas Robinson

Legacy. His dad played at UT and says if Charlie offers, he'll commit. I'm biased here but I hope he steps his game up and gets that offer
    I always wonder if it helps or hurts kids when they say this. On the one hand, if they're really close to an offer, staffs may see this as tipping them over the edge. On the other hand, if they know this, then they can likely circle back to a player after targeting higher rated players.

Any 2018 guys other than Foster and Cook confirmed for UTL? Wouldn't hurt if some of the top OL for 18' made an appearance.

asshat texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia's Avatar
    Any 2018 guys other than Foster and Cook confirmed for UTL? Wouldn't hurt if some of the top OL for 18' made an appearance.
    Joshua Moore just confirmed

EDIT: And so did Jordan. $#@! off, Okie Lite.
    Last edited by texifornia; 07-05-2016 at 12:22 PM.

asshat Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TxHorns989 View Post
    I always wonder if it helps or hurts kids when they say this. On the one hand, if they're really close to an offer, staffs may see this as tipping them over the edge. On the other hand, if they know this, then they can likely circle back to a player after targeting higher rated players.
    I'm pretty sure Charlie WILL target higher rated players. Silas will have to step his game up big time to get an offer imo but if the offer ever comes he's going to jump on it. His is a burnt orange house, just like mine. I'd probably say the same $#@!

I don't usually ask for info but does anybody have this?

http://texas.247sports.com/Article/T...nson--46085543

PM Derka....I mean PM satyanash.

Spoiler!

...actually pm'd satyanash

asshat Reese Bennett might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Reese Bennett might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Reese Bennett might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Reese Bennett might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Reese Bennett might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Reese Bennett might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Reese Bennett might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Reese Bennett might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Reese Bennett might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Reese Bennett might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Reese Bennett might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Reese Bennett's Avatar
    Spoiler!
    I like big deep snappers.

Quote Originally Posted by Reese Bennett View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Reese Bennett View Post
    Agreed. He's an intriguing prospect--definitely one to track closely over his senior year. I'll go out on a limb and guess that if he ends up being a take, he'll be a RS that eventually provides depth at the OT.

Jeff Howe: Tidbits on several Texas targets from the Deion Sanders Prime21 camp

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Howe
    The talent from the state of Louisiana at this event was nuts. Looks to be a great year at WR and DB in Da Boot in 2018. LSU CB commit Kelvin Joseph is going to be our MVP from the camp, but Al Blades Jr. was extremely impressive. Definitely brought some skill and some South Florida swagger to the field today. We'll have more from this event, but understand that Spencer Sanders and Tanner Mordecai are two guys I'm told Texas likes a lot at quarterback. Both looked the part today with Sanders taking home the QB MVP honors. I'm not certain Jalen Mayden will be in that mix. I think Sanders and Mordecai are standing out at this time. Sanders has some JT Barrett in him from personality/intangibles standpoint.

Is Verone McKinney on the radar for Texas? Any visits scheduled?

Taylor Hamm: Elite 2018 CB Verone McKinley III has high interest in A&M

Spoiler!

I see Hamm is stating their BBQ is the 23rd, as is under the lights. Is he one of our supposed visitors? Will be interesting to see the turnout at both places. Hamm has built this up to Aggy but for the most part Hines is the only 1 I have seen say he was headed to collieville instead of Austin.

asshat texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dondrysdale1 View Post
    Is Verone McKinney on the radar for Texas? Any visits scheduled?
    He's on the radar - he was at our Dallas satellite camp. He'll probably pick up an offer soonish.

Horns247 Nightly Notes: Jordan Moore sets decision date

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by E.J. Holland
    I'm a little surprised Moore is waiting a year from now to make things official. Everything still looks really great for Texas.

Andrew King ‏@Andrew_TFB 9h9 hours ago
    Elite 2018 Steele (TX) DB Caden Sterns (@lil_STERNS2) plans to attend #Texas Under the Lights camp on the 23rd. @SuperK_TFB

Looks like TCU didn't offer the Moore brothers at the camp they held yesterday. TCU mod said their 40 and vertical weren't impressive.

E.J. Holland: Clayton Tune on UT's radar after camp

Spoiler!

E.J. Holland: Clayton Tune on UT's radar after camp

Spoiler!
    Mordecai and Tune are seeing their stock slowly rise with the coaching staff...what happened with Mayden?

Quote Originally Posted by UDontKnow View Post
    Mordecai and Tune are seeing their stock slowly rise with the coaching staff...what happened with Mayden?
    I believe Gilbert finally got a chance to see him in action, and has decided to check out some other options.

asshat UT Lawnghorn Shaggy Bronze Club UT Lawnghorn Shaggy Bronze Club UT Lawnghorn Shaggy Bronze Club UT Lawnghorn Shaggy Bronze Club UT Lawnghorn Shaggy Bronze Club UT Lawnghorn Shaggy Bronze Club UT Lawnghorn Shaggy Bronze Club UT Lawnghorn Shaggy Bronze Club UT Lawnghorn Shaggy Bronze Club UT Lawnghorn Shaggy Bronze Club UT Lawnghorn Shaggy Bronze Club UT Lawnghorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UDontKnow View Post
    Mayden's pretty raw as a passer. He's basically all potential at this point because he can run and has a big frame. I'm not convinced that he's the best we can do in the 18 class, which is somewhat unfortunate because he loves UT and would help get the rest of the Sachse kids to come here.

Looks like TCU didn't offer the Moore brothers at the camp they held yesterday. TCU mod said their 40 and vertical weren't impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clark
    No offers for the Moore brothers. Jordan ran a 4.67...Josh ran a 4.72. But both looked good in 1on1's. IMO, they needed to run better than that. I don't think either one will get offered. They might, but I would be surprised if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I believe Gilbert finally got a chance to see him in action, and has decided to check out some other options.
    It's cool that Strong is giving him nearly free range to go about his work with the offense including recruiting. Can't complain that Gilbert is doing his due diligence and not anointing the first JAG that wants to commit.

Quote Originally Posted by UT Lawnghorn View Post
    Mayden's pretty raw as a passer. He's basically all potential at this point because he can run and has a big frame. I'm not convinced that he's the best we can do in the 18 class, which is somewhat unfortunate because he loves UT and would help get the rest of the Sachse kids to come here.
    I'll trust in Gilbert. But 2018 is the year to take a gamble on a project. I firmly believe that Ehlinger will not redshirt because not only does he have the skills to come in and push Buechele (who I believe will be the incumbent for 2017), but our QB depth is pretty $#@!ty otherwise. In 2018, there will be JR Buechele and SO Ehlinger. The coaching staff will have the luxury of redshirting Mayden.

Mayden would definitely be helpful for the Sachse pipeline and it definitely wouldn't be the first time that we took a commit from Sachse to ensure another commit. Mayden has the power to bring at least 3-4 more commits from Sachse.

Those are underwhelming numbers, but don't 40 times go up a decent amount from jr to sr year?

Quote Originally Posted by Bevo14 View Post
    Those are underwhelming numbers, but don't 40 times go up a decent amount from jr to sr year?
    It was a TCU camp. They may not have been giving it their all. Notice how he says they looked good in 1v1s.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 7 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast