+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 MLB thread

bunghole SJS grows his own roses SJS grows his own roses SJS grows his own roses SJS grows his own roses SJS grows his own roses SJS grows his own roses SJS grows his own roses SJS grows his own roses SJS grows his own roses SJS grows his own roses SJS grows his own roses SJS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by capnamerca View Post
    I'll go on record as saying I $#@!ing LOVED the Bautista bat-flip. $#@! took the best that pitcher had, and deposited it 400' away like a man. He didn't taunt the pitcher. He didn't stare anyone down. He didn't throw any lewd gestures or insult your mother. He celebrated, and then looked to the dugout and his teammates and celebrated some more. That's what Harper is saying as well, that 'getting someone', and celebrating it, doesn't automatically imply that you're trash talking or disrespecting anyone. Hell, the bigger the celebration, the more respect you have for someone because they're obviously difficult to get. I know it's tough to describe on an internet post, but there IS STILL a line you shouldn't cross - don't try and intentionally injure someone, don't directly taunt someone, and don't be an $#@! towards the other team. But celebrating with your team? Bring it on.
    Pretty much this. I loved the bat flip too, maybe the most memorable moment of the 2015 season.

Besides, baseball has always been a rowdy sport. The bench jockeying that went on from the 30s-60s blows away anything happening in today's game. Gossage should know that, he played for Billy Martin after all.

purveyor of taste huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RottenBananas View Post
    Excellent.
    yeah, good and terrible...

asshat Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    Pretty much this. I loved the bat flip too, maybe the most memorable moment of the 2015 season.

Besides, baseball has always been a rowdy sport. The bench jockeying that went on from the 30s-60s blows away anything happening in today's game. Gossage should know that, he played for Billy Martin after all.
    I'm a Rangers fan and loved the bat flip as well. So many Ranger fans with sand in their vaginas getting pissed at him. For what? He did his job and in the most clutch moment up to that point. I give him his props. He did his thing. Our pitcher also got a sandy vag after serving up that season ending home run. Next time make a better pitch. I would have loved that if our player did that in that moment. Crying about the "integrity of the game" and the unwritten rules is just a crutch to lean on to have people fall in line with these outdated ways of thinking. These old players and people in the game are intimidated by what these young players are bringing to the game. I'd love to have a Puig type on Texas. He doesn't give a $#@! about dorky rules in place on what you should do.

Some had issues how he celebrated on a big triple in the NLCS a few seasons back. He got up real pumped and pumping his fist. Saying he should not do that. $#@! that. Show emotion on the field. It's a game. This isn't a Catholic mass. Let loose.

And pitchers wanting to fight because batters admire their home runs, staring down the pitcher and taking their time around the bases. Brawls have broke out over that. It's hilarious.

asshat Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey's Avatar

asshat TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Mackey View Post
    I'm a Rangers fan and loved the bat flip as well. So many Ranger fans with sand in their vaginas getting pissed at him. For what? He did his job and in the most clutch moment up to that point. I give him his props. He did his thing. Our pitcher also got a sandy vag after serving up that season ending home run. Next time make a better pitch. I would have loved that if our player did that in that moment. Crying about the "integrity of the game" and the unwritten rules is just a crutch to lean on to have people fall in line with these outdated ways of thinking. These old players and people in the game are intimidated by what these young players are bringing to the game. I'd love to have a Puig type on Texas. He doesn't give a $#@! about dorky rules in place on what you should do.

Some had issues how he celebrated on a big triple in the NLCS a few seasons back. He got up real pumped and pumping his fist. Saying he should not do that. $#@! that. Show emotion on the field. It's a game. This isn't a Catholic mass. Let loose.

And pitchers wanting to fight because batters admire their home runs, staring down the pitcher and taking their time around the bases. Brawls have broke out over that. It's hilarious.
    Agreed. It's why I love Harper and despise so-called "integrity protectors" like Brian McCann and Jered Weaver.

asshat TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Probably my favorite home run of all time. Weaver is such a douche.

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/6479266/v17526209

asshat NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by huge View Post
    yeah, good and terrible...
    huge once drunkenly texted me the following, "look, ill admit it, odor is a better player than altuve and i like the rangers."

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    Jarrod Parker had TJ in '14, has now broken the elbow bone that tendon is screwed into two years in a row. Career over.

asshat ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spystud13 View Post
    Jarrod Parker had TJ in '14, has now broken the elbow bone that tendon is screwed into two years in a row. Career over.
    That was his 2nd TJ surgery too.

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    1/$3M for Freese to Pitt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlagship View Post
    Agreed. It's why I love Harper and despise so-called "integrity protectors" like Brian McCann and Jered Weaver.
    Well, Weaver's throwing 80 in ST, so McCann may need to find a new protector buddy......

asshat NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA's Avatar
    Freese can suck all the $#@!.

Lulz, Wieters with elbow tightness. Orioles are getting bent right over, this isn't going to be a fun season for them.

Anyone watched "Major League Legends" on Smithsonian Channel yet? They've done Aaron/Ruth/Gehrig so far.

Adam LaRoche walking away from his last $13M. Now they can go AJax CF/Eaton RF/Avisail DH most days.

asshat swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie's Avatar
    Adam LaRoche walking away from his last $13M. Now they can go AJax CF/Eaton RF/Avisail DH most days.
    Lidge was on MLB radio recommending they offer to pay $13M of Howard's deal and try to get him from the Phils to DH, assuming the Phils pick up the rest.

Yeah, $13M for that badass .277 OBP/-0.5 oWAR sounds smart.

asshat swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie Shaggy Gold Club swonie's Avatar
    Yeah, $13M for that badass .277 OBP/-0.5 oWAR sounds smart.
    I was just reporting what I heard. They were talking about how barren the Sox are at DH now. If Howard is healthy and plays no defense he could hit better. They didn't say the whole $13M, the quote was "use the money you're getting back from LaRoche." I should have said up to $13M not all of it.

asshat TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL's Avatar
    Anyone watched "Major League Legends" on Smithsonian Channel yet? They've done Aaron/Ruth/Gehrig so far.

Who's next after Gehrig? My money's on Raffy Ramirez.

purveyor of taste huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOMAAA View Post
    huge once drunkenly texted me the following, "look, ill admit it, odor is a better player than altuve and i like the rangers."
    I've never been that drunk.

asshat ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class ERhine Definitely Shaggy upper class
    Lol.

asshat Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine's Avatar

Rumor around Chicago is LaRoche is done because they didn't want his kid in the clubhouse anymore.

Rosenthal:

Just talked to ‪#‎White‬ Sox president Ken Williams. Here is what he told me about LaRoche:

"There has been no policy change with regards to allowance of kids in the clubhouse, on the field, the back fields during spring training. This young man that we're talking about, Drake, everyone loves this young man. In no way do I want this to be about him.

"I asked Adam, said, 'Listen, our focus, our interest, our desire this year is to make sure we give ourselves every opportunity to focus on a daily basis on getting better. All I'm asking you to do with regard to bringing your kid to the ballpark is dial it back.'

"I don't think he should be here 100 percent of the time - and he has been here 100 percent, every day, in the clubhouse. I said that I don't even think he should be here 50 percent of the time. Figure it out, somewhere in between.

"We all think his kid is a great young man. I just felt it should not be every day, that's all. You tell me, where in this country can you bring your child to work every day?

"I respect the man and his decision. I can't disagree with what (Blaine Boyer) said about Adam as a person. But I take exception to the 'evil' part."

Boyer said of LaRoche earlier: "He is an unbelievable husband, an unbelievable father, a friend you can only dream of.

"I honestly think this is between good and evil. I know which side Adam lives on. I'm thankful to see the way he's acting. It's an unbelievable test of who he is, the husband he is, the father he is."

Can't argue with much of that.

how old is this "kid"? from all accounts prince followed his dad around a bunch but he was a kid and his dad wasnt 60 like laroche.

The kid is 14.

Dude is a Jesus Freak. Apparently complained about language and other random $#@! regularly. Most of the team won't be sorry to see him go. The front office sure isn't.

14 year old doesnt need to be in the clubhouse every day. thats ridiculous.

Seems like a weird thing to suddenly retire over too. Cut the cord, dude. Your kid will be okay having to go to school during the week until summer vacation actually starts.

Quote Originally Posted by NOMAAA View Post
    14 year old doesnt need to be in the clubhouse every day. thats ridiculous.
    This. This isn't a daycare. Nor a place for a kid all the time. Every now and then is fine but not to the point he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Massive Horn View Post
    Dude is a Jesus Freak. Apparently complained about language and other random $#@! regularly. Most of the team won't be sorry to see him go. The front office sure isn't.
    Bringing your kid to the clubhouse everyday and then complaining about the language and $#@! is like taking him to the titty bar and asking the strippers to cover up. Not cool.

This is kinda funny though.

The irony that everyone is missing is that Ken Williams drafted all three of his sons to play for the @whitesox.

Stat Adjuster Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry's Avatar
    This guy had it right:

Jared Diamond
    ‏@jareddiamond

Nobody's at fault. Reasonable request by the White Sox. LaRoche values the time with his son more than the money.

asshat texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch's Avatar

looks like they cleared out their lockers.

Quote Originally Posted by texashooch View Post

looks like they cleared out their lockers.
    Did he really have his own locker or is this a photoshop? Wow...

asshat texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch Shaggy Bronze Club texashooch's Avatar
    I got it from the Sun-Times by way of a tweet from Danny Ecker, who covers the Sox for the Chicago Business news. He reported that this was the set up at the park last year.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/r...-ken-williams/

asshat drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    I'm sure capnamerca would have no problem with an Aggy player flashing the Horns Down sign at his teammates after hitting a walkoff. I mean, as long as he doesn't look at the Texas players while doing it, he's just celebrating with his team.
    So... about this...

Here's the March 2015 ESPN piece on LaRoche's kid's locker.

Adam LaRoche showed up at the Chicago White Sox's home clubhouse at Camelback Ranch in February to the ultimate tribute: The team gave him the corner locker stall that was inhabited for years by franchise mainstay and longtime team leader Paul Konerko.

The White Sox outdid themselves with a second, equally thoughtful gesture: They saved the adjoining locker for LaRoche's son, Drake, who accompanies him to spring training every year. Drake LaRoche, 13, arrived to find his very own nameplate and uniform hanging in the stall.

"It's a big thing," said Adam LaRoche, who is also accompanied by his wife, Jennifer, and daughter, Montana, in Glendale. "I love having kids around. I knew they were comfortable with it here, but this just took it to the next level. It's pretty cool."

When the White Sox signed LaRoche to a two-year, $25 million contract in November, they were getting more than just a devoted family man. For starters, LaRoche has one of the coolest beards in baseball. "It kind of gets there before he does," said White Sox manager Robin Ventura.

La Roche also brings a proven track record on both sides of the ball. He's a smooth-fielding first baseman, and he has hit at least 20 homers in nine of the past 10 seasons. The only exception came in 2011, when he underwent shoulder surgery and appeared in only 43 games for the Washington Nationals.

The White Sox are up to their cap brims in LaRoches this spring. Andy, Adam's younger brother who was once a top prospect with the Los Angeles Dodgers, is trying to resurrect his career with Chicago on a minor league contract that includes an invitation to major league camp.

The LaRoche brothers played together with the Pittsburgh Pirates in 2009. Since then, Andy has played for the Oakland, Cleveland, Boston and Toronto organizations and failed to gain much traction in the majors. He's been bothered by recurring back problems.

The LaRoches are all living together in the Phoenix area during the Cactus League, and Adam, Andy and Drake commute to the ballpark in Glendale each morning and back home at night. When asked what chores Andy has assumed in the family abode this spring, Adam was stumped for an answer.

"He's just here for eye candy, I guess," Adam said. “I don't know what he does. He will baby-sit, though."

Adam might want to get that in writing before proclaiming it a fait accompli.

"When he tries to get me to do it, I tell him, 'I have plans,'" Andy said. "Then I make plans."

He also reportedly flew on almost every road trip.

While it's easy to see Chicago's current point of view, it seems pretty clear that they made some decisions along the way which enabled LaRoche into thinking that this was acceptable. Now they want to put the horse back in the barn. So, I guess I see the fault from both sides. LaRoche needs some perspective and self awareness, but it's hard to feel sorry for the Sox here.

While it's easy to see Chicago's current point of view, it seems pretty clear that they made some decisions along the way which enabled LaRoche into thinking that this was acceptable. Now they want to put the horse back in the barn. So, I guess I see the fault from both sides. LaRoche needs some perspective and self awareness, but it's hard to feel sorry for the Sox here.
    Sox probably got what they wanted.... they're off the hook for 13 million.

Hell yeah, & now the players can talk about whatever the $#@! they want without the kid in the corner.

Bronson Arroyo was trying to make a comeback with the Nats after TJ last year, tore his $#@!ing labrum instead. 15 years & $95MM is a pretty solid career though.

Quote Originally Posted by drew corleone View Post
    So... about this...
    Heh, no kidding! I do have an issue with that, because he's pretty clearly taunting the Horns and not celebrating with his guys. Wouldn't bother me at all if he wore one in the ribs on the next matchup.

asshat Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fastbreak's Avatar
    I'm sure this move isn't going to $#@! the kid u even more...

asshat Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine's Avatar
    Bronson Arroyo was trying to make a comeback with the Nats after TJ last year, tore his $#@!ing labrum instead. 15 years & $95MM is a pretty solid career though.
    One of my favorites. He's also a guy who's very good at life.

This wouldn't be happening if his OPS had been 840 instead of 640 last season.

Here's the March 2015 ESPN piece on LaRoche's kid's locker.

He also reportedly flew on almost every road trip.
    Doesn't this kid have school? Or is he homeschooled so he can be there all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by bluemooner View Post
    Doesn't this kid have school? Or is he homeschooled so he can be there all the time?
    That was my question. At first I thought maybe he was a special needs kid or something since it didn't appear he played school, but nobody has mentioned that either.

Homeschooled. It's in the thread in several places, and in several of the articles.

I agree that a 14 year old has no business in a MLB clubhouse everyday or on the road, but I can see it playing out like this. LaRoche was on the decline, is having back spasm issues this spring. Maybe he contemplated retirement anyway, but was giving it one more shot because of how awesome the experience was for his kid. Once this came down, he said forget it, and walked away

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast