+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21
Results 1,001 to 1,032 of 1032

Thread: Official 2016 Seattle Mariners Thread

asshat miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito's Avatar
    that's gotta be the M's latest elimination in a while.
    Fun season. Close, but so far away.

2014 was technically the latest elimination (last game).

What a game. Just couldn't finish it.

For a first year rebuild, not a bad season.
    Last edited by MC Fresh Breath; 10-02-2016 at 05:41 AM.

asshat miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito's Avatar
    OK, I forgot 2014 already.
    I like a lot of these players. They seem to want to win.

asshat Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen's Avatar
    The problem is many of our best players are over 30. We are running out of time.

I have been flipping between this one and a few others today. Vin Scully's last game ever being the other one.

Anyway here we go. Final inning for the season. It has been fun, friends.

Go Mariners.

Ah, well, might as well put some off season stuff here.

Good overview of potential moves/situations:

http://m.mariners.mlb.com/news/artic...nto-offseason/

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    Seth Smith back, Aoki to Hou, Iannetta to the curb.

http://www.lookoutlanding.com/2016/1...-Nathan-Bishop

bunghole Texasrx can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Texasrx can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Texasrx can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Texasrx can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Texasrx can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Texasrx can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Texasrx can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Texasrx can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Texasrx can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Texasrx can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Texasrx can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Texasrx's Avatar

So, where to get those? My wife would dig them.

Quote Originally Posted by spystud13 View Post
    Seth Smith back, Aoki to Hou, Iannetta to the curb.

http://www.lookoutlanding.com/2016/1...-Nathan-Bishop
    Saw that. Didn't want to bump the M's thread in lieu of the World Series, but I guess now is as good as ever.

They've also claimed two pitchers off of waivers who I know Jack $#@! about.

Ryan Weber from Atlanta and Dean Kiekhefer from St. Loius.

Oh, and hey, speaking of the World Series. We got to watch a guy who started the season as a Mariner pitch the final out in that amazing game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/two-pit...102213402.html

Vogelbach better $#@!ing be something.

asshat Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen Shaggy Gold Club Biff Tannen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MC Fresh Breath View Post
    Oh, and hey, speaking of the World Series. We got to watch a guy who started the season as a Mariner pitch the final out in that amazing game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/two-pit...102213402.html

Vogelbach better $#@!ing be something.
    Yep. I said the same thing about Montgomery when he came in.

It looks like they found Iannetta's replacement. Vidal Nuno traded to the Dodgers for Carlos Ruiz.

Nothing like a 38 year old catcher. I guess Jake Taylor is next?

asshat shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Biff Tannen View Post
    Nothing like a 38 year old catcher. I guess Jake Taylor is next?
    This was my thought when the Cubs signed David Ross, and I think Ruiz can be beneficial to the Mariners pitchers as well.

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    I've wanted this dude on the Rangers for a long time. Can't play D anywhere, but can $#@!ing swing it.

Source: Seattle acquires Danny Valencia from Oakland.

And bonus points for knocking fatass Billy Butler out.

Thanks for the alert. Have not followed baseball news lately.

And another trade with the Rays...

Itís been a busy offseason for the Mariners, who began restructuring their infield and outfield platoons last weekend after they acquired Danny Valencia from the Athletics. On Friday night, they confirmed a five-player deal with the Rays that sent infielder/outfielders Richie Shaffer and Taylor Motter to Seattle and first baseman Dalton Kelly and right-handers Dylan Thompson and Andrew Kittredge to Tampa Bay.

Neither Shaffer nor Motter have extensive major league experience, but Marinersí GM Jerry Dipoto appeared grateful for the depth and flexibility the pair will bring to the 2017 roster. Over two seasons with the Rays, Shaffer primarily operated as a backup first and third baseman during the second half, batting a $#@!ulative .213/.310/.410 in 142 PA that looked nothing like the 30-homer, .243/.338/.445 output he generated in two seasons and 778 PA with Triple-A Durham. Motter was another recent call-up for the Rays in 2016, and batted a dismal .188/.290/.300 in May and June before getting demoted to Triple-A for the remainder of the season. Despite his struggles on the major league stage, his experience at nearly every position (except for center field) will lend the Mariners more versatility heading into the 2017 season.
    http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2016/11/18/...-player-trade/

Uhhhh. Interesting trade? Bye taijuan and ketel.

Got you a new SS.

Quote Originally Posted by spystud13 View Post
    Got you a new SS.
    Holy $#@!balls I am pumped! Had him on my Fantasy roster this past season. Addresses a really glaring need

Totally glossed over Segura when I first read it. And this is good to know.

From mlb.com:

Jean Carlos Enrique Segura
    Pronunciation: like blue jeans
    Born: 3/17/1990 in San Juan, Dominican Republic
    Debut: 7/24/2012

Would have preferred to keep Seth Smith, but whatever. I don't like old pitchers unless they are named Jamie Moyer.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/212999...-from-orioles/

Ah man, I liked Seth Smith! And the Mariners can't seem to learn that they should never, ever, ever, trade with Baltimore. Goddamit.

"It was rough. Last year wasn't fun for me," Gallardo said. "It was a down year for me. It didn't set up the right way. I got started late, and having the injury was very frustrating. This offseason, I've done everything I can to avoid that for the rest of my career. Looking forward to a bounce-back year."
    Oh boy.

Mariners General Manager Jerry Dipoto announced today that the club has acquired left-handed pitcher Drew Smyly from the Tampa Bay Rays in exchange for outfielder Mallex Smith, infielder Carlos Vargas and left-handed pitcher Ryan Yarbrough.

The Mariners Major League, 40-man, roster remains full.

“We have been clear that one of our top priorities this off-season was to continue to bolster our starting rotation,” Dipoto said. “Today’s moves allowed us to add an experienced pitcher to our starting group. Drew took the ball 30 times last season, threw over 175 innings and is a proven performer in the American League. He’s a good fit for our club.”

Smyly, 27, established career-highs last season with 30 starts, 175.1 innings and 167 strikeouts. He finished the season 7–12 with a 4.88 ERA (95 ER, 175.1 IP) with 167 strikeouts in 30 starts with Tampa Bay. Among left-handed pitchers last season, Smyly ranked 7th in fewest walks-per-9.0-innings with a mark of 2.52 (49 BB, 175.1 IP). Over his final 12 starts of the season, he was 5–1 with a 3.73 ERA (29 ER, 70.0 IP) after opening the year 2–11 with a 5.64 ERA (66 ER, 105.1 IP) in his first 18 starts. He recorded four double-digit strikeout games, a mark topped by only three American League pitchers: Boston’s David Price (7), Detroit’s Justin Verlander (7) and Tampa Bay’s Chris Archer (6). He was one of 10 American League left-handers to make 30 starts and toss at least 175.1 innings last season.
    https://marinersblog.mlblogs.com/mar...726#.jhzk2k35m

I *think* getting Smyly is a good move. Need spy to verify.

$#@! yeah it is, what the $#@! is wrong with you? The $#@!ing Gallardo move was horrendous, but this at least makes up for it.

Hahahah, ah thanks. Yeah, the Gallardo thing is terrible.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21