+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Texas Tennis 2016: Expectations? What Expectations?

asshat perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007's Avatar
    Mee with the break!! 5-5 in the third set.

asshat js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes
    Big. Balls. On. Mee.

5-5

asshat perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007's Avatar
    broke his ass at love too! yo time to back that up and hold here

$#@!. 6-5 ohio state

asshat js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes
    Come on Mee

He breaks again! 6-6. Tiebreaker will decide everything just like it did in colly station. Lets do this Mee!

6-6

I can't watch.

Down 0-3 on tiebreak

5-0 Ohio State. Looks to be over

Damn. Mee fought his ass off but not enough I guess.
    Lost both dubs and singles in tiebreak

Mee lost. And the season ends just like that. Still a great job making it to the sweet 16 and beating aggy along the way.

And a couple of tiebreaks from moving on. Not awful. Core of the team returns with Ito and Soren 2.0

I wish we had Banzer for todays match. probably would have made a difference

Did I miss what happened to Banzer?

Injury I believe. Don't think it was disciplinary

Gotcha. Looking forward to next year. Dangerous team.

asshat texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08's Avatar

Texas Tennis 2016: Expectations? What Expectations?

Make sure next years thread name/title is the same

Banned GoStarsGo grows his own roses GoStarsGo grows his own roses GoStarsGo grows his own roses GoStarsGo grows his own roses GoStarsGo grows his own roses GoStarsGo grows his own roses GoStarsGo grows his own roses GoStarsGo grows his own roses GoStarsGo grows his own roses GoStarsGo grows his own roses GoStarsGo grows his own roses
    wait....we have a tennis team?

Duh.

Just no facility :)

Oklahoma plays Virginia in the title match today. This is their 3rd straight trip to the title match, and they lost the last 2 times. How devastating for OU if they get that runner-up 3 peat!

OU lost again

lol for the 2nd consecutive year UVA def. OU in the finals. And for the 3rd consecutive year, OU loses in the finals.

asshat texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texas08's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectchaos007 View Post
    lol for the 2nd consecutive year UVA def. OU in the finals. And for the 3rd consecutive year, OU loses in the finals.
    So....3rd time in the final....and OU still sucks?

-__-

Also, why the $#@! would good tennis players want to play at OU?

Nice little payments as well?

I'm, like, so upset about it.

asshat HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    OU lost again

Our freshmen are off to a great start this fall. Both Ito and Sigsgaard qualified for the ITA All American Championship. Sigsgaard came all the way through pre-qualifying meaning he had to win 7 consecutive matches just to qualify. Ito had to win 3 consecutive matches to qualify and he did so. The main draw begins this Thursday.

Ito and Sigsgaard are each in the round of 16 in singles at the ITA championships. I think that means they are now All Americans?

Ito lost his Round of 16 match but Sigsgaard, aka Soren 2.0, continues to win. He won 2 more big matches today to advance to the semi-finals!

This team could be pretty dangerous this year. Return almost everyone and add two stud FR to a round of 16 team.

For you tennis experts.

1-Are the two FR the best players on the team? As someone that doesn't follow tennis closely it seems like just based on the rankings they are.

2-Anything less than the round of 8 is probably a bust this year isn't it? They gave Ohio State everything they could handle in the round of 16 last year and I would guess this team is a good bit better with the two FR.
    Last edited by TexasStrong12; 10-08-2016 at 11:06 PM.

We will be very tough to beat this year. Last year's team definitely overperformed, so if the players from last year match their individual performances from last year, the addition of Ito and Sigsgaard could take us to the next level. preseason last year, TCU looked to be the team to beat with all their talent but fell short in the tournament. The margins in team tennis are always so close which makes it difficult to predict. Elite 8 does seem like a reasonable expectation for 2017 though.

My lineup right now going into the 2017 season would be

1. Goldhoff
    2. Sigsgaard
    3. Ito
    4. Scott
    5. Ortiz
    6. Banzer/Mee/Zlobinski

Thats a solid team right there. Sigsgaard has a chance to take over line 1, but I think Goldhoff should at least start the season at line 1 while our freshmen get used to the team tennis aspect.

Sigsgaard's dream run came to an end today against Ohio State's Di Feo. What a week for the freshman though. Winning 11 straight matches is an amazing accomplishment

This doesn't even include Sigsgaard. Texas might have 3 of the top 5 newcomers.

Ito is #1 overall seed at Oracle ITA Master's tournament.

http://www.itatennis.com/Assets/Oracle+ITA+Masters+Men$!27s+Singles+Draw.pdf

Where's Goldhoff? Wasn't he also invited to the Oracle tournament as the best returning Big 12 ranked player?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleemay View Post
    Where's Goldhoff? Wasn't he also invited to the Oracle tournament as the best returning Big 12 ranked player?
    Yeah he was supposed to play. I'm not sure why he still hasn't played any events this fall. I hope he doesn't pull a Naumann and quit the team senior year. Likely he's just nursing a small injury though

Ito wins first match of the Oracle ITA Master's 6-4, 6-2.

Texas Tennis ‏@TexasMTN 17s18 seconds ago
    Texas ranks No. 4 in the @ITA_Tennis preseason team poll. @CoachMCenter has this group among the top-50 individually.

Wow usually preseason rankings are just a cut and paste from last year's end of season rankings. And we finished the 2016 season ranked #16. They are very high on this team, but I was honestly hoping we would be under the radar for a while. Oh well.
    Also, I hope Goldhoff is healthy....

edit: And once again, the entire big 12 is ranked in the top 25
    Last edited by perfectchaos007; 01-04-2017 at 04:06 PM.

That's impressive.

Sigsgaard is #6
    Ito #36
    Scott #47

Ito/Scott #38 doubles
    Banzer/Telles #44 doubles

Highest ranked B12 team at #4
    TCU #7
    OU #12
    OK State #14
    Baylor #22
    Tech #23

And via their facebook page, yes Goldhoff will play this Spring. He's unranked only because the ITA does their preseason rankings based on how they performed in the fall, and Goldhoff didn't play in the fall...

And via their facebook page, yes Goldhoff will play this Spring. He's unranked only because the ITA does their preseason rankings based on how they performed in the fall, and Goldhoff didn't play in the fall...
    Wow we going to be so good

Texas and TCU tie for 3 first place votes apiece (23 points total) in the Big 12 preseason poll.

TCU (3) - 23
    Texas (3) - 23
    OU 14
    OK State 14
    Baylor 10
    Texas Tech 6

Looks right to me. TCU's big 3 (Norrie, Rybakov, Nunes) are just as talented as our big 3 (Sigsgaard, Goldhoff, Ito). Those players can all beat eachother on a given day. It will come down to how strong the bottom of the lineup is imo, and I think Texas may have a slight advantage by having Harrison Scott at line 4 (Scott would play line 1 at most DI of schools).

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3