+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 431 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,050 of 21530

Thread: Fire Charlie

asshat Newy25 Shaggy Bronze Club Newy25 Shaggy Bronze Club Newy25 Shaggy Bronze Club Newy25 Shaggy Bronze Club Newy25 Shaggy Bronze Club Newy25 Shaggy Bronze Club Newy25 Shaggy Bronze Club Newy25 Shaggy Bronze Club Newy25 Shaggy Bronze Club Newy25 Shaggy Bronze Club Newy25 Shaggy Bronze Club
    Quote Originally Posted by danger_snax_ View Post
    Few of those weren't as close as score - 10 points against a Tech Defense, etc. Shoulda stuck with didn't look good, 'cause they didnt. They looked like the team that would be right in there with Kansas and Iowa State (what ended up being the case) year in year out, occasional mid pack finishes. It's what they looked like- remember it the way I do because I was disappointed their success wasn't going to translate, wanted the 'upgrade' (re aggy) to be real.

Changed The Offense and Boom. Here they are. No reason we can't have an equally pleasing bounce.

You simply remembered incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by nunna yo bizness View Post
    Umm, I agree with that, and that's my point. After 2 full recruiting classes and in his third full year of the program we should have the expectation that we are in contention for the conference championship going into the last regular season game. That would almost certainly mean winning 9 games. No matter how bad this season goes or what next year's schedule looks like, that should not be an excuse for mediocrity next year at a point when it's reasonable to expect the program to be competing for the conference.

I'm not advocating firing Charlie now or even this year, but there have to be some real expectations that come with next year, and not some feel good answer of "we're better than last year" or "we're trending up".
    Everyone should keep in mind, CS only has ONE recruiting class here. He was signed to the job 4 weeks before national signing day and had to scramble to keep most of Mack's last class and a few guys he could pull. The timing of his hiring is almost always overlooked.

asshat BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB's Avatar
    Things were bleak as all hell for TCU at 4-8. The narrative was actually Oh $#@!, Frogs playing with the big boys now can only hope for middle Big 12 team. They looked terrible, and lost badly.

I guess we just have differing opinions of what "losing badly" means.
    In our past 21 games we have lost 12, 8 of which I would consider "badly". 21 points or more. 2 of those being shutouts.
    This season 3 of our 5 losses have been by 35, 43, and 24 points. And it's not just the how, but the who in the latest loss.

TCU did have a 4-8 season, 10, 10, 3, 3, 3, 2, 14, and a 23 pt blowout courtesy of us.

I will give you that we SHOULD be able to out recruit TCU any day of the week. Should. Not certain we have that luxury here and now. We will see in February, and hope to hell CS has some rabbits he can pull out of his hat again. A whole cage full I hope.

Banned shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class
    much love to Def Jam, even though they undershipped me
    there is no way that TCU team is comparable to this Texas team.

That Texas Tech game featured several controversial calls and they were decimated by injuries for most of the year. The only game they weren't in was that weird Texas game with the ridiculous weather delay. They basically giftwrapped Baylor the game with 3 timely interceptions, two of them pick 6's.

Still the unluckiest team I've had the glee of watching.

Banned jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggybearo View Post
    there is no way that TCU team is comparable to this Texas team.

That Texas Tech game featured several controversial calls and they were decimated by injuries for most of the year. The only game they weren't in was that weird Texas game with the ridiculous weather delay. They basically giftwrapped Baylor the game with 3 timely interceptions, two of them pick 6's.

Still the unluckiest team I've had the glee of watching.
    It's almost as if you didn't watch Texas play Cal and OSU.

asshat BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB's Avatar
    Few of those weren't as close as score - 10 points against a Tech Defense, etc. Shoulda stuck with didn't look good, 'cause they didnt. They looked like the team that would be right in there with Kansas and Iowa State (what ended up being the case) year in year out, occasional mid pack finishes. It's what they looked like- remember it the way I do because I was disappointed their success wasn't going to translate, wanted the 'upgrade' (re aggy) to be real.

Changed The Offense and Boom. Here they are. No reason we can't have an equally pleasing bounce.

We need an OC and an offense, that's a given. If we go out and get someone who can coach and gameplan, we will be ok next year. The problem I am struggling with is that after 59 yards and a cloud of dust I hung my hat on the fact that at least Watson was gone and Swoopes had seen his last start, that this season we would start to see improvement.
    Then ND happened, there's Watson and Swoopes picking up right where we left off, and CS was surprised because he, like the rest of us, was expecting something different. That's not a huge confidence builder. Demoting your OC and QB after game 1 is stupid on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjazz View Post
    You're right, which is why I personally am ok with CS being here next year (not that what I care about matters). OSU was a travesty like I have never seen and that game was ours. Take those 2 games and we are 5-3 with 3 really bad losses and a real WTF about ISU. But the direction is not so much in question. I do have to say that the absolute cluster$#@! of an offense would still have me pissed off, but it just wouldn't be so bad knowing we are headed to a bowl and quite possibly win 3 of our next 4 games.
    After yesterday and our other blowout losses, and our record, and our complete lack of a coherent offense, im back to wondering if we will win another game this year outside of KU. Our expectations are supposed to be rising, not falling.
    The thing is, CS is the 3rd highest paid coach in football, and I guarantee you he isn't just taking that for granted. He is pissed, he knows this sucks and we have to get better, so will he make the moves to make it happen? I sure hope so because the alternative is to suck for several more years at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckinmn View Post
    I'm not at liberty to reveal the new AD, but his son plays football. In the AFC. On offense. Skill position. Rhymes with a waterfowl or a slang word for sexual intercourse. I'd say more but I'm sworn to secrecy.
    Manning doesn't really rhyme with handjob or Mallard, but I like the way you think.

Banned HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club HornDrunk Shaggy Bronze Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normous View Post
    Hey guys, TCU turned into a monster after a 4 win season.

Don't worry, about a thing, cuz every little thing, gonna be alright. This is my message to you.

Banned shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class shaggybearo Probably Shaggy upper class
    much love to Def Jam, even though they undershipped me
    osu QB went full retard.

Cal game, that's a hard one. Weird things happen sometimes and you know the defense they were playing at the end wasn't worth a $#@! when Heard accumulated 300+ passing yards. They thought they had it in the bag with time left.

I don't feel "bad" for this team like I felt for TCU, that team and head coach (spit) had no business being 4-8 and the next year bore it out. There is simply no identity on offense and no attempt at cohesiveness within the current constraints, it just makes for horrific watching even to a bystander.

asshat satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? satyanash's Avatar
    Breakdown of the OL performance from former Longhorn Dan Neil. Let's just say it ain't pretty.

Spoiler!

asshat BrothaHorn Shaggy Platinum BrothaHorn Shaggy Platinum BrothaHorn Shaggy Platinum BrothaHorn Shaggy Platinum BrothaHorn Shaggy Platinum BrothaHorn Shaggy Platinum BrothaHorn Shaggy Platinum BrothaHorn Shaggy Platinum BrothaHorn Shaggy Platinum BrothaHorn Shaggy Platinum BrothaHorn Shaggy Platinum BrothaHorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TUTigerHorn View Post
    Everyone should keep in mind, CS only has ONE recruiting class here. He was signed to the job 4 weeks before national signing day and had to scramble to keep most of Mack's last class and a few guys he could pull. The timing of his hiring is almost always overlooked.
    Which is why I'm looking at 2018(if we get that far). HIS guys will be seniors and Mack's leftovers will be gone. If Cholly is who we think(hope), $#@! will be okay.

He'll probably just load up on some high ranking retards who can't actually get in to make all the recruiting guys jizz their pants. Again.

asshat maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrothaHorn View Post
    Which is why I'm looking at 2018(if we get that far). HIS guys will be seniors and Mack's leftovers will be gone. If Cholly is who we think(hope), $#@! will be okay.
    He still needs to do better. Getting your guys in is one thing, which by the way he's going to struggle with when he's producing crap, but when you can't coach up the guys that are here any better than the last guy who was fired that doesn't bode well for your future.

Banned jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class jimmyjazz Probably Shaggy upper class
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggybearo View Post
    osu QB went full retard.

Cal game, that's a hard one. Weird things happen sometimes and you know the defense they were playing at the end wasn't worth a $#@! when Heard accumulated 300+ passing yards. They thought they had it in the bag with time left.
    I $#@!ing love how people rationalize away so many of our game results. "OSU QB went full retard." "Cal defense quit." "OU was a rivalry game."

Got it.

asshat Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak's Avatar
    I $#@!ing love how people rationalize away so many of our game results. "OSU QB went full retard." "Cal defense quit." "OU was a rivalry game."

Got it.
    How do you rationalize TCU, Arky, ND, TCU, ISU - 5 of the most lopsided games in program history? How to you rationalize our 21 straight poor 3rd quarter performances? How do you rationalize 0-11 when not scoring first? How do you rationalize the incredibly terrible special teams play for 21 games?

I'll hang up and listen...

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbreak View Post
    How do you rationalize TCU, Arky, ND, TCU, ISU - 5 of the most lopsided games in program history? How to you rationalize our 21 straight poor 3rd quarter performances? How do you rationalize 0-11 when not scoring first? How do you rationalize the incredibly terrible special teams play for 21 games?

That's easy . . . I don't rationalize them. With me so far? If those are so bad then there should be no need to rationalize away the games where we actually performed well against good (or better than good) teams, but the typical Texas fan just can't help himself. Everything has to be 100% awful or some of you bastards aren't happy. $#@! that.

asshat Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastbreak View Post

Not crossing the 50 until the final minute of the game against a dumpster fire ISU team is the most inexplicable of them all. I think that's why a small handful of Charlie's big supporters on this board are finally wavering. This was the first time we got completely embarrassed by a really $#@!ty team with less talent than us. If you can't see that we played way over our heads against OU than I don't know what to tell you. In no other game under Strong have we come close to playing that physical on the lines. If only we brought that play every week, we'd be cooking with gas. It's like trying to explain how Case McCoy beat them.

And you know that OU is the outlier going forward . . . how exactly?

asshat Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normous View Post
    This is the problem. Most of the Strong defenders here are so convinced that they've got their finger on the pulse of this program and that they're smarter than everyone else but they don't realize that the most important thing is perception. The perception both nationally and within the state is that we hired the wrong guy and he's not cut out for this job. He's breaking every record of ineptitude he can. Our recruiting class last year has turned out pretty damn good so far but I wouldn't say it's better than A&M's and it definitely won't be better this next year. $#@!'s getting worse, not better.

The same people that go on and on about how great of a man Strong is are the ones that would rather cut off their tongue than give the slightest bit of praise for what Mack did for this program.
    Literally every sentence you've written here is wrong.

1. This is not the problem. Perception is based entirely on wins. Wins do not come from perception.
    2. This has nothing to do with me being smarter; it has to do with people who actually know football and who have succeeded at it describing, in repeatable detail, what is wrong with the program now (NOT Charlie) and what Charlie has done in the past that is right. And again, perception doesn't win football games.
    3. No, the perception is that our fanbase is too full of people with too much money and influence and not enough brains to give Charlie the time necessary to turn the ship around. This thread is pretty much proof of that.
    4. He didn't break Mack Brown's record of ineptitude against OU. He didn't even take 4th place. He's also failed to break a great many other records of ineptitude. In fact, in the one full recruiting season he's had, he beat most of "Coach February's" results.
    5. This is speculation, and it's not even good speculation.
    6. The problems are getting fixed. Things are getting better. It's just that this was never going to be a one or two year rebuild.
    7. I've always had nice things to say about Mack. I did even to a fault. I had nice things to say about Mackovic, too.

You, and everyone who believes this, should just kill yourselves. That's it. That's my proposal. Kill yourself. Go jump on a sword. Take a long walk off a short pier. Drink raw battery acid. Shoot yourself in the head with a 16" gun from a naval vessel. The reason I suggest this is it's the only real solution to the "national perception" problem: The big-money dumbfucks who know nearly nothing about how football works and have no patience are going to end up giving Strong's successor a gift-wrapped program, while Strong walks off with none of the credit for his work.

You, people who agree with you, this thread... is stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Just pure stupid wrapped up in an echo chamber of stupid.

A 4 win season is fine if the potential for improvement looks there, and it looks like a corner may be turned soon. My thing with Charlie Strong is that it not only doesn't look like there is potential improvement coming, but it also looks like there's going to be future regression. For the 2016 class we are currently being out-crooted by both Houston and SMU. For the people who say "crooting rankings mean nothing", sure, there's probably not much difference between 1 and 10, but you can recruit in the 50's and be competitive, ever.

The play calling, the locker room issues, the recruiting. It all points in one direction, and while I never would advocate ditching a coach after 2 seasons, if a Coach hasn't shown positive movement by this point, he's probably not going to, and it's better to just bite the bullet and remove the problem rather than just continue letting it bleed for a few years and praying it will get better when the signs point to the opposite.

You guys laugh at Hugh Freeze, and I'm not saying he's a good coach. But even that guy took a 2-10 Ole Miss team in 2012, and made them bowl eligible in the SEC his first year. If Freeze can do that at Ole Miss, even a respectable coach could do that at Texas in this baby soft conference.

Quote Originally Posted by King Bevo View Post
    A 4 win season is fine if the potential for improvement looks there, and it looks like a corner may be turned soon. My thing with Charlie Strong is that it not only doesn't look like there is potential improvement coming, but it also looks like there's going to be future regression. For the 2016 class we are currently being out-crooted by both Houston and SMU. For the people who say "crooting rankings mean nothing", sure, there's probably not much difference between 1 and 10, but you can recruit in the 50's and be competitive, ever.

The play calling, the locker room issues, the recruiting. It all points in one direction, and while I never would advocate ditching a coach after 2 seasons, if a Coach hasn't shown positive movement by this point, he's probably not going to, and it's better to just bite the bullet and remove the problem rather than just continue letting it bleed for a few years and praying it will get better when the signs point to the opposite.

You guys laugh at Hugh Freeze, and I'm not saying he's a good coach. But even that guy took a 2-10 Ole Miss team in 2012, and made them bowl eligible in the SEC his first year. If Freeze can do that at Ole Miss, even a respectable coach could do that at Texas in this baby soft conference.
    Sometimes the preacher tells the truth and it hurts.

Bipolar Schizophrenic Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20's Avatar
    Hugh Freeze gets $4.5 million and Ole Miss will gladly give him a contract extension/pay raise after this season. (Despite their laughable loss to Memphis)

asshat 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class
    And you know that OU is the outlier going forward . . . how exactly?
    shirley youre joking

asshat WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex's Avatar
    contributing to wrong and oppression and bad things
    Quote Originally Posted by King Bevo View Post
    You guys laugh at Hugh Freeze, and I'm not saying he's a good coach. But even that guy took a 2-10 Ole Miss team in 2012, and made them bowl eligible in the SEC his first year.
    One, you're buying into the myth that the SEC is an epic struggle.

Two, Charlie doesn't have any of Mississippi's extracurricular recruiting tactics at his disposal.

Shaggy Goon MissingInAction Definitely Shaggy upper class MissingInAction Definitely Shaggy upper class MissingInAction Definitely Shaggy upper class MissingInAction Definitely Shaggy upper class MissingInAction Definitely Shaggy upper class MissingInAction Definitely Shaggy upper class MissingInAction Definitely Shaggy upper class MissingInAction Definitely Shaggy upper class MissingInAction Definitely Shaggy upper class MissingInAction Definitely Shaggy upper class MissingInAction Definitely Shaggy upper class MissingInAction's Avatar
    It's a god damn $#@! show. Burn it to the ground.

Unfortunately, the Charlie hire is looking like another Patterson $#@! up. Crossing my fingers on Shaka.

Banned The Ministry The Ministry The Ministry The Ministry The Ministry The Ministry The Ministry The Ministry The Ministry The Ministry The Ministry
    I'm starting to think Strong leaves on his own after the season is over. Miami or South Carolina. I really believe he goes.

asshat Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ministry View Post
    I'm starting to think Strong leaves on his own after the season is over. Miami or South Carolina. I really believe he goes.
    He has 5 million reasons to stay +buyout money. He isn't leaving on his own.

asshat BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn's Avatar
    Can you blame him? He walked into a complete dumpster fire. The players are bad and aren't doing anything to make themselves better. His assistant coaches are terrible and bickering. 2016 recruiting is in the toilet. The fans are disgruntled. Our opponents are good and don't just let us beat them. Basically, nobody is doing anything to allow Coach Strong to succeed here.

But he'll stick around and get it turned around in the 14 year time frame he told us he needs to fix the mess Mack Brown left for him. Because Coach Strong is doing all the right things. ALL OF THEM.
    Last edited by BrickHorn; 11-02-2015 at 09:46 AM.

Certified Uncle Tom Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro's Avatar
    Before Saturday's loss, I would say this is a dumb comment.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

I get the feeling Stronghorns is the type of guy who doesn't run away from something like this as he doesn't want to be seen as a failure, etc. Granted I'm making that assumption based on nothing really.

asshat Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHorn View Post
    Can you blame him? He walked into a complete dumpster fire. The players are bad and aren't doing anything to make themselves better. His assistant coaches are terrible and bickering. 2016 recruiting is in the toilet. The fans are disgruntled. Our opponents are good and don't just let us beat them. Basically, nobody is doing anything to allow Coach Strong to succeed here.

But he'll stick around and get it turned around in the 14 year time frame he told us he needs to fix the mess Mack Brown left for him. Because Coach Strong is doing all the right things. ALL OF THEM.
    Dude. Thanks for breaking my sarcasm meter.

asshat phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn's Avatar
    On the other hand, Charlie strike me as the kind of guy who WOULD leave because he would say "I can't turn this around." He's pretty transparent and up front about his strengths and weaknesses.

Of course I don't think he's going to leave, but his comments after terrible losses indicate that he really doesn't have a grip on what's going on. He said he thought they'd turned the corner and now he doesn't know what to think. Not very encouraging. Plus players aren't developing worth a $#@!, again. If it gets all too tough, I think he'll leave where he feels more at home and willingly so. But not before next year... if he doesn't get canned first.

asshat Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt's Avatar
    IF strong left, it would certainly make all the 'things are getting better you're just too stupid to see it' pumpers look foolish. that said, i just don't see him giving up on this project. just doesn't seem to be in his DNA to quit. on the flip side, if he truly believes he can't get this thing fixed now would be the time to pull the rip cord.

asshat BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phdhorn View Post
    Plus players aren't developing worth a $#@!, again.
    Yep. Definitely can't blame a coach if his players just aren't developing.

Yep. Definitely can't blame a coach if his players just aren't developing.
    Dude. We get it.

hay guys why don't we hire muschamp diaz major malzahn morris herman hes super good right
    Last edited by Michael Knight; 11-02-2015 at 10:23 AM.

asshat South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin's Avatar
    I still don't think that will happen because it would amount to Charlie throwing up his hands and saying "I quit," which I really don't believe is in his DNA. But I'm not going to say you're crazy for thinking otherwise.

asshat nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoooTex View Post
    One, you're buying into the myth that the SEC is an epic struggle.

Two, Charlie doesn't have any of Mississippi's extracurricular recruiting tactics at his disposal.
    Actually he does. We've just always chose not to use them here.

asshat WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex's Avatar
    contributing to wrong and oppression and bad things
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Knight View Post
    hay guys why don't we hire muschamp diaz major malzahn morris herman hes super good right
    you are going to look like an idiot in five years when Herman coaches a top tier program into the playoff

asshat Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    you are going to look like an idiot in five years when Herman coaches a top tier program into the playoff
    I hope it is Texas.

asshat South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin's Avatar
    you are going to look like an idiot in five years when Herman coaches a top tier program Texas into the playoff
    Might as well guys. First round's on me.

asshat aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08's Avatar
    Man, if I had a dollar for every time I left a prestigious $5M job for a 2nd tier operation that could only pay me $3M...

Dude. We get it.
    No. I'm pretty sure you don't.

Not that I think Herman is a bad coach at all, but there is something very funny about UT fans clamoring for a coach that was mentored by GDGD.

Banned The Ministry The Ministry The Ministry The Ministry The Ministry The Ministry The Ministry The Ministry The Ministry The Ministry The Ministry
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie08 View Post
    Man, if I had a dollar for every time I left a prestigious $5M job for a 2nd tier operation that could only pay me $3M...
    How about if you had a dollar for every hopeless situation you cut bait on?

The peace of mind itself is worth $2 million.

asshat Vito Andolini Shaggy Silver Club Vito Andolini Shaggy Silver Club Vito Andolini Shaggy Silver Club Vito Andolini Shaggy Silver Club Vito Andolini Shaggy Silver Club Vito Andolini Shaggy Silver Club Vito Andolini Shaggy Silver Club Vito Andolini Shaggy Silver Club Vito Andolini Shaggy Silver Club Vito Andolini Shaggy Silver Club Vito Andolini Shaggy Silver Club Vito Andolini's Avatar
    You'd have zero dollars. Or $3M. Or is it $5M? $8M? $#@!, I not good at the maths.

asshat Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy's Avatar
    Yet another mouth-breather who cannot see beyond yesterday. By your definition, any team that experiences a loss, EVER, is on a downward trajectory. Just burn your $#@!ing diploma if you have one.
    Are all losses shutouts against perennial bottom dwellers? If so then yes all losses would qualify as trending downward

asshat Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy Probably Shaggy upper class Juicy's Avatar
    No. I'm pretty sure you don't.
    JJ is pretty much the definition of apologist

Quiet you!

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 101 of 431 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 151 201 ... LastLast