+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 CFP rankings

Quote Originally Posted by bamachine View Post
    Yet it is the #3 in the country?
    Doesn't mean much, because I've seen the teams you've played, and how you have played. Your schedule is $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickBateman View Post
    They're #3 and the defending champion and did go OOC on the road. Hokies are down, but still better than anything Baylor's done.
    TCU beat Minnesota on the road but doesn't get credit.

asshat 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five's Avatar
    @RJinVegas: Vegas says TCU best team left out of Top Four ... would be favored over both #1 Clemson and #2 LSU

asshat MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FCHorn View Post
    2-5 in bowls last year and we get this $#@! after another $#@!astic season by the SEC...
    The playoff was supposed to help us get passed the SEC bias.

If SOS is the key...welp...Memphis cracked the nut that was just a little too tough for Bama to figure our.

Memphis is far behind a team that best demonstrated how much it deserves to be in the playoff by losing to a team that a still undefeated Memphis beat rather easily.

asshat MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin's Avatar
    https://www.teamrankings.com/college...ength-by-other

I guess the question is, who the hell has anyone else beaten.
    Maybe that is the question, but at least the teams I would put ahead of you are undefeated. You lost to a garbage 2 loss team (who lost to Memphis lulz). Nonsense.

asshat 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five's Avatar
    I think this shows more of a Bama bias than sec. Especially with Florida at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by bro calm down? View Post
    I had to deal with an Iowa fan telling me all day that they would backdoor into the top 5, until I reminded him that his team has zero ranked teams on the schedule and doesn't play either Michigan State or Ohio State.
    Uh, Iowa has beaten three ranked teams- Pitt, Wisconsin, Northwestern- and the last two were on the road. Committee looks at where teams are ranked when you play them. They would also play MSU or OSU in the B1G CG.

That said, they aren't a top 5 team right now.

asshat MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin's Avatar
    We handed them 5 TO, 4 already in scoring range and lost by 6, with a couple of fluke plays thrown in for good measure. We beat the stuffing out of aTm.

Let me say this one more time, I do not think we should be up there, yet. Not unless we win out and beat UF in Atlanta.

People are overreacting to this. I really think they were sending a message, beef up your OOC. Bama/LSU is just a few days away, loser is out. MichSt or Iowa will play tOSU. Still 4-5 games for every team to navigate.
    Yep. Beef up your OOC people, such as Charleston Southern University. Dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by 4th&Five View Post
    Well, can't really argue with that, but if you drop Bama, you have to drop all of the other SEC teams.

asshat bro calm down? Shaggy Bronze Club bro calm down? Shaggy Bronze Club bro calm down? Shaggy Bronze Club bro calm down? Shaggy Bronze Club bro calm down? Shaggy Bronze Club bro calm down? Shaggy Bronze Club bro calm down? Shaggy Bronze Club bro calm down? Shaggy Bronze Club bro calm down? Shaggy Bronze Club bro calm down? Shaggy Bronze Club bro calm down? Shaggy Bronze Club bro calm down?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Armchair_QB View Post
    Uh, Iowa has beaten three ranked teams- Pitt, Wisconsin, Northwestern- and the last two were on the road. Committee looks at where teams are ranked when you play them. They would also play MSU or OSU in the B1G CG.

I understand that, I used the current rankings to get under his skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki32 View Post
    $#@! IT! Baylor, TCU, Okie St...win the gauntlet and you are $#@!ing in. Win! One of you needs to pull this $#@! off. Can not one of our "Vaulted: Big 12 conference schools that has 10 teams in it" pull off something awesome? My money is on Okie.
    The Big 12 keeps teams in a vault for situations like this?

Everybody's looking at BU and TCU but Oklahoma State has the easiest path to the CFP out of the Big 12. They get BU, TCU and OU at home.

Everybody's looking at BU and TCU but Oklahoma State has the easiest path to the CFP out of the Big 12. They get BU, TCU and OU at home.
    Except Gundy is allergic to beating OU no matter what the stakes/circumstances.

What if OUsucks wins out?

asshat MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant's Avatar
    https://www.teamrankings.com/college...ength-by-other

I guess the question is, who the hell has anyone else beaten.
    You don't lose to Ole Miss and get into the championship. Period. Ever. /Bamalogicfrom2011

Memphis beat a two loss team that proved to be too tough for you.

Memphis has beaten a team that you were too weak to handle. There's an argument that answers your question.

If your loss was against a juggernaut, you ought to be all-in in terms of championing Memphis as the very best because they must be absolute heroes to manage a task that Bama failed at.

Otherwise, you are nothing better than a good team that lost to...eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigglebush View Post
    What if OUsucks wins out?

Big 12 Champ, but who knows if they make the playoff. They may be too low right now

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Except Gundy is allergic to beating OU no matter what the stakes/circumstances.
    No, we beat sooner in norman last year. In fact, we haven't lost since then.

Iowa has Greg Davis calling plays. That is probably factored into the ranking.

asshat C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man's Avatar
    We beat the stuffing out of aTm.
    That was a one-score game late into the third quarter.

asshat utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club
    I think most are looking at BU and TCU because they don't believe Oklahoma State is as good as the other two. That they lost to Texas other than some referee interference would tend to support that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeHorn View Post
    This committee does a better job of ranking than anything before it. I like how they really emphasize strength of schedule.
    Yeah, they're like a dwarf among midgets.

Yet it is the #3 in the country?
    Based on a computer that favors the SEC....yeah....number 3 in the country...righhhhhttt

asshat C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man's Avatar
    And yet they'll likely lose two -- if not all three -- of those games.

You betta have your game on! No $#@!.
    I can't even think about ou yet because undefeated TCU awaits this weekend, but I understand your point.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Man View Post
    And yet they'll likely lose two -- if not all three -- of those games.
    Depends on the refs.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasMan View Post
    @RJinVegas
    Committee says Clemson #1 ... Vegas says 4 teams would be favored over them (Ohio St; Alabama; TCU; Baylor)
    I'll take a couple of those bets. Clemson would $#@! Baylor up. Think they'd beat TCU and maybe Bama too. I'd bet on LSU and OSU over Clemson, though.

That's not really the point, though. Clemson is only #1 to help justify sliding ND in at 4 when this $#@! is all said and done.

Clemson
    OSU
    LSU
    ND

Eat a $#@!, Baylor, and play someone worth a damn OOC. TCU, sorry don't know what to tell you, except maybe change your name to a more prestigious one. PAC, you suck this year.

Based on a computer that favors the SEC....yeah....number 3 in the country...righhhhhttt
    And the same computers that favored you bcs wise...

(yeah not your fault)

But it's undeniable there's a bias year after year....show me a third place team in any conference that gets a top 4 billing..

ND lost to the #1 team by 2 and has a better schedule and they are 5th...yeah no bias here...

You lost to the 18th ranked team...

Yes I quoted myself

Stat Adjuster Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry's Avatar
    Chill. You must chill. They have the consistency of winning mostly when it counts.
    Didn't happen to catch their last two postseason games did ya?

Seriously, what will it take to get human voters off of SEC $#@!? Bama lost to ole piss. Ole $#@!ing piss. The team that lost to AAC Memphis. If Bama wins, LSU will just drop to 4 and it'll be two one loss teams over several undefeated teams. I'm still dumbfounded that their solution to the BCS was to give human voters more control. Subjective bias pieces of $#@!.

asshat mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sam Beckett View Post
    I'll take a couple of those bets. Clemson would $#@! Baylor up. Think they'd beat TCU and maybe Bama too. I'd bet on LSU and OSU over Clemson, though.

That's not really the point, though. Clemson is only #1 to help justify sliding ND in at 4 when this $#@! is all said and done.

Clemson
    OSU
    LSU
    ND

Eat a $#@!, Baylor, and play someone worth a damn OOC. TCU, sorry don't know what to tell you, except maybe change your name to a more prestigious one. PAC, you suck this year.
    You're going to really be disappointed when Stanford beats Notre Dame on Thanksgiving weekend then.

Banned H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Well, we are top 6. Wait to see if we get cursed by the nation again. Will be some already cursing, since TCU and OkSt aren't even in top 6.
    wut?

Clemson
    OSU
    LSU
    ND

If ND makes it in, I would bet the Big 12 gets left out again.

Yes I quoted myself

Clemson
    OSU
    LSU
    ND

Let's not pretend that Clemson isn't going to Clemson. They may very well beat all of those teams, although I think that TCU would beat them.

Stopped giving any $#@! about Baylor when they started condoning rape of their female student-athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by 4th&Five View Post
    Agreed. There is really no defensible reason that Bama should be even in the top 5. It's confirmation bias by the committee. We thought they're really good at the beginning of the year and we think they'll be really good by the end, so they must that good now. It's poor analytical reasoning. Alabama will every opportunity to get in the top 4 by the end of the season, but they don't belong now. Again, not that any of this matters at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by mdmost View Post
    You're going to really be disappointed when Stanford beats Notre Dame on Thanksgiving weekend then.
    Ha, I don't think ND should be there. But as soon as that happens, they will no longer need Clemson at 1, and can drop them to 3 or 4 where they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGundy'sRant View Post
    Let's not pretend that Clemson isn't going to Clemson. They may very well beat all of those teams, although I think that TCU would beat them.

Stopped giving any $#@! about Baylor when they started condoning rape of their female student-athletes.
    I don't think Clemson will lose to someone they shouldn't, but they will probably drop FSU. If not, then they will wait until the playoffs to embarrass themselves.

Clemson/TCU would be a great game. Would be a shootout, but I think TCU''s defense would ultimately do them in.

The same Greg Davis whose offense scored 31 points in Ames?

Just about the teams they want to see get there.

That's the problem...it's about who they want to get there

Last year the SOS question re: Baylor and TCU was a comparison between them and other 1 loss teams. No prob with that.

But when teams with losses are getting greater consideration than undefeated teams then the deck is indeed stacked.

What we learned tonight is that a 2 loss SECSECSEC team can indeed make the cut and a 1 loss BigXII teams has no shot in hell.

So much movement is going to happen that this won't matter at the end of the day, but it is $#@!ing hilarious. I would be pissed as a Florida fan.

asshat ulukinatme might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ulukinatme might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ulukinatme might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ulukinatme might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ulukinatme might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ulukinatme might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ulukinatme might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ulukinatme might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ulukinatme might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ulukinatme might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ulukinatme might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ulukinatme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaslong View Post
    If ND makes it in, I would bet the Big 12 gets left out again.
    I've figured for a few weeks now that if ND wins out they will have a win over the likely PAC-12 champ in Stanford, and a 2 point loss to the current #1 team/likely ACC champ in Clemson. That's a tough resume to beat. Big 12 could still get in ahead of ND, but only if 1 team runs the gauntlet. If each remaining team has 1 loss or more I don't think the Big 12 gets in under those circumstances. If a one loss Big 12 was going to get in over an 11-1 ND, I think Oklahoma actually has the best shot based on a stronger schedule (S-E-C win on the road against an average Tennessee team) and if they manage to win out over TCU/Baylor/OK St in November. Oklahoma's loss would be to their biggest rival, which is better than the tOSU loss to VT last year I think.

That said, Pitt always plays ND till the end, BC will bring their A game when they face the Irish, and Stanford will be favored at the end of the year most likely. I think the Irish drop at least one of those three, with Stanford being the most likely and the always upset minded Pitt closely following.
    Last edited by ulukinatme; 11-03-2015 at 09:11 PM.

Committee is so impressed by the SEC....jfc

Quote Originally Posted by Planet Houston View Post
    So much movement is going to happen that this won't matter at the end of the day, but it is $#@!ing hilarious. I would be pissed as a Florida fan.
    Not true.

SECSECSEC aren't treated the same when they face their tough competition.

- November for the BigXII is a series of elimination games
    - Novemeber for the SECSECSEC is a series of play-in games

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickBateman View Post
    Agreed. There is really no defensible reason that Bama should be even in the top 5. It's confirmation bias by the committee. We thought they're really good at the beginning of the year and we think they'll be really good by the end, so they must that good now. It's poor analytical reasoning. Alabama will every opportunity to get in the top 4 by the end of the season, but they don't belong now. Again, not that any of this matters at this point...
    Eh...this kind of bull$#@! result just encourages the SEC to continue to be-dazzle its anus in rhinestones and hope that it gets the attention from the committee that it craves.

Bama lost at home to #18

ND lost away to #1

Ok then...

asshat Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey's Avatar
    Bama lost at home to #18

ND lost away to #1

Ok then...
    Yeah but is ND an SEC school?

I rest my case.

My bedazzled anus is benumbed...

Bama SOS is not #3...jfc

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast