+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guidelines for the Cloak Room

benevolent dictator blacklab has disabled reputation blacklab's Avatar

Guidelines for the Cloak Room

I really hate rules so I'm going to offer some guidelines to help clean this place up a little bit.

1. Don't feed the trolls. If someone says something you don't agree with, provide reasons why they are an idiot.

2. Quoting - If all you are going to do is quote someone without adding to the discussion - don't bother, it's a waste of space, bandwidth and everyones time. Add something to the discussion.

3. Name calling - you've lost the arguement if you resort to this, take it to douchebag central.

4. responding to your own posts - if no one has responded in a day to your post it's because it's $#@!, and deserves to drop to the second page.

If you feel someone is trolling or there's a $#@!load of quoting on a thread, let me know and I'll PM the offending party.

Thanks for your help. I DO NOT WANT to assign moderators to this place or start banning people, I would like everyone to act like adults. If everyone would strive to post like Tahoe or Hayden this place would be great.

As always I am open to suggestions and opinions on how to better run this place.

Thanks,
    your benevolent dictator

asshat naija might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? naija might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? naija might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? naija might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? naija might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? naija might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? naija might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? naija might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? naija might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? naija might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? naija might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? naija's Avatar
    I suppose it had to come to this.

asshat Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00's Avatar
    $#@!ing fascist [/the dude]

asshat spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes's Avatar
    I support your position Premire Blacklab

asshat Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke's Avatar

Re: Guidelines for the Cloak Room

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab
    I really hate rules so I'm going to offer some guidelines to help clean this place up a little bit.

1. Don't feed the trolls. If someone says something you don't agree with, provide reasons why they are an idiot.

2. Quoting - If all you are going to do is quote someone without adding to the discussion - don't bother, it's a waste of space, bandwidth and everyones time. Add something to the discussion.

3. Name calling - you've lost the arguement if you resort to this, take it to douchebag central.

4. responding to your own posts - if no one has responded in a day to your post it's because it's $#@!, and deserves to drop to the second page.

If you feel someone is trolling or there's a $#@!load of quoting on a thread, let me know and I'll PM the offending party.

Thanks for your help. I DO NOT WANT to assign moderators to this place or start banning people, I would like everyone to act like adults. If everyone would strive to post like Tahoe or Hayden this place would be great.

As always I am open to suggestions and opinions on how to better run this place.

Thanks,
    your benevolent dictator

asshat Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis's Avatar
    ^ Read the rules, you $#@!ing dumbass.

asshat Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastasis
    ^ Read the rules, you $#@!ing dumbass.
    ttt

Stat Adjuster Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry's Avatar
    Hahaha.

Good luck with this, blacklab. I mean that in all seriousness. As you know, I have experience with desperately trying to clean up a political forum.

asshat spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spankytoes
    I support your position Premire Blacklab
    This

asshat tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman's Avatar
    In my limited time here, the name calling has been pretty much empty noise. It's kind of funny.

The problem over the last few weeks have been the other three problems that you outlined. Those are just obnoxious and are never clever. A good name calling rant can be funny.

All those other three -- just a waste of time, and I actually think that has pissed more people off than anything.

asshat tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman's Avatar
    A troll isn't a troll if he actually is making a decent argument. Even if it is hidden in trollness. The problem is over the last few days there has just been pure, useless trollness.

asshat MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Duke

Thanks,
    your benevolent dictator

I take it that THIS is the kind of quoting you mean and not the kind of quoting an outside source that may just possibly add to the discussion at hand, yes?

Go to Tequila Mockingbird's post's over the last couple of days.

Stop posting like that.
    Netted out.

[He's not the only one. He just has the best examples.]

HUA! blacklab.

asshat KC-97HORN has a gigantic e-peen. KC-97HORN has a gigantic e-peen. KC-97HORN has a gigantic e-peen. KC-97HORN has a gigantic e-peen. KC-97HORN has a gigantic e-peen. KC-97HORN has a gigantic e-peen. KC-97HORN has a gigantic e-peen. KC-97HORN has a gigantic e-peen. KC-97HORN has a gigantic e-peen. KC-97HORN has a gigantic e-peen. KC-97HORN has a gigantic e-peen. KC-97HORN's Avatar
    I, for one, do not recall having agreed for you to be dictator, as such and soforth, I demand a recount, preferably in Broward County, with $#@! Cheney reviewing each voters intentions...

Your attention to this is greatly appreciated.

in the words of Red 5 EABOF and DIBOD

asshat ToY Shaggy Bronze Club ToY Shaggy Bronze Club ToY Shaggy Bronze Club ToY Shaggy Bronze Club ToY Shaggy Bronze Club ToY Shaggy Bronze Club ToY Shaggy Bronze Club ToY Shaggy Bronze Club ToY Shaggy Bronze Club ToY Shaggy Bronze Club ToY Shaggy Bronze Club
    blacklab, plz install this quote mod - http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/5582 . i tested it with the latest version of phpbb and it works fine. Install only involves the replacement of 2 lines of code in posting.php

Quick reply part might need slight tweaking.

asshat Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToY
    blacklab, plz install this quote mod - http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/5582 . i tested it with the latest version of phpbb and it works fine. Install only involves the replacement of 2 lines of code in posting.php

stop trying to moderate the boards and chat, cyberstalker

asshat TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ's Avatar

We're on phpBB2, not 3.

asshat ToY Shaggy Bronze Club ToY Shaggy Bronze Club ToY Shaggy Bronze Club ToY Shaggy Bronze Club ToY Shaggy Bronze Club ToY Shaggy Bronze Club ToY Shaggy Bronze Club ToY Shaggy Bronze Club ToY Shaggy Bronze Club ToY Shaggy Bronze Club ToY Shaggy Bronze Club
    By latest version, I meant the latest version of phpbb2. I think phpbb3 already has that built in.

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt's Avatar
    in conclusion, everyone stinks and looks funny

ToY, if you don't like the way this forum is run why don't you just go start your own website?

Banned Tequila Mockingbird is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Tequila Mockingbird is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Tequila Mockingbird is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Tequila Mockingbird is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Tequila Mockingbird is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Tequila Mockingbird is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Tequila Mockingbird is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by tantric superman
    Go to Tequila Mockingbird's post's over the last couple of days.

Stop posting like that.
    Netted out.

[He's not the only one. He just has the best examples.]

HUA! blacklab.
    That's funny, I don't see that in Black Lab's original post.

doesn't help we are living in unprecedented troubling times and its all during an election year and as always the politicians we have to chose from just fail to make the grade. causes lots of tension on boards like this.

asshat mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost's Avatar
    God, this place is turning into Hornfans.

It's sad that we have to have guidelines because people don't know how to interact with others constructively. But that's the internet I guess. Thanks blacklab.

benevolent dictator blacklab has disabled reputation blacklab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry
    Hahaha.

Good luck with this, blacklab. I mean that in all seriousness. As you know, I have experience with desperately trying to clean up a political forum.
    thanks.
    we'll see if this works at all. I'm not holding my breath.

As for the rest of you $#@!ing retarded $#@!suckers I hope you all die in a $#@!ing grease fire.

asshat Publius grows his own roses Publius grows his own roses Publius grows his own roses Publius grows his own roses Publius grows his own roses Publius grows his own roses Publius grows his own roses Publius grows his own roses Publius grows his own roses Publius grows his own roses Publius grows his own roses Publius's Avatar
    Hahaha.

thanks.

As for the rest of you $#@!ing retarded $#@!suckers I hope you all die in a $#@!ing grease fire.

back at ya

asshat The Dude Shaggy Bronze Club The Dude Shaggy Bronze Club The Dude Shaggy Bronze Club The Dude Shaggy Bronze Club The Dude Shaggy Bronze Club The Dude Shaggy Bronze Club The Dude Shaggy Bronze Club The Dude Shaggy Bronze Club The Dude Shaggy Bronze Club The Dude Shaggy Bronze Club The Dude Shaggy Bronze Club The Dude's Avatar
    who the $#@! needs a political message board anyway, same $#@! always happens.

asshat orangesky is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? orangesky's Avatar
    even when you post rules, it still comes off chill as $#@!.

excellent.

asshat The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower's Avatar
    Hahaha.

thanks.

i hope you do too.

asshat TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpclLadyFriend
    I subbed for my 3 year old's pre-school class today. For the most part they were well-behaved. Then, something would happen, and 5 or 6 of the 9 kids would need to be re-directed and a few eventually needed time outs.

They were as good as they could be for as long as they could be, and then I felt like I was the proverbial cat herder.

The way the day played out was eerily reminiscent of the development of the Cloak Room.

I have a whole new respect for blacklab. Thanks for all you do. Sorry we couldn't behave while you were on vacation.
    I think there are only a couple $#@!faces that need to apologize.

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt's Avatar
    I hope you all die in a $#@!ing grease fire.

very racist

not Frogstyle froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717's Avatar
    picking up pennies in front of steamrollers
    $#@!ing hell...first the govt is telling me when I can sell, and now there are guidelines on shaggy. WTF is going on I feel like I am in a bad dream.

asshat Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas's Avatar
    doesn't help we are living in unprecedented troubling times
    Not even close.

Dear Pomhannity,

Sincerely,
    Rudy Guliani

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Hooshamazoo
    Quote Originally Posted by SpclLadyFriend
    I subbed for my 3 year old's pre-school class today. For the most part they were well-behaved. Then, something would happen, and 5 or 6 of the 9 kids would need to be re-directed and a few eventually needed time outs.

They were as good as they could be for as long as they could be, and then I felt like I was the proverbial cat herder.

The way the day played out was eerily reminiscent of the development of the Cloak Room.
    I think there are only a couple $#@!faces that need to apologize.
    For eating their boogers or for calling SpLady a poophead?

asshat Durkee slams and goes hard. Durkee slams and goes hard. Durkee slams and goes hard. Durkee slams and goes hard. Durkee slams and goes hard. Durkee slams and goes hard. Durkee slams and goes hard. Durkee slams and goes hard. Durkee slams and goes hard. Durkee slams and goes hard. Durkee slams and goes hard.
    In other words.....

TRY NOT TO SUCK!!!!!!!! HARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

asshat William Cannon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. William Cannon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. William Cannon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. William Cannon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. William Cannon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. William Cannon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. William Cannon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. William Cannon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. William Cannon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. William Cannon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. William Cannon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. William Cannon's Avatar
    the first place we could see, servin' cold beer in the shade

If everyone would strive to post like Tahoe or Hayden this place would be great.
    NO 1000 POST WEEKENDS AT ALL

asshat Durkee slams and goes hard. Durkee slams and goes hard. Durkee slams and goes hard. Durkee slams and goes hard. Durkee slams and goes hard. Durkee slams and goes hard. Durkee slams and goes hard. Durkee slams and goes hard. Durkee slams and goes hard. Durkee slams and goes hard. Durkee slams and goes hard.
    Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Banned linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko. linux is thowed on that four loko.
    Sure trolls are easy to handle

asshat NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX's Avatar
    Jesus built my car. Its a love affair. Mainly Jesus and my hot rod.
    OK, I give up... where are the voting options for this thread?

ok agnor

asshat bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange's Avatar
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o76WQzVJ434[/youtube]

Forgot to add :

using tahoe or hayden as examples means you have lost the argument. How weak.

Excellent post, nice ground rules, without being restrictive. Let's all get along.

Now what say we all band together and go on out and get Mr. McCain elected!

Stat Adjuster Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry probably preboards planes Huckleberry's Avatar
    I went West Mall Nazi.

I'm so ashamed.

asshat bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange has a gigantic e-peen. bernorange's Avatar
    I went West Mall Nazi.

I'm so ashamed.
    I'd post a reply and call you an $#@! for that, but ... well... see my previous post in this thread.

Do we really have to follow those rules? Well, it doesn't matter if the cloak room will rich its development. I had this feeling that this place will become more manageable.

Do we need to follow those rules?
    Well, it doesn't matter to rich the developments of this Cloak room. Supposedly, its right to have rules, and I admit it. Thanks for sharing.

asshat hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn's Avatar
    your english sucks

asshat carrera slams and goes hard. carrera slams and goes hard. carrera slams and goes hard. carrera slams and goes hard. carrera slams and goes hard. carrera slams and goes hard. carrera slams and goes hard. carrera slams and goes hard. carrera slams and goes hard. carrera slams and goes hard. carrera slams and goes hard. carrera's Avatar
    don't feed the trolls.

Dealing with Internet Trolls - the Cognitive Therapy Approach

So what should we do instead. It's very simple:

Ask him what he means. ; interrogate him:

"Why do you feel that Python is so bad? What do you find wrong with it?"
    Agree with him (but use a softer language):

"Yes, Perl is a nice language, and I agree that Python has its downsides and/or trade-offs in comparison to Perl."
    "It's OK to prefer Perl, we'll still accept you here."
    This will make the troll lose steam and help you find a common ground.

And eventually negotiate a common ground: "Would you agree that some people like Perl better and some like Python better? (And some may like both equally.). Maybe you can still write Python code and be productive in it while still not in love with it. Who knows, maybe you'll even grow to like it. Feel free to stick around and ask questions."
    http://unarmed.shlomifish.org/909.html

asshat fortyakers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. fortyakers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. fortyakers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. fortyakers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. fortyakers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. fortyakers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. fortyakers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. fortyakers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. fortyakers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. fortyakers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. fortyakers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. fortyakers's Avatar
    This is a bit of a non-sequiter, but what kills me about the modern conservative attitude Hispanic immigrants is that it misses the boat on one thing they have in common: social conservatism. Yet, the conservatives in power continue to drive Hispanic voters away, just like they drove African American voters away for so many years.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast