+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016-2017 WBB: Journey to Dallas

Certified Uncle Tom Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro's Avatar

2016-2017 WBB: Journey to Dallas

Next season starts with Travis Mays taking the SMU job

Certified Uncle Tom Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro has a gigantic e-peen. Pancho Negro's Avatar
    Not UT, but Tyler Summitt resigns from Louisiana Tech for and "inappropriate relationship."

asshat js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes
    First off, go Travis Mays! Congrats to him. Excited to see who will come in - they have a treasure trove of guards to work with.

Secondly, wow. But also - a 23 year old coaching 18-22 year olds. Recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho Negro View Post
    Not UT, but Tyler Summitt resigns from Louisiana Tech for and "inappropriate relationship."
    Got a player pregnant?

Wow!

asshat js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes

2016-2017 WBB: Journey to Dallas

Possible replacement for Mays I've seen:

Trisha Odom Stafford (Imani's aunt)
    Jamie Carey
    Tai Dillard
    Edwina Brown (also hurts TCU)

My top choice is Edwina. Bring her home, Karen. TCU has had excellent guard play under her tutelage. And she's an excellent recruiter.
    Last edited by js; 04-07-2016 at 10:24 PM.

asshat Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain's Avatar
    Edwina Brown would be awesome. Assuming she has the chops.

Edit: just went down a small interwebz rabbit hole and discovered that Jamie Carey is an assistant director for USA Basketball (!!!) and Tiffany Jackson is STILL playing in the WNBA. Dayum. Good on both of them.
    Last edited by Legacy of Kain; 04-09-2016 at 09:32 PM.

Sara Hattis is graduating and will transfer.

No surprise. She's going to get lost in the shuffle with Audrey-Ann, Khaleann, Joyner and Lang all working inside. She's not skilled enough around the basket for a top-10 D-1 team. She's better off doing what Lily Vanderzee did and transfer to a much smaller school.

I assume this also opens up a scholly for a potential transfer...

Edit:

Legacy, Edwina absolutely has the chops. Have you seen TCU's guards shred us the last 2 years? She also reeled in a 5-star PG in Amber Ramirez. To TCU of all places. She can recruit and coach.
    Last edited by js; 04-11-2016 at 02:14 PM.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was agreed upon with Hattis from the get go. No reason we would have her on scholarship this year.

Aston's press conference from yesterday:

We know Sara is leaving. We know the Assistant Coach hire will be accelerated, based on the Hookem.com article stating maybe 2-3 weeks.

Regarding the twins - Audrey-Ann is the more physical post player, Khaleann is the stretch 4. With those 2 and Joyner, the offense is going to look so different.

Compared Alecia Sutton to TJ Ford - prefers to have 2 years between PGs. Lashann will run point some next year too (I assume to start until Alecia is 100% healthy and can run the offense).

Sorry to add but I was thinking about it earlier:

Karen really talked about the most important thing with Travis Mays was that he was a Longhorn. Which really makes me think its Edwina Brown or Jamie Carey. Former players and current coaches who coach guards.

Appears Texas could be in the mix for 2 transfers:

6'2 F Stasha Carey from Pitt (9.7 PPG and 6.8 RPG)
    6'3 P Chatrice White from Illinois (18.4 PPG and 9.3 RPG) - she is considering 2-3 ACC schools, a Pac 12 and a Big 12 school - all S16 or better teams.

Holmes co-MVP of the Brand Classic. 16 points and 12 boards

bunghole ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn's Avatar
    I liked her comments. If we land either of these it gives us solid coaching. Travis is hard to replace..cudos to him.

asshat perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007's Avatar
    Any discussion of more rule changes for 2016-2017? I hear the WNBA is seriously considering lowering the rims to 9 feet. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens that the NCAA will follow suit eventually.
    http://espn.go.com/espnw/culture/the...im-height-want

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...op-25-rankings

Too early top 25

Notre Dame
    Louisville
    South Carolina
    Uconn
    Baylor
    Texas

Stanford 10
    Tenn 11
    Miss St 12
    OU 14

No Aggy, WVU was on the cusp

asshat perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007's Avatar
    I don't care how much talent UConn graduated. They have won 4 straight titles, I would keep them #1 until someone knocks them off their perch.

Looks like Aston is looking at a couple transfers to fill the roster.

She recently started following Kennedy Leonard. FR PG that played at Colorado. Kennedy hasn't announced she's transferring but she's started following several college coaches. So I'm going to guess a transfer is coming. She averaged 12.1 points a game as a FR. Played HS basketball at Southlake Carroll.

As mentioned above Aston also started following Chatrice White. Illinois transfer.
    Last edited by TexasStrong12; 04-23-2016 at 06:58 PM.

Atkins-JR
    McCarty-JR
    Akigbogun-JR
    Hosey-SO
    Higgs-SO
    Goudreau sisters-SO
    Aborowa-SO
    Holmes-FR
    Sutton-FR
    Underdwood-FR
    Lang-SR
    Taylor-SR

That's 13 scholarship players if I'm seeing this correctly. I'm thinking either Aborowa or Akigbogun are transferring. I'll be surprised if both of those players are on the roster by next year.

Also, we aren't going to have many scholarships available for the '17 recruiting class. Probably only 2 or 3. Might be best to just grab a transfer that is experienced, because the roster in 2 years will be our best chance of winning it all.
    Last edited by TexasStrong12; 04-23-2016 at 07:15 PM.

Mays is putting together a great staff. Edwina Brown and former Texas special assistant Amie Smith Bradley

http://www.texassports.com/news/2016...ant-coach.aspx

Jamie Carey, Former Longhorn, WNBA player and Team USA staffer is named Longhorns assistant coach.

Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 6s6 seconds ago
    WBB: Source tells me South Carolina transfer Jatarie White (6-4 rising JR F) has narrowed her list to NC State, Texas, and Virginia Tech.

@KyleNeddenriep
    Roncalli's Lindsey Corsaro has cut her list to Baylor, Indiana, Michigan, Tennessee, Texas, UCLA and Washington. Former Kentucky recruit.

Interesting. Would be part of the '16 class. We have 13 scholarship players, so like I said someone has to be on the way out.

I'm going with Aborowa or Akigbogun. It actually wouldn't surprise me if both are gone.
    Last edited by TexasStrong12; 05-08-2016 at 08:28 AM.

Carsaro is the bigger need than White. Between Lang, the twins, Holmes, we have size in the middle. Corsaro is a shooter. Would be nice to have another consistent 3 ball shooter besides Brooke and Ariel

I think Aston knows '17 is a great chance for Texas to be very good (even national title good).

IMO she's looking for a transfer like White that has some college experience, who is ready to contribute in '17 rather than someone in this next recruiting class.

I agree though that Carsaro is the bigger need.

It says something top transfers and recruits outside of Texas are looking at us/interested

Chatrice White choses Florida State. So that open scholly will go to Jatarie White or Corsaro (I guess whoever decides first?) if we use it at all.

Jamie Carey on line 1...Corsaro sounds exactly like the perfect guard to be coached by Carey

http://espn.go.com/espnw/sports/arti...cla-washington

But Corsaro, a 6-foot-1 senior combo guard and a McDonald's All American for Roncalli (Indianapolis, Indiana), went to practice anyway and asked coach Stan Benge to give her something to do.

Benge obliged, asking his sophomore star to watch game tape of Roncalli's next opponent, which happened to be reigning state champion Mater Dei (Evansville, Indiana).

Corsaro did more than watch -- for about 90 minutes, she sat in Benge's office and broke down the tendencies of each Mater Dei player, whether they were right-handed or left-handed and what type of offensive sets and defensive packages the team used.

"Since we were playing Mater Dei, I felt I had to be in the gym," Corsaro said. "I had never broken film down for [Benge], but I had done it on my own, at home."

When she was finished, Corsaro left her expansive hand-written notes on Benge's desk.

"She broke down the tape better than any coach I've ever had," Benge said. "We ended up beating Mater Dei by double figures."

asshat bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club
    a lot of posts mention having 13 players on scholly, isn't the limit 15 for women?

That is correct.

Texas has 15 on scholarship right now.

4 are graduating and 1 is transferring. Leaving 10.

We have an incoming class of 4, leaving 1 spot open. We expect 1 or 2 more transfers.
    Last edited by js; 05-17-2016 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bularry View Post
    a lot of posts mention having 13 players on scholly, isn't the limit 15 for women?
    I honestly didn't know this. I thought the scholarship count was 13. That makes a lot more sense now.

I would still expect a transfer or two from the current roster.

Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    That is correct.

Texas has 15 on scholarship right now.

4 are graduating and 1 is transferring. Leaving 10.

We have an incoming class of 4, leaving 1 spot open. We expect 1 or 2 more transfers.
    Where are you seeing 14 scholarship players? I'm only seeing 13. Look at the players I listed above.....

You forgot Tasia Foman.

You forgot Tasia Foman.
    Yep, you are correct. So we do have 14 players currently on scholarship.

It makes more sense now that the scholarship count is 15. I still think we lose a player or two off the current roster.
    Last edited by TexasStrong12; 05-17-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Speaking of Foman, it wouldn't surprise me if she eventually transfers.

She's a good enough player to get minutes at a smaller school but not sure she's gonna get many minutes at Texas.

I think Tasia is happy here. She was often first off the bench running point when Brooke/Celina needed a break or were in foul trouble.

http://www.texassports.com/news/2016...v-classic.aspx

December 4, 3pm on ESPN - Texas vs. UConn at Mohegan Sun Arena. UConn has won its last 5 games in the Jimmy V Classic. Texas has only appeared once, in 2003

Hattis to Arizona State. Honestly didn't think she would end up at a school of that caliber. Granted, not sure what ASU has roster wise.

She's a year of post depth for a team who only has 6'3 and 6'4 on their roster - 2 total

Corsaro eliminated us. Down to Indiana, Michigan or UCLA

Jatarie White is visiting this weekend......

asshat Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain's Avatar
    She is transferring to Texas according to the twitterz. Sits out a year I assume?

Yes, has to sit a year. She hasn't taken a RS, might as well use it and have 2 to play with Texas. Perfect timing with Lang graduating after the 2016-2017 season.

A reminder, she was the #7 recruit in 2014 and the top post recruit in the country.

From the Game$#@! website:

•Played two seasons before choosing to transfer after sophomore season
    •Two seasons were marred by injury and illness, limiting practice and playing time
    •Showed flashes of aggressive play on the boards and had good footwork on offense
    An entire year to sit, recover and learn is good for her and good for us. I remember after Imani's sophomore year, there were a lot of concerns with her foot. She recovered and had a monster junior and senior year. Not hard to imagine the same S&C/medical staff can do wonders for Jatarie, with an entire year of recovery.
    Last edited by js; 06-06-2016 at 09:37 AM.

Corsaro chose UCLA. Salty ass backcourt the Bruins have. Going to have to watch much more of Cori Close stuffed into her dress like a sausage for many more postseason runs.

Jatarie White is transferring to Texas. Texas is going to be absolutely loaded in 2 years. If healthy, this is an absolute steal.

IMO Aston is loading up for 2 years from now. She knows that squad will have a legit shot at a national title. A big with some experience vs a young big in the '17 class could be significant.
    Last edited by TexasStrong12; 06-06-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Chasity Patterson to Texas!!!!!

#4 recruit in the '17 class.

Go Karen, huge get!

In 2 years Texas women's basketball could have #3, #29, #7, #6, and #4 ranked recruits in just the back court from their given class. Damn.

#stacked

2017 front court will have at least #2 Holmes, #4 White sand #26 Hosey plus the twins.

That's a lot of $#@!ing talent. We could field a top 10 lineup at times

#stacked

2017 front court will have at least #2 Holmes, #4 White sand #26 Hosey plus the twins.

That's a lot of $#@!ing talent. We could field a top 10 lineup at times
    7 5 stars in 2 years. Could be more dependent on who else we land in the '17 class.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast