+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 51 to 71 of 71

Thread: Guidelines for the Cloak Room

  1. #51
    Barney Frank = Mr. Magoo

  • #52
    asshat Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Peoples' Front of Judea
    Posts
    13,259
    Chlorophyll? More like, Borophyll.

  • #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil Your Face View Post
    Chlorophyll? More like, Borophyll.
    And what's next....you kill their kids, kill their wives, kill their parents and their parents' friends. You burn down the houses they live in and the stores they work in, you kills people that owe them money...there's no end to it...

  • #54
    asshat Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face Probably Shaggy upper class Basil Your Face's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Peoples' Front of Judea
    Posts
    13,259
    I am here to report that a fiend going by the name "The Texas Hammer" created a post with false and misleading data supporting conclusions made up of fail boat metal. This libelous screed was challenged by a self-appointed know-it-all named "linux" who proceeded himself to pound out misleading data as a base for fanciful and downright silly conclusions. These two villians are not to be encouraged gentlemen.

    I also heard that Stregahorn can tackle as well as any D-2 middle linebacker if she has a running start.

  • #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil Your Face View Post
    I am here to report that a fiend going by the name "The Texas Hammer" created a post with false and misleading data supporting conclusions made up of fail boat metal This libelous screed was challenged by a self-appointed know-it-all named "linux" who proceeded himself to pound out misleading data as a base for fanciful and downright silly conclusions. These two villians are not to be encouraged gentlemen.

  • #56
    asshat Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Poisonville
    Posts
    5,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil Your Face View Post
    fail boat metal
    Is that the kind of boat you're supposed to use to cook a brisket?

  • #57
    Banned Perham1 names their bicycles. All three of them. Perham1 names their bicycles. All three of them. Perham1 names their bicycles. All three of them. Perham1 names their bicycles. All three of them. Perham1 names their bicycles. All three of them. Perham1 names their bicycles. All three of them.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    108
    Totally unrelated to the thread, and for that I apologize, but how the heck does one get the ability to start a thread here?

  • #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Perham1 View Post
    Totally unrelated to the thread, and for that I apologize, but how the heck does one get the ability to start a thread here?
    You need to be banned forever....then you can start a thread....

  • #59
    Quote Originally Posted by FCHorn View Post
    You need to be banned forever....then you can start a thread....
    A lot of anger there.

  • #60
    \_(ツ)_/ SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    no man's land
    Posts
    27,281
    From the OP:

    Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    2. Quoting - If all you are going to do is quote someone without adding to the discussion - don't bother, it's a waste of space, bandwidth and everyones time. Add something to the discussion.
    This should apply to all threads and original posts. If your thread is just a repost of another article or column with a sentence afterward, that thread should be deleted IMO, as it contributes nothing.

  • #61
    asshat bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange Shaggy Gold Club bernorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    pmbug.com
    Posts
    17,535
    Quote Originally Posted by SPII View Post
    ... If your thread is just a repost of another article or column with a sentence afterward, that thread should be deleted IMO, as it contributes nothing.
    Disagree strongly.

  • #62
    Quote Originally Posted by bernorange View Post
    Disagree strongly.
    I see what you did there.

    Wait, what I did there?

  • #63
    asshat Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet Definitely Shaggy upper class Gatorubet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chocolate City
    Posts
    18,556
    Ad Hominem - an argument that attacks another person's claims by attacking them personally.

    Slippery Slope - a position is not acceptable because it will lead to extremism. In fact, there are many moderate arguments or positions that do not follow a slippery slope into extremism.

    False Dichotomy - ignoring all possibilities but two. To take a position that insists that if you are not "for" than you must be "against."

    Personal Incredulity - because you cannot personally understand it or imagine it, it must not be true.

    Authority Argument - the argument was made by a person in authority, therefore it must be true (i.e. preachers, professors, priests or teachers).

    False Analogy - basing an argument off of an inaccurate analogy.

    Inconsistency - having a different set of rules for a different belief, claim, argument or stance. For instance, having special rules for the position you are defending and not applying them to other positions.

    Straw Man - the creation of a distorted position to attack as opposed to the actual position held by the other person. The false position created is a skewed or false version of the person's actual position making it easier to refute.

    Moving Goalpost - setting a goal of proof and when the proof is provided asking for more proof. The position changes as each goal is reached in order to support the position.

    Reductio Ad Absurdum - a legitimate argument that leads to an absurd conclusion.

    Red Herring - diverting attention away from argument by changing the subject.

    Observational Selection - ignoring all evidence that does not support the position.

    Bandwagon - because it is popular, it must be true.

    Circular Reasoning - finding evidence to support a conclusion instead of concluding a position based on evidence

    Dig in boys. We may have missed one.

  • #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorubet View Post
    Dig in boys. We may have missed one.
    Or 14..

  • #65
    asshat NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texan by birth American by force
    Posts
    8,310
    $#@! both parties and anyone who votes for any of the thieves or idiots in either of them.

  • #66
    asshat El Guapo has a gigantic e-peen. El Guapo has a gigantic e-peen. El Guapo has a gigantic e-peen. El Guapo has a gigantic e-peen. El Guapo has a gigantic e-peen. El Guapo has a gigantic e-peen. El Guapo has a gigantic e-peen. El Guapo has a gigantic e-peen. El Guapo has a gigantic e-peen. El Guapo has a gigantic e-peen. El Guapo has a gigantic e-peen. El Guapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Friendship State
    Posts
    7,950
    What do you suggest we do?

  • #67
    asshat Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On a has-been planet orbited by a cold, indifferent sun
    Posts
    11,834
    Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos!

  • #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Llano Estacado View Post
    Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos!
    I voted for Barrabbas...

  • #69
    mispost in wrong thread.
    Last edited by horncyclist; 02-05-2015 at 10:00 PM. Reason: oops

  • #70
    asshat Leeroy Jenkins Probably Shaggy upper class Leeroy Jenkins Probably Shaggy upper class Leeroy Jenkins Probably Shaggy upper class Leeroy Jenkins Probably Shaggy upper class Leeroy Jenkins Probably Shaggy upper class Leeroy Jenkins Probably Shaggy upper class Leeroy Jenkins Probably Shaggy upper class Leeroy Jenkins Probably Shaggy upper class Leeroy Jenkins Probably Shaggy upper class Leeroy Jenkins Probably Shaggy upper class Leeroy Jenkins Probably Shaggy upper class Leeroy Jenkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Yep, I am dat deep
    Posts
    12,300
    ^^^^ wtf?

  • #71
    Quote Originally Posted by horncyclist View Post
    mispost in wrong thread.
    You sound like a communist...

  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts

     

     

    Home .. Advertise .. ShaggyShop .. PanchoChat
    Football .. OC .. Basketball .. Baseball .. Other Sports .. RC Didn't Offer .. Gamboool
    Varsity .. Hole in the Wall .. PCL .. Einstein's .. Nasty's .. GM Steakhouse .. NSAA .. Classics
    Bada Bing .. Bernard .. Nerdz .. Can you help me with this? .. Shagslist .. Cloak Room .. Bellmont