+ Reply to Thread
Page 228 of 243 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 238 ... LastLast
Results 11,351 to 11,400 of 12106

Thread: Sumlin 2017: Last Call

asshat theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquor and Poker View Post
    Did he write that himself? Not just the typos "after a beginning his career at Alabama," "Hocke spend six years in Tuscaloosa." There's also an incomprehensible anecdote about his time at Georgia. Then "long story short" followed by almost half the post.
    He was educated at aggy. He's retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by F250 View Post
    Some goobers on texags still can't comprehend how Clemson is successful without being in the SEC.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2826723/1#discussion

"playing an 8 game ACC schedule leaves you closer to 100% for a one off game against the SEC. Clemson was on another level though. Shutting out tOSU and beating bama like they did."

"If you don't think who you play matters I don't know what to tell you. Playing wake forest, Virginia, duke, Syracuse, etc year in and year out is not exactly impressive on top of two cream puffs."

"I would argue that if TAMU's teams from 2012 on played Clemson's schedule we would have posted similar if not better results under Sumlin. For 3 consecutive years Dabo lost nearly every difficult game they played. While on the other hand Sumlin has shown to sneak up and win the so called tough games."

"Playing in the SEC has to be a factor ... I am not negating Clemson's win over Bama, but SEC gives you no breaks week after week, which the ACC and other conferences do."
    Aside from their delusions of SEC grandeur, what happened to their motto when they fled? "To be the best, you have to beat the best." and "Iron sharpens iron."

What's funny is Clemson only had 1 less secsecsec win than aggy.

asshat RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club
    Quote Originally Posted by bevo14 View Post
    what's funny is clemson only had 1 less secsecsec win than aggy.
    rofl

bunghole LonghornFrenzy grows his own roses LonghornFrenzy grows his own roses LonghornFrenzy grows his own roses LonghornFrenzy grows his own roses LonghornFrenzy grows his own roses LonghornFrenzy grows his own roses LonghornFrenzy grows his own roses LonghornFrenzy grows his own roses LonghornFrenzy grows his own roses LonghornFrenzy grows his own roses LonghornFrenzy grows his own roses LonghornFrenzy's Avatar
    Hamm
    Recruiting notes

Spoiler!

asshat texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia's Avatar
    There aren't any prospect trending towards Texas A&M on the 247Sports Crystal Ball but there are two top targets that are projected to land in College Station per the expert picks and that's Corey Bethley and Bryan Jones
    Ah yes, there's that strong Sumlin close we all know and love.

They will take as many as they need to maintain a top 10 ranking regardless of ability to get into school or how it affects 2018. Sumlin really has a two-track mind.

asshat Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopopotamos View Post
    I love how they try to sell it as him leaving Georgia voluntarily to become the assistant at FSU.
    Hamm: our new guy is the next best thing to Cochran, who is the best.

Also, Kirby smart wanted Cochran but couldn't get him, and decided not to retain the next best thing. But don't worry about that now.

Sumlin 2017: Last Call

So, to be clear, there are three weekends left for visits until signing day and Sumlin scheduled his big 2017 weekend and his big Junior Day (which by no means even has to be done before NSD) on the SAME WEEKEND?!

asshat theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon Shaggy Silver Club theaveragejon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Finster View Post
    So, to be clear, there are three weekends left for visits until signing day and Sumlin scheduled his big 2017 weekend and his big Junior Day (which by no means even has to be done before NSD) on the SAME WEEKEND?!
    And won't have anybody in this weekend... and only 2 the last weekend. He's seriously stupid.

asshat Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
    Hamm: our new guy is the next best thing to Cochran, who is the best.

Also, Kirby smart wanted Cochran but couldn't get him, and decided not to retain the next best thing. But don't worry about that now.
    That gem actually came from Looch.

asshat Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Taylor View Post
    That gem actually came from Looch.
    Whatever. Hive mind being what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Finster View Post
    Sumlin has done this for years. That's why I keep saying "he really cares about early commits". Hamm has even criticized Sumlin for prioritizing future classes which have lead to bad finishes for current classes.

asshat r2k3982 has a gigantic e-peen. r2k3982 has a gigantic e-peen. r2k3982 has a gigantic e-peen. r2k3982 has a gigantic e-peen. r2k3982 has a gigantic e-peen. r2k3982 has a gigantic e-peen. r2k3982 has a gigantic e-peen. r2k3982 has a gigantic e-peen. r2k3982 has a gigantic e-peen. r2k3982 has a gigantic e-peen. r2k3982 has a gigantic e-peen. r2k3982's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F250 View Post
    Some goobers on texags still can't comprehend how Clemson is successful without being in the SEC.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2826723/1#discussion

"playing an 8 game ACC schedule leaves you closer to 100% for a one off game against the SEC. Clemson was on another level though. Shutting out tOSU and beating bama like they did."

"If you don't think who you play matters I don't know what to tell you. Playing wake forest, Virginia, duke, Syracuse, etc year in and year out is not exactly impressive on top of two cream puffs."

"I would argue that if TAMU's teams from 2012 on played Clemson's schedule we would have posted similar if not better results under Sumlin. For 3 consecutive years Dabo lost nearly every difficult game they played. While on the other hand Sumlin has shown to sneak up and win the so called tough games."

"Playing in the SEC has to be a factor ... I am not negating Clemson's win over Bama, but SEC gives you no breaks week after week, which the ACC and other conferences do."
    How soon they forget these 2 weeks in 2012.

October 6 6:00 PM at Ole Miss Vaught–Hemingway Stadium • Oxford, MS ESPNU W 30–27 55,343
    October 13 8:15 PM at No. 23 Louisiana Tech* Independence Stadium • Shreveport, LA ESPNU W 59–57 40,453

From Longhorn Frenzy's twitter. Uh oh.
    Last edited by TexasStrong12; 01-11-2017 at 09:19 PM.

asshat texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia's Avatar
    Looks like everyone wants off the rum runner before it sinks. Losing DTurner and Joseph near NSD would be fairly crippling.

asshat Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texifornia View Post
    Looks like everyone wants off the rum runner before it sinks. Losing DTurner and Joseph near NSD would be fairly crippling.
    Man if the Marine jumped ship, talk about a mega melt down.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer_Fudd View Post
    Man if the Marine jumped ship, talk about a mega melt down.
    Marine is Jim turner, right? This is the other one. No relation. And didn't they take him after not getting our DL coach last year?

asshat Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
    Marine is Jim turner, right? This is the other one. No relation. And didn't they take him after not getting our DL coach last year?
    Yeah, sorry, meant to say if the Marine was next in line to jump ship.
    Last edited by Elmer_Fudd; 01-11-2017 at 09:35 PM.

asshat Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor Shaggy Gold Club Dennis Taylor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasStrong12 View Post

From Longhorn Frenzy's twitter. Uh oh.
    is he ACC good? They have won 2 of the last 4 nattys, you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer_Fudd View Post
    Yeah, sorry, meant to say if the Marine was next in line to jump ship.
    I think the Marine knows that he is lucky to have a job. He will ride the ship to ground with Captain Rumlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    They will take as many as they need to maintain a top 10 ranking regardless of ability to get into school or how it affects 2018. Sumlin really has a two-track mind.
    It's honestly Sumlin's best strategy at this point. He knows there is about to be a lot of attrition and the job is on the line in 2017. His seat is somehow hotter than early 2016.

So what would any other coach do in this situation? Get quantity and hope trial by fire works.

David Turner would be a significant loss. I think he's the best defensive position coach on their staff.

The only position coaches on the staff that I think are worth a damn are Banks, David Turner and Jim Turner.

Taylor Hamm: Resetting Texas A&M's recruiting board before Signing Day

Spoiler!

Apparently Debione Renfro has academic issues.

Quote Originally Posted by sarvanaash View Post

Spoiler!

Oh dear, he was such a critical pickup. However will they cope.

asshat UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn's Avatar
    How many guys do they have with academic issues? Tucker, Rentfrow, and Bethley if he commits to them. Anyone else?

Tyler John Tyler CB Javontavius Mosley
    I had to keep re-reading that name. It's a crazy amalgamation of names lol

asshat UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn's Avatar

Spoiler!

Lulz about Turner signing a strong oline class.

Quote Originally Posted by UT Lawnghorn View Post
    Lulz about Turner signing a strong oline class.
    The class is so strong that the only name mentioned specifically by Hamm is the one that decommitted.

3 of the 5 aren't ranked in the top 1000 players in the country.

Their class is just bad.

Tight end (1/1)

Unless Texas A&M loses a commitment from Katy Taylor TE Camron Horry or PNG TE Keynel McZeal, Jeff Banks is done recruiting the position.
    1/1? Are they both half a player? I'llallowit.gif

Or maybe Horry has already decommitted.

bunghole crum names their bicycles. All three of them. crum names their bicycles. All three of them. crum names their bicycles. All three of them. crum names their bicycles. All three of them. crum names their bicycles. All three of them. crum names their bicycles. All three of them. crum names their bicycles. All three of them. crum names their bicycles. All three of them. crum names their bicycles. All three of them. crum names their bicycles. All three of them. crum names their bicycles. All three of them.
    how are they ranked as the 9th best class

asshat Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer's Avatar
    That man is richest whose pleasures are the cheapest.
    Quote Originally Posted by crum View Post
    Numbers. It'll go down as other classes fill up.

Quote Originally Posted by crum View Post
    They've basically finished their class. I'd guess between 5 and 8 other schools will pass them by NSD.

asshat HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UT Lawnghorn View Post
    They've basically finished their class. I'd guess between 5 and 8 other schools will pass them by NSD.

Yep. aggy isn't in on any big name recruits and will certainly get passed over as the rest of the highly ranked guys commit and other teams fill out their classes. aggy should still finish top 20, but they'll probably be closer to 20 than to their current ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by golfclap View Post
    1/1? Are they both half a player? I'llallowit.gif

Or maybe Horry has already decommitted.
    This is because Hamm typed and published the article with no mention of McZeal and in his haste to correct didn't correct the part with target numbers. He is real on top of their class you know.

#wellactually

i think saying it's 'bad' is a good message board post, but i don't think it's accurate - like i said a few pages back, i think they're actually targeting in a slightly more focused manner than years past (less scattershot offering of guys that don't make any sense playing together) - but what it's missing is the number of elite playmakers you have to have to win big college football games, and it's really weak on the offensive line, which is not ideal.

we've left ourselves in a position where ever single highly-ranked defensive guy has to pan out (which won't happen) and ausbon and mond really need to be the real deal (which, like just about every QB, is 50/50).

Quote Originally Posted by bizzle View Post
    #wellactually

i think saying it's 'bad' is a good message board post, but i don't think it's accurate - like i said a few pages back, i think they're actually targeting in a slightly more focused manner than years past (less scattershot offering of guys that don't make any sense playing together) - but what it's missing is the number of elite playmakers you have to have to win big college football games, and it's really weak on the offensive line, which is not ideal.

we've left ourselves in a position where ever single highly-ranked defensive guy has to pan out (which won't happen) and ausbon and mond really need to be the real deal (which, like just about every QB, is 50/50).
    Aw well you do have the 5% chance that manbun turns into something good

less scattershot offering of guys that don't make any sense playing together)
    Or maybe your class was essentially done in September and you didn't need to make many offers.

I don't know how this is a good thing. I mean if you like a lazy coaching staff that loads up with a bunch of bread 4-5 months before NSD, by all means. Sumlin really is the black Mack without the actual accomplishments.
    Last edited by TexasStrong12; 01-12-2017 at 05:18 PM.

#wellactually

I don't think it's a horrible class. There are a few big time guys at the top and some high upside in the middle, but you're gonna have to hit on a lot of those guys to make it a good class. Part of what makes this clas sbad is the context of the recruiting landscape. Every program in TX is down. A&M's probably in the best spot of all of them (not saying much) and your coach is well-entrenched and all you can come up with is the 15th ranked class, give or take. That's not good from a program standpoint.

The other big problem with the class is it's weakest on the lines. That's the worst spot to be the weakest at. So looking at the just the class objectively, I wouldn't say its bad. It's decent, but when you combine all the other context factors plus A&M having huge need on OL and DL and not filling that need very well, it's definitely not a good sign for the program.

asshat Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete Shaggy Platinum Tex Pete's Avatar
    Living off all my Super Bowl squares winnings!
    Sumlin really is the black Mack without the actual accomplishments.
    On the bright side, if the SEC west is as $#@!ty in 2017 as it was in 2016, the ags can still compete for 2nd place.

Quote Originally Posted by texifornia View Post
    Seahorn CB'd Bethley to Texas. I'm excited to see how Hammeroni cover his academic struggles compared to DMiller's.
    Something else I just noticed about Bethley is he's 6'1 270.

They are expecting this guy to play DT?

Something else I just noticed about Bethley is he's 6'1 270.

They are expecting this guy to play DT?
    His size is fine for a run-stopper in a 3-man front. Get him up to 280 and he could contribute quickly.

His size is fine for a run-stopper in a 3-man front. Get him up to 280 and he could contribute quickly.
    Unless something has changed from LSU Chavis' base defense is a 4-3. Chavis has a mustang package that uses a 3 man front, but I'm not sure how much he actually uses that package at A&M.

If you look at the LBer snap accounts vs K-State Chavis was running what looked to be a "4-2-5" with Washington and Alaka as the two LBers. But it really wasn't a "4-2-5" but rather a nickel package out of the 4-3.

I would be interested to see the percentage of snaps Chavis actually uses a 3 man front. I would guess it's less than 20%, but that's a total guess. I don't think the mustang package really works all that well against SEC teams like Bama, LSU and Miss State. If Chavis is using that mustang package a lot against those teams it's probably a big reason they are getting destroyed on the ground.
    Last edited by TexasStrong12; 01-12-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Vinnie Ronca ‏@PFF_Vinnie 29 Dec 2016
    Texas A&M LB snap counts vs KSU:
    Shaan Washington - 62
    Otaro Alaka - 50
    Tyrel Dodson - 14
    Dwaine Thomas - 5
    Mac Labhart - 2

If you want a good understanding of how $#@!ty A&M's LBer situation is all you have to do is look at the snap counts against K-State. Claude George was out for some reason. Guessing an injury? So A&M pretty much said "screw playing 3 LBers" we will just put another DB on the field. Losing George and Washington at LBer are substantial losses for A&M.
    Last edited by TexasStrong12; 01-12-2017 at 07:39 PM.

Unless something has changed from LSU Chavis' base defense is a 4-3. Chavis has a mustang package that uses a 3 man front, but I'm not sure how much he actually uses that package at A&M.
    Shoot. Got my threads mixed up and thought you were talking about his fit here at Texas.

You're right that he's less of a fit in Chavis' 4-3. If you're talented enough you can play in any alignment really, which is what A&M is probably feverishly hoping is the case. The guy they have right now, Peevy, isn't a current fit at DL with his skillset either.

Shoot. Got my threads mixed up and thought you were talking about his fit here at Texas.

You're right that he's less of a fit in Chavis' 4-3. If you're talented enough you can play in any alignment really, which is what A&M is probably feverishly hoping is the case. The guy they have right now, Peevy, isn't a current fit at DL with his skillset either.
    True, it's a tough year for DTs. Not many options in Texas. You almost have to take a guy you think is talented, even if he isn't a fit.

Next year isn't much better.

Sumlin 2017: Last Call

Why don't they just dip into their massive Tennessee pipeline for some DL help? Or Arizona?

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 228 of 243 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 238 ... LastLast