+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 CFP rankings

Pollack: Bama could be the best team in the country and you can't refute it

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki32 View Post
    If the Fighting Beathards manage to beat Ohio State (assuming both are in their conference champs which apparently the Big 10/12 thinks is $#@!ty I guess) then go Hawkeyes!
    Iowa can't beat Ohio State. Michigan State is doable though.

SOS is computer bs

asshat heso Shaggy Gold Club heso Shaggy Gold Club heso Shaggy Gold Club heso Shaggy Gold Club heso Shaggy Gold Club heso Shaggy Gold Club heso Shaggy Gold Club heso Shaggy Gold Club heso Shaggy Gold Club heso Shaggy Gold Club heso Shaggy Gold Club heso's Avatar
    Well guys, bama has wins over two top 10 teams in #8 UGA and #9 A&M.

And since the committee looks at ranking when they played them, it doesn't matter that both of those teams are actually dog $#@!.

asshat oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97's Avatar
    Forget Bama for a second... Can anyone tell me how the $#@! Ohio State is #3? Who exactly have they beaten again? The only reason they are right there seems to be because they are the defending champs and their name is "Ohio State."

People talk about our schedule, but it's #70 on Sagarin, while Ohio State is #68. But they are #3 and we are #14 because.... Ohio State...?

Quote Originally Posted by oSuJeff97 View Post
    Forget Bama for a second... Can anyone tell me how the $#@! Ohio State is #3? Who exactly have they beaten again? The only reason they are right there seems to be because they are the defending champs and their name is "Ohio State."

People talk about our schedule, but it's #70 on Sagarin, while Ohio State is #68. But they are #3 and we are #14 because.... Ohio State...?
    More because you guys don't pass the eye test and are very mediocre.....

The committee will flat out tell you that Ohio State will make it and will have a chance to repeat if they are undefeated because of last year. And that's the right call IMO.

asshat Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU's Avatar
    So is the committee more concerned with stacking the SEC or killing the Big 12?

Conference champs should be the first criteria

asshat oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet Houston View Post
    The committee will flat out tell you that Ohio State will make it and will have a chance to repeat if they are undefeated because of last year. And that's the right call IMO.
    How is that the right call? Last year shouldn't figure in at all. If it does, we're basically back to the same old pre-BCS good 'old boy bull$#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_ISU View Post
    WhyNotBoth.jpg

They might. They just might. Beating a buckeye. What the $#@! is that nut even good for btw.?
    its always good to nut....no news there

Quote Originally Posted by FCHorn View Post
    only when justifying the elimination of a BigXII team

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_ISU View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oSuJeff97 View Post
    WhyNotBoth.jpg
    Jeff has correct answer

Quote Originally Posted by BluFrog View Post
    only when justifying the elimination of a BigXII team
    Co Champion Big XII Commissioner

Burnt Orange Weenie BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet Houston View Post
    absolutely agree. i'm perfectly fine with an undefeated defending national champion getting an automatic spot in the top 4.

asshat Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    1. Clemson
    2. LSU
    3. Ohio State
    4. Alabama
    5. Notre Dame
    6. Baylor
    7. Michigan State
    8. TCU
    9. Iowa
    10. Florida
    11. Stanford
    12. Utah
    13. Memphis
    14. Oklahoma State
    15. Oklahoma
    16. Florida State
    17. Michigan
    18. Ole Miss
    19. Aggy
    20. Mississippi State
    21. Northwestern
    22. Temple
    23. UCLA
    24. Toledo
    25. Houston
    LOL I like this system.

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    absolutely agree. i'm perfectly fine with an undefeated defending national champion getting an automatic spot in the top 4.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what they did with FSU last year.

bunghole Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Why hasn't Jeff long ever answered "we didn't discuss that". There is no way way that they have discussed everything and odds are that he has been asked a question and the committee did not discuss it. But he is gonna lie and say the committee discussed it.

asshat Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog's Avatar
    When's Trouble Going To Find Me, I Ain't Hard To Find...
    What the $#@! is that nut even good for btw.?
    Always made for good slingshot arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Mackey View Post
    As last year proved, these rankings don't mean jack $#@! until the very end.
    Nope. Gotta start overreacting with each one. Most of the chaos will take care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by 4th&Five View Post
    @RJinVegas: Vegas says TCU best team left out of Top Four ... would be favored over both #1 Clemson and #2 LSU
    Oddsmakers should be making the Final 4.....too much conference affiliation in the committee.

Stat Adjuster Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry's Avatar
    No, I think some reaction to this is valid. The committee is saying that if the season had ended Saturday and the playoffs were tomorrow that Alabama would be in. That's absurd.

asshat OrangePower has a gigantic e-peen. OrangePower has a gigantic e-peen. OrangePower has a gigantic e-peen. OrangePower has a gigantic e-peen. OrangePower has a gigantic e-peen. OrangePower has a gigantic e-peen. OrangePower has a gigantic e-peen. OrangePower has a gigantic e-peen. OrangePower has a gigantic e-peen. OrangePower has a gigantic e-peen. OrangePower has a gigantic e-peen. OrangePower's Avatar
    I think ranking the B12 lower and the SEC high is part of their plan to keep the B12 out and make sure ND or a 2nd SEC team in. If TCU and BU win out, their best victory will be vs a 2 loss Ok St and a 3 loss OU. Whichever one wins their game will finish 5th in the final vote. If OU wins out, they'll downgrade their wins because obviously the other 3 weren't that good after all and hold the UT loss against them. They'll be lucky to finish as high as 6th. If Ok St wins out, they'll use the same logic to keep us out. Any loss in the B12 will eliminate you and every win will be downgraded because the team you beat obviously wasn't that good. It's the inverse of how they judge the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    No, I think some reaction to this is valid. The committee is saying that if the season had ended Saturday and the playoffs were tomorrow that Alabama would be in. That's absurd.
    Winner winner chicken dinner!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangePower View Post
    I think ranking the B12 lower and the SEC high is part of their plan to keep the B12 out and make sure ND or a 2nd SEC team in. If TCU and BU win out, their best victory will be vs a 2 loss Ok St and a 3 loss OU. Whichever one wins their game will finish 5th in the final vote. If OU wins out, they'll downgrade their wins because obviously the other 3 weren't that good after all and hold the UT loss against them. They'll be lucky to finish as high as 6th. If Ok St wins out, they'll use the same logic to keep us out. Any loss in the B12 will eliminate you and every win will be downgraded because the team you beat obviously wasn't that good. It's the inverse of how they judge the SEC.
    and that's good for a chicken dinner as well

asshat ChiTownDoc has a gigantic e-peen. ChiTownDoc has a gigantic e-peen. ChiTownDoc has a gigantic e-peen. ChiTownDoc has a gigantic e-peen. ChiTownDoc has a gigantic e-peen. ChiTownDoc has a gigantic e-peen. ChiTownDoc has a gigantic e-peen. ChiTownDoc has a gigantic e-peen. ChiTownDoc has a gigantic e-peen. ChiTownDoc has a gigantic e-peen. ChiTownDoc has a gigantic e-peen.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePower View Post

How much you wanna bet undefeated OSU, TCU, Baylor or one loss OU get in? Bet null and void if none of those happen (likely)....friendly wager

You must have a Boalt dad for a dad...

But since the season hasn't ended and there's still plenty of football left to play, I wouldn't start worrying about things yet.

Pollack: Bama could be the best team in the country and you can't refute it
    Pollack is an idiot. He makes cases for SEC teams with no facts, and then uses the "tell me how I'm wrong" reason. You can tell he takes a lot of the SEC stuff personal.

Quote Originally Posted by relapse98 View Post
    But since the season hasn't ended and there's still plenty of football left to play, I wouldn't start worrying about things yet.
    it's about bias.

if there's bias now, there'll be bias when the season is actually over too.

we would prefer that there be no bias. ever.

Quote Originally Posted by relapse98 View Post
    I will always worry when a 3rd place team in an overrated division and conference is considered the number 4 team in the entire country with multiple undefeateds behind them.....

Savvy?

asshat loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickBateman View Post
    With their backup QB. Florida has cause to be pissed....
    No brother, we cool just not straight sucking. This season has been a really pleasant surprise. After playing Uga we are down 2 more o-linemen.

Besides, if the Gata wins out, don't have to worry about this silly $#@!. (But let's be real, that's not going to happen)

asshat aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08's Avatar
    Seriously? 4 pages for this? Not to belabor the point, but does anyone anywhere think that the early season iterations of the rankings are made for any other reason than to create entertainment, faux outrage, and water cooler fodder? I mean, hell, everyone in the committee FLIES OUT to New York every single $#@!ing week. (In their defense, BlueJeans does blow). It's a production. New criteria and double standards to rile up message boards and Joel Klatt. Wake me up in a month, when they start legitimately taking their rankings seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by aggie08 View Post
    Seriously? 4 pages for this? Not to belabor the point, but does anyone anywhere think that the early season iterations of the rankings are made for any other reason than to create entertainment, faux outrage, and water cooler fodder? I mean, hell, everyone in the committee FLIES OUT to New York every single $#@!ing week. (In their defense, BlueJeans does blow). It's a production. New criteria and double standards to rile up message boards and Joel Klatt. Wake me up in a month, when they start legitimately taking their rankings seriously.
    ok. then once, just once we'd like to see bama and other secsecsec teams be the ones on the outside looking in.

Nope, should start freaking out now about the rapists being left out again.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownDoc View Post
    How much you wanna bet undefeated OSU, TCU, Baylor or one loss OU get in? Bet null and void if none of those happen (likely)....friendly wager
    One dollar

asshat loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco's Avatar
    SOS is computer bs
    Sec 0s=.05
    Sec 1s =2
    Do you have a news letter?

bunghole flatdawgs might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flatdawgs might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flatdawgs might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flatdawgs might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flatdawgs might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flatdawgs might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flatdawgs might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flatdawgs might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flatdawgs might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flatdawgs might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flatdawgs might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flatdawgs's Avatar
    You just don't get it, do you? Tyrone $#@!ing Willingham is on this committee. The $#@! Midas. Everything this guy touches turns to $#@!. That's how this all happens....

Quote Originally Posted by aggie08 View Post
    You should make this a plaque and put it up on the stadium

asshat aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08's Avatar
    Clever girl.

Quote Originally Posted by loco View Post
    Sec 0s=.05
    Sec 1s =2

Do you have a news letter?
    No team should be considered if they aren't a conference champ...and SOS is simply another computer way to subsidize the SEC with their over inflated rankings

Quote Originally Posted by bamachine View Post
    Either Wisconsin or UGA. Keep in mind, UGA was undefeated coming in and Chubb was getting a ton of hype. They lost Chubb in their next game and it shows. I guess aTm was probably next best, as we whacked them in their home stadium. All of those were away(one neutral) games. Our home wins(and 1 loss) have been ugly. I am hoping they got that fixed during the bye.

Again, I don't really think we belong yet but if we win out(plus beat UF in Atlanta), then yeah, I think we belong, even over the one team we handed a damned game to.
    You don't belong now though. No freakin way.

asshat Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet's Avatar
    They might. They just might. Beating a buckeye. What the $#@! is that nut even good for btw.?

Bama should be at least #17...

I was agreeing with you on the conf championship. It's just common sense. I think every p5 champ should have a playoff spot in an 8 team playoff (+3 other conf champs, $#@! independents)

Quote Originally Posted by loco View Post
    I was agreeing with you on the conf championship. It's just common sense. I think every p5 champ should have a playoff spot in an 8 team playoff (+3 other conf champs, $#@! independents)
    I like that...force ND to join the ACC

asshat tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman's Avatar
    Condi's a ho.

asshat ulukinatme Shaggy Silver Club ulukinatme Shaggy Silver Club ulukinatme Shaggy Silver Club ulukinatme Shaggy Silver Club ulukinatme Shaggy Silver Club ulukinatme Shaggy Silver Club ulukinatme Shaggy Silver Club ulukinatme Shaggy Silver Club ulukinatme Shaggy Silver Club ulukinatme Shaggy Silver Club ulukinatme Shaggy Silver Club ulukinatme's Avatar
    I like that...force ND to join the ACC
    Yeah, give them an easier path to the playoff, that'll show 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by ulukinatme View Post
    Yeah, give them an easier path to the playoff, that'll show 'em!
    My bad

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast