+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 MLB thread

asshat EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne's Avatar

2016 MLB thread

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Vine View Post
    One of my favorites. He's also a guy who's very good at life.
    best corn rows in major league history.

Apparently, some of the clubhouse wasn't thrilled with the ultimatum made by Williams....

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 2h2 hours ago

Heard same as @thekapman: In a contentious meeting, Chris Sale absolutely lit up White Sox prez Kenny Williams over Adam LaRoche situation.

Jeff Passan Verified account
    ‏@JeffPassan

F-bombs aplenty flew during the White Sox's meeting with Kenny Williams. Players so pissed they considered boycott, as @karlravechespn said
    Also, apparently Hahn and Ventura authorized the kid's involvement at signing time, at least according to one side....

Chicago-area radio host David Kaplan said Drake being allowed in the clubhouse was part of LaRoche’s deal to sign with Chicago for two years and $25 million before 2015, and the Twitter account of LaRoche’s company, E3 Meat, tweeted out a thumbs up emoji, followed by: “you are on to something.”
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-ada...40763-mlb.html

Really odd situation....

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    Minor league deal for Marlon Byrd to Cle.

Quote Originally Posted by spystud13 View Post
    Minor league deal for Marlon Byrd to Cle.
    Sucks for Chicago, I figured he might get a look as LaRoche's replacement. Justin Morneau looks like the best option left on the table unless they have someone in AAA or work a trade out.

Assuming they don't work stuff out with LaRoche.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickBateman View Post
    Apparently, some of the clubhouse wasn't thrilled with the ultimatum made by Williams....

Also, apparently Hahn and Ventura authorized the kid's involvement at signing time, at least according to one side....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-ada...40763-mlb.html

Really odd situation....
    If LaRoche didn't get anything in writing on his contract regarding his kid being there, that's his fault. This is a business and every demand a player has needs to be set in stone in writing. If it was written in the contract, then $#@! the Sox for violating the terms. As far as a kid being there all the time, wouldn't this be a liability issue for the team? Insurance companies may want a higher premium if they knew a kid was going to be there all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemooner View Post
    If LaRoche didn't get anything in writing on his contract regarding his kid being there, that's his fault. This is a business and every demand a player has needs to be set in stone in writing. If it was written in the contract, then $#@! the Sox for violating the terms. As far as a kid being there all the time, wouldn't this be a liability issue for the team? Insurance companies may want a higher premium if they knew a kid was going to be there all the time.
    Maybe if they have an abuse & molestation coverage endorsement tacked on to their GL policy (and really there's no reason for them to have this coverage), but I can't imagine that having a single 14 year old who is related to one of the players would drive a significant increase in premium. There's just not a lot of exposure there. It shouldn't generate any additional exposure at all for the premises GL, that's usually rated by square footage.
    Last edited by strosbros; 03-18-2016 at 10:31 AM.

asshat Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey's Avatar
    LaRoche releases a statement

Given the suddenness of my departure and the stir it has caused in both the media and the clubhouse, I feel it’s necessary to provide my perspective.

Over the last five years, with both the Nationals and the White Sox, I have been given the opportunity to have my son with me in the clubhouse. It is a privilege I have greatly valued. I have never taken it for granted, and I feel an enormous amount of gratitude toward both of those organizations.

Though I clearly indicated to both teams the importance of having my son with me, I also made clear that if there was ever a moment when a teammate, coach or manager was made to feel uncomfortable, then I would immediately address it. I realize that this is their office and their career, and it would not be fair to the team if anybody in the clubhouse was unhappy with the situation. Fortunately, that problem never developed. I’m not going to speak about my son Drake’s behavior, his manners, and the quality of person that he is, because everyone knows that I am biased. All of the statements from my teammates, past and present, should say enough. Those comments from all of the people who have interacted with Drake are a testimony to how he carries himself.

Prior to signing with the White Sox, my first question to the club concerned my son’s ability to be a part of the team. After some due diligence on the club’s part, we reached an agreement. The 2015 season presented no problems as far as Drake was concerned. (My bat and our record are another story!)

With all of this in mind, we move toward the current situation which arose after White Sox VP Ken Williams recently advised me to significantly scale back the time that my son spent in the clubhouse. Later, I was told not to bring him to the ballpark at all. Obviously, I expressed my displeasure toward this decision to alter the agreement we had reached before I signed with the White Sox. Upon doing so, I had to make a decision. Do I choose my teammates and my career? Or do I choose my family? The decision was easy, but in no way was it a reflection of how I feel about my teammates, manager, general manager or the club’s owner Jerry Reinsdorf.

The White Sox organization is full of people with strong values and solid character. My decision to walk away was simply the result of a fundamental disagreement between myself and Ken Williams.

I understand that many people will not understand my decision. I respect that, and all I ask is for that same level of respect in return. I live by certain values that are rooted in my faith, and I am grateful to my parents for that. I have tried to set a good example on and off the field and live a life that represents these values. As fathers, we have an opportunity to help mold our kids into men and women of character, with morals and values that can’t be shaken by the world around them. Of one thing I am certain: we will regret NOT spending enough time with our kids, not the other way around.

At every level of my career, the game of baseball has reinforced the importance of family to me. Being at my father’s side when he coached. Playing alongside my brothers as a kid and as an adult in the big leagues.

Likewise, it has been great to have my son by my side to share in this experience as I played.

In each and every instance, baseball has given me some of my life’s greatest memories. This was likely to be the last year of my career, and there’s no way I was going to spend it without my son.

Baseball has taught me countless life lessons. I’ve learned how to face challenges, how to overcome failure, how to maintain humility, and most importantly, to trust that the Lord is in control and that I was put here to do more than play the game of baseball. We are called to live life with an unwavering love for God and love for each other. These are lessons I try to teach my kids every day. I truly am blessed to have been granted each of those experiences.

Thank you to all of my previous managers, past teammates and friends across the league for making these past 12 years such a wonderful journey, and for providing me with memories that I will never forget--especially the ones with my son by my side.

I will leave you with the same advice that I left my teammates. In life, we’re all faced with difficult decisions and will have a choice to make. Do we act based on the consequences, or do we act on what we know and believe in our hearts to be right? I choose the latter.

- Adam
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sof75p

asshat Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey's Avatar
    Just a very odd situation. Sale saying Williams straight up lied to them.

With two Adam LaRoche jerseys hanging at his locker -- one signed by LaRoche's son, Drake -- Chicago White Sox ace Chris Sale said Friday that he and his teammates were lied to by executive Kenny Williams.

The jersey signed by Drake LaRoche had the message: "Chris thank you for taking care of me."

Sale said Williams has told three different stories on why the decision was made to limit 14-year-old Drake LaRoche's access to the clubhouse, prompting his father to leave the team and a contract that would have paid him $13 million this season.

"Somebody walked out of those doors the other day and it was the wrong guy," Sale said.

Sale said Williams has contradicted himself, first saying that players complained about LaRoche's son being in the clubhouse, then saying it was coaches who spoke against it, and then saying the decision came down from ownership.

"We got bald-faced lied to by someone that we trust," Sale said.

"This isn't us rebelling against rules; this is us rebelling against B.S.," he added.

White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf told ESPN that some players have asked to meet with him about the situation and he's deciding a course of action. White Sox outfielder Adam Eaton told reporters Friday that he has talked to the Major League Baseball Players Association about potentially filing a grievance on LaRoche's behalf.

Later Friday, in a statement released to the media, Reinsdorf said the White Sox "continue to feel that it would be premature to comment at this time."

"This is an internal issue, and we are in the process of holding a number of discussions with players, staff and the front office. As a result, we do not want to comment until that process is completed," Reinsdorf said in the statement. "I have instructed members of the organization not to talk about this issue and get our focus back on the field and winning baseball games."

LaRoche abruptly retired Tuesday after he was told by Williams that he had to limit the time his 14-year-old son spent with the team.

White Sox players considered not playing in Wednesday's spring training game in support of LaRoche, sources told ESPN's Karl Ravech. The sources said that White Sox manager Robin Ventura intervened and persuaded the players, who were united in support of LaRoche, to play the game against the Milwaukee Brewers.

Sale said the White Sox players have confidence in Ventura and general manager Rick Hahn and that any message about changes in clubhouse policy should have been relayed to the players by Ventura and not Williams.

"While I disagree with Chris' assertions today, I certainly have always appreciated his passion," Williams said Friday.

Earlier Friday, Williams had no comment when asked about LaRoche.

"It's time to get back into the routine of things," he said.

Sale said the controversy has derailed the momentum the White Sox had been building in spring training. "There was absolutely no problem in here with anyone. [Williams] kind of created a problem," he said.

Sale said White Sox players are still "trying to find out what the truth is," and that the situation was "extremely frustrating."

"Especially when people tell you we're here to win a championship and then stuff like this happens," he said.

Sale said he and his teammates stand by Adam LaRoche "100 percent" and would gladly welcome the 36-year-old back to the team if he decided to return.

He said he respects "a man that stands by his word and isn't afraid to stand up for what he believes in."

Drake LaRoche "is honestly one of the best kids I've ever met," Sale said, adding that he was "wise beyond his years and mature beyond his years."

He called Drake LaRoche the "team mascot" and credited him for bringing energy to the clubhouse.

According to a source, Drake LaRoche's presence with the White Sox was agreed upon as a condition when his father signed with the team. The source said LaRoche would not have signed if there wasn't an agreement on that condition.
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15...-exec-williams

Seleccion Suprema No. 1 Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo's Avatar
    White Sox outfielder Adam Eaton told reporters Friday that he has talked to the Major League Baseball Players Association about potentially filing a grievance on LaRoche's behalf.
    For what exactly? While it certainly looks like the White Sox $#@!ed this up majorly, why exactly should a player's kid be in the clubhouse constantly?

Burnt Orange Weenie BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Macanudo View Post
    For what exactly? While it certainly looks like the White Sox $#@!ed this up majorly, why exactly should a player's kid be in the clubhouse constantly?
    yeah this whole situation is very weird. i'm not a parent, but i think wanting your son with you 24/7 is just...odd.

asshat NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA's Avatar
    this is stupid and needs to go away. who gives a $#@! at this point. brilliant marketing move by the sox though. for the first time in years, people are talking about the other team in chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Mackey View Post
    LaRoche releases a statement

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sof75p
    I've got crazy respect for that message. Taking the high road, letting you know his side of the story, and bowing out gracefully. I don't know that we'll ever really know what was agreed to and what was promised and what was pulled back in terms of having Drake in the clubhouse, but good on Adam LaRoche for making his choices.

bunghole Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Macanudo View Post
    The grievance, if one is filed, would presumably be based on any agreement the White Sox and LaRoche made when the contract was signed.

asshat C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by capnamerca View Post
    I've got crazy respect for that message. Taking the high road, letting you know his side of the story, and bowing out gracefully. I don't know that we'll ever really know what was agreed to and what was promised and what was pulled back in terms of having Drake in the clubhouse, but good on Adam LaRoche for making his choices.
    LaRoche is a $#@!ing freakshow. I didn't realize the kid was on the road with the team 24/7 too. Whacko/money quote in bold.

My father is a great father. I wrote a whole book about him. He was there for me every day of my life, supported me through difficult times, paid for my schooling, encouraged an unconventional career despite ample evidence that he shouldn't, and was a consistent, reliable presence, even when I sometimes wanted him to go away. I'd have been broken without him.
    He retired a couple of years ago, but he worked his entire life as a troubleshooter for Central Illinois Public Service Company, the electric company. Basically, he was the guy in charge of making sure your power didn't go out and, when it did, the guy who went out and fixed it. When I was a kid and my mom couldn't get off work in time to pick me up from school, I'd walk over and wait for him in the substation where he had a makeshift office; typically he was out in his truck, but there was a spare desk for his thermos, a place to stick pictures of the kids under the glass before hitting the road.
    The substation was staffed with blue-collar union guys like him, which meant there were cigarette butts everywhere and urine all over the bathroom floor and lots of calendars on the wall with women in bikinis posing with power tools. They still make these.

Dad usually told me to go wait out in the car.
    Adam LaRoche is expected to speak Friday about his sudden retirement from the Chicago White Sox and the kerfuffle that has arisen since. (It's quite a kerfuffle: It led the "Today" show Friday morning, along with an eagle egg in the National Zoo that everyone's waiting to hatch.) By now, you've heard all the angles on this. White Sox executive vice president Ken Williams told LaRoche that his 14-year-old son Drake, who had his own locker, would no longer be allowed to be with the team 100 percent of the time. White Sox players, led by Chris Sale, reportedly threatened a boycott of Friday's game against the Cubs, and Williams is under fire from all directions, particularly from his players, who claim he didn't understand clubhouse dynamics and should just stay out all together. LaRoche is being painted as a martyr, someone whose mean baseball team wouldn't let him hang out with his son. Rather than be a part of the cold-hearted, we-hate-fathers world of professional baseball, thus, LaRoche walked away, from $13 million and the game he loves.
    It is to LaRoche's credit that he so values being a father that he wants to be a steady presence to his son. Lord knows, there are millions of fathers, inside baseball and outside, who have failed on that same basic human commitment. And he and his White Sox teammates have succeeded in casting this as simply a father trying to be a good dad, and those mean old suits trying to stop him.
    But it is not so simple. LaRoche isn't just letting his son hang out with him when he's in the clubhouse, taking advantage of the opportunity being a baseball player's son allows him. He is, for all intents and purposes, raising his son in a clubhouse.
    Don't take my word for it. Listen to LaRoche, in a 2013 Washington Post story.
    "We're not big on school," LaRoche said. "I told my wife, 'He's going to learn a lot more useful information in the clubhouse than he will in the classroom, as far as life lessons.'"
    Let's unpack that quote. LaRoche isn't saying that his son can learn everything he would learn from school while being on the road with his dad. He's saying what he learns in the clubhouse is better than what he would learn in school. He's saying the clubhouse is school.
    This is not something LaRoche takes lightly; he and his wife have taken great pains to make sure this is the arrangement. Drake LaRoche attends school in Kansas in the winter and then "took his schoolwork on the road with him once baseball season started." As long as he passed an occasional standardized test -- aided by occasional tutoring -- the school, bizarrely, allowed this to continue. Note that this is not homeschooling; it's select schooling. It's a school going along with a student missing months of class at a time. Did Drake handle this OK? Well: "It's a little harder not being with all the teachers, but I can get by."
    Notably, Drake did have moments when he would leave his father's side, but they weren't for school events. They were for Drake's Little League games.
    And where is Drake spending all this time, getting this education? He's getting it in a Major League Baseball clubhouse.
    Now. Maybe the Chicago White Sox clubhouse -- and the Washington Nationals' before that -- is unlike every other clubhouse and locker room that has ever existed. Maybe they're all studying the periodic table and the Avogadro constant in there. Maybe they're analyzing Proust in between innings. Maybe they've got Model United Nations set up in the massage room.
    But if it's like every other clubhouse that has ever existed, it's a sweaty, hot box of young $#@!sure men doing what young $#@!sure men have done when in close proximity to each for months at a time for centuries: You burp, you fart, you tell dirty jokes, you say things you don't actually believe to fit in with the group, you grow hideous facial hair, you talk about women in ways that are often not appropriate for a teenager, you burp and fart some more. You're 25 young men hanging out together, all the time, with no overarching adult authority.
    I say this with some affection, by the way, not just scorn. I wasn't an exceptional athlete, suffice it to say, but I loved hanging out with my teammates in locker rooms when I played high school baseball and football. There's a camaraderie and connection you get with teammates that every athlete understands, far more than an amateur like myself ever could, and that bond is one that lasts a lifetime. Often it manifests itself in Cro-Magnon talk, but usually (usually), it's just talk, guys being guys. Men act a certain way when they are in close quarters to men, and they act differently outside of it. It doesn't make everything that can be said in there acceptable, but it does make it understandable. And -- most important -- it's understood to be something that stays in the clubhouse. You don't act outside the clubhouse the way you do in the clubhouse. You're not an animal. It's another reason athletes are always saying the clubhouse is so sacrosanct: It's their private place. They can be assheads there because they can't be assheads anywhere else.
    And Adam LaRoche decided this is where his son should be raised. He said, in 2013, his son would learn more in this place than he would in school. Drake didn't leave this place for school; he left it for other games. This is where his father wanted him to be. You know: LaRoche was just "not big" on school.
    Also, LaRoche has a younger daughter, named Montana. She gets to go to school. There must be more for her to learn there than there is for Drake.
    Look, maybe you're angry with Williams for trying to set clubhouse policy from the executive skybox. Maybe you think that many of those players secretly didn't want a 14-year-old around their private place all the time. Maybe you think the team is going back on its word. Maybe you think LaRoche is showing strong principles by walking away from $13 million so he can spend time with his son. These are all reasonable stances.
    But LaRoche isn't just saying he wants to spend time with his son. He's saying a baseball clubhouse is a better place for his son than school. And I'm sorry: That's one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. I suspect, even in baseball clubhouses, I am not alone in thinking that way. If my dad tried to raise me in an electrical substation, he'd have been arrested, and rightfully so. The question is not, "Why isn't Adam LaRoche allowed to have his son live in a Major League clubhouse?" The question is, "How in the world did it take his team this long to make him stop?"
    Email me at leitch@sportsonearth.com; follow me @williamfleitch; or just shout out your window real loud, I'll hear you. Point is, let's talk.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...e-school-drake

asshat C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOMAAA View Post
    this is stupid and needs to go away. who gives a $#@! at this point. brilliant marketing move by the sox though. for the first time in years, people are talking about the other team in chicago.
    And they successfully dumped a $13M/yr salary for a 1B with a .207 average and 12 HR last year.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Man View Post
    LaRoche is a $#@!ing freakshow. I didn't realize the kid was on the road with the team 24/7 too. Whacko/money quote in bold.

[/I]

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...e-school-drake
    $#@! i agree with him for the most part. Most of grade school is a waste of time. You don't learn anything about life.. You are in some bubble sheltered away from the real world. Many baseball players aren't that educated and spent most their lives isolated in the baseball environment. I know it goes against the gain to say you don't believe in school.

I know one thing it will do and that is to be an independent thinker. School conforms and shapes your mind to what they want. No independent thinking allowed. That's when they will slap some tag on you and say you are disruptive. Or ADD.

If LaRoche didn't get it in writing, he needs to $#@! off. Even if just one player complained about the kid being there, that's one too many. Talk about separation anxiety.

$#@! i agree with him for the most part. Most of grade school is a waste of time. You don't learn anything about life.. You are in some bubble sheltered away from the real world. Many baseball players aren't that educated and spent most their lives isolated in the baseball environment. I know it goes against the gain to say you don't believe in school.

I know one thing it will do and that is to be an independent thinker. School conforms and shapes your mind to what they want. No independent thinking allowed.
    No it won't. Dave LaRoche was a $#@!ing idiot. His kids are $#@!ing idiots. And this kid will be one too. It is harder to overcome a $#@!ing moron for a parent than a moronic school system.

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    Ruben Tejada to Cards for $1.5M after Mets cut him.

Adam LaRoche thought Drake was the 26th man, but behind closed doors, a lot of teammates probably viewed him as Stillwell Angel. No way management makes this an issue unless players complained, and, you know, if LaRoche didn't suck last year.

bunghole Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo Shaggy Bronze Club Texas Wahoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemooner View Post
    Adam LaRoche thought Drake was the 26th man, but behind closed doors, a lot of teammates probably viewed him as Stillwell Angel. No way management makes this an issue unless players complained, and, you know, if LaRoche didn't suck last year.
    I think the last part is what matters. The White Sox are saving $13 million by taking this stand.

Chose Figgins retired today. Mariners' fans believe it's about 6 years too late.

asshat ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc's Avatar
    new sliding rule at 2B called today

http://m.mlb.com/video/v559281183/pi...game_pk=469844

asshat TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheFlagship might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludosc View Post
    new sliding rule at 2B called today

http://m.mlb.com/video/v559281183/pi...game_pk=469844
    I don't get the rule? It looks like he slid right into 2nd?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlagship View Post
    I don't get the rule? It looks like he slid right into 2nd?
    My guess is that he slid too late - there was no chance that he would be able to stop on 2nd.

asshat Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine's Avatar
    Alden Gonzalez Verified account ‏@Alden_Gonzalez

Mike Scioscia said Mike Trout will look to bunt if the situation presents itself this year. Three bunt hits as a rookie in 2012, zero since.

asshat EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne's Avatar
    as a Rangers fan, I hope he bunts his little heart out.

asshat ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc's Avatar
    this is just weird in Havana. Everyone standing around, no music, just waiting on Obama and Castro to show up so they can start the game.

Looks like the Presidents have arrived.

dipshit ramirezut slams and goes hard. ramirezut slams and goes hard. ramirezut slams and goes hard. ramirezut slams and goes hard. ramirezut slams and goes hard. ramirezut slams and goes hard. ramirezut slams and goes hard. ramirezut slams and goes hard. ramirezut slams and goes hard. ramirezut slams and goes hard. ramirezut slams and goes hard. ramirezut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ludosc View Post
    this is just weird in Havana. Everyone standing around, no music, just waiting on Obama and Castro to show up so they can start the game.
    Were you not watching before? They were chanting, doing the wave, taking pics the whole pregame...

Do they get good cell phone service in Cuba? Wondering if they are on 2G or 4G or LTE

Rachel Robinson is such a fantastic lady.

Great article on Satchel Paige playing in Cuba

Ethier out 10-14 weeks with a broken leg from a foul ball. Roberts' job of writing the lineup card just got easier for awhile, can straight platoon Crawford/Van Slyke in LF, Trayce Thompson backs up Joc.

Most of grade school is a waste of time. You don't learn anything about life.
    this sums you up on so many levels.

You are in some bubble sheltered away from the real world.
    as dumb as your first comment was, this one really takes the cake. explain to us how being in a $#@!ing school surrounded by your peers is a bubble sheltered away from the real world but spending all day hanging out in a MLB locker room isn't.

Alex Rodriguez set to retire after the 2017 season when his contract expires.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15...B&sf23035563=1

Banned FamGod FamGod FamGod FamGod FamGod FamGod FamGod FamGod FamGod FamGod FamGod
    Fangraphs on how a salary cap might actually be good for the majority of players

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-mlbpa-has-a-problem/

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-p...r-mlb-players/

asshat Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine's Avatar
    http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/7395516...-462foot-homer

Highest exit velocity ever recorded by Statcast: 120 mph

Goldschmidt told me last year that O'Brien is the strongest guy he's ever seen in his life. He said the first time he lifted weights with him, he just came away embarrassed.

Unfortunately, O'Brien is a true whiff machine.

Joe Garagiola died today @ 90.

asshat Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes Blank probably preboards planes
    Quote Originally Posted by spystud13 View Post
    Joe Garagiola died today @ 90.

Dammit.

16 days

asshat NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA's Avatar

no way in hell he gets the same type of farewell tour that jeets and papi are getting right?

Or maybe not . . .

Brewers DL to grow again: Will Smith has a torn LCL in his right knee and may face surgery. Was hurt in the clubhouse pulling off his shoe.

He looked around at the $#@!ing roster, was like "$#@!"...

Paves the way for Corey to eventually close..... sorta, maybe....

http://m.mlb.com/video/v565630683/to...by-throw-exits

Is "A.J. Jimenez" Spanish for "Jeff Mathis?"

i love this gif.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast