+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Seattle Mariners Thread

Yeah, I liked the way he looked in Spring Training. That was apparently premature of me.

There you go, Leonys.

asshat Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen's Avatar
    Seth Smith 2R homer in the 9th for some insurance.

asshat Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen's Avatar
    M's win! Nice series win. Let's keep it going against those son of bitch Astros.

Yay, runs!

Let's go you $#@!ers. Astros, you will die like dogs.

Looks like Walker had a good night. He seems to do well against Houston. Also, maybe Seager finally getting off the snide.

Keuchel usually demolishes us. Here's to hoping for something different.

Holy crap, just saw the score. Nice. Eat that Keuchel.

Howard Lincoln is retiring and Nintendo is selling its majority share in the Mariners.

Holy $#@!.

Allright, not as completely dramatic as a I thought, but still, quite the change.

On the heels of Howard Lincoln's retirement announcement came this from the Mariners:

Nintendo of America plans to sell a majority of its interest in the #Mariners to other members of the current ownership group.

— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) April 27, 2016
    This isn't a sale so much as it is a different way to slice up the pie, or as Lincoln phrased it, "a continuation of the ownership group." Nintendo will retain a 10% interest in the team, but their majority ownership will be purchased by other members of the ownership group for the low, low price of 1.4 BILLION dollars. This, according to John Stanton, is a fair market value agreed upon by the owners after consulting with several financial advisors.
    http://www.lookoutlanding.com/2016/4...st-in-mariners

Stanton officially replaces Lincoln. Nintendo sells majority stake in team but retains 10%. Lincoln retires. Stanton takes seat as owner.

— Mike Salk, 710 ESPN (@TheMikeSalk) April 27, 2016
    Essentially, Stanton now is the "owner" of the Mariners.

— Mike Salk, 710 ESPN (@TheMikeSalk) April 27, 2016
    Meet the new boss?

Cano just on fire.

Love that he's hitting line drive homers. Really on.

Well, no sweep of th Stros. Kuma was looking pretty not so good. Royals up next. That should be interesting.

First place for a day was fun.

Man, I liked it. Apparently yesterday was the latest in the season the Mariners have been in first since 2009. So, we have (had?) that going for us.

Quote Originally Posted by MC Fresh Breath View Post
    Man, I liked it. Apparently yesterday was the latest in the season the Mariners have been in first since 2009. So, we have (had?) that going for us.
    That is the most depressing stat ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Tannen View Post
    That is the most depressing stat ever.
    Well, until you get to the stat dealing with the current longest playoff drought.

Well, until you get to the stat dealing with the current longest playoff drought.
    I used to like you MC.

Ha!

Well, Happy Felix Day! Let's lick some Royal ass!

I mean, uh, KICK Royal ass! Kick it, kick it real good.

Good start for Felix.

This Medlen cat should have been knocked out of the game by now. It seems every Felix start the Mariners try to make the opposing pitcher look as good as him.

Seth Smith. Professional baseball player.

Man, love Felix so much. Win this game for him, $#@!ers.

Way to go, Cishek (with a good catch by Leonys). Mariners win, 1-0.

asshat miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito's Avatar
    "One hit? One god-damned hit?"

All it took. Hate when we don't give Felix run support, but a win's a win. $#@! the Royals.

If Miley has another mediocre performance tonight, I vote we bring Paxton back up.

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    Well Biff, you will not get your wish.

So I'm heading for my first game on June 6th. Any recommendations or tips for buying tickets. I've been on the website, and there are all kinds of "fan appreciation" prices, so I just wanted to know if you guys had pointers. There are 13 of us going. Anyone have a suite they would like to donate??

When I went, I bought mine just straight via the official website. I've heard of people having success with things like stubhub though. Never went with that large of a group. As far as I can tell, they don't sell out, so you could probably get in on same day.

I'd post that question on their subreddit. Lot more locals on it.

Two good outings in a row for Miley. Is that right?

Don't know if you all caught this last night, but this is pretty good:

if you don't get the reference:

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/2723537...n-the-outfield
    Last edited by MC Fresh Breath; 05-01-2016 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spystud13 View Post
    Well Biff, you will not get your wish.
    Two good outings in a row for Miley. Is that right?
    Hmm. And and, how about, if Cruz doesn't start hitting more long balls, we sit him for a game or two. That's the ticket!

Seager has started, I think, to finally warm up. Hope he's coming out of that hell of a slump.

Also, last night we won our fifth series in a row. That's, uh, well, damn, usually be now I'm contemplating who we're trading for next year.

Sending Cano there was so stupid.

Well, no sweep of the World Series Champs. But, another series victory. So, on to the next.

Five in a row. Let's make it 6. Tough road trip coming up. I hate the Astros so much.

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    Got a little interesting in bot 9, but Cishek closed it out.

Went to sleep after it got to 4-3. Glad we held on. A's always give us fits.

Good start. I passed out early.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports...e75417657.html

Mariners put Zych on DL, promote Johnson from Tacoma

OAKLAND, Calif. — Just when the Mariners’ bullpen appeared to be in full lockdown mode, right-hander Tony Zych is heading to the disabled list because of tendinitis in the rotator cuff of his right shoulder.

The Mariners replaced Zych by selecting the contract of veteran right-hander Steve Johnson from Triple-A Tacoma.

Johnson, 28, was 1-0 with a 2.25 ERA over 16 innings in seven relief appearances for the Rainiers. He spent most of his 12-year pro career as a starter before converting to bullpen duty last season while in the Baltimore organization.

The Mariners signed Johnson as a minor-league free agent on March 14 after he was released by Texas. He is 5-1 with a 4.25 ERA in 27 big-league games, including five starts, over parts of three seasons with the Orioles.

Zych, 25, was 1-0 with 3.00 ERA in 12 innings over 10 appearances, while recording 19 strikeouts in 12 innings. He struck out the side Sunday in a one-inning outing against Kansas City.

The Mariners were able add Johnson to the active roster without a corresponding space-clearing move because they created an opening Monday be assigning right-hander Joe Wieland to Tacoma after he cleared waivers.

LL reminds us that:

Zych joins Evan Scribner, Joaquin Benoit, Ryan Cook, and Charlie Furbush as Mariner relief pitchers on the DL. It hasn't mattered in performance, yet. But there's only so much fun in fungible and sooner or later the team will run out of pitching depth
    http://www.lookoutlanding.com/2016/5...source=twitter
    Last edited by MC Fresh Breath; 05-03-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Zych is also dead last in the history of the sport in alphabetical order of last names...

That is the best factoid I've seen in some time. Must spread rep, e.t.c.

Kuma's control not there again, so far.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast