+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 431 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Charlie

asshat YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu's Avatar
    guitar starts spinning, rock and roll starts winning
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulaw Horn View Post
    I think this post seriously overstates how bad we are. I think 4 wins is an absolute floor. We are not losing to rice. That's just not going to happen. We aren't losing to Kansas. We probably aren't losing to Isu or Tech. We will probably win at least one and likely 2 of the group of cal, ok state, kstate, wvu, and Oklahoma. We get our $#@! pushed in by Baylor and tcu. That's somewhere between 5 and 7 wins. 4 worst case. If we lose to rice I will drive the moving truck myself.

We're back baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kramer View Post
    Pretty simple. You say, "If you go 3-9 here, you're gone. By the way, note we just axed our AD, largely because he didn't build any consensus with the hire. He just unilaterally did it, intentionally shutting us out. We are involved now, as demonstrated by the fact that I'm talking to you now. You're an offensive coach, and that's good. By the way, don't go 3-9. Here's a four year contract that's worth $20 million, in case you do lose, and we fire you. We bet that that amount of money, and the challenge of coaching at what was once the top coaching job is enough to overcome the fact that we axed Charlie early, even though he was an utter regression from Mack. That should be obvious to everyone in the country, but here's $20MM anyway for your trouble."
    You want the boosters in charge of the university? That's swell

asshat Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSchoolProf View Post
    "Here's $5 million. If you take a meddling, mediocre team and make it terrible, we will terminate your contract."
    Middling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullneck View Post
    Middling.
    We woulda won if it wasn't for those meddling kids

Quote Originally Posted by Wulaw Horn View Post
    I think this post seriously overstates how bad we are. I think 4 wins is an absolute floor. We are not losing to rice. That's just not going to happen. We aren't losing to Kansas. We probably aren't losing to Isu or Tech. We will probably win at least one and likely 2 of the group of cal, ok state, kstate, wvu, and Oklahoma. We get our $#@! pushed in by Baylor and tcu. That's somewhere between 5 and 7 wins. 4 worst case. If we lose to rice I will drive the moving truck myself.
    Just wait till the Cal game. If Dykes hangs 60 on the Horns, the season is over. We have no shot whatsoever to upset teams we have no business beating (ND, OU, TCU, Baylor) but we should be competitive against teams like Cal, WVa, Okie Light that can light up our secondary.

This offense will never score more than 21 points against any team other than Rice and maybe Kansas. I think we get swept by the higher octane offensive teams simply because Texas can't hang with any team in a track meet. If the problems in the secondary aren't worked out by the Cal game, 5 wins is a dream. Tech will crush Texas if the secondary plays anything like yesterday.

Realistically, Texas has at least 5 more game this season where they lose by better than three touchdowns.

I'm ok with giving Coach Strong another year to rebuild, but not if he refuses to jettison what weighs us down. I don't think Watson survives another single digit score, nor should he.

asshat Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek's Avatar
    The problem I see is that this OC has never fielded a team this bad. Why are we seeing this again? Why are the Florida players the only ones that look like they aren't new to the game?

asshat Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Knight View Post
    We woulda won if it wasn't for those meddling kids
    You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    I'm reloading for ORDBuckeye (remember him? From back in the old days of off season hurt feelings?)

asshat BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf's Avatar
    Middling.
    I got it mostly right, for all intensive purposes.

asshat BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Float View Post
    Absolutely agree
    The last guy went 8-5 with a MNC and got fired, and we had a line out the door of people looking to cash large checks. Think what you will, but there was an open checkbook for coordinators and if someone like Morris at $1.5M happened to be your flavor, then the money was there. We got Watson.. McCombs was pushing Gruden and another faction was going after Saban for a hefty sum more than he makes, and even when they didn't get their way the money pipeline wasn't cut off.

People aren't blind to what a good coaching hire can do for a wallowing team, see OU, tOSU, LSU, USC, UF, UT, Bama, AU, FSU, tOSU.
    Look how many top teams were on the skids, made good hires, and within 2 years were competing or winning at the highest level. Absolutely there were a few teams stacked by their predecessor like Miles at LSU, or Meyer at tOSU. But damn, most of them were bad coaches replaced by good coaches, who brought in good coordinators and had an immediate impact.

Many here relayed the saving grace that was our last 2 games last season, "at least we won't see Swoopes start another game." Guess what? We know what to expect on offense this season with the combo of Swoopes and Watson, and it's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    The last guy went 8-5 with a MNC and got fired, and we had a line out the door of people looking to cash large checks. Think what you will, but there was an open checkbook for coordinators and if someone like Morris at $1.5M happened to be your flavor, then the money was there. We got Watson.. McCombs was pushing Gruden and another faction was going after Saban for a hefty sum more than he makes, and even when they didn't get their way the money pipeline wasn't cut off.

People aren't blind to what a good coaching hire can do for a wallowing team, see OU, tOSU, LSU, USC, UF, UT, Bama, AU, FSU, tOSU.
    Look how many top teams were on the skids, made good hires, and within 2 years were competing or winning at the highest level. Absolutely there were a few teams stacked by their predecessor like Miles at LSU, or Meyer at tOSU. But damn, most of them were bad coaches replaced by good coaches, who brought in good coordinators and had an immediate impact.

Many here relayed the saving grace that was our last 2 games last season, "at least we won't see Swoopes start another game." Guess what? We know what to expect on offense this season with the combo of Swoopes and Watson, and it's not good.
    Sorry, I didn't read your textfest.

But who is "Morris?' Bam Morris? The Morris guy who coached Buy-luh?
    Last edited by Bullneck; 09-06-2015 at 11:08 PM.

asshat BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB Shaggy Bronze Club BBB's Avatar
    Sorry, I didn't read your textfest.

But who is "Morris?' Bam Morris? The Morris guy who coached Buy-luh?
    A grammar nazi who doesn't like to read.. That's rich.

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    A grammar nazi who doesn't like to read.. That's rich.
    I was going to answer your post with that FAMOUS INTERNET MEME DARIWNG OF THE HIGH CLASS DUDE WIHT THE MONACLE DRINDKNG WINE.

However, I don't know the exact search words, so this is the best I could do.

Vic, don't get all worked up.

asshat Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer's Avatar
    Where the soft southern winds meet the live oak trees
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Knight View Post
    You want the boosters in charge of the university? That's swell
    As opposed to Patterson? You bet your ass I do.

In any normal situation not run by Patterson, they're VERY involved. It's naive to think otherwise.

Banned Wulaw Horn Shaggy Gold Club Wulaw Horn Shaggy Gold Club Wulaw Horn Shaggy Gold Club Wulaw Horn Shaggy Gold Club Wulaw Horn Shaggy Gold Club Wulaw Horn Shaggy Gold Club Wulaw Horn Shaggy Gold Club Wulaw Horn Shaggy Gold Club Wulaw Horn Shaggy Gold Club Wulaw Horn Shaggy Gold Club Wulaw Horn Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by YoLaDu View Post

We're back baby!
    Nah. Just adding a dose of reality. It isn't going to be good for at least 2 more years and even then I don't see this regime ultimately getting is where we want to be, but I think they will make us better and leave the program in better shape than they received it. I hope they get it squared away though.

bunghole Woolie slams and goes hard. Woolie slams and goes hard. Woolie slams and goes hard. Woolie slams and goes hard. Woolie slams and goes hard. Woolie slams and goes hard. Woolie slams and goes hard. Woolie slams and goes hard. Woolie slams and goes hard. Woolie slams and goes hard. Woolie slams and goes hard.
    The Rice game will be diagnostic. Not the score, but whether, against inferior talent (sorry, Owls), football fundamentals are apparent--on the field, on the sideline, and in the booth. Of course, the score, too, could be diagnostic, in a way too horrible to contemplate.

Wanted to clear something up, cause I've been critical of Strong and Swoopes on this thread. No way a guy should get fired one game into his second season, barring a Bobby Petrino moment.
    I do not agree with some of the personnel decisions both on the field and in the coaching ranks. There have also been some dumbass moments, such as winning the coin toss and electing to kick off rather than deferring.
    I'll be critical of those decisions, etc., etc,. but once hired, a coach needs a chance.
    Horns open 0-7, that's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolie View Post
    The Rice game will be diagnostic. Not the score, but whether, against inferior talent (sorry, Owls), football fundamentals are apparent--on the field, on the sideline, and in the booth. Of course, the score, too, could be diagnostic, in a way too horrible to contemplate.
    A certain AAS writer had the gauge for UT's season: beat Rice by a lot = good season in the offing. Struggle with Rice = trouble ahead.

asshat Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    But do you hate them more than squirrels?
    No, not yet.

asshat Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard of Os View Post
    I'm ok with giving Coach Strong another year to rebuild, but not if he refuses to jettison what weighs us down. I don't think Watson survives another single digit score, nor should he.
    Jettisoning the dead weight is why we are where we are today, why we're having to start so many true freshmen.

asshat NEZ_bum Shaggy Silver Club NEZ_bum Shaggy Silver Club NEZ_bum Shaggy Silver Club NEZ_bum Shaggy Silver Club NEZ_bum Shaggy Silver Club NEZ_bum Shaggy Silver Club NEZ_bum Shaggy Silver Club NEZ_bum Shaggy Silver Club NEZ_bum Shaggy Silver Club NEZ_bum Shaggy Silver Club NEZ_bum Shaggy Silver Club NEZ_bum's Avatar
    I will support Coach Strong til the very end. I respect him as a person and professional. However, if Swoopes starts against Rice and Watson is still here pulling a salary on Saturday, I'm not going to defend Coach anymore. Whatever happens, happens.

asshat TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser's Avatar
    I like Coach Strong. But I also just realized we've scored one touchdown in our last 12 quarters of football.

To put that in perspective. That's only one more touchdown than I've scored in my last 12 quarters of football.

Quote Originally Posted by NEZ_bum View Post
    However, if Swoopes starts against Rice ....
    Versus whom?

Who else is going to take snaps?

Heard can't throw. Kai's a true freshman... there's that kid, what, Merrick I guess? A couple of walk-ons on the squad...

Quote Originally Posted by Rimbo View Post
    Versus whom?

Heard can't throw. Kai's a true freshman... there's that kid, what, Merrick I guess? A couple of walk-ons on the squad...
    Neither can Swoopes.

Yawner Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSchoolProf View Post
    "Here's $5 million. If you take a meddling, mediocre team and make it terrible, we will terminate your contract."
    "However, if you take this mediocre team and make it great while improving greatly each season, you're going to be a very rich man."

Versus whom?

Someone. Anyone. It's General Quarters right now when it comes to someone who can move the offense. Anyone but Swoopes.

asshat coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? coach pop a bitch's Avatar
    "@rodbabers: Also, #Texas had extra time to prepare for TCU (11 days), Arkansas (31 days) & ND (9+ mos) & we were outscored by 97 total pts in those gms"

Versus whom?

Here's the thing. This is all on Charlie now. 95% of the fan base had lost confidence in Swoopes after Arkansas (combined with the season) If you don't think Heard is the answer, than you have nothing on your plate more urgent on your plate as head coach than getting a guy in here who can play as a freshman. Or get a transfer who is game ready. Or both. Given the fact that our line play was so bad last year, and the fact that Swoopes had a couple of pretty good games last year, we were willing to listen to a coach who said he was the answer. But deep down, most of us didn't believe it. And now we really don't believe it after Notre Dame.
    Swoopes can't run, but he can't pass either. Go with Heard or Kai. Let's at least be one dimensional, instead of no dimensional. Quit wasting time with a guy who can't make game day decisions. And if they aren't the answer either, than you really $#@!ed up not getting a guy in here who could play this year. Gus Malzahn faced the exact same situation when he went into Auburn 2 years ago. There wasn't a QB on the roster who could play at a D1 level. He went out and got Nick Marshall, as unlikely a QB as you would ever find. Did it hurt a lot of feelings with the existing roster of QB's? Yes. Did he worry about it? No. That was his first season. We are now 2 years in, with no end it sight. Do I blame the guy making $5 million a year? Yes.

asshat dbeasy Shaggy Silver Club dbeasy Shaggy Silver Club dbeasy Shaggy Silver Club dbeasy Shaggy Silver Club dbeasy Shaggy Silver Club dbeasy Shaggy Silver Club dbeasy Shaggy Silver Club dbeasy Shaggy Silver Club dbeasy Shaggy Silver Club dbeasy Shaggy Silver Club dbeasy Shaggy Silver Club dbeasy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ourkansas View Post
    You texas fans may not be aware of this, but Arkansas football has been a dumpster fire since 2012.

Bielema failed to win a conference game in 2013. 3-9
    We looked like $#@! for most of his second season as well (last year), though our defense seemed to click late last year and we finished strong at 7-6.

Bielema inherited an Arkansas team with a veteran oline and salty dline and talented backfield. He immediately started plugging holes in recruiting.

Charlie's stop gap class is the class you signed last year. You should see noticeable improvement next season, and the year after that you should be solid on both sides of the ball. its absolutely a 4 year rebuilding job.
    I'm intrigued that you believe Arkansas has been a dumspter fire only since 2012, because it seems like they haven't done anything worthwhile for as long as I can remember since joining the SEC

asshat WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex's Avatar
    contributing to wrong and oppression and bad things
    A certain AAS writer had the gauge for UT's season: beat Rice by a lot = good season in the offing. Struggle with Rice = trouble ahead.
    worked for 2010, in hindsight-- we had a lot of people saying "$#@!, we only beat Rice by 17, this doesn't look good" and an equal number saying "lulz $#@!gots STFU, if three plays had gone differently it would have been 52-10".

asshat WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex's Avatar
    As for Strong, a few thoughts:

1) You have to extrapolate Saturday's performance in projecting whether he could or should be terminated after two years. If we are as bad and hopeless as we looked Saturday, then we're going to go 3-9 and yes, Strong could very well be fired based on the trajectory of the program at that point-- in Waco on December 7, 2013, we went into halftime tied 3-3 in a game that, had we won, would have landed us in the BCS. I know and you know that a BCS bid by that team would have basically been a joke, but there are plenty of Mack Brown fans with influence at Bellmont who think we fired a coach who came within 30 minutes of completing his planned turnaround. To them, Strong would have taken a BCS team and run off a dozen players before going 6-7 with 5 20-pt losses and then followed that up with a 3-9 season (which would be Texas' worst since 1956) filled with another half-dozen blowout losses, all while A&M, TCU, and Baylor chased playoff berths.

Strong absolutely could be fired if we crater and go 3-9, and whether you agree he should or not in that scenario, there is one good argument for it: there is a point past which a coach cannot revive his program. We gave Mack Brown three chances to recover from 5-7 and he couldn't do it. About the only flagship program I can recall doing it under one coach was Penn State with Paterno and he was merely a figurehead by 2005.

2) To the extent that perception matters, you have to be extremely careful firing the first black head coach in your program's history. Notre Dame took a ton of $#@! for firing the woefully over-his-head Ty Willingham when it became clear that a) recruiting wasn't a "Ty" thing and b) his Xs and Os couldn't overcome that lack of interest in talent acquisition.

We struggled for years to overcome the bull$#@! reputation spread by our mendacious SWC rivals that "Texas will take your people, but you'll be a second class citizen compared to how we treat y'all folk in (College Station/Waco/Fayetteville)". I have no doubt that if Charlie's tenure at Texas ends on anyone but Charlie's terms, everyone we recruit against, and anyone in media looking for a hundred thousand cheap hits, will revive the rumor that not only is t.u. a bunch of gay pot smoking hippies, we're also virulently racist. To be clear, I could care less about what anyone else thinks of our University and I am not suggesting we should keep Charlie past his expiration date if, for example, on January 1st, 2019 he's 36-28 as our head coach without a conference title. I am saying we could potentially damage our recruiting if we pull the trigger too quickly.

If we're going to fire him, we have to be sure. For that reason, if he's borderline-- if he takes a sloppy, ugly team to Waco and loses by 20 pts in a "conference championship" game and finishes 8-5-- we're probably keeping him.

3) Lastly Tom Herman will crawl through 180 miles of broken glass to get to Austin any time we want to offer him the head coaching position and we don't have to break the bank to make that happen. Herman is a big reason why I'm willing to roll the dice on cutting Strong loose if his third season doesn't show some serious traction. Seriously, watch this guy the next two years.

asshat dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoooTex View Post
    3) Lastly Tom Herman will crawl through 180 miles of broken glass to get to Austin any time we want to offer him the head coaching position and we don't have to break the bank to make that happen. Herman is a big reason why I'm willing to roll the dice on cutting Strong loose if his third season doesn't show some serious traction. Seriously, watch this guy the next two years.
    We were at the UH game Sat night while I was watching UT on my phone, Major's first play call as OC for UH? Anyone...anyone... Lined up a RB as a WR brought him in motion into the backfield and then screen pass to that RB with only the WRs blocking, gain of 5. I saw that play and was there's the Greg Davis offense. I like Herman's attitude though.

asshat Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dgvillere View Post
    We were at the UH game Sat night while I was watching UT on my phone, Major's first play call as OC for UH? Anyone...anyone... Lined up a RB as a WR brought him in motion into the backfield and then screen pass to that RB with only the WRs blocking, gain of 5. I saw that play and was there's the Greg Davis offense. I like Herman's attitude though.
    that is a 5 yard improvement over what we ran...

Trust me, any similarities you see between a Herman coached offense and a Greg Davis coached offense are going to be largely coincidental. Herman is 1000x better at the setup-and-pounce routine that teams used to torment peak-Stoops-OU with but we never seemed to grasp w/Davis as OC.
    Last edited by WhoooTex; 09-07-2015 at 08:39 AM.

asshat Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer's Avatar
    Versus whom?

Versus Heard, Kai, Merrick and/or walk-ons. Swoopes is done. If Swoopes isn't done and Charlie wants to hear justifiable boos at DKR and end up getting fired, then I guess he is a lot dumber than I thought.

Another thing - if you watched Heard Saturday in limited action, you'd want him relative to Swoopes in a very bad way.
    Last edited by Rex Kramer; 09-07-2015 at 08:44 AM.

I would give my left nut for GDGD or Major right now.

asshat Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo's Avatar
    As for Strong, a few thoughts:

1) You have to extrapolate Saturday's performance in projecting whether he could or should be terminated after two years. If we are as bad and hopeless as we looked Saturday, then we're going to go 3-9 and yes, Strong could very well be fired based on the trajectory of the program at that point-- in Waco on December 7, 2013, we went into halftime tied 3-3 in a game that, had we won, would have landed us in the BCS. I know and you know that a BCS bid by that team would have basically been a joke, but there are plenty of Mack Brown fans with influence at Bellmont who think we fired a coach who came within 30 minutes of completing his planned turnaround. To them, Strong would have taken a BCS team and run off a dozen players before going 6-7 with 5 20-pt losses and then followed that up with a 3-9 season (which would be Texas' worst since 1956) filled with another half-dozen blowout losses, all while A&M, TCU, and Baylor chased playoff berths.

Strong absolutely could be fired if we crater and go 3-9, and whether you agree he should or not in that scenario, there is one good argument for it: there is a point past which a coach cannot revive his program. We gave Mack Brown three chances to recover from 5-7 and he couldn't do it. About the only flagship program I can recall doing it under one coach was Penn State with Paterno and he was merely a figurehead by 2005.
    To simplify all these words 3-9 would be the worst record since Ed Price's last season when Armybrat was getting his pubes.

Absolutely that would put him on the block.

Some of the worse GDGD O's are leaps and bounds better than what we have so far. That is bad....

asshat Grippe grows his own roses Grippe grows his own roses Grippe grows his own roses Grippe grows his own roses Grippe grows his own roses Grippe grows his own roses Grippe grows his own roses Grippe grows his own roses Grippe grows his own roses Grippe grows his own roses Grippe grows his own roses Grippe's Avatar
    Watch Stitt too. The offensive genius that most coaches refer to these days as the most dynamic in designing schemes.

asshat js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes
    They say you never want to be the guy to follow the "legend..."

But JFC Charlie is going to get at least 3 years, if not 4. Firing a guy after year 2 is the dumbest idea on the face of the Earth. No one will want to coach here because there is zero job security if you can't even honor half a contract. Barring him going 0-12 this year, he's getting year 3.

Watson though, will most likely not last half the season.

asshat Grippe grows his own roses Grippe grows his own roses Grippe grows his own roses Grippe grows his own roses Grippe grows his own roses Grippe grows his own roses Grippe grows his own roses Grippe grows his own roses Grippe grows his own roses Grippe grows his own roses Grippe grows his own roses Grippe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by piladoza View Post
    last news

]
    Can someone please ban this $#@!stick?
    Last edited by blacklab; 09-07-2015 at 09:48 AM. Reason: don't quote it dipshit, report it

asshat Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo's Avatar
    Just hit the report button.

asshat SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club
    I think I'm getting more and more depressed reading my thread

dipshit Traveler slams and goes hard. Traveler slams and goes hard. Traveler slams and goes hard. Traveler slams and goes hard. Traveler slams and goes hard. Traveler slams and goes hard. Traveler slams and goes hard. Traveler slams and goes hard. Traveler slams and goes hard. Traveler slams and goes hard. Traveler slams and goes hard. Traveler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SubliminalHorn View Post
    Neg me. Whatever. I was at the game and we looked the exact same as we did against Arkansas. Nothing different. This is just as embarrassing as those huge losses against ou. He is NOT the coach we need at this university. I wish he was, but he isn't. Fire Charlie

asshat Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt's Avatar
    worked for 2010, in hindsight-- we had a lot of people saying "$#@!, we only beat Rice by 17, this doesn't look good" and an equal number saying "lulz $#@!gots STFU, if three plays had gone differently it would have been 52-10".
    Remember when we struggled against New Mexico State before turning in a record breaking performance? Holy $#@! the sunshine pumpers couldn't see through the facade after that one. That was a fun week of debate.

We should get a banner that just says "Beat Rice" because the "or else" is implied, like a hard mother $#@!er. He'll get the message.

asshat aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by piladoza View Post
    If at first you don't succeed?

asshat Tailgate Shaggy Bronze Club Tailgate Shaggy Bronze Club Tailgate Shaggy Bronze Club Tailgate Shaggy Bronze Club Tailgate Shaggy Bronze Club Tailgate Shaggy Bronze Club Tailgate Shaggy Bronze Club Tailgate Shaggy Bronze Club Tailgate Shaggy Bronze Club Tailgate Shaggy Bronze Club Tailgate Shaggy Bronze Club Tailgate's Avatar
    Ok, woke up a little forgiving today...I'm giving him this season. Let's see the response to this last ass whipping. Game by game evaluation.

asshat SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    This makes me sad. I want him to succeed so badly. But I just don't see it at this point. There were concerns last year that I brushed away. Like our terrible special teams that never improved. That was a big red flag to me. I know this was a knee jerk thread in the worst possible way. Having access to shaggy while walking out of the stadium embarrassed and drunk are the worst combinations

bunghole MOODY is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MOODY is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MOODY is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MOODY is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MOODY is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MOODY is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MOODY is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MOODY is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MOODY is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MOODY is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MOODY's Avatar
    I have softened my stance on Strong a wee bit from Saturday but he had better address the offensive side of the ball asap. If he allows Watson to trot out that abortion of an offense against Rice and Cal, all bets are off. He had better hope they win big against Rice, and I do not think Texas can at this point.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 11 of 431 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast