+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Millennials are morons

asshat Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero's Avatar
    The real test wouldn't load properly on my iPad so I, whoa, total milf in sundress, this orange mocha frappuccino is awesome.

asshat Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves's Avatar
    Life ain't always perfect- but shit, it's always worth it
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhero View Post
    The real test wouldn't load properly on my iPad so I, whoa, total milf in sundress, this orange mocha frappuccino is awesome.

Try the bacon whiskey, brah

asshat Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes
    Quote Originally Posted by Llano Estacado View Post
    I've posted it before in other millennial threads, but I think they era of 20yr peer groups for demographers is over. Technology changes the way we live too quickly now and it blurs the generational lines. Sure the biggest events will still have some cohesion, (were you at work or middle school for Pearl Harbor, JFK Assassination, or 9/11, etc) but other than that a child born in the early 80s has little in common with a child born in the early 00s. You need a small Gen Y at the early 80s.

1776 to 1861 (100 years pretty much one peer group)
    1861 to 1917 (65 years pretty much one peer group)
    1917 to 1946 - 30 years
    1946 to 1964ish - 20ish years
    1964ish to 1980ish - 15ish years
    1980ish to 2000ish (some went to the mall to shop with paper money, watched 4 OTA tv channels growing up, had to plan ahead of time and used paper maps, others will rarely use paper anything, will never know what it is like to be lost, and can communicate with almost anyone on the planet instantly at any time, last few years will probably have self driving electric cars on the road when they turn 16.)

Seriously, I recommend the book 'Generations' by Strauss and Howe, because there's a whole 'nuther layer of generational dynamics and analysis, which is where the real meat is.

Deputy Dawg Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen.
    They are lazy as $#@!. Never learned what work is rally is. Blame their worthess parents. To them working at the mall is a job. Try commerical roofing, steelwork, surveying, factory work at 16-21 years old.

asshat OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard's Avatar
    Where the high water mark of the 60's crashed ashore
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    . Try commerical roofing, steelwork, surveying, factory work at 16-21 years old.
    We got the Browns for that $#@! man........

i think the delineating events between gen y and millenials are...

1.) columbine - if you can remember columbine affecting rules at your school (post columbine everyone had to wear student IDs at all times, have clear backpacks, no long coats, etc)
    2.) iraq 1 - if you can remember watching live coverage of desert storm or the actual push into iraq
    3.) 9-11 - if you can remember travelling without post 9-11 rules

if you can remember all of those, you're Gen Y.

whew

Welp, I'm definitely not gen y

asshat RDCanecutter Probably Shaggy upper class RDCanecutter Probably Shaggy upper class RDCanecutter Probably Shaggy upper class RDCanecutter Probably Shaggy upper class RDCanecutter Probably Shaggy upper class RDCanecutter Probably Shaggy upper class RDCanecutter Probably Shaggy upper class RDCanecutter Probably Shaggy upper class RDCanecutter Probably Shaggy upper class RDCanecutter Probably Shaggy upper class RDCanecutter Probably Shaggy upper class RDCanecutter's Avatar
    I was an avant-garde millennial back in the early 70s. These current $#@!sticks are just now catchin up to me.

asshat Horn Under a Bad Sign Shaggy Gold Club Horn Under a Bad Sign Shaggy Gold Club Horn Under a Bad Sign Shaggy Gold Club Horn Under a Bad Sign Shaggy Gold Club Horn Under a Bad Sign Shaggy Gold Club Horn Under a Bad Sign Shaggy Gold Club Horn Under a Bad Sign Shaggy Gold Club Horn Under a Bad Sign Shaggy Gold Club Horn Under a Bad Sign Shaggy Gold Club Horn Under a Bad Sign Shaggy Gold Club Horn Under a Bad Sign Shaggy Gold Club Horn Under a Bad Sign's Avatar
    I was at a party talking to the 24 year old daughter of another person at the party. She got a degree in RTF in May and lives in Austin. I said, "so how is the job search coming?" She told me that she couldn't get one. Realizing that a) the unemployment rate in Austin is about 3% b) she's reasonably intelligent and c) she's quite pretty, I asked if she'd had any offers. She said that she'd had working for a film "production house" one but it only paid 15 dollars per hour and that they wanted her to work full-time and she wants to work 25-30 hours per week.

So she's 24, has a degree in RTF, is unwilling to work for "only" 15 dollars per hour and unwilling to work full-time.

She's going to be waylaid in the forehead by a 2 x 4 known as reality at some point but right now her parents are still subsidizing her.

asshat OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Horn Under a Bad Sign View Post
    I was at a party talking to the 24 year old daughter of another person at the party. She got a degree in RTF in May and lives in Austin. I said, "so how is the job search coming?" She told me that she couldn't get one. Realizing that a) the unemployment rate in Austin is about 3% b) she's reasonably intelligent and c) she's quite pretty, I asked if she'd had any offers. She said that she'd had working for a film "production house" one but it only paid 15 dollars per hour and that they wanted her to work full-time and she wants to work 25-30 hours per week.

So she's 24, has a degree in RTF, is unwilling to work for "only" 15 dollars per hour and unwilling to work full-time.

She's going to be waylaid in the forehead by a 2 x 4 known as reality at some point but right now her parents are still subsidizing her.
    I need Duct tape, at least one roll please........

asshat fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    I have a millennial who works for me. She's highly intelligent and very well-educated. I can show her a complex, multistep procedure, and she gets it the first time. Will do it perfectly thereafter. However, she absolutely CANNOT apply critical thinking, work independently, or problem solve. She asks me 80,000 questions a day and is petrified if I say something like "I'm busy; can you figure out a solution?" I have to say things like "before you come ask me a question, write down the 3 things you've done to solve the problem first". A good part of it is that she's laaaaazy as fuuuuck. 90% of her questions could be answered by the goddamned googles. Why would she figure $#@! out when I can just do it for her?

I don't give a $#@! if she's "smart".Being so $#@!ing hand-held and hovered over her whole life kills her value as an employee. She's 24.

Parents: STOP $#@!ING BABYING YOUR KIDS. You're ruining them.
    Sorry not sorry for lulzing at the thought of your facial expression after these encounters.

asshat Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cesprink View Post
    So the generations that have run up $17-18B in debt are lecturing us about practical math and problem-solving?

If anything were just following your example and saying $#@! IT, PUT IT ON THE CARD
    lol! Works for aggy, right?

"We're only cheating because everyone else does it"

Definitely the best way to NOT make things better for the next bunch, which will have a nice little catch phrase to disparage the new generation. My dad always said that every generation thinks this $#@!...until they get old.

asshat CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack's Avatar
    I wonder how the generation of kids born 2010 and onward is going to be. The ones who learned how to navigate an iPad at 2 years old, who watch Minecraft youtube tutorials and then replicate what they've learned at 5, and rarely get to eat things like McDonalds or Hershey's or Fruit Loops or Capri Suns, but instead are growing up on Annie's, Honest Kids, Simply Balanced and 365.

Will they be superheroes or will they be a generation of people who have amazing and talented people with drive intermixed with $#@!-ups and idiots and lazy people like every other generation that ever generationed?

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt's Avatar

if she's hot, she'll land a prime MRS gig

Seleccion Suprema No. 1 Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CutTheCrackJack View Post
    I wonder how the generation of kids born 2010 and onward is going to be. The ones who learned how to navigate an iPad at 2 years old, who watch Minecraft youtube tutorials and then replicate what they've learned at 5, and rarely get to eat things like McDonalds or Hershey's or Fruit Loops or Capri Suns, but instead are growing up on Annie's, Honest Kids, Simply Balanced and 365.

Will they be superheroes or will they be a generation of people who have amazing and talented people with drive intermixed with $#@!-ups and idiots and lazy people like every other generation that ever generationed?
    I really wonder about this. I interviewed a Millenial a few months ago and when I asked him where he thought he'd be in 5 years, he said "CEO of this company." I don't get it.

Banned evilseven Shaggy Bronze Club evilseven Shaggy Bronze Club evilseven Shaggy Bronze Club evilseven Shaggy Bronze Club evilseven Shaggy Bronze Club evilseven Shaggy Bronze Club evilseven Shaggy Bronze Club evilseven Shaggy Bronze Club evilseven Shaggy Bronze Club evilseven Shaggy Bronze Club evilseven Shaggy Bronze Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    whew

asshat RayDog Shaggy Bronze Club RayDog Shaggy Bronze Club RayDog Shaggy Bronze Club RayDog Shaggy Bronze Club RayDog Shaggy Bronze Club RayDog Shaggy Bronze Club RayDog Shaggy Bronze Club RayDog Shaggy Bronze Club RayDog Shaggy Bronze Club RayDog Shaggy Bronze Club RayDog Shaggy Bronze Club

Sounds like they will be hipsters taken to a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    Seriously, I recommend the book 'Generations' by Strauss and Howe, because there's a whole 'nuther layer of generational dynamics and analysis, which is where the real meat is.
    I still say there is a huge difference between the kids that can remember a time before the internet versus those who can't. 1992-3 or so as a birth day.

I would like to stress to everyone in the thread that not all younger people are like this and it's probably more irritating to have these people as your peers than watch them from a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by iShag View Post
    I still say there is a huge difference between the kids that can remember a time before the internet versus those who can't. 1992-3 or so as a birth day.

I would like to stress to everyone in the thread that not all younger people are like this and it's probably more irritating to have these people as your peers than watch them from a distance.
    No not all for sure, but definitely a larger number than pre interwebz/cell phone. I cannot even imagine hearing some one say they would turn down a full time job opportunity right out of college because they didn't want a full time job, even with $#@!ty pay. It was called paying your dues.

I'm not sure some kids can even mouth those words today.

Of course college didn't cost what it does today either.

Quote Originally Posted by iShag View Post
    This

Quote Originally Posted by gsoda3 View Post

1.) columbine - if you can remember columbine affecting rules at your school (post columbine everyone had to wear student IDs at all times, have clear backpacks, no long coats, etc)
    2.) iraq 1 - if you can remember watching live coverage of desert storm or the actual push into iraq

I agree with these criteria though as an aside, I was a junior in high school at the time and I don't recall a single rule change at school post-Columbine.

asshat C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    One of those two guys -- can't remember which -- is the one that came up with the label "Millenials."

asshat Super Adjuster Shaggy Bronze Club Super Adjuster Shaggy Bronze Club Super Adjuster Shaggy Bronze Club Super Adjuster Shaggy Bronze Club Super Adjuster Shaggy Bronze Club Super Adjuster Shaggy Bronze Club Super Adjuster Shaggy Bronze Club Super Adjuster Shaggy Bronze Club Super Adjuster Shaggy Bronze Club Super Adjuster Shaggy Bronze Club Super Adjuster Shaggy Bronze Club Super Adjuster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPhlegm View Post
    Well this it ignorance hasnt changed since '69 when I first started working with computers. Some of us understand it but most people are stupid $#@!s so this millenial dumbfuckery IS NOTHING NEW.

I remember in 72 taking stat310 to get an easy a to bring my gpa up and walking into the computer room in the beb to run my deck and having to put a slack jawed moron look on my face to hand my deck to the operator because if you looked like you knew what all this computer $#@! was about you would be besiged with all these business cretins taking management, marketing, accounting and other boring drone $#@! asking for help because they were too $#@!ing stupid to comprehend this computer stuff.

Ps i got an A in stat310 because i kept correcting the idoit teacher in class because he did not have a grasp of what he was teaching ie utterly $#@!ing clueless and the said he would give me an A if i didnt come back to class.

And all through my career I have had to deal with these types.

There aint nuthin new under the sun.
    Literacy? Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.

asshat CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RayDog View Post
    Sounds like they will be hipsters taken to a new level.
    so you are saying im doing it wrong?

I have one of those kids. I am insisting she limit tube time, read, draw with a pencil and crayons, memorize poetry. I intend for her to learn cursive and diagram sentences. I figure she'll get enough of the computer stuff on her own.

I am a Millennial with several Gen Xers who work for me. I don't even know how to turn on a computer, I tried to figure it out one time and got dizzy and had to lie down.

I pretty much just play Pokemon all day while Snapchatting my friends about Instagrams and make the old people do all the work.

Quote Originally Posted by statsman View Post
    I have one of those kids. I am insisting she limit tube time, read, draw with a pencil and crayons, memorize poetry. I intend for her to learn cursive and diagram sentences. I figure she'll get enough of the computer stuff on her own.
    I make mine do all the trendy things for the bumper stickers so other parents know who they are dealing with when I pull up to the scene, like Art class at Oil & Cotton in Bishop Arts, Dallas children's theatre, a myriad of early childhood programs at Perot, Fantasia dance co., Dallas zoo Safari pre-k etc. Not including private school tuition (which isn't high for the location and grade), kids of millennial's are too expensive and I'm poor to begin with.
    Last edited by CutTheCrackJack; 09-27-2015 at 11:25 PM.

asshat mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini's Avatar
    I've been a $#@!head to both my millenials. Life after me will be a cakewalk.

asshat NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop's Avatar
    I have a millennial who works for me. She's highly intelligent and very well-educated. I can show her a complex, multistep procedure, and she gets it the first time. Will do it perfectly thereafter. However, she absolutely CANNOT apply critical thinking, work independently, or problem solve. She asks me 80,000 questions a day and is petrified if I say something like "I'm busy; can you figure out a solution?" I have to say things like "before you come ask me a question, write down the 3 things you've done to solve the problem first". A good part of it is that she's laaaaazy as fuuuuck. 90% of her questions could be answered by the goddamned googles. Why would she figure $#@! out when I can just do it for her?

I don't give a $#@! if she's "smart".Being so $#@!ing hand-held and hovered over her whole life kills her value as an employee. She's 24.

LOL you're married to a Millennial

ftr I was born in 82. Don't consider myself gen X or Millennial..

asshat NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop's Avatar
    btw this is how I see it (at least based on me, which is probably a bad representative)

GenX - "Let's find a problem and fix it"

GenY - "Find me a problem and I'll fix it"

Millennials - "Find me a problem, and help me fix it"

asshat shigginz is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. shigginz is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. shigginz is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. shigginz is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. shigginz is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. shigginz is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. shigginz is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. shigginz is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. shigginz is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. shigginz is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. shigginz is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. shigginz's Avatar
    Kickin' in the front seat, Sittin' in the back seat
    Quote Originally Posted by statsman View Post
    memorize poetry.
    You monster.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthLoop View Post
    btw this is how I see it (at least based on me, which is probably a bad representative)

Which is the "me" generation? "These are the problems I've found, fix them for me (now)."

Shaggy Goon MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction's Avatar
    I work in IT support. The 20-30 age group here is mind bottlingly stupid at all things. Not just technology. The most common ticket I get is for PC speaker issues. 99 times out of 100 the idiot doesn't have the volume turned up.

asshat Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club
    So learning the fine points of triggering and micro-aggresion isn't the best education you can receive? Who woulda thunk it?

When I was in high school, clear backpacks were catching on -- not because disaffected suburban youth were shooting up schools, but rather the nation was caught up in the mid-90s drug gang hysteria.

That may differentiate tail-end Gen X from Y/Millenials.

P.S. When did Gen Y and the Millenials become two different things? I thought Millenials were Gen Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou415 View Post
    I agree with these criteria though as an aside, I was a junior in high school at the time and I don't recall a single rule change at school post-Columbine.
    you went to westlake right? you guys didn't have to wear IDs or have visitor restrictions etc? i was a jr at plano when columbine happened. my senior year we had to be wearing visible student IDs at all times, we couldn't have friends from other schools on campus, and we weren't allowed to wear hats or long coats on campus and in classrooms we weren't allowed to wear even normal waist-length jackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Six View Post
    P.S. When did Gen Y and the Millenials become two different things? I thought Millenials were Gen Y.
    i think that's what we're trying to differentiate. b/c there's a big difference between a someone born in the first few years of the 80s and someone born in the first few years of the 90s.

A bunch of old people in the workplace suck too, for a lot of reasons, some stereotypical, some not. Every generation has something about them as a whole that sucks. I'm in the lost early 80's births. Not Gen-X, but not Millenial. I remember a time before the internet which is the dividing line, as discussed above. I have worked with good millenials and bad ones. I always laugh when people bitch about entire generations based on an experience with the stereotype. Especially when they ignore the weaknesses in their own generation. Don't hire $#@!ty employees, or fire them when they turn out to be $#@!ty. It's pretty simple and universal and spans employees of all generations.

So true. The number of kids I take classes with that showed up to their internships for example, and $#@!ed around until people gave them things to do is just incredible. They couldn't understand why I was exhausted with a lot of work. I went looking you little $#@!s.

Which is the "me" generation? "These are the problems I've found, fix them for me (now)."
    Trick question. They all are.

asshat Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek's Avatar

Boomers - "It is not my problem."

GenX - "I found a problem and fixed it or gave it to person Y to fix"

edited

asshat Flaming Moderate Shaggy Bronze Club Flaming Moderate Shaggy Bronze Club Flaming Moderate Shaggy Bronze Club Flaming Moderate Shaggy Bronze Club Flaming Moderate Shaggy Bronze Club Flaming Moderate Shaggy Bronze Club Flaming Moderate Shaggy Bronze Club Flaming Moderate Shaggy Bronze Club Flaming Moderate Shaggy Bronze Club Flaming Moderate Shaggy Bronze Club Flaming Moderate Shaggy Bronze Club Flaming Moderate's Avatar
    There is a reason everyone loves the Mormons ... those kids are unicorns among the idiocracy of the millenials. That's because they actually have to work hard and give back. If I see a kid from BYU I'll hire sight unseen. They're respectful and responsible.

asshat CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    They are lazy as $#@!. Never learned what work is rally is. Blame their worthess parents. To them working at the mall is a job. Try commerical roofing, steelwork, surveying, factory work at 16-21 years old.
    Commence exiting my grassy frontage posthaste.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
    edited
    That's a lot better than "it ain't my problem. "

you went to westlake right? you guys didn't have to wear IDs or have visitor restrictions etc? i was a jr at plano when columbine happened. my senior year we had to be wearing visible student IDs at all times, we couldn't have friends from other schools on campus, and we weren't allowed to wear hats or long coats on campus and in classrooms we weren't allowed to wear even normal waist-length jackets.
    We had rules against non-students coming on campus (at least without first checking in at the office) prior to Columbine, but no, we didn't have to wear IDs or have clear backpacks and I don't recall any changes to the dress code.

Who picked the test takers for each age group and what assurances do I have that they are representative of each generation? I guess this is the semi-frequent thread where we can all bitch about a generation of people while painting with broad brushes, however.

"Every generation but mine is terrible", said every generation for all of history. Am I doing this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Moderate View Post
    There is a reason everyone loves the Mormons ... those kids are unicorns among the idiocracy of the millenials. That's because they actually have to work hard and give back. If I see a kid from BYU I'll hire sight unseen. They're respectful and responsible.
    Kidding aside, I quietly have total respect for them. The overwhelming majority are good, kind people who practice what they preach. I think their beliefs are silly but..not saying a damn thing so long as that is the case.

Faux Aggy hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew's Avatar

Testify sister, Testify!

asshat Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox's Avatar
    Can't imagine anything more pathetic than making blanket statements about an entire generation because you want to feel better about whatever age you were born in.

You are a $#@!ing moron if you have participated in this stupidity.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast