+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Millennials are morons

asshat sidis Shaggy Gold Club sidis Shaggy Gold Club sidis Shaggy Gold Club sidis Shaggy Gold Club sidis Shaggy Gold Club sidis Shaggy Gold Club sidis Shaggy Gold Club sidis Shaggy Gold Club sidis Shaggy Gold Club sidis Shaggy Gold Club sidis Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneezy View Post
    Who picked the test takers for each age group and what assurances do I have that they are representative of each generation? I guess this is the semi-frequent thread where we can all bitch about a generation of people while painting with broad brushes, however.

"Every generation but mine is terrible", said every generation for all of history. Am I doing this right?
    the only thing missing from this thread is the bull$#@! nostalgia crap about being able to play outside and riding your bike all day and getting into fights and bla bla bla. these threads are so god damned pathetic that it makes my head spin...it does nothing beyond giving people the opportunity to feel good about their self-image and perceived hard-working disposition that may or may not be entirely delusional anyway...and almost certainly reflect an inability to understand relativism. it also demonstrates that they are so narcissistic that they don't realize that they themselves belonged to generations that were equally maligned by the preceding generations. they come like clockwork though. i have hired quite a few millenials over the last four years...some of them have been awesome and instilled great values by their families/environment and manifest them regularly. two of them were incompetent (and hired by someone else). they were removed as was the person who hired them. same as every large group of people. marty from true detective nailed it.

a lot of you people bitching about millenials were considered the mtv generation.

and more from xkcd, this is a somewhat apropos analogy.

asshat Montag Shaggy Gold Club Montag Shaggy Gold Club Montag Shaggy Gold Club Montag Shaggy Gold Club Montag Shaggy Gold Club Montag Shaggy Gold Club Montag Shaggy Gold Club Montag Shaggy Gold Club Montag Shaggy Gold Club Montag Shaggy Gold Club Montag Shaggy Gold Club Montag's Avatar
    tl;dr

asshat sidis Shaggy Gold Club sidis Shaggy Gold Club sidis Shaggy Gold Club sidis Shaggy Gold Club sidis Shaggy Gold Club sidis Shaggy Gold Club sidis Shaggy Gold Club sidis Shaggy Gold Club sidis Shaggy Gold Club sidis Shaggy Gold Club sidis Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Reeves View Post
    Try the bacon whiskey, brah
    ironic coming from someone who started this thread...

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/sho...land-For-9-Yrs

asshat SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    Their loosing to much time deciding weather the test is microaggressive or knot.
    *They're, *losing, *too... oh, I catch your drift.

Quote Originally Posted by SBBruin View Post
    *They're, *losing, *too... oh, I catch your drift.
    yeah - I was going to rep him but couldn't decide on positive or negative

asshat Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sidis View Post
    marty from true detective nailed it.]
    get off my lawn

asshat NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn's Avatar
    I like the arbitrary definitions of what does or doesn't classify a millennial posted on this thread by those of us who were born in the early birth years used to define them. Don't remember life before the internet? Not a millennial. Nevermind that some folks don't remember things from the same age as others. Don't remember the changes like see through backpacks and ID cards after Columbine, you must be a millennial. Sucks for you if you remember Columbine clearly but you came from a more rural area where folks just weren't all that worried.

asshat TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout's Avatar
    It doesn't help that colleges are giving out diplomas like candy and constantly brag about how many people they have enrolled or as alumni...looking at you, aggy.

Y'all are some salty old $#@!s

asshat TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vicerous View Post
    Y'all are some salty old $#@!s
    Get off my lawn.

Banned Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club Tailleur17 Shaggy Bronze Club
    75% of the people over 40 at my office spend their day trolling the hallways telling everyone else how fantastic they are at their job, complain about having to learn new software/technology, whine about attending free training sessions, take hour and a half lunch breaks, bitch and moan about how hard their lives are in and out of work, and then leave no later than 4:00 PM because they have to "beat traffic" to make it home to Katy/Woodlands/Kingwood after putting in a solid 7 hour day.

asshat OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard's Avatar
    Where the high water mark of the 60's crashed ashore
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailleur17 View Post
    75% of the people over 40 at my office spend their day trolling the hallways telling everyone else how fantastic they are at their job, complain about having to learn new software/technology, whine about attending free training sessions, take hour and a half lunch breaks, bitch and moan about how hard their lives are in and out of work, and then leave no later than 4:00 PM because they have to "beat traffic" to make it home to Katy/Woodlands/Kingwood after putting in a solid 7 hour day.

Well, see we folks born before the millennial line know how to get 8 hours of work in a 7 hour block, so we got that goin' for us............ You snivelin' pup.

Seleccion Suprema No. 1 Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo's Avatar
    The 1890s seemed kind of angsty.

I'm technically an early Millennial, but I have very little in common with the new hires at work. Forget the work ethic and entitlement, they don't even have the same pop culture memories be it music, movies, toys, technology, etc. One didn't even know Magic Johnson has the HIV. No way in hell I'm the same generation as these kids.

asshat Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthLoop View Post
    btw this is how I see it (at least based on me, which is probably a bad representative)

GenX - "Let's find a problem and fix it"

GenY - "Find me a problem and I'll fix it"

Millennials - "Find me a problem, and help me fix it"

I guess posting a picture of your vegan oatmeal to Instagram doesn't count as "technology literate".

asshat Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the immortal Elvis Presto View Post
    I would've missed the sample question about converting to celsius bc i only know how to do the double and add 32. But I live in gat dang Murrica and don't need no celsius thermometer!

I do have a millenial that works for me and she is smart and gets her work done. I barely have to check up on her at all bc she's proactive and does things before I even have to ask her. The bad news is she's like a damn unicorn and she's in grad school so will be leaving me soon.
    There was no sample question where you had to convert to celsius. Both temps were on the thermometer, you just had to subtract 30 from 25. Congrats, you are now a contestant on Are You Smarter Than A Millennial?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthLoop View Post
    btw this is how I see it (at least based on me, which is probably a bad representative)

GenX - "Let's find a problem and fix it"

GenY - "Find me a problem and I'll fix it"

Millennials - "Find me a problem, and help me fix it"
    I think many people in this thread are confusing "new hires/young professionals" with millennials.

New hires in their first office job have pretty much been worthless since the beginning of time. Yes, even you.

asshat Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero Shaggy Silver Club Superhero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Moderate View Post
    There is a reason everyone loves the Mormons ... those kids are unicorns among the idiocracy of the millenials. That's because they actually have to work hard and give back. If I see a kid from BYU I'll hire sight unseen. They're respectful and responsible.
    Agree for the most part. Definitely a higher percentage who are smart, responsible and hard working. But still have their fair share of lazy morons from my experience

At my previous job, I got a batch of recent college grads every 12-18 months. Strong correlation between smarts and which school they attended. Hard working and responsible was a total crapshoot. And if there's one group of kids I'd hire without even interviewing, it'd be engineers out of Purdue. Every one I've worked with has been top notch.

asshat mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini's Avatar
    How many know how to change a tire?

Pretty much none that I've met.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonkr15 View Post
    I do.

asshat shigginz Shaggy Bronze Club shigginz Shaggy Bronze Club shigginz Shaggy Bronze Club shigginz Shaggy Bronze Club shigginz Shaggy Bronze Club shigginz Shaggy Bronze Club shigginz Shaggy Bronze Club shigginz Shaggy Bronze Club shigginz Shaggy Bronze Club shigginz Shaggy Bronze Club shigginz Shaggy Bronze Club shigginz's Avatar
    Kickin' in the front seat, Sittin' in the back seat
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonkr15 View Post
    Would love to find out how you have managed to bring up changing car tires in conversation with all the millennials you run into during your day.

Quote Originally Posted by shigginz View Post
    Would love to find out how you have managed to bring up changing car tires in conversation with all the millennials you run into during your day.
    One of them probably found a quarter stuck to the tire and asked about it

Quote Originally Posted by shigginz View Post
    Conversations occur and it becomes apparent that they have absolutely zero skills that grown men should possess.

asshat Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22's Avatar
    In Tom Herman's box not looking like Tom Herman
    Labels don't matter. Just be better than the masses. Whether it be a computer illiterate boomer, a whiny Gen Xer, or a useless millennial. You're just bitching about your family members. You were raised by the boomer and raised a bunch of worthless pussies. Get over it and stop throwing stones in the glass house.

Millennials do indeed suck. I'm 35, so I'm right on the line being born in '79 but I HATE anybody my age or younger. I hate them.

Men - Total pussies who ask their wives for permission to get a class of juice or let their son play football or ride his bike to school. They don't spank their children, cause the wife thinks that's for cave men and time out makes more sense, see they read this psychology blog, and it says so right here. Oh and if not married, just a 28 year old scared little frat boy douche bag, who's got to used Tinder to score chicks because again he's a pussy and he's too scared to approach a girl in public and introduce himself like a gentleman. Video games and fantasy football. An emasculated shell of manhood.

Women - Total pussies who want the world to treat them like queens and blow sunshine up their ass about their bodies, their career choices and their parenting. No one is allowed to tell these bitches a damn thing and if you do, it's MOM BLOG to the rescue. Mom Blogs are the greatest threat to our society today, I swear to God. These women have an excuse for everything. What them cook?? How degrading. Oh and don't you dare judge them because their house looks like a $#@! heap 24/7, that's what happens when you have kids; no, no, it has nothing at all to do with just being a lazy ass. Their crazy ass 3 year old; yeah the one who's got teeth and eats cheerios and goldfish, he's also still sucking titty. How else are we going to raise another pussy to take his father's place? Kid's already a real dynamo. Bounces of the walls 24/7 breaking anything in sight, "no!" is his favorite word and isn't it just so cute, he's got so much spunk!

I say this with all seriousness, we're $#@!ed. Society is heading for a very dark time because Son of Millennial is coming and we'll be lucky to live through it.

All that being said, just as Son of Millennial is the product of his parents, Millennial is the product of his. The people who were born in the 60's and 70's and had their kids in the mid 80's and 90's started this $#@!. It didn't come from nowhere. It came out of those piece of $#@! hippies. Their still $#@!ing $#@! up today.
    Last edited by drycreek; 09-30-2015 at 08:54 AM.

asshat bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club
    Now that's an impressive rant

Well done.

Born in '80, don't consider myself a millennial. Overall, I think they are just a reflection of the changes that have come about in their lifetime. Generalizing:

The bad:

Millennial men can't build or fix $#@! like their grandparents could. Millennial women can't (and won't) cook.
    Millennials aren't down for working a job they hate. Call it entitlement, call it wising up.
    Millennials count on technology to take care of most things.
    They might puss out if there's a war.
    Selfish AF. Dramatic. Posuers. All talk.

The good:

They are computer wizards.
    They are more educated and worldly.
    They want to avoid war.
    Despite being selfish, for the most part they're good people that genuinely want to make the world a better place.

I know plenty of millennials who are badasses. And I'm encouraged so far by the generation behind them. Maybe Im just getting sucked in by the innocence of children, but it seems like most of the little kids I know are on their way to being good people. Sure, there are plenty of turdburglars, but overall I'm encouraged. It's the boomers who $#@!ed us.

well,, it hard to say TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie probably preboards planes TexasGangorDie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drycreek View Post
    Millennials do indeed suck. I'm 35, so I'm right on the line being born in '79 but I HATE anybody my age or younger. I hate them.

Men - Total pussies who ask their wives for permission to get a class of juice or let their son play football or ride his bike to school. They don't spank their children, cause the wife thinks that's for cave men and time out makes more sense, see they read this psychology blog, and it says so right here. Oh and if not married, just a 28 year old scared little frat boy douche bag, who's got to used Tinder to score chicks because again he's a pussy and he's too scared to approach a girl in public and introduce himself like a gentleman. Video games and fantasy football. An emasculated shell of manhood.

Women - Total pussies who want the world to treat them like queens and blow sunshine up their ass about their bodies, their career choices and their parenting. No one is allowed to tell these bitches a damn thing and if you do, it's MOM BLOG to the rescue. Mom Blogs are the greatest threat to our society today, I swear to God. These women have an excuse for everything. What them cook?? How degrading. Oh and don't you dare judge them because their house looks like a $#@! heap 24/7, that's what happens when you have kids; no, no, it has nothing at all to do with just being a lazy ass. Their crazy ass 3 year old; yeah the one who's got teeth and eats cheerios and goldfish, he's also still sucking titty. How else are we going to raise another pussy to take his father's place? Kid's already a real dynamo. Bounces of the walls 24/7 breaking anything in sight, "no!" is his favorite word and isn't it just so cute, he's got so much spunk!

I say this with all seriousness, we're $#@!ed. Society is heading for a very dark time because Son of Millennial is coming and we'll be lucky to live through it.

All that being said, just as Son of Millennial is the product of his parents, Millennial is the product of his. The people who were born in the 60's and 70's and had their kids in the mid 80's and 90's started this $#@!. It didn't come from nowhere. It came out of those piece of $#@! hippies. Their still $#@!ing $#@! up today.
    *They're

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGangorDie View Post
    *They're
    I tried. I really did but it never fails I'm good for at least one wrong use of their, there or they're. English, it's got issues.

I'm a millennial, but this is a solid rant.

sounds like you do a fairly $#@!ty job of self-segregating with high quality people. you hang out with some seriously terrible knuckleheads. i know virtually no people that reflect these characteristics.

i can't believe you and i are the same age...given your posting history, i would have sworn you were at least 78.

asshat OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard Shaggy Platinum OnBoard's Avatar
    sounds like you do a fairly $#@!ty job of self-segregating with high quality people. you hang out with some seriously terrible knuckleheads. i know virtually no people that reflect these characteristics.

i can't believe you and i are the same age...given your posting history, i would have sworn you were at least 78.
    Really ? I know people exactly like this. I also know quality millenials that kick the ass of most boomers and Gen Xers'. Emasculation, gender bending, today I'm a him tomorrow I'm a her, the next day I may be an it. THAT is the millennial baggage created by millenials. Ya can't put that on us boomers… yer little whiny millenials did that.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBoard View Post
    Really ? I know people exactly like this. I also know quality millenials that kick the ass of most boomers and Gen Xers'. Emasculation, gender bending, today I'm a him tomorrow I'm a her, the next day I may be an it. THAT is the millennial baggage created by millenials. Ya can't put that on us boomers… yer little whiny millenials did that.
    I'm sorry, you think millenials invented gay and/or transgender people?

Yeah, that's not what I said at all (but I'm sure you knew that).

What they are creating/championing are non gender specific categories that don't hold true from one day to the next.

Best compliment I've ever received on Shaggy.

this is either the least self-aware post ever made on a board or the most moronic.

Yeah, that's not what I said at all (but I'm sure you knew that).

What they are creating/championing are non gender specific categories that don't hold true from one day to the next.
    I honestly don't understand your point. It sure sounded like you thought that people self-identifying as another gender was a millenial invention.

As for your follow up post, what non gender specific categories are being created or championed by millenials? Are these beliefs related, in your mind, to someone's gender identification?

dead from aggy misery od Ghost of LL Shaggy Gold Club Ghost of LL Shaggy Gold Club Ghost of LL Shaggy Gold Club Ghost of LL Shaggy Gold Club Ghost of LL Shaggy Gold Club Ghost of LL Shaggy Gold Club Ghost of LL Shaggy Gold Club Ghost of LL Shaggy Gold Club Ghost of LL Shaggy Gold Club Ghost of LL Shaggy Gold Club Ghost of LL Shaggy Gold Club Ghost of LL's Avatar
    They Tried to Make Me Go to Aggy Misery Rehab . . .
    Yes. Yes, I do.

Really ? I know people exactly like this. I also know quality millenials that kick the ass of most boomers and Gen Xers'.
    Honestly, I agree with this. My rant was just that, a rant. And while I still think most of it's true that's not to say that Millennials have no redeeming qualities and that there's not people under the age of 35 that's aren't high quality members of society. Of course there are. There just a needle in a hay stack of self entitled naval gazers.

Honestly, I agree with this. My rant was just that, a rant. And while I still think most of it's true that's not to say that Millennials have no redeeming qualities and that there's not people under the age of 35 that's aren't high quality members of society. Of course there are. There just a needle in a hay stack of self entitled naval gazers.
    Yeah I wasn't sure how that wasn't a self aware or idiotic posit. Being part of the boomer generation I see what's come after us and see the better and worse parts of the different age groups. The kids I meet thru my son in the Corps of Cadets @ VT blow the millennials are lazy/entitled argument up a good bit. Then I see the daughter in law of a close friend who has no clue about working, taxes, responsibility, but wants to be married before even finishing college and finding a job (mom and grandma support them).

Sneezy. Check out NPR archives for stories about non gender specific titles, names, labels all championed by the millenials.
    Last edited by OnBoard; 09-30-2015 at 11:05 AM.

Spanking kids is pretty $#@!ed up, though. If you have to hit them to get them to listen to you, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
    Spanking kids is pretty $#@!ed up, though. If you have to hit them to get them to listen to you, you're doing it wrong.
    No.

You're not "hitting" them. Get real pussy. It's a light spanking on the soft butt of a kid to get their attention, society has been doing it since the beginning of time because it works.

This is the typically Millennial attitude, "Listen to us all of human history, we figured it out and can tell you all how stupid you were." No Millennial, you're the dumb ass here and you have everything, and I mean everything backwards.

No.

Get real pussy. It's a light spanking on the soft butt of a kid
    ummmmmmm, goooo on?

asshat CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack's Avatar
    No.

You're not "hitting" them. Get real pussy. It's a light spanking on the soft butt of a kid to get their attention, society has been doing it since the beginning of time because it works.

This is the typically Millennial attitude, "Listen to us all of human history, we figured it out and can tell you all how stupid you were." No Millennial, you're the dumb ass here and you have everything, and I mean everything backwards.
    It's a millennial attitude to build off current knowledge and understanding to evolve and enlighten or make more efficient processes? Is it a whatever generation you are thing to have a built in expiration date for critical thinking and to put your fingers in your ears and defer to the fundamentalist favorite "we've always done it this way, it was better and more pure in the past, don't try and change things" attitude?

Or is this just a biological thing that happens to the male form of our species as we age and is the root of the phenomenon we on the internet call "get off my lawn"?
    Last edited by CutTheCrackJack; 09-30-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CutTheCrackJack View Post
    It's a millennial attitude to build off current knowledge and understanding to evolve and enlighten or make more efficient processes? Is it a whatever generation you are thing to have a built in expiration date for critical thinking and to put your fingers in your ears and defer to the fundamentalist favorite "we've always done it this way, it was better and more pure in the past, don't try and change things" attitude?

Or is this just a biological thing that happens to the male form of our species as we age and is the root of the phenomenon we on the internet call "get off my lawn"?
    Point taken, but these things don't have to be mutually exclusive. Sometimes it's right sometimes is wrong. Now get off my lawn.

Solid rant for sure. A+. My criticism is that the stereotype is based almost entirely on social media, which is dominated by people that fit the stereotype. Most of the smart, well-adjusted, successful millennials I know are responsible users of social media. A clever thought here and there. Share an interesting article from a legitimate source to spark a conversation. A check in at a neat place from time to time. Pictures with the family. All intermittent, maybe once or twice a week at most.

The dumbasses, most of whom are millenials because social media developed simultaneously with them, overwhelm the social media and abuse it. Five to ten posts a day to "look at me!" Sharing of stupid click bait articles about celebrity breakups or "top ten sex positions for airplane bathrooms." Photos of every meal they have throughout the day. Check-ins at the gas station "gettin some gas for lunch, taquitos, yum!" Pictures of them getting wasted without any regard for the fact that anyone can see it, including employers, parents, etc. They are the ones that post the stupid "Facebook Privacy Policy Declaration" dumb$#@! because they can't comprehend for a second that it smells like bull$#@! and is bull$#@!. They are the ones working for Buzzfeed and HuffPo with twelve clickbait nonsense articles a day.

Point being, the stereotype exists, and they are the loudest and most visible. A very large portion of the generation doesn't fit the mold but they aren't as visible because they are doing good jobs and aren't obsessed with attention.
    Last edited by Pistol Pete's Mustache; 09-30-2015 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete's Mustache View Post
    Solid rant for sure. A+. My criticism is that the stereotype is based almost entirely on social media, which is dominated by people that fit the stereotype. Most of the smart, well-adjusted, successful millennials I know are responsible users of social media. A clever thought here and there. Share an interesting article from a legitimate source to spark a conversation. A check in at a neat place from time to time. Pictures with the family. All intermittent, maybe once or twice a week at most.

The dumbasses, most of whom are millenials because social media developed simultaneously with them, overwhelm the social media and abuse it. Five to ten posts a day to "look at me!" Sharing of stupid click bait articles about celebrity breakups or "top ten sex positions for airplane bathrooms." Photos of every meal they have throughout the day. Check-ins at the gas station "gettin some gas for lunch, taquitos, yum!" They are the ones that post the stupid "Facebook Privacy Policy Declaration" dumb$#@! because they can't comprehend for a second that it smells like bull$#@! and is bull$#@!. They are the ones working for Buzzfeed and HuffPo with twelve clickbait nonsense articles a day.

Point being, the stereotype exists, and they are the loudest and most visible. A very large portion of the generation doesn't fit the mold but they aren't as visible because they are doing good jobs and aren't obsessed with attention.
    Don't the fringes/loudest/ most visible often kind of define the typical generation whatever ??

Hippies defined the 60's generation, while still being the minority.

People haven't changed that much, it's the man made world around us that's changed more in my opinion. The drive to succeed is inherent in the overwhelming % of people born 18 years or 90 years ago.

No.

Yeah but it's still the same outcome. You've run out of options, and all you can think to do is physically intimidate a child. Millennials (and by the way, it has been known for generations that spanking is ineffective - so don't pin this on millennials nor should millennials get credit for this advance in popular thinking) demand evidence and research before incorporating something into their routines, and the evidence is pretty clear that spanking not only does not work (http://psycnet.apa.org/psycinfo/2014-12893-001/) but it's also harmful (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2896871/)

Dismiss science if you want, but I am more inclined to side with the people who actually put in the time and effort to investigate their claims, as opposed to blindly following tradition. There is a place for people to blindly follow tradition, and it's College Station. I will have no part in that.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast