+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016-2017 WBB: Journey to Dallas

asshat perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007's Avatar
    Travis Mays' SMU team beat aggy today. We trained him well

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...l/bracketology

Creme's bracketology doesn't even have us making the tournament. Tennessee who we beat yesterday is in the last Four Out and we didn't even make that. We will end non-conference at 6-4 unless 5 more players go down to injury. It's a very bizarre prediction as he's basically predicting we'll go 7-11 in Big 12 play. That would give us a losing record and keep us out. I was down on us and I still thought the floor would be a 9-9 conference record.

asshat js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes
    That is a joke. And wrong. This team should easily go 13-5 or something. The team is getting better as the season has progressed. Just how we've played from Stanford -> Miss St. -> SC -> UConn was like night and day differences.

Hell, I think we might finally get a Baylor win this season. By then, we should be rolling if everyone stays healthy. Shug and Holmes are only getting better and Jada has been a spark plug.

Quote Originally Posted by tempesthorn View Post

Creme's bracketology doesn't even have us making the tournament. Tennessee who we beat yesterday is in the last Four Out and we didn't even make that. We will end non-conference at 6-4 unless 5 more players go down to injury. It's a very bizarre prediction as he's basically predicting we'll go 7-11 in Big 12 play. That would give us a losing record and keep us out. I was down on us and I still thought the floor would be a 9-9 conference record.
    Texas is likely to have the #1 SOS in the country with a very good RPI. Texas can be close to .500 and they still have a decent shot to make the tournament. Creme is wrong.
    Last edited by TexasStrong12; 12-12-2016 at 06:11 PM.

bunghole WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    That is a joke. And wrong. This team should easily go 13-5 or something. The team is getting better as the season has progressed. Just how we've played from Stanford -> Miss St. -> SC -> UConn was like night and day differences.

Hell, I think we might finally get a Baylor win this season. By then, we should be rolling if everyone stays healthy. Shug and Holmes are only getting better and Jada has been a spark plug.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasStrong12 View Post
    Texas is likely to have the #1 SOS in the country with a very good RPI. Texas can be close to .500 and they still have a decent shot to make the tournament. Creme is wrong.
    Yeah that has to be an error. Unless something really bizarre hits this team, no way they miss the tournament. The team I've been watching has improved from the first game and has a chance to be really good by the end of the season.

asshat js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes
    CSM Bracketology:

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...l/bracketology

5 seed with a shot at SC again in the Sweet 16. I'd take that. We should have beaten them once already.

bunghole WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88 slams and goes hard. WJC88's Avatar

He explains why UT is out at this time- you can't get an at-large bid with an under .500 record. His bracket is a snapshot of right now, therefore UT is not eligible for the tourney. He expects them to be in his first bracket of 2017.

Next 7 games:
    UT RGV 5-5
    UTSA 3-5
    New Orleans 4-4
    Texas Tech 6-3, don't have any good wins
    ISU 7-2, don't have any good win. They did play Miss State close.
    Kansas 4-5
    TCU 6-3, don't have any good wins.

Only tough game in these next 7 is probably ISU on the road. At worst, we should finish 6-1 during this stretch.
    Last edited by TexasStrong12; 12-14-2016 at 11:31 PM.

@ Iowa St.
    @ Kansas

Road games in the Big 12 are still hard.

6-1 or 7-0 is doable if Atkins is back for all 4 of those Big 12 games.

I would throw OK State in there and say we go 7-1 or 8-0 (which puts us at 10-5 or 11-4) before going to Morgantown.

Jesus Christ, Baylor just beat Winthrop 140-32. Largest margin of victory in NCAA History.

@ Iowa St.
    @ Kansas

Road games in the Big 12 are still hard.

6-1 or 7-0 is doable if Atkins is back for all 4 of those Big 12 games.

I would throw OK State in there and say we go 7-1 or 8-0 (which puts us at 10-5 or 11-4) before going to Morgantown.
    Kansas is terrible. They've lost to SMU, Missouri State, and Harvard at home.

asshat perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007's Avatar
    Jesus Christ, Baylor just beat Winthrop 140-32. Largest margin of victory in NCAA History.
    lol wow. Well, Winthrop hasn't won a DI game all year, but still 108 points!? #10 FSU "only" beat Winthrop by 63 this season.

Kansas is terrible. They've lost to SMU, Missouri State, and Harvard at home.
    Just saying. I am not going to take a single conference road game for granted. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectchaos007 View Post
    lol wow. Well, Winthrop hasn't won a DI game all year, but still 108 points!? #10 FSU "only" beat Winthrop by 63 this season.
    Just saw Winthrop scored 6-12-14-0.

0 in the 4th quarter. Against Baylor's bench. Wow.

Atkins second straight game out with the concussion. Worried about that

Lang has missed 2 straight wide open layups.

29-17 Texas over UT RGV after 1. Missed about 5 layups or this would be much worse.

Lang has missed literally like 4 or 5 layups in the 1st half.

Is this the first time the other Goudreau sister has played this year?

Is this the first time the other Goudreau sister has played this year?
    No she's played before

The lineup on the court right now is one I want to see more of. Hosey and Holmes are the two "bigs".

At some point, you would think we would hedge the 3.

Aston is playing everyone tonight.

Texas up 14 at the half on UTRGV. Aston played the bench most of the 2nd quarter.

UTRGV just heaving threes

Aston is right about needing better perimeter defense. If all they are going to do is jack 3s hedge the 3 point line.

Texas up 21 in the 3rd.

27 out of UTRGV's 35 points are on 3 pointers. 2 points at the FT line. I've never seen anything like this. They aren't even attempting to do anything on offense except jack 3s. UTRGV has 22 3 point attempts and we only have 3.

Underwood needs to get more minutes. Plays with a calmness that we really need at times.

UTRGV has attempted 31 3 pointers with a minute to play.

It's obvious Joyner Holmes is the most athletic player on the court at almost any given time, but her shot making is a lot more raw than I thought it would be when we recruited her. Once she develops a consistent mid-range jumper, she'll be unstoppable.

Lang 11-11 tonight. School record

The crowds being drawn at the FEC are absolutely pathetic for the last 3 games. I was attributing UTRGV and UTSA to the conflicts with volleyball and being on a holiday weekend. Last night with kids being out of school, I expected a decent crowd. It was sad. I think Gail's teams drew more people and that was an absolute $#@! show to watch. I sure hope they can manage some sort of crowd for next week's Big 12 opener against Tech.

asshat DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K's Avatar
    The crowds being drawn at the FEC are absolutely pathetic for the last 3 YEARS.
    FIFY. Coach G destroyed the fan base with her venomous comments. They haven't returned.

Gail bled off a huge chunk of the fan base for sure. But under Aston the bleeding stopped and attendance while not growing for most games was sort of stable. The announced crowd of 2500 last night is a joke... I don't think there was even half of that. The crowd last night was a new low.

The sad thing is Aston and her staff are doing a lot of work to try and get people to show up for these games.

We need to move some of these games to Gregory.

The sad thing is Aston and her staff are doing a lot of work to try and get people to show up for these games.

We need to move some of these games to Gregory.
    I think myself and some other posters proposed doing that but the womens basketball contract with the FEC would block that idea

I liked reading in the paper that Aston was telling the team that Lang should touch the ball everytime and should have had 40 points against New Orleans. There were many times last year where I thought Imani should have dominated smaller teams and we were too busy shooting jump shots. When you have a size advantage like that you have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectchaos007 View Post
    I think myself and some other posters proposed doing that but the womens basketball contract with the FEC would block that idea
    Also Plonsky said no way, no how. Only for exhibitions.

3-star wing Lolo Davenport commits to Texas - 2018

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...9/seasontype/2

Up to #15 and West Virginia drops below us.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...9/seasontype/2

Up to #15 and West Virginia drops below us.
    5 Big 12 teams ranked. 1 more receiving votes. We're in a tough conference

Yup so take the road wins wherever you can get them and hold serve at home

Bracketology: http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...l/bracketology

Texas appears as a 6-seed with their now-winning record. As we knew they would. 6 Big 12 teams in, Tech is one of the first 4 out.

For some dumb reason, I thought Brooke was a senior. Dare I say, whatever we do this year, next year will be better with White instead of Lang, a whole offseason and a year of experience for Joyner and Boothe? We will miss Bri and Kelsey, but I think we will be better in the middle.

Our best shot for the FF is with Brooke and Ariel as seniors

I forgot about White sitting on the bench waiting for her turn. I never saw her play at S. Carolina. Is she all that? If she is a good post then her at the 5 and Holmes at the 4 should take us to another level.

My thoughts on this year's team is we'll do well to make the Sweet 16. Making the regional final will be overachieving for this team and if they somehow manage to do it, I'd just like to see it be against someone besides UConn.

She was the top post in her class. She got to USC and unfortunately Alaina Coates wasn't giving up the C position and Aja Wilson sucked up any time for her to play F instead. She barely got to play at USC due to depth chart, injuries and illness.

Watching OU@WVU. For having a 6'9 player, OU has a $#@!ty inside game. WVU can shoot the three and that can be our downfall. Both will be tough games, but we've got the size and experience inside with Kelsey to be okay. 2-2 against those 2 teams is likely. 3-1 would go a long way to solidifying 2nd in the conference.

If we would stay focused the entire 40 minutes on guarding the 3 point line the way we did against TCU Saturday night, we can be the #2 team in our conference.

If we would stay focused the entire 40 minutes on guarding the 3 point line the way we did against TCU Saturday night, we can be the #2 team in our conference.
    One good thing is our team shouldn't be afraid of Morgantown - we went and won there last year. I'm more worried about Waco and Norman than I am Morgantown and Stillwater. We already got a win in Ames, which is huge.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...l/bracketology

I would take this every day and twice on Sunday. Actually, ask me about this after we play FSU next month. But we are away from UConn.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast