+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 177 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Herman

asshat nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness Shaggy Silver Club nunna yo bizness's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Knight View Post
    We had 3 OC's in 20 years at that time
    Don't know if he was better than Mackovic, but I'd take him over who we had since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Knight View Post
    what?
    He was not considered a great recruiter, not saying he was considered bad, but people wondered if he could recruit at the level a job like Texas requires. There's a reason why last season some were calling him 3 star Charlie. He now has a good rep as a recruiter because of how last year finished, but that was not his rep coming into the job.

Quote Originally Posted by The Banner Year View Post
    He was not considered a great recruiter, not saying he was considered bad, but people wondered if he could recruit at the level a job like Texas requires. There's a reason why last season some were calling him 3 star Charlie. He now has a good rep as a recruiter because of how last year finished, but that was not his rep coming into the job.
    you must only read texags

Wow....

Look at all the players he recruited at Florida and Louisville. And the freshman class he hauled in here.

Just wow

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezy View Post
    you must only read texags
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
    Wow....

Look at all the players he recruited at Florida and Louisville. And the freshman class he hauled in here.

Just wow

Again I'm not saying he was considered a bad recruiter at Louisville, just that people had some questions about his ability to recruit at this level, he then put those questions to rest last year. He may have been considered a good recruiter at Louisville, just not great or elite. Herman has a much better recruiting reputation than Strong did when Strong got to Texas.

Again I'm not saying he was considered a bad recruiter at Louisville, just that people had some questions about his ability to recruit at this level, he then put those questions to rest last year. He may have been considered a good recruiter at Louisville, just not great or elite. Herman has a much better recruiting reputation than Strong did when Strong got to Texas.
    Would like to some evidence for this...he has been a head coach for 1 year. He doesn't even have a recruiting class signed yet. The one he has yet to sign has 1 5-star, who just happens to have an older brother on the squad, and 1 4-star in an 18-man class. Yeah, that may be a step up for Houston, but that isn't going to win you a P5-conference title.

Strong put together some solidly ranked classes at Louisville...and, yeah, they weren't filled with P5-championship level recruits, probably a lot like the class Herman is putting together now but he did it in a place that has a dearth of home-grown talent. Strong did do a darn good job of developing a lot of his guys into NFL draft picks though.

pesca-pescatarian TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TKthunder View Post
    Please name a few guys with real resumes...if you hadn't noticed the pickings are slim these days.
    rickyspub - I'm still interested in your answer to the above question.

rickyspub - I'm still interested in your answer to the above question.
    Just go back to list of big names so many wanted the last time around. Drop out Briles for the rape enabling and Saban for being too old. Patterson didn't want to break the bank when we hired Strong. He said $5M was his limit (and then went cheap on the staff) and that means we weren't going to get any big name guys. If we offer Jimbo Fisher what Saban gets, he would likely consider it. Would David Shaw or Gary Patterson bite on that sort of pay raise? Malzahn has been a bit up and down at Auburn, but he has at least won the SEC. Larry Fedora would be a good pick. Dan Mullen would also be worth a call. I was never sold on Mora, but he has done pretty well at a school that doesn't maximize its efforts in football.

Rivals recruiting ratings at Houston and Louisville from 2009 on. I picked 2009 because it was the last year that Strong would have had no influence on. I don't know how much he added late to the 2010 class, but it still would have been primarily Kragthorpes(?) class. Obviously this year is yet to be concluded so the rankings could be wildly different in a few months, also this is just raw data, I don't know if any extra context is necessary or not, as I am no scholar of Houston or Louisville.

Year Houston Rank Louisville Rank
    2009 61 77
    2010 45 48
    2011 74 29
    2012 60 42
    2013 50 52
    2014 78 40
    2015 90 32
    2016 37 23

Hopefully that formatted well, take whatever conclusions you want from it. My earlier quote on Charlie's recruiting comes from what I remember hearing people say when we hired him. It looks like there recruiting has improved since he left, and Houston also appears to be the tougher place to recruit at. I've been a pretty avid Charlie supporter, he was my 2nd choice of those I considered realistic when we hired him. I still think he can achieve success here at Texas, but this season has led me to doubt whether he will be elite(national championship winner). If we keep Charlie I won't be mad, I just think Herman has more upside at Texas than Charlie does.

pesca-pescatarian TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyspub View Post
    Just go back to list of big names so many wanted the last time around. Drop out Briles for the rape enabling and Saban for being too old. Patterson didn't want to break the bank when we hired Strong. He said $5M was his limit (and then went cheap on the staff) and that means we weren't going to get any big name guys. If we offer Jimbo Fisher what Saban gets, he would likely consider it. Would David Shaw or Gary Patterson bite on that sort of pay raise? Malzahn has been a bit up and down at Auburn, but he has at least won the SEC. Larry Fedora would be a good pick. Dan Mullen would also be worth a call. I was never sold on Mora, but he has done pretty well at a school that doesn't maximize its efforts in football.
    So Jimbo is your home run hire and Fedora and Mullen are your backups...that's a fair list. Personally I'd take Mora over Malzahn but to each his own. Herman is on par with Fedora and Mullen imo. I'd like to see what MSU looks like next year after they lose their QB and I'd like to see if UNC is simply winning a weak ACC in a bad year or if they are truly on the up and up. Just like Herman at UH. I wouldn't have wanted either of the 3 in 2014. Jimbo is the only "resume" coach in my opinion and he's got a ton of red flags hanging around him and his program which would make me hesitate before offering him 5m+.

Rivals recruiting ratings at Houston and Louisville from 2009 on. I picked 2009 because it was the last year that Strong would have had no influence on. I don't know how much he added late to the 2010 class, but it still would have been primarily Kragthorpes(?) class. Obviously this year is yet to be concluded so the rankings could be wildly different in a few months, also this is just raw data, I don't know if any extra context is necessary or not, as I am no scholar of Houston or Louisville.

Year Houston Rank Louisville Rank
    2009 61 77
    2010 45 48
    2011 74 29
    2012 60 42
    2013 50 52
    2014 78 40
    2015 90 32
    2016 37 23

Hopefully that formatted well, take whatever conclusions you want from it. My earlier quote on Charlie's recruiting comes from what I remember hearing people say when we hired him. It looks like there recruiting has improved since he left, and Houston also appears to be the tougher place to recruit at. I've been a pretty avid Charlie supporter, he was my 2nd choice of those I considered realistic when we hired him. I still think he can achieve success here at Texas, but this season has led me to doubt whether he will be elite(national championship winner). If we keep Charlie I won't be mad, I just think Herman has more upside at Texas than Charlie does.
    We'll have to wait and see how Herman's class plays out. As it stands Herman has the #31 class on the 247 composite and that is with several P5 teams (like Texas and OU) having only filled out a small part of their classes. If you take Oliver out of the equation Houston's class drops down to the 50s. I doubt Houston has another older brother from the Houston metro on the roster that happens to have a 5-star little brother that really wants to stay at home.

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasMan View Post
    @MarkBermanFox26: .@CoachTomHerman says he's reached agreement in principle on a new contract with @UHouston

i wonder much u of h paid to buy out his contracts with south carolina and georgia ?

So Jimbo is your home run hire and Fedora and Mullen are your backups...that's a fair list. Personally I'd take Mora over Malzahn but to each his own. Herman is on par with Fedora and Mullen imo. I'd like to see what MSU looks like next year after they lose their QB and I'd like to see if UNC is simply winning a weak ACC in a bad year or if they are truly on the up and up. Just like Herman at UH. I wouldn't have wanted either of the 3 in 2014. Jimbo is the only "resume" coach in my opinion and he's got a ton of red flags hanging around him and his program which would make me hesitate before offering him 5m+.
    I would say Jimbo, Shaw, or Patterson would be the home run hires with Malzahn or Mora a distant 4th. Maybe none of them can be bought. Fedora and Mullen are much, much more proven guys than Herman. Both guys have proven they can win at P5 schools that aren't football powers. Both have won with guys they developed from freshmen. (Fedora also did the trick at a G5.)

To me Herman has done even less than Strong and even with another good year at Houston, we are still just throwing $5M at a guy who has shown no tangible proof they can run a P5 program.

asshat bullet Shaggy Bronze Club bullet Shaggy Bronze Club bullet Shaggy Bronze Club bullet Shaggy Bronze Club bullet Shaggy Bronze Club bullet Shaggy Bronze Club bullet Shaggy Bronze Club bullet Shaggy Bronze Club bullet Shaggy Bronze Club bullet Shaggy Bronze Club bullet Shaggy Bronze Club
    Quote Originally Posted by nunna yo bizness View Post
    The biggest knock I've heard on Major was getting Ash killed as OC, and running some of our RBs into the ground as RB coach. That said, in retrospect I wonder how many of those decisions were Mack telling him to do certain things or stick with certain players. I thought Harsin was the best OC we've had here in a long time, but I thought Major did at least an OK job based on the very limited data we had for him.
    Hartsin produced a dramatic dropoff in production. He only looks good compared to Watson.

asshat bullet Shaggy Bronze Club bullet Shaggy Bronze Club bullet Shaggy Bronze Club bullet Shaggy Bronze Club bullet Shaggy Bronze Club bullet Shaggy Bronze Club bullet Shaggy Bronze Club bullet Shaggy Bronze Club bullet Shaggy Bronze Club bullet Shaggy Bronze Club bullet Shaggy Bronze Club
    That 3 star bit was because that was all he could recruit at Louisville. They had plenty of talent at Florida.

asshat mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost's Avatar
    Would love to see the buyout and list of schools he can leave for on this contract.

ThayerEvansSI: Houston HC Tom Herman signed new 5-year deal this morning for approx. $2.8 million annually & includes $200,000 more for staff per source.

Actually, this tweet tells the buyout which is very easy to pay.

BruceFeldmanCFB: SOURCE: Tom Herman inks new deal w/ #UH at $3 MIL. Buyout is $2.25 next YR. New deal inc. guarantees for significant program improvements.
    Last edited by mdmost; 12-04-2015 at 08:45 AM.

Love that coach Herman has decided to stay

asshat Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76's Avatar
    To me Herman has done even less than Strong and even with another good year at Houston, we are still just throwing $5M at a guy who has shown no tangible proof they can run a P5 program.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip76 View Post
    That's one season with someone else's recruits.

I wonder who the other 4 coaches are that won their first 10 games. I might be sold on Herman if the other 4 won national titles.

Leading Houston to a large number of wins is nice, but let's also remember the 12 game season has only been around for about 15 years. Not a lot of time to accumulate 11 win seasons...even Herman couldn't go undefeated.

One season is potentially a flash in the pan and I would rather not pay $5M for a flash in the pan. I'll obviously feel better about him as a candidate if he repeats the feat next year, but I would rather have someone that has proven they can build or maintain their success for a full recruiting cycle.

asshat Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76's Avatar
    Oh, I'm not advocating dropping $5M a year on this cat.

asshat South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin's Avatar
    What does that mean? Was Tony Levine a phenomenal recruiter who left Hermann with a ton of talent? Serious question, because I don't know the answer, and I'm not sure we can discount Herman's first-year success by just saying he won with his predecessor's players.

asshat Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes
    Contract gives him a $5 mil bonus if UHou joins a P5 conf while he is coaching there.

asshat Peter Jamz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Peter Jamz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Peter Jamz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Peter Jamz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Peter Jamz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Peter Jamz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Peter Jamz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Peter Jamz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Peter Jamz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Peter Jamz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Peter Jamz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Peter Jamz's Avatar
    Tony Levine had good talent for a mid-major team. He was just a $#@!ty game day coach. I remember reading an article where Levine said that the UH offense would change according to what the other team's defense was weak against. It showed on gameday that he had no strategy. The team did lots of things on offense but didn't do anything great. The coogs would usually waste the whole first half feeling out the other team. Lot's of come from behind victories. Exciting, but 7-9 wins were gonna be the best he could do.

Tl;dr: Levine had the ingredients, he just couldn't cook worth a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jamz View Post
    Tony Levine had good talent for a mid-major team. He was just a $#@!ty game day coach. I remember reading an article where Levine said that the UH offense would change according to what the other team's defense was weak against. It showed on gameday that he had no strategy. The team did lots of things on offense but didn't do anything great. The coogs would usually waste the whole first half feeling out the other team. Lot's of come from behind victories. Exciting, but 7-9 wins were gonna be the best he could do.

Tl;dr: Levine had the ingredients, he just couldn't cook worth a damn.
    That was my understanding as well. The cupboard wasn't bare for Herman and the team has a lot of experience, especially on the lines. How do people feel about Herman if he goes 9-3 next year with a less seasoned squad? I remember Strong was considered the hottest commodity after beating Florida, but even though he had the same record the following year, he was considered damaged goods because his team lost to Bortle's UCF team.

If Herman is the best we can do, then I hope to hell he is the second coming of DKR, but I just don't see enough of a resume to feel any confidence that he would turn us around. Obviously, I am still hoping for a stunning turnaround next year rather than a new coach.

asshat GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas's Avatar
    That was my understanding as well. The cupboard wasn't bare for Herman and the team has a lot of experience, especially on the lines. How do people feel about Herman if he goes 9-3 next year with a less seasoned squad? I remember Strong was considered the hottest commodity after beating Florida, but even though he had the same record the following year, he was considered damaged goods because his team lost to Bortle's UCF team.

If Herman is the best we can do, then I hope to hell he is the second coming of DKR, but I just don't see enough of a resume to feel any confidence that he would turn us around. Obviously, I am still hoping for a stunning turnaround next year rather than a new coach.

Who would u think would realistically come to UT and be a better hire than Herman?

If Strong isnt fired after we get blown out by Baylor, then he will be fired at the end of a 7 win season next year. Our next coach will more than likely be Herman. I would be also surprised that if Strong indeed gets another year (which he shouldnt, but hey), that there already isnt some agreement already in place with Herman

Those who think he is Strong part deux either dont watch much college football or are too dumb to see what is going to more than likely happen

asshat Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic's Avatar
    as far from this fuckin place as possible
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenspointTexas View Post
    Who would u think would realistically come to UT and be a better hire than Herman?

If Strong isnt fired after we get blown out by Baylor, then he will be fired at the end of a 7 win season next year. Our next coach will more than likely be Herman. I would be also surprised that if Strong indeed gets another year (which he shouldnt, but hey), that there already isnt some agreement already in place with Herman

Those who think he is Strong part deux either dont watch much college football or are too dumb to see what is going to more than likely happen
    I don't think he's Strong II and I don't think most here do. I just think that there's a risk that he could be. After a failed prospect like Strong, I think people are just a little gun shy about another prospect. Especially one with less of a resume than the guy he'd be replacing.

That said, if/when Herman replaces Strong, I and damn near everyone here, would embrace the $#@! out of him until he gave us a reason not to. And I tend to agree that he seems to be the next in line. Gut feel I guess. As of right now anyway.

Yeah and I think that's the good thing about us staying with Strong next year and Herman staying put for another year. If Strong doesn't win at least 8 games and Herman wins the AAC and another NY6 bowl then I think it's pretty obvious to that Strong needs to be let go and Herman needs to be his replacement.

It also allows for the chance, however remote, that Strong will get it turned around and we don't have to let him go, which is great too.

Best course of action is to stay put for one more year. Firing Strong at the end of the year is just a bad idea.
    Last edited by drycreek; 12-04-2015 at 04:43 PM.

asshat Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drycreek View Post
    Yeah and I think that's the good thing about us staying with Strong next year and Herman staying put for another year. If Strong doesn't win at least 8 games and Herman wins the AAC and another NY6 bowl then I think it's pretty obvious to that Strong needs to be let go and Herman needs to be his replacement.

It also allows for the chance, however remote, that Strong will get it turned around and we don't have to let him go, which is great too.

Best course of action is to stay put for one more year. Firing Strong at the end of the year is just a bad idea.
    This is exactly how I'm starting to feel. Could not have worded it any better.

But, ask me tomorrow at about 3:00 and I may have a different outlook.

Banned H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    and the mighty Coogs get the best bowl game of any Texas team, Fiesta yes? Maybe Iowa/MichSt loser?

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt's Avatar
    Herman will receive a $5 million bonus if, at any time while he's head coach, UH becomes a member of a conference with annual television revenue of more than $20 million per member, according to a source familiar with the details of the contract who was not authorized to speak publicly.

down the road if a big program comes calling, does herman ask for a 5mil signing bonus ? I would

asshat Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21's Avatar
    281, MY WAY OF SHOWING LOVE TO THE FOLKS BACK HOME
    Quote Originally Posted by tx 3 putt View Post
    down the road if a big program comes calling, does herman ask for a 5mil signing bonus ? I would
    He'll negotiate for as much as he can get either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Murfdogg21 View Post
    He'll negotiate for as much as he can get either way.

and u of h just gave him a 5mil chip

Shaggy Donor Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drycreek View Post
    Great news. If Charlie doesn't get it done next year he'll be a target. If Herman wins the AAC and a NY6 bowl this year and then upsets OU (coming off a Playoff birth and potential NC) to start next year off and then wins the AAC and another NY6 bowl, then it's crystal clear; Tom Herman's our man should Strong continue to fail.
    This.

asshat Rick Blaine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rick Blaine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rick Blaine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rick Blaine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rick Blaine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rick Blaine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rick Blaine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rick Blaine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rick Blaine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rick Blaine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rick Blaine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rick Blaine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Landomatic View Post
    That said, if/when Herman replaces Strong, I and damn near everyone here, would embrace the $#@! out of him until he gave us a reason not to.
    I think that's exactly where all reasonable people were when Strong was hired. And I was right there with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
    I think that's exactly where all reasonable people were when Strong was hired. And I was right there with them.
    The problem is that a large portion of our fanbase is unreasonable.

He's from the GDGD coaching tree.

From the Wiki article:

Early coaching career[edit]
    Herman began his coaching career in 1998 at Texas Lutheran University as a receivers coach. He then took a position in 1999 at the University of Texas in Austin as a graduate assistant under the mentorship of Greg Davis. During his tenure at Texas, Herman worked with the offensive line, which produced two All-Americans.[1]

asshat RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenspointtexas View Post
    who would u think would realistically come to ut and be a better hire than herman?

if strong isnt fired after we get blown out by baylor, then he will be fired at the end of a 7 win season next year. Our next coach will more than likely be herman. I would be also surprised that if strong indeed gets another year (which he shouldnt, but hey), that there already isnt some agreement already in place with herman

those who think he is strong part deux either dont watch much college football or are too dumb to see what is going to more than likely happen
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

asshat Gurrry Shaggy Bronze Club Gurrry Shaggy Bronze Club Gurrry Shaggy Bronze Club Gurrry Shaggy Bronze Club Gurrry Shaggy Bronze Club Gurrry Shaggy Bronze Club Gurrry Shaggy Bronze Club Gurrry Shaggy Bronze Club Gurrry Shaggy Bronze Club Gurrry Shaggy Bronze Club Gurrry Shaggy Bronze Club Gurrry's Avatar

I wonder who the other 4 coaches are that won their first 10 games. I might be sold on Herman if the other 4 won national titles.

Leading Houston to a large number of wins is nice, but let's also remember the 12 game season has only been around for about 15 years. Not a lot of time to accumulate 11 win seasons...even Herman couldn't go undefeated.

One season is potentially a flash in the pan and I would rather not pay $5M for a flash in the pan. I'll obviously feel better about him as a candidate if he repeats the feat next year, but I would rather have someone that has proven they can build or maintain their success for a full recruiting cycle.
    Completely agree.

However... if Chip Kelly is available next season....

U of H student tickets sold out in under hour. should have a good crowd in ATL

Him staying at Houston and us keeping Charlie actually worked out pretty perfectly, we'll have an extra year of data on both next year, and our team in 2017 will likely be better than next years team. If we have to replace charlie it would be nice if the new coach had a good first roster like Sumlin did to help boost recruiting.

asshat Brock Sampson Shaggy Bronze Club Brock Sampson Shaggy Bronze Club Brock Sampson Shaggy Bronze Club Brock Sampson Shaggy Bronze Club Brock Sampson Shaggy Bronze Club Brock Sampson Shaggy Bronze Club Brock Sampson Shaggy Bronze Club Brock Sampson Shaggy Bronze Club Brock Sampson Shaggy Bronze Club Brock Sampson Shaggy Bronze Club Brock Sampson Shaggy Bronze Club Brock Sampson's Avatar
    So which BOR or booster is back-channeling with Herman or his agent? They must think they can get him if they could only run Charlie out of town.

Tom Herman isn't ignorant...when a school $#@!s over one HC, there is no reason for them not to $#@! over the next one.

I find it so hard to believe that we have people actively working against Strong hiring the OC of his choice after only his second season at Texas. Holy $#@!.

asshat DBtv might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DBtv might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DBtv might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DBtv might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DBtv might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DBtv might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DBtv might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DBtv might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DBtv might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DBtv might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DBtv might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DBtv's Avatar
    Please EABODADIAF ASAP. Thanks.

bunghole mrgreenpants is a rep whore. mrgreenpants is a rep whore. mrgreenpants is a rep whore. mrgreenpants is a rep whore. mrgreenpants is a rep whore. mrgreenpants is a rep whore. mrgreenpants is a rep whore. mrgreenpants is a rep whore. mrgreenpants is a rep whore. mrgreenpants is a rep whore. mrgreenpants is a rep whore. mrgreenpants's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Sampson View Post
    So which BOR or booster is back-channeling with Herman or his agent? They must think they can get him if they could only run Charlie out of town.

well...
    yeah.

IT must be reading this thread. Pretty good free read...

http://insidetexas.com/mondays-in-th...h-big-cigar-2/

Nugget regarding Herman...

Where we go from here

Let me count the ways. We have Spring ball, an offense that is quarterback friendly and should generate points to benefit a young hungry defense perhaps not at the level of $#@!bie but a system implemented for a spring, summer and fall can’t hurt. Also, you have recruiting which should be invigorated. And despite last week, it seems to be trending well if you’ve been reading our site. Also, the lack of talent in the 2016 class won’t hurt Texas next season, so we have that going for us, which is nice.

The bottom line is, however, if none of the above works, Herman will crawl on broken glass to Austin to be the University of Texas head football coach. It’s his dream job and he should kill it here. My guess is that you’ll see a full court press this time next season that wasn’t seen last week for $#@!bie if Strong stumbles to seven or eight wins in 2016. Alternatively, nine wins in 2016 for Strong probably means no Herman and everyone gets that.

asshat South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin's Avatar
    If Charlie can manage 7 or 8 wins--which would include a win over OU, some excitement on offense, and no embarrassing performances (e.g., losing to Iowa State)--then I think Herman may have to wait. Maybe the last two years have battered my expectations for the Longhorns, or I'm underestimating how much the Texas power players want Charlie out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by South Austin View Post
    If Charlie can manage 7 or 8 wins--which would include a win over OU, some excitement on offense, and no embarrassing performances (e.g., losing to Iowa State)--then I think Herman may have to wait. Maybe the last two years have battered my expectations for the Longhorns, or I'm underestimating how much the Texas power players want Charlie out of here.
    6, 5 and 7 wins in his first three season would be difficult to paint as anything other than an abject failure by Charlie. If we win seven next year, I'll pack his bags for him.

asshat Bogeywon has a gigantic e-peen. Bogeywon has a gigantic e-peen. Bogeywon has a gigantic e-peen. Bogeywon has a gigantic e-peen. Bogeywon has a gigantic e-peen. Bogeywon has a gigantic e-peen. Bogeywon has a gigantic e-peen. Bogeywon has a gigantic e-peen. Bogeywon has a gigantic e-peen. Bogeywon has a gigantic e-peen. Bogeywon has a gigantic e-peen. Bogeywon's Avatar
    welp im sure you boys down south will love this guy this time next year...

http://www.thescore.com/news/910977

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeywon View Post
    welp im sure you boys down south will love this guy this time next year...

http://www.thescore.com/news/910977
    Tom Herman can cause a cold front if he takes a deep breaf?

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 11 of 177 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast