+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 431 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,550 of 21530

Thread: Fire Charlie

asshat Dogfishhead can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dogfishhead can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dogfishhead can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dogfishhead can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dogfishhead can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dogfishhead can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dogfishhead can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dogfishhead can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dogfishhead can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dogfishhead can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dogfishhead can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dogfishhead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by In10se View Post
    I'd keep an eye on Chad Morris. They had a hangover game after playing both TCU and Baylor tough within the first 3 weeks but have bounced back against East Carolina and are beating them soundly. The guy took over a 1 win team of garbage that was relatively in far worse shape than UT was 2 years ago.

We need an offensive coach who can get that side smoking hot and hope to field a competent defense. That's what is being successful at every other school in this state.
    $#@!ing this. It is clear that Charlie completely neglected that side of the ball. He hired an OC in Watson that was completely inept and convoluted it with Co-offensive coordinator Wikline (with the ongoing law suit not helping). So now our offense has gone from different concepts (west coast to spread) and different quarterbacks reflecting that change in scheme since game 1. We haven't even had the benefit of getting off season reps for this scheme.

Jeff Brohm

Intellectual Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KeysPhoneWallet View Post
    Changing coaches right now would send a signal to the world that the university of by God Texas is being by idiot $#@!ing regards. Let's do not that
    No one complained when we canned Patterson after 22 months

asshat BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn's Avatar
    Changing coaches right now would send a signal to the world that the university of by God Texas is being by idiot $#@!ing regards. Let's do not that
    We would be idiots to fire a coach whose team is 1-4 and trending for the worse, and who is floundering on the recruiting trail? I think you've got it backwards.

asshat Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Nothing is going to happen until we have a permanent AD. Strong still has time to save himself if he can get it together.

But I am highly doubtful him staying here longer will do anything besides make the job of the next guy that much more difficult. This next recruiting class is incredibly vital...and it looks bad.

asshat BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valmy77 View Post
    Nothing is going to happen until we have a permanent AD. Strong still has time to save himself if he can get it together.

But I am highly doubtful him staying here longer will do anything besides make the job of the next guy that much more difficult. This next recruiting class is incredibly vital...and it looks bad.
    Yep. That is the reality.

asshat Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Anyone who is talking about a midseason firing is an idiot. Whether it's the right or wrong thing to do, it won't happen. He'll have to set the world on fire for the rest of the season IMO to keep his job. Mack's late failure against OU were what I called program killers. It some people's minds it negates every thing positive you've done, squashes recruiting momentum, fanbase enthusiasm, etc. This is one of those games. Even when he was on the hot seat, Mack had recent 8 win seasons and a National Championship to buy time. Strong has nothing in the bank.
    Last edited by Lhorn; 10-03-2015 at 06:13 PM.

asshat dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by royale with cheese View Post
    A's hire A's. B's hire C's and D's and that's unfortunately the problem right now. Our B hired a lot of C's and D's.
    Bingo. Strong couldn't bring in A coaches.

asshat OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur's Avatar
    What is to understand? He was the coach and I wanted him to have time to succeed. To get his guys in and operate his system. That any coach here have a fair shot. But the one thing he couldn't do was get blown out over and over again. And he has done it. Probably not going to work out.
    Mack was getting blown out too often for comfort right up to the '05 NC season if I recall. Mainly vs OU, but still.

It took him 8 years to climb that mountain and that was without aggy recruiting to the SEC, and without Baylor and TCU being in the midst of consecutive Top 10 seasons. The road is harder now without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
    No one complained when we canned Patterson after 22 months
    He was just a glorified paper pusher. Nobody cares.

asshat Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Valmy77 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Quote Originally Posted by OCSpur View Post
    Mack was getting blown out too often for comfort right up to the '05 NC season if I recall. Mainly vs OU, but still.
    True but in the games he was not getting blown out in he was doing very well. Also we are talking about maybe once a season not about half the games he coached.

asshat Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic's Avatar
    as far from this fuckin place as possible

It took him 8 years to climb that mountain and that was without aggy recruiting to the SEC, and without Baylor and TCU being in the midst of consecutive Top 10 seasons. The road is harder now without a doubt.
    And Mack was one of the most underachieving pussies ever. So what's your point?

Agreed. We'll have a difficult time getting serious consideration from anybody as long as the AD issue remains. Which may mean in all practicality there will be no mid-changes.

asshat spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes's Avatar

Mack got blown out by ou twice before 2005. What other teams are you talking about? I think the largest loss margin he suffered was 10 points to Arky in 2003 or UCLA and KSU his first year in 1998.

The knock on Mack is that the ou loss always kept us from winning the Big 12 championship. Hell, we at least played for a shot in 1999 with a 9-5 record. But all those 1-2 loss years went to waste until we finally got a Rose Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lhorn View Post
    Anyone who is talking about a midseason firing is an idiot. Whether it's the right or wrong thing to do, it won't happen. He'll have to set the world on fire for the rest of the season IMO to keep his job. Mack's late failure against OU were what I called program killers. It some people's minds it negates every thing positive you've done, squashes recruiting momentum, fanbase enthusiasm, etc. This is one of those games. Even when he was on the hot seat, Mack had recent 8 win seasons and a National Championship to buy time. Strong has nothing in the bank.
    Anyone who is talking about an end of the year firing is an idiot. Whether you think Strong is the guy or not, you can't run a coach off after two years, or the names that you interview will be Kiffin, Petrino, Mack, and losers like that. Nobody worth a damn is going to come in when they only get two years.

We

We're not saying you only get 2 years to win a championship, or else you're fired. We're saying if you burn the program down and perform worse than any coach we've had since the 1950s, then yes, you may get fired after 2 years.

asshat OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur's Avatar
    The 2 OU were by far the worst.

18 to UCLA and KSU

UCLA wasn't even that close really.
    21 to Arky
    No need to rehash his last 4 years.

The point, Lando, is we've suffered embarrassing losses before, and come out of it. This time though, it will be tougher because Strong started with less and the recruiting competition is deeper. When Baylor kicked our ass 50-7 in '88 or '89, or UCLA beat us 66-3, it didn't hurt us in state as much as last year's TCU/Baylor losses or today's ass-whipping do.

I want us to stick it out, but I acknowledge that Texas fans likely will not have the patience to do so.

True but in the games he was not getting blown out in he was doing very well. Also we are talking about maybe once a season not about half the games he coached.
    I often wonder how the Mack era would have gone if Ricky hadn't stayed.

That Heisman gave us the recruiting juice to start the next decade...

asshat spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sam Beckett View Post
    Anyone who is talking about an end of the year firing is an idiot. Whether you think Strong is the guy or not, you can't run a coach off after two years, or the names that you interview will be Kiffin, Petrino, Mack, and losers like that. Nobody worth a damn is going to come in when they only get two years.

We
    So we should let Charlie be our Rich Rod? Remember when that dude was the hot commodity in the coaching world? He took Lloyd Carr's 9-4 "rot" and proceeded to have 2 losing seasons and got canned after going 7-6 with "his guys". Then Brady Hoke came in and went 11-2 and won a Sugar Bowl with Hoke's "rot".

I challenge you to find a coach that loses 5 games his first season, then only wins 3-4 games his second season, that has ever been successful. Especially at a big time program like Texas. It's just as much about coaching as it is about the players. A good coach finds a way to build on the hand he's dealt rather than throw darts at the board and hope for the best.

In 1998? LOL we were not embarrassed at all at UCLA. We expected to be destroyed and actually showed alot of heart in coming back. The Arky loss occurred after the collapse at the end of the 1999 season but hey at least we won something,the division. Those losses should not even be compared to the current situation. We are not upsetting top 5 programs like Nebraska, getting #1 ranked recruiting classes, having a Heisman winner, and putting up big win total.

And you cannot use examples of McWilliams and Mackovic as examples of us coming out of embarrassing losses. Those killed them. They also destroyed our recruiting classes. Mack Brown was incredible in his ability to weather losses like that, most coaches cannot.

I want us to stick it out, but I acknowledge that Texas fans likely will not have the patience to do so.
    We're willing to have patience but you have to give us something. Any sign of progress at all to grasp onto. Excellent game management would be nice as well. And who are these amazing fans of a top College Program who have no problem being blown out time and time again?

I often wonder how the Mack era would have gone if Ricky hadn't stayed.

That Heisman gave us the recruiting juice to start the next decade...
    An interesting question I had not thought about before. I have no idea.

asshat Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey's Avatar

Ummm what? Mack was consistently winning 9-11 games. And he lost in blowout fashion to OU in 2000 and then 2003. Name me these other consistent blowouts? There was none. OU was pretty much it. Unless I'm missing some? Mack lost to OU but beat everyone else most the time.

I see zero progress right now and I see a team that is very poorly coached across the board. It's so pathetic right now.

There is no way you can spin any positives for Strong right now.

He simply had probably the best college QB at the time in Teddy in a conference that was on its way out of the BCS and was not good. I'm tired of seeing comparisons of those years to here. He's not in the Big East anymore playing the dumpster teams every week.

Recruits are seeing this $#@!. It's embarrassing.

And the worst thing is, we are paying him 5 mill a season for this bull$#@!.

bunghole TXs Shaggy Bronze Club TXs Shaggy Bronze Club TXs Shaggy Bronze Club TXs Shaggy Bronze Club TXs Shaggy Bronze Club TXs Shaggy Bronze Club TXs Shaggy Bronze Club TXs Shaggy Bronze Club TXs Shaggy Bronze Club TXs Shaggy Bronze Club TXs Shaggy Bronze Club TXs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Mackey View Post
    Ummm what? Mack was consistently winning 9-11 games. And he lost in blowout fashion to OU in 2000 and then 2003. Name me these other consistent blowouts? There was none. OU was pretty much it. Unless I'm missing some? Mack lost to OU but beat everyone else most the time.

I see zero progress right now and I see a team that is very poorly coached across the board. It's so pathetic right now.

He simply had probably the best college QB at the time in Teddy in a conference that was on its way out of the BCS and was not good. I'm tired of seeing comparisons of those years to here. He's not in the Big East anymore playing the dumpster teams every week.

Vic with the voice of reason. Must spread more rep around first.

asshat Xian Shaggy Bronze Club Xian Shaggy Bronze Club Xian Shaggy Bronze Club Xian Shaggy Bronze Club Xian Shaggy Bronze Club Xian Shaggy Bronze Club Xian Shaggy Bronze Club Xian Shaggy Bronze Club Xian Shaggy Bronze Club Xian Shaggy Bronze Club Xian Shaggy Bronze Club Xian's Avatar

Amen

Banned JakeHorns is thowed on that four loko. JakeHorns is thowed on that four loko. JakeHorns is thowed on that four loko. JakeHorns is thowed on that four loko. JakeHorns is thowed on that four loko. JakeHorns is thowed on that four loko. JakeHorns is thowed on that four loko. JakeHorns is thowed on that four loko. JakeHorns is thowed on that four loko. JakeHorns is thowed on that four loko. JakeHorns is thowed on that four loko.
    Back when we hired charlie I was 100% he could turn it around. not so sure now. He's a good coach tho

Quote Originally Posted by spankytoes View Post
    So we should let Charlie be our Rich Rod? Remember when that dude was the hot commodity in the coaching world? He took Lloyd Carr's 9-4 "rot" and proceeded to have 2 losing seasons and got canned after going 7-6 with "his guys". Then Brady Hoke came in and went 11-2 and won a Sugar Bowl with Hoke's "rot".

I challenge you to find a coach that loses 5 games his first season, then only wins 3-4 games his second season, that has ever been successful. Especially at a big time program like Texas. It's just as much about coaching as it is about the players. A good coach finds a way to build on the hand he's dealt rather than throw darts at the board and hope for the best.
    You're kind of making my point for me. Rich Rod had to install an entirely different system, and wasn't given the time he needed. The players were pussies and tattled on him for cursing and making them practice more. Hoke came in and had his best seasons with Rich Rod's players. Now $#@! has resurrected a $#@!ty Arizona program.

asshat Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TXs View Post
    Vic with the voice of reason. Must spread more rep around first.
    I said this same stuff last week and have been saying it since last season along with many others so definitely not taking any credit. Many people questioned him since last year.

Just last week, I was deep into a handle of whisky that I guess I just spazzed out on here. And got a timeout. But my stance is the same. I am not a fan of Strong. I have no issue with him getting a fair shot like any coach but jesus christ, these losses are not cutting it. These are just embarrassing. And there is no way the big boosters and powers in place are not getting antsy.

asshat bevojoe Shaggy Bronze Club bevojoe Shaggy Bronze Club bevojoe Shaggy Bronze Club bevojoe Shaggy Bronze Club bevojoe Shaggy Bronze Club bevojoe Shaggy Bronze Club bevojoe Shaggy Bronze Club bevojoe Shaggy Bronze Club bevojoe Shaggy Bronze Club bevojoe Shaggy Bronze Club bevojoe Shaggy Bronze Club
    Strong is becoming the new David McWilliams, so Charlie McWilliams might post 1 good season if we give him 5. That's unacceptable.

I love charlie strong the person. Nobody is hurting more than he is. But this $#@! is unacceptable. If we were recruiting lights out I'd give him another year, but recruiting is dog $#@!. It's atrocious. There is no light at the end of the tunnel with this staff. Time to cut our losses and move on.

And j agree with whoever said hire an interim coach if a home run isn't available. We are digging a monster hole and cannot afford to miss again. These are 3-4 year mistakes we are making.

And kick Boyd off the team now.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeHorns View Post
    Back when we hired charlie I was 100% he could turn it around. not so sure now. He's a good coach tho
    Yep. His team is 1-4, plays like $#@!, and shows no signs of improvement. But he's one hell of a good coach!

Nothing in my posts were a positive spin for Charlie. Just historical perspective and an acknowledgement of how much tougher it is going to be to get out of the current situation. Whether it is Strong or someone else, we are in for a long rebuild. I think it's probably longer if we start over again, but there are good arguments to be made on the other side.

The only progress I hang my hat on is his record of developing tough hard assets into NFL picks. And that after last year's $#@! show, he was able to close some pretty big-time recruits, his way, using that past history as a pitch. Those players are playing, inconsistently yes, but he is clearly all in on them being the foundation(and his future). Signing Day will tell the tale on if he can pull a rabbit out of the hat again. He might be 1-11, 2-10, 7-5 or anywhere in between. Nobody knows.

He might be 1-11, 2-10, 7-5 or anywhere in between. Nobody knows.
    It would take a near-impossible series of miracles for this team to win 7 games. Let that sink in.

asshat dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy has a gigantic e-peen. dbeasy's Avatar
    Check out Florida and how fast a program can get turned around with a good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHorn View Post
    It would take a near-impossible series of miracles for this team to win 7 games. Let that sink in.
    Don't disagree.

Didn't think the '13 team was gonna run off 5 or 6 in a row either...

Quote Originally Posted by JakeHorns View Post
    Is he? He was successful under Meyer as a coordinator. Again, it's easy to look good when you have an all world QB in Teddy and play $#@! teams every week and dominate. But his decision making has been poor and starting with bringing Watson here and not even making a change from Swoopes/Watson this offseason.

I see him as mediocre.

Also, I don't recall Mack getting done like this at his end years. He still won games. He had that one $#@!ty season in the Gilbert year.

We gave Mack grief but he took Case and beat OU his last year. Yet we give Charlie all this praise for competing and patting him on the back? I don't get it. Well I do. He's not Mack. And yes, Mack wore out his welcome. But let's not act like Charlie took on the talents of the likes of Butt$#@! Directional State. And use that narrative to prop him up
    Last edited by Vic Mackey; 10-03-2015 at 07:18 PM.

asshat Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Falcon View Post
    If we were recruiting lights out I'd give him another year, but recruiting is dog $#@!. It's atrocious.
    how do you figure?

asshat dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Charlie couldn't get a high level OC. didn't want to go full spread/hurry up because he thinks it doesn't help his defense. settled for Watson. meanwhile patterson is hiring $#@!bie, stoops hires Lincoln Riley.

what Charlie didn't understand is that you help your defense by scoring points because then you can pressure the other teams offense and take more risks. the TOP thing is gone in major college football. It doesn't matter and all the rules favor the offense.

Norvell and Traylor won't cut it. Norvell is a re-tread and Traylor is just too new to the college game.

Charlie needs a home run OC hire to provide some recruiting juice and Wickline needs to start doing his $#@!ing job or Charlie is toast. he's down to his last strike.

Nothing in my posts were a positive spin for Charlie. Just historical perspective and an acknowledgement of how much tougher it is going to be to get out of the current situation. Whether it is Strong or someone else, we are in for a long rebuild. I think it's probably longer if we start over again, but there are good arguments to be made on the other side.

The only progress I hang my hat on is his record of developing tough hard assets into NFL picks. And that after last year's $#@! show, he was able to close some pretty big-time recruits, his way, using that past history as a pitch. Those players are playing, inconsistently yes, but he is clearly all in on them being the foundation(and his future). Signing Day will tell the tale on if he can pull a rabbit out of the hat again. He might be 1-11, 2-10, 7-5 or anywhere in between. Nobody knows.
    I mean the general 'you', not you personally.

And we weren't 1-4 and a dumpster fire this early last year. We had some hope going into the OU game.

Tell me which great recruits would be jumping at the chance to come here after what they are seeing?

Quote Originally Posted by Slingeroguitaro View Post
    how do you figure?
    Have you seen next years class? Kids aren't buying what charlie is selling

Quote Originally Posted by dblazetex View Post
    Check out Florida and how fast a program can get turned around with a good coach.
    Or aggy to see how it can stay in the pits of despair with the wrong one. Or TCU on how to coach up existing talent when you're not the top recruiting dog in the State anymore.

Intellectual Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20's Avatar
    Mack getting 10 win seasons and bowl games wasn't the issue. Mack being Bob Stoops' bitch and losing more times than winning to Bob, leading to Texas not being able to win the big 12 or compete for a national title, year after year was the issue.

Mack turned around the program but he didn't optimize it. 13 years at Texas with only 2 conference titles, Bob Stoops has about 8 in 13 years.

asshat Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro's Avatar
    Have you seen next years class? Kids aren't buying what charlie is selling
    October commitments arent worth the 1's and 0's used in their tweets. Lets see how January looks

Mack needed to go. He had topped out. Voting for him to stay was a vote for mediocrity. He has NOTHING to do with the strong hire and what comes of it (except to the extent he left the Cubbard bare, which he did).

October commitments arent worth the 1's and 0's used in their tweets. Lets see how January looks
    Whistling past the graveyard. High school
    Kids have TVs and saw the game today. Don't lie to yourself. This is a nightmare scenario.

Don't disagree.

Didn't think the '13 team was gonna run off 5 or 6 in a row either...
    The Big 12 of 2015 is a different animal than the Big 12 of 2013.

CS has been a successful coach wherever he has been. At some point we have to ask where does the problem lie.

Mack needed to go. He had topped out. Voting for him to stay was a vote for mediocrity. He has NOTHING to do with the strong hire and what comes of it (except to the extent he left the Cubbard bare, which he did).
    And unless Strong performs a miracle between here and February we are going to have another bare cubbard.

By then it will be too late. We'll be stuck with Strong another year waiting for kids who don't even have us in their top 5 to decide to commit to our 2-9 team full of players that hate their coach and don't get to smoke weed like the other schools

Is he? He was successful under Meyer as a coordinator. Again, it's easy to look good when you have an all world QB in Teddy and play $#@! teams every week and dominate. But his decision making has been poor and starting with bringing Watson here and not even making a change from Swoopes/Watson this offseason.

I see him as mediocre.

Also, I don't recall Mack getting done like this at his end years. He still won games. He had that one $#@!ty season in the Gilbert year.

We gave Mack grief but he took Case and beat OU his last year. Yet we give Charlie all this praise for competing and patting him on the back? I don't get it. Well I do. He's not Mack. And yes, Mack wore out his welcome. But let's not act like Charlie took on the talents of the likes of Butt$#@! Directional State. And use that narrative to prop him up
    I always find the Bridgewater thing funny. Strong is a god because he coached up Teddy and did a great job at Louisville. But Mack Brown was a $#@!ty couch that only won a MNC because he had an all world QB and then lucked out with Colt.

Yeah...I'm going to go ahead and say that it's possible that Strong lucked out too based on what I've seen thus far when he plays schools not known for their basketball programs.

I mean the general 'you', not you personally.

And we weren't 1-4 and a dumpster fire this early last year. We had some hope going into the OU game.

Tell me which great recruits would be jumping at the chance to come here after what they are seeing?
    Let's discuss it on NSD

There is now way to predict who signs where right now. I expect we'll get some we never thought we'd get, and we'll lose some we thought we would get.

There will be guys that base decisions on this year's record of the team they sign with...and some of those will have disappointing careers at those schools due to unforeseen challenges, just like the guys that signed here from '08 on.

Some guys will just love Texas and/or Strong and want to turn it around. Some guys will just wanna play early.

I still have hope this week, because after '13, I swore I'd never ruin Texas OU week again by swearing we have no shot.
    Lose by 40+ again this week, save me a seat, but the schedule gets a bit more manageable after that until Baylor.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 51 of 431 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 151 ... LastLast