+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016-2017 WBB: Journey to Dallas

http://texassports.com/news/2016/11/...asketball.aspx

Patterson is officially a Longhorn. #4 recruit in the country per ESPN.

Outstanding!

Doesn't Megan Walker announce tomorrow? Any word on whether UCONN, ND or Texas is leading?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Outstanding!

Doesn't Megan Walker announce tomorrow? Any word on whether UCONN, ND or Texas is leading?
    I'm not sure anyone knows. It could be any of the 3 it seems like.

asshat js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes
    Walker tomorrow.

Rellah Boothe Friday.

Walker chooses later on today. Some say irish are out and it's between Texas and UConn. I actually thought the irish might win out. Who knows. Would be huge if Texas can pull this one out at the end of the day.

asshat js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes
    If ND is out....

I always thought it was ND, Texas, UConn in that order.

From the ND insider.

http://www.ndinsider.com/basketball/...d6112e6a5.html

If the link is blocked...here is the article.

=============================

Notre Dame women's basketball signs two post players

SOUTH BEND – When Coach Muffet McGraw sees her Notre Dame women’s basketball team take the floor this season, she considers it to be the most talented squad she has ever coached.

That talent-rich unit will get even stronger a year from now, following today’s receipt of letters of intent to attend Notre Dame from recruits Danielle Patterson of Queens, N.Y., and Mikayla Vaughn of Fairfax, Va.

Patterson is a 6-foot-2 forward who plays at The Mary Louis Academy in Brooklyn, N.Y., and Vaughn is a 6-foot-3 post player who plays for Paul VI Catholic High School in Fairfax.

“I am very excited that we addressed our needs for athletic post players,” said McGraw. “Both are great students and high-character people. They can help us rebound and press and will be good in our up-tempo style.”

Patterson is ranked 30th in the ESPN top 100. A five-star recruit, Patterson is the No. 5-ranked forward according to espnW/HoopGurlz reporter Dan Olson. Vaughn, who operated somewhat quietly under the recruiting radar for a while, finished strong and has made great strides in her high school career.

Bret McCormick of the All-Star Girls Report thinks both could be pro basketball players when they leave Notre Dame. “I am a bigger fan than most people of Patterson,” he said. “Every time I see her she has improved. Mikayla (Vaughn) has a good motor,” he added. “I have seen her talent grow each year. They are both good low post selections.”

McGraw will have plenty of size on her roster next season with the addition of Patterson and Vaughn. Brianna Turner, at 6-3, will return, and Kristina Nelson, a 6-4 senior academically, still could have another year of eligibility after missing her sophomore season with shoulder surgery.

“Both really have high motors,” said McGraw. “When you watch them play they just never stop. Both of their coaches have been impressed with their work ethic. Their team respects them. You can tell they have leadership talents.”

Patterson averaged 22 points and 10 rebounds as a junior. Vaughn posted strong numbers as well, averaging 15 points, 10 rebounds and two blocked shots a game.

When both arrive next fall for the 2017-18 season, McGraw is happy they can learn from Bri (Brianna Turner) and Kat (Kathryn Westbeld), both starters who are expected back next year. “They can come in without the pressure of ‘I have to carry this team,’” McGraw said. It is really nice for them to come in as freshmen and help us but not feel that pressure.”

Both are talented shot blockers. McGraw compared them to Devereaux Peters (2011) or even Erica Haney (2002), both of whom played in the WNBA.

“Danielle has great versatility to play on the perimeter and also score on the block,” said McGraw. “She can defend on the perimeter, score off the dribble and will fit in very well with our transition offense. She sees plenty to like in Vaughn, also.

“Mikayla has a tremendous upside,” she said. “She can run the floor, score around the basket and face up. She can rebound, block shots and will help us defensively by being a presence inside.”

Megan Walker and Evina Westbrook, the No. 1 and No. 2 players in ESPN’s ranking of the 2017 class, have yet to announce their college decisions. Both have ceremonies scheduled for Thursday, but they appear unlikely to end up at Notre Dame despite listing the Irish as one of their finalists.

Lindsay Allen and Diamond Thompson are the only two seniors expected to leave at the end of the season, but McGraw expects she will add four or five players in the 2018 recruiting class.

One of those, Katylyn Gilbert, a 5-foot-10 junior from Heritage Christian High School near Indianapolis, already has verbally committed to Notre Dame after she completes her high school career. McGraw, according to NCAA rules, cannot comment on her until her official signing date a year from now.

Because of injuries and the like the Irish women have only had nine healthy players for much of fall camp. But sophomore Ali Patberg is getting stronger and played in the Irish exhibition opener last week. And junior Mychal Johnson has been practicing, recovering from a wrist injury and is expected to play in Friday's preseason WNIT opening game at 7 p.m. at Purcell Pavilion against Central Michigan. Johnson was unable to play in the exhibition game against Roberts Wesleyan.

I always thought it was ND, Uconn/Texas. Maybe they are just blowing smoke but that is what they were printing. I have no idea.

We have 1 player committed for 2017 and AAS says Texas expects to sign a total of 2 or 3. If ND is out, UConn has 3 already...

Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 19s20 seconds ago
    Update on Rellah Boothe (FL-2017): She'll be announcing her choice tomorrow morning, 11 ET; hearing it'll be either Ohio State or Texas.

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStrong12 View Post
    Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 19s20 seconds ago
    Update on Rellah Boothe (FL-2017): She'll be announcing her choice tomorrow morning, 11 ET; hearing it'll be either Ohio State or Texas.

Wow
    Woah...

Can u imagine? Three of the top 4. Just the thought of it.

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girl...s/_/class/2017

Hopefully Megan Walker picks Texas.

And it's UConn.

Damn. But it's pretty cool to be in the #1 recruit's top 3.

Come on Rellah!

Not really surprising. Still big that we are in on these type recruits now.

Yea definitely. I think she loved it here but was just too far.

Wow I did not know ND missed out on Walker and Evina Westbrook (Tennessee) yesterday.

asshat perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007's Avatar
    Did Rellah Boothe announce her pick?

Texas!~!!!

@ESPN_WomenHoop
    Rellah Boothe, the No. 3 recruiting prospect, has announced she will be playing for @TexasWBB. http://es.pn/2eKg6ck

BOOOM

Takes the sting out of Walker. Wow.

asshat perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007's Avatar
    Wow, that's awesome!

Yea definitely. I think she loved it here but was just too far.
    We were too unknown. Not there yet.

In the end it came down to UConn and Texas, and oddly enough it seemed like what intrigued her the most about Texas was how different it was from UConn.

At Texas, Walker had the potential to create her own legacy, yet there were still too many unknowns and sometimes the unknown can be terrifying, she said.

“I’ve never been in a situation where I have not been successful,” Walker said.​
    She knows 100% she will be in the FF/NC game at UConn. Geno is a known quality. Karen is only in year 5 at Texas.

Aston is an elite recruiter. This is impressive.

Aston is an elite recruiter. This is impressive.
    2014: #3 and #29
    2015: #7 and #16 and #71
    2016: #2 and #6
    2017: #3 and #4
    2018: #9

Not to mention Deja Kelly (2020) and transferred in 2014 #7

@arthsusie
    "I guarantee you that before I graduate, I will win championships with an 's.' " -- Rellah Boothe on Texas

I know we already got a PG in the class but screw it, lets get Chennedy Carter next

@arthsusie
    "I guarantee you that before I graduate, I will win championships with an 's.' " -- Rellah Boothe on Texas
    I like her already!

Quote Originally Posted by perfectchaos007 View Post
    I know we already got a PG in the class but screw it, lets get Chennedy Carter next
    Save the 'ship. Maybe you get a transfer like White or CG twins.

2018 has NaLyssa Smith, Charli Collier, Zarielle Green, Queen Egbo (all in-state) and some out of state studs like Christyn Williams.

Ohio State has now missed out on every recruit they have gone after for the 2017 class. They currently have zero commits for 2017, which is surprising for a top 10 ranked program

@arthsusie
    I love this. Much better than that quote from walker that js posted. Big difference. Boothe knows she is gonna win. Walker is scared she won't win. (Well, That's what I got out of that comment lol. It surprised me she said that) Not trying to talk anyone down but there is a huge difference in that attitude.

I love this. Much better than that quote from walker that js posted. Big difference. Boothe knows she is gonna win. Walker is scared she won't win. (Well, That's what I got out of that comment lol. It surprised me she said that) Not trying to talk anyone down but there is a huge difference in that attitude.
    I go the same vibe from Walker's comments. The risk of not winning a championship outweighed the benefit of setting a real legacy as the player who brings Texas a championship.

She'd rather go with what's already winning 'ships than be the player who brings Texas back to championship glory. I don't fault her, but it's like a QB going to Alabama over Clemson bc you'd rather have a +50% chance of winning the whole thing than a lesser chance of being the guy who has the biggest impact to winning one.

bunghole ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    We were too unknown. Not there yet.

She knows 100% she will be in the FF/NC game at UConn. Geno is a known quality. Karen is only in year 5 at Texas.
    Exactly you nailed it

Chenney Carter commits to aggy.

I think we just hold onto the ship for a transfer or a bigger '18 class.

Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    Chenney Carter commits to aggy.

I think we just hold onto the ship for a transfer or a bigger '18 class.
    Sounds good to me. Sedona Prince can maybe help in our recruiting efforts for that class

Quote Originally Posted by perfectchaos007 View Post
    Sounds good to me. Sedona Prince can maybe help in our recruiting efforts for that class
    Need to go hard after NaLyssa Smith, Charli Collier, Zarielle Green (all TX players) and Christyn Williams (Arkansas player).

10th in the new coaches poll.

UConn 2 (-1)
    SC 3
    Baylor 4
    Stanford 7 (up 3)
    Miss St 9 (up 2)
    Tenn 13 (up 1)
    OU 17 (up 1)
    WV 25

Ok State RV

So it's 22-14 in the 1st (1:53 left). It was 19-3 at one point. Then outscored 11-3.

HBU is hitting 50% of shots, 60% of threes. I see defense is not going to be part of this team's strengths yet.

28-17 at the half.

Texas: 59% shooting, 60% threes, 5-10 FT (wow this is Rick Barnes-esque); 2 turnovers (both Sutton)
    HBU: 54.5% shooting, 67% threes; 8 turnovers

Their bench has 17 points already.

Just like that, 9 point run and up 20 with 8:07 left.

Yes, that's what top 10 teams do. 29-4 2nd quarter.

Texas leads 57-21.

HBU now shooting around 31% and 36% from three. Texas at 53/56. I don't think we committed a foul in the 2nd Q. Winning the rebounding 24-13. only 4 turnovers to 10 assists (HBU 16:7). 27 points off turnovers, 22 points in the paint.

Brooke with 13, AA and Joyner 9, Audrey-Ann 8, Jada 6.

Texas wins 98-46

Shot 46% overall, 57% from three
    Won the rebound battle 55-26 (24 offensive boards)
    10 blocks, 11 turnovers only, 36 points off turnovers

Joyner 22
    Brooke 16 (4-5 from 3)
    Briana 10
    Jada 11

Glad we were able to give the kids in attendance a good showing

asshat DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K's Avatar
    Now the competition ramps back up above basically the high school team we played today. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDog2K View Post
    Now the competition ramps back up above basically the high school team we played today. LOL.
    I helped the HBU HC get her green card, she's a nice woman. But yes, it was basically a high school team.

We fell to #14 in the AP, and we're the only 2 loss team still ranked. Baylor and now Oklahoma are ranked above us from the Big 12

Our schedule is bull$#@!. We are either way outmatched by our opponent or we completely outmatch our opponent. Nothing in between.

We blew NWst out

fucktard ajoetxwbb is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?

Watch party

TEXAS vs. UCONN
    @ 3 p.m.

Sunday, Dec. 4, 2016

Buffalo Wild Wings
    13000 N. IH-35
    Austin, TX

Join us at Buffalo Wild Wings as we cheer on the Longhorns against the Huskies.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast