+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 MLB thread

asshat Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey's Avatar

asshat NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Mackey View Post
    Nope.

bunghole Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo's Avatar
    Where do I sign up?

asshat Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlagship View Post
    Jenifer Langosch ‏@LangoschMLB 5m5 minutes ago
    Jhonny Peralta suffered a left thumb injury on Saturday. Early indications are that he tore a ligament, could miss 2-3 months.

Could be a tough season for Baseball's Best Fans.
    mlb.com has Jedd Gyorko listed as their backup SS.

That should work well.

That guy saved that kid some serious pain. He got just enough of it to have it wrap around.
    Last edited by tonytexan; 03-07-2016 at 02:16 PM.

asshat BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed's Avatar
    Fuck you forever Pelini. Win lose or tie, Huskers till I die. Win every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlagship View Post
    Jenifer Langosch ‏@LangoschMLB 5m5 minutes ago
    Jhonny Peralta suffered a left thumb injury on Saturday. Early indications are that he tore a ligament, could miss 2-3 months.

Could be a tough season for Baseball's Best Fans.
    They're the Cards, I know better (Even though I despise them). They'll always find someone to replace an injured player. Next man up.

asshat 88wildcat Shaggy Silver Club 88wildcat Shaggy Silver Club 88wildcat Shaggy Silver Club 88wildcat Shaggy Silver Club 88wildcat Shaggy Silver Club 88wildcat Shaggy Silver Club 88wildcat Shaggy Silver Club 88wildcat Shaggy Silver Club 88wildcat Shaggy Silver Club 88wildcat Shaggy Silver Club 88wildcat Shaggy Silver Club 88wildcat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strosbros View Post
    If you don't see why needing your starting catcher to go 150+ games a year is a problem, I can't help you.
    Eventually on down the line if things don't change it will be but not in 2016.

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    Pedro Alvarez finally signs with Balt, sending either Davis or Trumbo to RF most days.

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    1/$5.75M + incentives.

This was written this morning.

Not to get all bent out of shape about a week's worth of spring training games or anything, but it now seems painfully clear that the Orioles right field position has been cursed. Not your dollar store spellbook curse, either. I'm talking dark, eldritch magic. The real stuff, like Spinal Tap's drummer or the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor at Hogwarts.

When the events of the last several weeks are combined with the revolving door in the corner outfield last season, there can be no other explanation. Admittedly, left field last year was worse than right field overall. Still, the two players with the most starts in right field were Gerardo Parra (.625 OPS as an Oriole) and Delmon Young (.628 OPS). Add in Travis Snider (.650 OPS with the O's) and that's more than half of the games played last year.

Developments since spring training has begun reveal the true form of the curse. There is no hiding any more. Its false garments have been tossed aside.

The proof of the curse

How else can you explain the close-but-no-cigar pursuit of Dexter Fowler but with the kind of power that can only be called forth by an offering of livestock in front of the oldest oak tree at high noon on the solstice? Fowler was going to be the O's right fielder, all agreed - then the curse took him and back to Chicago he went. That kind of reversal almost never happens, and yet it's exactly what happened to keep the O's from getting their man.

Among those who have tried to wear the mantle in spring training, it has seemingly been one disaster after another. The presumptive favorite to win the job, Nolan Reimold, didn't even make it to the start of spring training games before a "cranky" shoulder limited him to designated hitter to begin the Grapefruit League schedule.

Granted, Reimold suffering another injury is not exactly proof of a curse, but then, even dark magic takes a lay-up when it can get one.

After Reimold, Mark Trumbo took a turn out there. Trumbo blew two plays into triples in the first inning he played in right field - from the same batter! This, too, is no proof of a curse; one might well have anticipated the outcome of Trumbo in the outfield. Yet it's more to make you wonder. He hasn't been back out there since.

Add to that the fate of Jimmy Paredes in the midst of his first game standing out there with a glove. You might know the song - "Right field, it's easy you know; you can be awkward and you can be slow" - and maybe that is the perfect description... except the kid in the song at least gets his triumphant moment at the end, because he knows how to catch and he knows how to throw, way out where the dandelions grow.

If you are about my age, you know this song because it played in a commercial for Pizza Hut before your Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles VHS tape.

Sorry, where was I? Oh, yeah, Paredes. Look, I'm sure he tried his best, but what actually happened was he tried to catch a sinking line drive and in the process he injured his wrist. In typical Orioles fashion, this injury was first described as non-serious and definitely not a break of any kind, and now they "have to re-image him" to check for a hairline fracture.

Sounds about right. We know how this will end. Paredes getting hurt was not an expected outcome, but Paredes having a tough time in right field was also predictable.

Any one of these things taken individually is not convincing, but all of them added up together can only mean one thing. The only question is, who has laid this curse on the Orioles?
    http://www.camdenchat.com/2016/3/7/1...ursed-fail-bad

asshat ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class
    Quote Originally Posted by tonytexan View Post
    That guy saved that kid some serious pain. He got just enough of it to have it wrap around.
    That's awesome. He's got a great expression as well. No big deal.

asshat Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine probably preboards planes Beau Vine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spystud13 View Post
    Pedro Alvarez finally signs with Balt, sending either Davis or Trumbo to RF most days.
    Could they be ballsy enough to platoon Trumbo and Alvarez exclusively at DH? Because that would be pretty good. But any time you send either of those guys out into the field would be bad.

Trumbo's magnum opus:

They'll start with Davis 1B/Pedro DH/Trumbo RF against righties, but CD will eventually have to be their RF.

They'll start with Davis 1B/Pedro DH/Trumbo RF against righties, but CD will eventually have to be their RF.
    Bless their poor pitchers.

asshat TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    That's a lot of strikeouts.

asshat ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc's Avatar
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/e79eb...-fort-bragg-nc

NEW YORK (AP) — The Atlanta Braves and Miami Marlins will play on the U.S. military base at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, on July 3 in a 12,500-capacity ballpark to be built with funding by Major League Baseball and the players' association.

The ballpark will be converted to a softball field and multi-purpose facility after the game.

The matchup originally was to be played at Atlanta's Turner Field, and the Braves will remain the home team. The game will be televised by ESPN as part of its Sunday night baseball schedule.

Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred said in a statement Tuesday that it will be "a unique event that will benefit the men and women of Fort Bragg and their families for many years."

Marlins manager Don Mattingly said the game is a chance to honor the soldiers on the base.

"It feels good to be able to go," Mattingly said. "There are a lot of heroes there. Some of those guys have paid a heavy price."

Braves catcher A.J. Pierzynski attended a 2012 college basketball game aboard the USS Bataan, an amphibious assault ship anchored at Mayport Naval Station in Jacksonville, Fla.

He expects an even greater thrill playing at Fort Bragg.

"It's going to be pretty awesome," Pierzynski said. "To play in front of the troops, that's kind of what you do this for. Because those guys are the real heroes. What they do protecting us and defending out way of life every day is pretty amazing."

Col. Brett Funck, the garrison commander at Fort Bragg, thanked baseball and the union "for their support to our service members and families."

"This historic event and the converted multipurpose facility will have enduring benefits for our entire Fort Bragg community for years to come," he said.

asshat Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps's Avatar
    Astros model....swing for the fences or K.

And that's like the Astros having Gattis in the OF lol
    Last edited by Scraps; 03-09-2016 at 09:42 AM.

asshat NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scraps View Post
    Astros model....swing for the fences or K.

And that's like the Astros having Gattis in the OF lol
    thats brutal

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/ruben...nd-evaluation/
    Amaro on analytics: “You can’t ever deny the numbers. That’s true for every GM and every baseball person, regardless of whether you’re ‘old school’ or ‘new school.’ When a scout walks in, the first thing he does is pick up a stat sheet and look at what the player does and what he’s been doing. The numbers don’t lie.
    “I’ve always believed in analytics. I just didn’t make it all public (in Philadelphia). I thought it was more of a competitive advantage for me to keep our thought-process about analytics closer to the vest. We didn’t boast about what we were doing — we didn’t discuss it openly — because I didn’t think it was anybody’s business but our own as to how we evaluated.
    “We got a little more aggressive, as far as building our analytics department, probably three-or-so years ago. It did maybe become a little more public then. But that doesn’t mean we weren’t utilizing analytics to some degree earlier than that.”
    This just made me lulz: "When a scout walks in, the first thing he does is pick up a stat sheet and look at what the player does and what he’s been doing. The numbers don’t lie."

The very $#@!ing foundation of analytics is recognizing that numbers do lie, and *ANALYZING* which numbers have more meaning than others.

Someone in the comments posted this:

In+ 2014 Craig Calcaterra on HardballTalk wrote “Amaro noted that Schmidt had nearly 900 more plate appearances than Rollins yet, magically, their batting averages aren’t very different despite the identical hit totals. The transcript of his comments via Crossing Broad:
    ““Yeah, we were checking it out. In fact Schmitty was in the booth yesterday when we were talking about it, and, um, I think it’s about a thousand difference in, ah, plate appearances. Pretty amazing. But their batting averages aren’t that different, which is kind of… weird. I don’t quite understand it.””

And speaking of Philly, bad injury for them here.

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2016/3/9...injury-surgery

Well of course it is.

Pedro Alvarez's #Orioles physical still "in process."

One scout in attendance has Jered Weaver topping out at 80 mph in two innings today. He threw a 78-mph fastball Austin Barnes hit for a HR.
    Full article

asshat ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc's Avatar
    ^^^

Jeff Sullivan on twitter

Jeff Sullivan ‏@based_ball 54m54 minutes ago
    other fastballs honk at Jered Weaver's fastball on the freeway

Jeff Sullivan ‏@based_ball 32m32 minutes ago
    one of my biggest pet peeves is when I'm walking down the sidewalk and I get stuck behind a group of Jered Weaver fastballs

Jeff Sullivan ‏@based_ball 29m29 minutes ago
    in the time it takes a Jered Weaver fastball to get to home plate C.J. Wilson could complete a whole interview

Jeff Sullivan ‏@based_ball 28m28 minutes ago
    Jered Weaver is a difficult pitcher to frame because of how his catchers keep falling asleep

Jeff Sullivan ‏@based_ball 25m25 minutes ago
    they say a leprechaun has hidden a pot of gold at the end of every Jered Weaver fastball

Jeff Sullivan ‏@based_ball 19m19 minutes ago
    every fresh Jered Weaver fastball ends up with a five o'clock shadow

Jeff Sullivan ‏@based_ball 17m17 minutes ago
    if you see a baseball seemingly lying still on the ground, don't pick it up, because it might be a Jered Weaver fastball

Jeff Sullivan ‏@based_ball 13m13 minutes ago
    a top-secret government drone program has been researching how to provide aerial refueling to Jered Weaver's fastball

Jeff Sullivan ‏@based_ball 8m8 minutes ago
    Jered Weaver always gets extra defensive support behind him because he gets to be his own catcher

asshat Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau Vine View Post
    http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/ruben...nd-evaluation/
    This just made me lulz: "When a scout walks in, the first thing he does is pick up a stat sheet and look at what the player does and what he’s been doing. The numbers don’t lie."

The very $#@!ing foundation of analytics is recognizing that numbers do lie, and *ANALYZING* which numbers have more meaning than others.

Someone in the comments posted this:
    For real? Do people not know how to calculate a batting average or the difference between a PA and an AB?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
    For real? Do people not know how to calculate a batting average or the difference between a PA and an AB?
    Here's the original report, with audio: http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/06...es-really.html

He really said that.

asshat MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrHelobious's Avatar
    Didn't realize Amaro is a first base coach for the Red Sox now. That's laughable. He went from a franchise that sucked because of their complete lack of analytics to a franchise that sucks because of their over-reliance on analytics.

Goose Gossage, ladies and gentlemen:

Hall of Fame reliever Goose Gossage called Toronto Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista a "disgrace to the game" and blasted "nerds" for turning baseball into a "joke" during a 10-minute interview Thursday.

"Bautista is a f---ing disgrace to the game," Gossage told ESPN. "He's embarrassing to all the Latin players, whoever played before him. Throwing his bat and acting like a fool, like all those guys in Toronto. [Yoenis] Cespedes, same thing."

"It is a joke," Gossage said. "The game is becoming a freaking joke because of the nerds who are running it.

"I'll tell you what has happened, these guys played rotisserie baseball at Harvard or wherever the f--- they went and they thought they figured the f---ing game out. They don't know s---.

"A bunch of f---ing nerds running the game. You can't slide into second base. You can't take out the f---ing catcher because [Buster] Posey was in the wrong position and they are going to change all the rules. You can't pitch inside anymore. I'd like to knock some of these f---ers on their ass and see how they would do against pitchers in the old days.

"Ryan Braun is a f---ing steroid user. He gets a standing ovation on Opening Day in Milwaukee. How do you explain that to your kid after throwing people under the bus and lying through his f---ing teeth? They don't have anyone passing the f---ing torch to these people.

"If I had acted like that, you don't go in that f---ing dugout. There are going to be 20 f---ing guys waiting for you."

Gossage began his comments after being asked about reliever Aroldis Chapman, who was scheduled to make his debut for the Yankees on Thursday. Gossage has long lamented how much more difficult it was for relievers in his day, pitching multiple innings instead of the one that specialists of today pitch. Gossage thinks pitch counts have directly led to injuries.

"They have been created from the top, from their computers," Gossage said. "They are protecting these kids. The first thing a pitcher does when he comes off the mound is ask: 'How many pitches do I have?' If I had asked that f---ing question, they would have said: 'Son, get your ass out there on that mound. If you get tired, we'll come and get you.'"
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14...ining-baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Field View Post

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14...ining-baseball

The Braun comments were pretty much on point, the rest, not so much.

asshat Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death's Avatar
    I feel the way goose feels, honestly. But the game has moved forward. I don't have the anger that he seems to have about that. Baseball, mlb especially, is just different than it was 30 years ago.

I feel the way goose feels, honestly. But the game has moved forward. I don't have the anger that he seems to have about that. Baseball, mlb especially, is just different than it was 30 years ago.
    As long as MLB FOs don't go full Morey, I think the analytics aspect (be that scouting, pitch counts, etc...) is a big plus for any club that uses them.

Yeah, and player safety rules changes seem smart and inevitable now that player salaries are what they are. Goose might have made less than a million bucks for his entire career.

Well, 10 million over 15 years. Never made more than $450k with nyy, got paid by SD and chc, then back down to 300k his last couple of seasons with oak.
    Last edited by Duck of Death; 03-10-2016 at 04:06 PM.

asshat EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne's Avatar
    Goose is a $#@!ing idiot.

Just sounds like a bitter old $#@! that had a few $#@!tails at lunch and decided to fly off the handle at the kids on his lawn.

asshat Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey's Avatar
    I enjoy watching guys like Puig, Fernandez of Miami and those types. Baseball is way too anal about their traditions. These guys didn't grow up playing like that where they came from. Harper was getting at that in his interview.

Quote Originally Posted by EsTyne View Post
    Goose is a $#@!ing idiot.
    Pretty much this. Sounds like a good rant though..... Hopefully he had a dip in while he was doing it.

I enjoy watching guys like Puig, Fernandez of Miami and those types. Baseball is way too anal about their traditions. These guys didn't grow up playing like that where they came from. Harper was getting at that in his interview.
    I'll go on record as saying I $#@!ing LOVED the Bautista bat-flip. $#@! took the best that pitcher had, and deposited it 400' away like a man. He didn't taunt the pitcher. He didn't stare anyone down. He didn't throw any lewd gestures or insult your mother. He celebrated, and then looked to the dugout and his teammates and celebrated some more. That's what Harper is saying as well, that 'getting someone', and celebrating it, doesn't automatically imply that you're trash talking or disrespecting anyone. Hell, the bigger the celebration, the more respect you have for someone because they're obviously difficult to get. I know it's tough to describe on an internet post, but there IS STILL a line you shouldn't cross - don't try and intentionally injure someone, don't directly taunt someone, and don't be an $#@! towards the other team. But celebrating with your team? Bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by capnamerca View Post
    I'll go on record as saying I $#@!ing LOVED the Bautista bat-flip. $#@! took the best that pitcher had, and deposited it 400' away like a man. He didn't taunt the pitcher. He didn't stare anyone down. He didn't throw any lewd gestures or insult your mother. He celebrated, and then looked to the dugout and his teammates and celebrated some more. That's what Harper is saying as well, that 'getting someone', and celebrating it, doesn't automatically imply that you're trash talking or disrespecting anyone. Hell, the bigger the celebration, the more respect you have for someone because they're obviously difficult to get. I know it's tough to describe on an internet post, but there IS STILL a line you shouldn't cross - don't try and intentionally injure someone, don't directly taunt someone, and don't be an $#@! towards the other team. But celebrating with your team? Bring it on.
    Bautista is fine. Ventura can eat a $#@!.

asshat Kip Jordy Shaggy Bronze Club Kip Jordy Shaggy Bronze Club Kip Jordy Shaggy Bronze Club Kip Jordy Shaggy Bronze Club Kip Jordy Shaggy Bronze Club Kip Jordy Shaggy Bronze Club Kip Jordy Shaggy Bronze Club Kip Jordy Shaggy Bronze Club Kip Jordy Shaggy Bronze Club Kip Jordy Shaggy Bronze Club Kip Jordy Shaggy Bronze Club Kip Jordy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Field View Post

Stat Adjuster Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by capnamerca View Post
    lulz

The flagrant bat flips are not about celebrating with your team. Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    lulz

The flagrant bat flips are not about celebrating with your team. Give me a break.
    I'm sure capnamerca would have no problem with an Aggy player flashing the Horns Down sign at his teammates after hitting a walkoff. I mean, as long as he doesn't look at the Texas players while doing it, he's just celebrating with his team.
    Last edited by Captain Obvious; 03-10-2016 at 06:21 PM.

purveyor of taste huge has a gigantic e-peen. huge has a gigantic e-peen. huge has a gigantic e-peen. huge has a gigantic e-peen. huge has a gigantic e-peen. huge has a gigantic e-peen. huge has a gigantic e-peen. huge has a gigantic e-peen. huge has a gigantic e-peen. huge has a gigantic e-peen. huge has a gigantic e-peen. huge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    I'm sure capnamerca would have no problem with an Aggy player flashing the Horns Down sign at his teammates after hitting a walkoff. I mean, as long as he doesn't look at the Texas players while doing it, he's just celebrating with his team.
    Boo hoo! The horns down! I've been disrespected!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Nah, not really. I think it makes them look $#@!in' stupid, but I'm not going to buzz them for it </gossage>.

there is only one player that i boo at home when he comes on tv. its that asshat bryce harper. hes great. fantastic player. but the most fantastic douche of all the douches. i know because we can tell our own.

Quote Originally Posted by NOMAAA View Post
    there is only one player that i boo at home when he comes on tv. its that asshat bryce harper. hes great. fantastic player. but the most fantastic douche of all the douches. i know because we can tell our own.
    His haircut is stupid and his tattoos are gay.

now this is a baseball player doing it with a perfect balance of flair and respect.

now this is a baseball player doing it with a perfect balance of flair and respect.
    delete post ban user

asshat RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas Shaggy Silver Club RottenBananas's Avatar
    Excellent.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast