+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 431 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Charlie

bunghole VRHorn is a rep whore. VRHorn is a rep whore. VRHorn is a rep whore. VRHorn is a rep whore. VRHorn is a rep whore. VRHorn is a rep whore. VRHorn is a rep whore. VRHorn is a rep whore. VRHorn is a rep whore. VRHorn is a rep whore. VRHorn is a rep whore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Duke View Post
    Brian Kelly has never gone worse than 8-5 at ND. In his third year, he was in the NC game. Charlie Strong is no Brian Kelly. The record for the previous 1/2/3/4/5 (take your choice) years at ND prior to Kelly taking over were worse than the comparable period of when Strong took over the Texas program.

Delude yourself all you want, we don't have a coach leading the UT program who is delivering. The Charlie Strong experiment is failing. Blaming everything on Mack brown is living in denial. Charlie's most glaring failure is his misdirected loyalty to Shawn Watson. If we can't run his pro-style/West Coast scheme, why is he still on staff?
    Ok, I will bite...who should Texas get as a coach? If you don't have a name, it's mental masturbation.

Quote Originally Posted by VRHorn View Post
    Ok, I will bite...who should Texas get as a coach? If you don't have a name, it's mental masturbation.
    I would straight up trade our staff for UH's right now.

bunghole BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimbo View Post
    It blows. I knew what was coming, so I spent the afternoon with my daughter. That was a much better use of time.
    I'm with you too. Want to take the sting out of it? Heck, just bet against.
    I was willing to pay the price of two scalped tix to watch the Horns come within 9 of ND. They didn't, so I get paid. Lot of emotional Orange Blood there, but I'll probably do it alot this year.

Banned Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Franziskaner View Post
    1. I'm sure Ohio State had a lot more talent left behind.
    2. Meyer is the best coach in the country arguably.
    So it makes sense that we pay Charlie Strong more than Urban Meyer a long with giving him 4 years to rebuild. Got it.

Well atleast Strong will have more money than God when he's done with Texas. We're very good at overpaying coaches who under-deliver. Manny Diaz is still laughing at the bank.
    Last edited by Rocko20; 09-06-2015 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Finster View Post
    SMU didn't score 7 points in a game until October last season. They scored 14 in the first quarter last night against a team many are picking to win it all.

Stop blaming Mack. Good coaches figure this $#@! out.

Nobody with a brain expected us to win. But you have your head in the sand if you think this is acceptable.

A&M scored more points in the 4th quarter tonight than we have in our last 3 games.
    They scored 14 against a Baylor team missing its 2 best defensive players playing its first game of the season. They scored 0 points in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Knight View Post
    They scored 14 against a Baylor team missing its 2 best defensive players playing its first game of the season. They scored 0 points in the 2nd half.
    They did that with Matt "can't complete 50% of his passes in HS" Davis. Their offense was fine until he got hurt.

All of that is beside the point. They were historically bad on offense last year. A new coach comes in and is able to make SOMETHING happen with largely the same crew. Charlie has been on the job 18 months. His last three games all probably rank in the top 6 worst performances I've ever seen a Longhorn team put on the field.

It's not on Mack anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
    No, we're suppose to compete and not be an embarrassment to the Big12 and the state of Texas and to all the fans who spend their time and money on Texas football

Don't be so stupid. Do you really think the product on the field was acceptable? Opps we're rebuilding so getting blown out and struggling in a facets of the game is ok now.
    No $#@! it's not acceptable. But expecting instant gratification from a new coach isn't going to get you anywhere. We were absolutely driven into the cellar by an old, senile idiot. Our defensive recruits were de-trained for 2+ years by a video game coordinator. Our team was filled with prima donnas and wannabe thugs. Our offensive recruits dealt with four different offensive coordinators. Last year was chemotherapy. This year is our rebuilding year. You have to have some patience. I'll give Charlie strong another year before expecting us to compete with teams that are expected to run the table(by some). Charlie will either figure out how to manage the offensive side of the ball or he won't. You at least need to give him a chance.

asshat Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore's Avatar
    There's a reason I intentionally avoid hanging out with you people in the real world.

A lot of you are $#@!ing psychopaths.

bunghole VRHorn is a rep whore. VRHorn is a rep whore. VRHorn is a rep whore. VRHorn is a rep whore. VRHorn is a rep whore. VRHorn is a rep whore. VRHorn is a rep whore. VRHorn is a rep whore. VRHorn is a rep whore. VRHorn is a rep whore. VRHorn is a rep whore.
    Chuckie, if you want us to start over with the UH crew, I cant't argue with you...at least it's an answer.

I can't imagine the $#@!show in recruiting, but I imagine you have that figured out.

bunghole BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog Shaggy Bronze Club BigLog's Avatar
    Jefferson will be a consensus AA no later than next year, he is Special.
    He made some outstanding plays and some rookie plays. He's got all the markings of a great player.
    Looking forward to watching him grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Truck's Son View Post
    This doesn't excuse the ZERO improvement from a single non-Freshmen player. Isn't Strong supposed to be a master at player development? Who the $#@! has developed since last year? I didn't expect to win this game, but there is no excuse for this $#@!.
    Dame looked better & so did N. Hughes.

asshat UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow Shaggy Silver Club UDontKnow's Avatar
    You know the market dictates this $#@!. And what good would firing Strong do in year 2? Who the hell would come here?
    Yeah, the market dictates it somewhat. But Steve Patterson acting on his own ultimately leads to this $5 million salary. No matter which way you cut it, after today's presentation, Strong is grossly under performing.

Not advocating Strong's firing. However, worrying about who will come here is not a good excuse to not fire anyone. And to answer that question, Chad Morris would come back to Austin in a heartbeat. I think he might do well considering he understands offense and was a high school coach in Texas for 16 years winning 2 titles before jumping to the college ranks.

They did that with Matt "can't complete 50% of his passes in HS" Davis. Their offense was fine until he got hurt.

All of that is beside the point. They were historically bad on offense last year. A new coach comes in and is able to make SOMETHING happen with largely the same crew. Charlie has been on the job 18 months. His last three games all probably rank in the top 6 worst performances I've ever seen a Longhorn team put on the field.

It's not on Mack anymore.
    They gave up 56 points and it probably could have been 70. Ying and yang. While Charlie and staff have to take some accountability, this origin of our problems are still dealing with and climbing out of the hole that Mack put us in. Strong could have tried to cobble the pieces left over and win 7-8 games overlooking a lot of what he considers the rot within the program, instead he said "$#@! it", we're going to hollow this thing out and rebuild the core. It takes time, conviction, and a ton of hard work. This is going to be a difficult season and if the team doesn't show improvement by the end of the season and recruiting goes south then there could be some general concern. Right now? Just too much alcohol and frustration for most....

Chuckie, if you want us to start over with the UH crew, I cant't argue with you...at least it's an answer.

I can't imagine the $#@!show in recruiting, but I imagine you have that figured out.
    $#@!show? Herman has managed to somehow get kids excited about the $#@!ing University of Houston. University of Houston students aren't even excited about the University of Houston.

Applewhite and Giles were about the only coaches whose evaluations I trusted at the end of Mack's regime.

That staff would absolutely kill it in Austin.

Brian Kelly has never gone worse than 8-5 at ND. In his third year, he was in the NC game. Charlie Strong is no Brian Kelly. The record for the previous 1/2/3/4/5 (take your choice) years at ND prior to Kelly taking over were worse than the comparable period of when Strong took over the Texas program.

Delude yourself all you want, we don't have a coach leading the UT program who is delivering. The Charlie Strong experiment is failing. Blaming everything on Mack brown is living in denial. Charlie's most glaring failure is his misdirected loyalty to Shawn Watson. If we can't run his pro-style/West Coast scheme, why is he still on staff?

Yup, there's no denying what Mack did, but at some point you gotta put it on the man who is here right now to take responsibility for the situation and fix it, not the man who once was. UCLA did not give Jim Mora Jr a "Rick Neuheisel killed this program, so don't worry whatever happens here isn't your fault, it's all Rick's fault" excuse. I think Charlie needs more time to iron things out, but Mack is gone and has no say in what goes on as far as our team is concerned now. It's on Charlie to take it and get us back to the Big 12 number 1 and I hope he does. But you can only have so much time to get the ball rolling.

asshat YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu's Avatar
    guitar starts spinning, rock and roll starts winning
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Knight View Post
    Just look at the 2012 2013 and 2014 classes, the players that should be the leaders and primary contributors for this team. Theres like 6 good players and the best 1 declared for the draft early. Mack recruited like $#@! his last 5 years, we do not have a good roster, our best players are freshmen who simply aren't ready and shouldn't be expected to be ready to contribute. Our o-line is probably the worst in all of D-1 football and that is the part of a team that takes the longest to develop. Face it we're a year away from being capable of going .500 and 3 years way from competing for anything.
    It is something way more than recruiting and bare cupboard what-not. Compare recruitment quality against results of our two instate conference rivals:

Recruiting Rankings (per Rivals) :

2011 - Texas #3 / TCU #26 / Baylor # 46
    2012 - Texas #2 / TCU #37 / Baylor # 45
    2013 - Texas # 24 / Baylor #30 / TCU #31
    2014 - Texas # 20 / Baylor #37 / TCU #50
    2015 - Texas #15 / TCU #34 / Baylor #43

Final AP Poll

2011 - Texas Unranked / Baylor unranked / TCU unranked
    2011 - Baylor #13 / TCU #14/ Texas Unranked
    2012 - Texas # 19 / Baylor unranked / TCU unranked
    2013 - Baylor #13 / TCU unranked / Texas unranked
    2014 - TCU #3 / Baylor # 7 / Texas unranked

There are plenty of quality players on the squad to compete, they are not being coached properly.
    Last edited by YoLaDu; 09-06-2015 at 01:38 AM.

asshat Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YoLaDu View Post
    It is something way more than recruiting and bare cupboard what-not. Compare recruitment quality against results of our two instate conference rivals:

Recruiting Rankings (per Rivals) :

2011 - Texas #3 / TCU #26 / Baylor # 46
    2012 - Texas #2 / TCU #37 / Baylor # 45
    2013 - Texas # 24 / Baylor #30 / TCU #31
    2014 - Texas # 20 / Baylor #37 / TCU #50
    2015 - Texas #15 / TCU #34 / Baylor #43

Final AP Poll

2011 - Texas Unranked / Baylor unranked / TCU unranked
    2011 - Baylor #13 / TCU #14/ Texas Unranked
    2012 - Texas # 19 / Baylor unranked / TCU unranked
    2013 - Baylor #13 / TCU unranked / Texas unranked
    2014 - TCU #3 / Baylor # 7 / Texas unranked

There are plenty of quality players on the squad to compete, they are not being coached properly.
    Dude. You're much smarter than this.

asshat YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu's Avatar
    A&M scored more points in the 4th quarter tonight than we have in our last 3 games.

asshat Bundaberg Bob Shaggy Bronze Club Bundaberg Bob Shaggy Bronze Club Bundaberg Bob Shaggy Bronze Club Bundaberg Bob Shaggy Bronze Club Bundaberg Bob Shaggy Bronze Club Bundaberg Bob Shaggy Bronze Club Bundaberg Bob Shaggy Bronze Club Bundaberg Bob Shaggy Bronze Club Bundaberg Bob Shaggy Bronze Club Bundaberg Bob Shaggy Bronze Club Bundaberg Bob Shaggy Bronze Club Bundaberg Bob's Avatar
    $#@!show? Herman has managed to somehow get kids excited about the $#@!ing University of Houston. University of Houston students aren't even excited about the University of Houston.

Applewhite and Giles were about the only coaches whose evaluations I trusted at the end of Mack's regime.

That staff would absolutely kill it in Austin.
    Yep, Herman is recruiting lights out at Houston.

asshat Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SubliminalHorn View Post
    I'm used to it. Oh, im gay, I don't understand football. Whatever.

Anyway, now that I've calmed down a bit. I get it. I get that Mack left us with a bare cupboard. But $#@!, aren't we at least supposed to have SOME improvement from game to game, season to season? What can we take away from this? We were supposed to be some new spread offense and we looked EXACTLY the same as last season. I can take losing. I know ND is better than us. But tonight's product was simply atrocious. Strong has to be responsible for it.
    We had talent in the cupboard, almost all on defense. Most of 'em left after last year, other than DL.

We're starting true freshmen in our back 7 on D, and 2 true freshmen on OL. We're going to suck this year; a lot at first, somewhat less near the end.

It's going to take YEARS to fix what Mack left us with. Years.

If we fire Charlie, it will take much, much longer; worse, whoever hires Charlie will be getting the success that we should have had.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosters Galore View Post
    Dude. You're much smarter than this.
    How are teams with players from very average recruiting classes kicking our asses?

Baylor's and TCU's best recruiting class of the last 5 years is not better than our worst of the last 5.

I guess we should figure this out, because we may be fighting for the same 2 star and 3 star players TCU and Baylor pick from every year in the very near future.

Baylor hasn't had more than three 4 star players in a single class in the last 4 years.
    Last edited by YoLaDu; 09-06-2015 at 02:00 AM.

asshat theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon's Avatar
    We let Mack piss down his leg for 5 years on this program. And you wanna fire Charlie after a second and a game. Cmon now.

asshat 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ulukinatme View Post
    The problems at Texas are not due to Charlie Strong, they still reside with Mack Brown. It's taken Brian Kelly 6 years to get to where ND is now depth wise, and at RB they're still not great after losing the #1 guy to injury today and the #2 guy to suspension and transfer.
    No, the problems are Charlie Strong and staff.

Give a good coaching staff a full year plus the offseason and do you thing that there is any chance that Swoops would still be the QB? No, there isn't

It may have taken Kelly 6 years to get where he is depth wise, but he played in the MNC game after only 3 years.

Brian Kelly went 8-5, 8-5 and 12-1 in his first three years with no embarrassing losses...and he was following Charlie Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by cochamps View Post
    Dame looked better & so did N. Hughes.
    Daje. $#@!ing spell check
    Last edited by cochamps; 09-06-2015 at 02:06 AM.

Banned Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club
    You know the market dictates this $#@!. And what good would firing Strong do in year 2? Who the hell would come here?
    A shaggy poster could build a better offense than what we saw tonight. Either way, Charlie Strong is grossly overpaid.

asshat theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon's Avatar
    A shaggy poster could build a better offense than what we saw tonight. Either way, Charlie Strong is grossly overpaid.
    This makes me laugh.

asshat Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo's Avatar
    No.

There isn't an offensive coordinator in all of christendom who could have taken the OL so poor that 2 true freshmen were able to rise to become starters on it and turn a decent offensive performance out of it against an experienced and talented ND DL in their own house.

No one likes losing gotta blame someone I guess.

asshat Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    I expected us to lose and not by less than a TD, but I never expected us to look so inept in every aspect of the game. The lack of improvement was shocking.

asshat Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Xian's Avatar
    No.

There isn't an offensive coordinator in all of christendom who could have taken the OL so poor that 2 true freshmen were able to rise to become starters on it and turn a decent offensive performance out of it against an experienced and talented ND DL in their own house.
    I bet I could find an oc that would have used JG more than 3 times in a damn quarter

dipshit FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore. FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore. FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore. FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore. FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore. FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore. FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore. FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore. FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore. FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore. FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore.

Is their a "block quote unless the poster is posting about A&M" option in our user preferences, cause if there is, I really need to activate it

I'm just going to start negging the drunken fools who think that what MB left us could've been resolved so quickly.

bunghole Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile's Avatar
    So far Strong is all hat no cattle. Blame it on Mack, blame it on Watson, blame it on Swoopes, blame it on Red McCombs. Blame anyone and anything you want. But the proof is out there. We're bad, we've been bad, and we're not getting better quick.
    Now it's just a question of how patient everyone is. If we continue to get blown out by ranked teams, I don't think it's going to last long.

dipshit FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore. FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore. FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore. FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore. FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore. FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore. FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore. FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore. FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore. FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore. FriendOfAFriend is a rep whore.
    I'm just going to start negging the drunken fools who think that what MB left us could've been resolved so quickly.
    I may be a drunken idiot, but what you say ^^ becomes more clear every time I binge

asshat Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk's Avatar
    But Charlie at Louisville had a bunch of draft pics

asshat el squared might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? el squared might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? el squared might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? el squared might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? el squared might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? el squared might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? el squared might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? el squared might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? el squared might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? el squared might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? el squared might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? el squared's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenspointTexas View Post
    Never seen a coach ride one players coattails as much as Strong has rode Bridgewaters.
    Mack did a pretty good job riding VY's and Colts

I won't even list the pipe dream guys who people would say would turn us down, or the sleazeballs like Briles and Petrino.

Tom Herman
    Chad Morris
    Mark Dantonio (might not come I guess, but it's f'n Sparty)
    Gary Andersen
    Dave Doeren
    Brian Harsin
    Todd Graham
    Gary Patterson (might not come)
    Mike Gundy
    Paul Johnson
    Dan Mullen

You can make arguments for or against Strong, but "oh noes there is nobody else who could fill the position!!!!" isn't a very plausible one.
    Last edited by longhornmatt; 09-06-2015 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0xdeadbeef View Post
    No, the problems are Charlie Strong and staff.

Give a good coaching staff a full year plus the offseason and do you thing that there is any chance that Swoops would still be the QB? No, there isn't

It may have taken Kelly 6 years to get where he is depth wise, but he played in the MNC game after only 3 years.

Brian Kelly went 8-5, 8-5 and 12-1 in his first three years with no embarrassing losses...and he was following Charlie Wise.
    6-7, 7-6, 12-1 is about the same. Similar path as Louisville and ND, down-to-the-studs remodel.

We're one game into that 7-6, could be only 6 or 5 wins. But J Gray is getting more than 8 carries from now on and 10, 11, 12 wins is not crazy in year 3

We run a coach after 2, I even say 3- no matter how bad. Welcome to the desert. That would be the ticket

Tonight hurts, but we gotta just swallow and strain to taste bird chirps in the morning

$#@!'s just tough right now

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornmatt View Post
    Tom Herman
    Chad Morris
    Mark Dantonio (might not come I guess, but it's f'n Sparty)
    Gary Andersen
    Dave Doeren
    Brian Harsin
    Todd Graham
    Gary Patterson (might not come)
    Mike Gundy
    Paul Johnson
    Dan Mullen

you left off the first coach they should call, chip kelly. his act is wearing thin in philly. couple of weeks back i heard a national sports radio discussion on how chip kelly ends up at ut. national sports guys are already writing off charles strong before the season even started.

Quote Originally Posted by MOODY View Post
    They won't be coming to this suck fest.
    Shane Buechele
    Sam Ehlinger

They're coming. Just need an O Line

asshat clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn's Avatar
    There is no bigger Charlie Strong supporter on this board than me, but I'd be a liar if I said that I don't have doubts as to whether we hired the right coach for the job. At this point I'm desperately looking for the smallest indication that we're making progress. I don't see it.

Seriously. Imagine what Mack Brown would have done last year? OR this year? The man couldn't field a quality O-Line for 5 years straight. I don't like Watson, but I can at least admit to myself that he and the team hampered by an OL that has been the least prioritized unit for acquiring talent (maybe a close second to QB) since 2008. Watson still needs to go, because he hasn't shown the ability to coach this offense, but I don't see improvement even if Harsin returned. Not to mention this game was essentially a perfect setup for failure, what with us playing a team that is among the most experienced in the country. We're starting like 9 freshman for a reason.

Have wondered since last season if Charlie could succeed here... sometimes a coach just doesn't "fit" even if they have been successful elsewhere (RichRod comes to mind). It's hard to define, but I wonder if he's right for his current role.

asshat Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak's Avatar
    The total lack of understanding of clock and game management leads me to believe that Charlie was the absolute wrong hire. He wasn't a HC for a long tiem a reason, and it wasn't because he was black...

asshat drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117's Avatar
    Anyone talking about firing Charlie Strong after one season and one game is a $#@!ing full blown regard.

It's not pretty. But neither was the rebuild he stepped into.

I don't think some of you realize that this was not a 1-2 year rebuild. The fact that had NO QB here when Mack Left(including Ash really) and how many players Charlie had to run off(not to mention how many he probably had to keep that he didn't want to, just so he could field a team) should let yall know we're in a long term rebuild.

This is basically a tear down start from scratch...but being Texas you're not allowed to do that.

Dude gets at least 3 years, and probably more than that if we want this done right.

No it's not what you want to hear, but it's needed.

And until the Oline and QB position is fixed it doesn't matter who the $#@! is fired or who the hell is calling plays...it won't look any better than last night.

And he comparison to Kelly and ND is stupid. His offensive cupboard wasn't left bear like Texas was when Mack left.

asshat Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er's Avatar
    We realize all of that.

The level of play is beyond all of that. The lack of improvement. Hell, the lack of first downs.....

I'm going to stop. When you would give your left nut for case McCoy at this point....$#@!. $#@! $#@!

D2 schools have more success against Alabama. We don't even look like a $#@!ing football team.

Anyone who thinks Texas getting blown out and struggling in all facets of the game is acceptable in a rebuilding year, is a full blown regard. Charlie Strong gets paid more than Urban Meyer, asking for a competitive team to field, or at least one that has made some progress, shouldn't be too much.
    Last edited by Rocko20; 09-06-2015 at 07:15 AM.

asshat neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44's Avatar
    I'm so tired of all the apologists. It's Mack Browns fault. It's the Olines fault. It's Swoopes fault. Blah blah.

Who keeps starting Swoopes? Charlie Strong. If Swooopes isn't good enough, start someone else. If no one else on the roster is good enough, you had two off seasons to get a $#@!ing transfer QB, JUCO, whatever. You didn't. Your fault.

This is not Mack Browns fault. That was two years ago. Let's go through all the coaches who have come in and turned teams around who were also left with or inherited a steaming pile of $#@!. And I'm not saying turned them around in year one, but showed signs of improvement and heading in the right direction. Malzahn at Auburn. Sumlin at Aggy. Briles at Baylor. Ole Miss coach. UCLA coach. Chad Morris at SMU. Harsin at Boise State.

It's not the Olines fault. Yes they suck. If your oline can't pass block for $#@!, then call some $#@!ing screens to slow down the rush. Or if they are that bad, you should have got more JUCO help.

asshat Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er Shaggy Gold Club Old96er's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neonmoon44 View Post
    I'm so tired of all the apologists. It's Mack Browns fault. It's the Olines fault. It's Swoopes fault. Blah blah.

Who keeps starting Swoopes? Charlie Strong. If Swooopes isn't good enough, start someone else. If no one else on the roster is good enough, you had two off seasons to get a $#@!ing transfer QB, JUCO, whatever. You didn't. Your fault.

This is not Mack Browns fault. That was two years ago. Let's go through all the coaches who have come in and turned teams around who were also left with or inherited a steaming pile of $#@!. And I'm not saying turned them around in year one, but showed signs of improvement and heading in the right direction. Malzahn at Auburn. Sumlin at Aggy. Briles at Baylor. Ole Miss coach. UCLA coach. Chad Morris at SMU. Harsin at Boise State.

It's not the Olines fault. Yes they suck. If your oline can't pass block for $#@!, then call some $#@!ing screens to slow down the rush. Or if they are that bad, you should have got more JUCO help.

Yep. The blame game apologists need to stop. Judge the man from game one to yesterday. Have you seen anything that shows progress or direction?

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 5 of 431 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast