+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016-2017 WBB: Journey to Dallas

asshat js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes

2016-2017 WBB: Journey to Dallas

I don't think we are targeting any more 17 front court players. Pushing hard for 18 P Sedona Prince

We lose Taylor and Lang after next year. So we should have at least 1 more scholarship open for '17. I'm sure there's going to be more attrition too.

If Texas pushes for Vivian Gray I think they land her. #26 recruit in the '17 class.

asshat js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasStrong12 View Post
    We lose Taylor and Lang after next year. So we should have at least 1 more scholarship open for '17. I'm sure there's going to be more attrition too.

If Texas pushes for Vivian Gray I think they land her. #26 recruit in the '17 class.
    My understanding is remaining 2017 targets include Vivian Gray. Rellah Boothe. We've moved on from Chennedy Carter (most likely) with Patterson's signing. Wish we would push again a little harder at Jade Williams (#13, 6'4 F, The Colony, TX).

Regardless, yesterday was a #LetsRide kinda day for the WBB program. Big additions to the 2017 team that should contend. If we are going to win a NC, it is in 2017. Next year is just laying the foundation - Final Four.

I really hope Chasity is the beginning of the Jamie Carey influence era. Girl knows the PG position, players should want to be coached by her. Same with any post/PF player and Tina Thompson.

Call it a hunch but I bet Chasity is #9

asshat perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007's Avatar
    I don't even remember Jatarie White. Did she redshirt then transfer?

edit: nvm she's transferring IN the program. got it
    Last edited by perfectchaos007; 06-07-2016 at 04:04 PM.

Something I just noticed. Nekia Jones is at Louisiana Lafayette now.

Wonder what happened at UNT?

https://prospectsnation.com/players/ranked/2017

Rellah Boothe checks in at #4
    Patterson #6
    Deauzya Richards #8 (Baylor)
    Jade Williams #10
    Chennedy Carter #13
    Ana Llanusa #16 (OU)
    Lexi Gordon #20 (UConn)
    Vivian Gray #57 (big drop)

Of the 2018 rankings, Texas is going to push hard for

#1 Charli Collier
    #3 Sedona Prince
    #39 Tatum Veitenheimer

Queen Egbo (not in the ProspectsNation list but #22 in the ESPN Hoopgurlz List)

#41 Shae Routt is committed already

We graduate (in 2018) Brooke, Ariel, Tasia, Audrey-Ann CG and Akigbogun. Akigbogun is a transfer candidate this summer, as is freshman Aborowa who could open up a ship (either leave this summer or next summer).

Appears we are still on Chennedy Carter's list. http://espn.go.com/espnw/sports/arti...tball-u18-team

Having Carter/Lashann in the same backcourt is boner jamz.

Diani Akibogun is done - medical scholly.

asshat perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007's Avatar
    What do you mean by done?

She is no longer playing. She will remain at UT to finish her education but her playing career is over.

http://texassports.com/news/2016/6/2...holarship.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    She is no longer playing. She will remain at UT to finish her education but her playing career is over.

http://texassports.com/news/2016/6/2...holarship.aspx
    Ah okay. I was thinking maybe she was granted a medical redshirt for sitting out last year but would continue. Sucks she was advised to quit via doctors but at least she'll get a free UT education

She continues her education, we have an extra scholly to use for '17

Best for both parties. Best of luck to her.

So the other Goudreau twin comes in from JuCo so I don't think she has to sit out a year. That means we could potentially have the 6'4" twins on the court at the same time. Aston definitely needs to do that at some point in a game that has been decided. Imagine being a 5'4" guard on the opposing team getting double teamed by those tall blonde twins. intimidating.
    Last edited by perfectchaos007; 07-11-2016 at 05:01 PM.

Both can and will play this year. Khaleann sat out because Texas only had 1 scholarship to offer for 15/16 and she needed a year to recover. Audrey-Ann went JUCO so she could transfer in and play without sitting and was rewarded with a scholly for 16/17.

Non-conference highlights: http://texassports.com/news/2016/7/1...-schedule.aspx

Nov. 13 @ Stanford
    Nov. 20 @ Miss St.
    Dec. 1 - South Carolina
    Dec. 4 - UConn (Uncasville, Conn)
    Dec. 11 - Tennessee
    Feb. 13 - @ Florida State

Holy $#@! $#@!.

Add in Baylor X2 in conference and we'll probably play a top 10 team at least 8 times this season. If OU breaks in the top 10, maybe more

Quote Originally Posted by perfectchaos007 View Post
    Add in Baylor X2 in conference and we'll probably play a top 10 team at least 8 times this season. If OU breaks in the top 10, maybe more
    Yep. From Way too Early Top 25:

3. South Carolina
    4. UConn
    5. Baylor
    10. Stanford
    11. Tennessee
    12. Mississippi State
    14. OU
    15. Florida State

10 games against top-15 opponents.

Also, super excited we play Houston Baptist, as Coach Finnie is a personal friend.

asshat Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8's Avatar
    Holy $#@! that is an incredible schedule.

At one point, in a 10 day stretch, we play 3 of the WBB powerhouses in a row

asshat LonghornSean Shaggy Bronze Club LonghornSean Shaggy Bronze Club LonghornSean Shaggy Bronze Club LonghornSean Shaggy Bronze Club LonghornSean Shaggy Bronze Club LonghornSean Shaggy Bronze Club LonghornSean Shaggy Bronze Club LonghornSean Shaggy Bronze Club LonghornSean Shaggy Bronze Club LonghornSean Shaggy Bronze Club LonghornSean Shaggy Bronze Club LonghornSean's Avatar
    Ladies were a bit excited to see Drake roll through.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIEBnH5jA8t
    Last edited by LonghornSean; 07-19-2016 at 08:52 PM.

asshat AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman's Avatar
    Non-conference highlights: http://texassports.com/news/2016/7/1...-schedule.aspx

Nov. 13 @ Stanford
    Nov. 20 @ Miss St.
    Dec. 1 - South Carolina
    Dec. 4 - UConn (Uncasville, Conn)
    Dec. 11 - Tennessee
    Feb. 13 - @ Florida State

Holy $#@! $#@!.
    That has to be the toughest ooc schedule in the country, right?

Quote Originally Posted by AbeFroman View Post
    That has to be the toughest ooc schedule in the country, right?
    Ranks up there with UConn.

@ FSU
    Baylor
    @ LSU
    Texas ("neutral")
    @ ND
    Ohio State
    @ Nebraska
    @ Maryland
    South Carolina

However, add in we play Baylor twice and OU twice, we have the tougher schedule.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...op-25-rankings

All 6 teams ranked in the top 15 in the early preseason top 25 rankings.

That non-conference schedule is brutal but our RPI is going to be very good.

The #1 player in the nation for the '17 recruiting class, Megan Walker, is down to 3 schools. Texas, ND and UCONN.

This would be a monster pull by Aston.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStrong12 View Post
    The #1 player in the nation for the '17 recruiting class, Megan Walker, is down to 3 schools. Texas, ND and UCONN.

This would be a monster pull by Aston.
    Joyner Holmes was a monster get.

This would be Kevin Durant-esque signing by Texas.

Walker will be in Austin for the ND-Texas game over Labor Day.

https://twitter.com/iball_crzy/statu...83101965381632

#1 player in the country, Megan Walker, visiting with Tina Thompson tonight.

Would die if Walker picked us

@Future150corbin
    #1 player in class of 2017 Wing Megan Walker (VA) has Committed to Uni of Texas. #HookEm

Seems to be some discrepancy on if she committed, but this would be huge.

She tweeted she didn't commit anywhere but that was then deleted.

She said she would take all her visits before committing. But maybe a silent until she takes her other visits?

She tweeted she didn't commit anywhere but that was then deleted.

She said she would take all her visits before committing. But maybe a silent until she takes her other visits?

Or she wants to have an announcement ceremony.

He took that tweet back and clarified she was on an OV

Full schedule released: http://www.texassports.com/news/2016...announced.aspx

Hardest stretches of the season:

12/1-12/11: SC, UConn (neutral), Tenn.
    2/13-2/20: @ FSU, @ OU, Baylor

asshat 4th_and_18 Shaggy Silver Club 4th_and_18 Shaggy Silver Club 4th_and_18 Shaggy Silver Club 4th_and_18 Shaggy Silver Club 4th_and_18 Shaggy Silver Club 4th_and_18 Shaggy Silver Club 4th_and_18 Shaggy Silver Club 4th_and_18 Shaggy Silver Club 4th_and_18 Shaggy Silver Club 4th_and_18 Shaggy Silver Club 4th_and_18 Shaggy Silver Club

Kennedy Brown
    visited TCU on Saturday and Texas Sunday

6'5" sophomore. wow whats in that Kansas water?
    If we want size I hope we go after Junior Sedona Prince. She's a 6'7" girl out of Liberty Hill TX and Texas is on her list.

I Know we really want Sedona.

Did Megan Walker not make it for ND weekend? :(

Nope, she's here this weekend. Apparently the OV weekend was moved to this weekend, hence Walker's absence. We had a ton of 18/19 players on UVs.

http://www.richmond.com/sports/high-...6ec7c161d.html

RTD: What do you like about Texas coach Karen Aston’s coaching style, and how do you think that will benefit you as a player?

MW: What I like about Coach Karen's program is the uptempo style of play. I like to get up and down the court and score the ball. So in her program I feel like I could excel tremendously well

RTD: What is one thing Texas coach Karen Aston said that really stuck out to you during your visit?

MW: I'd have an opportunity there at Texas to do something that no other team has done by strengthening the program to win a national championship and leave my own legacy.

RTD: Did you get to meet any of the players currently on the team, if so who did you meet and what did you think about the players you met?

MW: On my visit I got a chance to meet all of the players. The players I spent the most time with and bonded with were Ariel Atkins, Brooke McCarthy and Brianna Taylor. Honestly I fit right in as if I was on the team already, they were so nice and welcoming throughout the weekend.
    Breakfast tacos, we win.

RTD: Colleges are known to sometimes not have the best food, what did you think of the food?

MW: They food was great, for the first time ever I had a breakfast taco. Let's just say now that might be one of my favorite things to eat in the mornings.

Added TV games:

12/11 Tennessee @ Texas; 3:30 FS1
    1/1 Texas @ Iowa State; Noon FSN
    1/17 OU @ Texas; 6pm FS1
    1/29 WVU @ Texas; 3pm FS1 *moved from the 28th to 29th
    2/6 Texas @ Baylor; 7pm FS1
    2/18 Texas @ OU; 1pm FSN

Makes 11 games on national TV, an additional 11 home games on LHN, the game at KU on ESPN3 and I bet the SEC Network picks up @ Miss St.

Texas should appear on TV 24 of 29 games.

asshat Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain's Avatar
    Breakfast tacos, we win.
    Hopefully we can update the classic "coffee is for closers." Maybe chorizo is for closers?

Yesterday at Point Texas prior to the match, Aston was a guest speaker to drum up more attendance at WBB. While not naming names, I'm guessing the Wicked Witch on the Brazos is using our attendance numbers to negatively recruit...you know since we aren't up in here raping e'rybody like in Waco she has to find something. Aston said in almost all her in-home visits for the top recruits the same question kept coming up "What's your average attendance?"

She's not wrong. They nearly double our average (3700 vs. 6283).

SC averages 14k
    UConn 8920
    Tenn 10412
    ND 8437

She's not wrong. They nearly double our average (3700 vs. 6283).

SC averages 14k
    UConn 8920
    Tenn 10412
    ND 8437
    And against non-conference mid majors we probably barely eclipse 1000 fans. It's too bad that we can't play those midmajors in Gregory because I think more people would attend AND the atmosphere would be much better. I'm sure we're locked into a big contract with the FEC that won't allow that possibility though
    Last edited by perfectchaos007; 09-19-2016 at 02:05 PM.

In addition to one of the three finalists for Megan Walker, Texas is also among the Final Four it seems for #3 overall Rellah Boothe.
    http://www.espn.com/high-school/girl...er/_/id/189249

Can you imagine our 2017 class being #1 Megan Walker (W), #3 Rellah Boothe (F) and #4 Chastity Patterson (PG).

Holy $#@!, I think I just died a little.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast