+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool 2016-2017: aKloppalypse Now

asshat pied Shaggy Bronze Club pied Shaggy Bronze Club pied Shaggy Bronze Club pied Shaggy Bronze Club pied Shaggy Bronze Club pied Shaggy Bronze Club pied Shaggy Bronze Club pied Shaggy Bronze Club pied Shaggy Bronze Club pied Shaggy Bronze Club pied Shaggy Bronze Club
    This is a nice/terrible stretch of games.

October
    22 – West Bromwich Albion (H)
    29 – Crystal Palace (A)

November
    5 – Watford (H)
    19 – Southampton (A)
    26 – Sunderland (H)

December
    3 – Bournemouth (A)
    10 – West Ham United (H)
    13 – Middlesbrough (A) (Tuesday)

asshat CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel's Avatar
    Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.
    Hopefully we can build some momentum.

asshat pied Shaggy Bronze Club pied Shaggy Bronze Club pied Shaggy Bronze Club pied Shaggy Bronze Club pied Shaggy Bronze Club pied Shaggy Bronze Club pied Shaggy Bronze Club pied Shaggy Bronze Club pied Shaggy Bronze Club pied Shaggy Bronze Club pied Shaggy Bronze Club
    Hopefully we'll have momentum!

700 million pound offer to buy LFC by Chinese investment group is making the rounds.

asshat Jograves Shaggy Bronze Club Jograves Shaggy Bronze Club Jograves Shaggy Bronze Club Jograves Shaggy Bronze Club Jograves Shaggy Bronze Club Jograves Shaggy Bronze Club Jograves Shaggy Bronze Club Jograves Shaggy Bronze Club Jograves Shaggy Bronze Club Jograves Shaggy Bronze Club Jograves Shaggy Bronze Club
    I don't know what their latest valuation was, but that seems low to me.

Also, I thought FSG were looking for partial investors.

asshat CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fantom View Post
    700 million pound offer to buy LFC by Chinese investment group is making the rounds.
    750 Million and an autographed Joe Allen picture.

asshat hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fantom View Post
    I really hope this doesn't happen. The club needs stability and I think FSG is heading in the right direction despite some missteps.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes2702 View Post
    I really hope this doesn't happen. The club needs stability and I think FSG is heading in the right direction despite some missteps.
    This and I agree that seems low.

Quote Originally Posted by pied View Post
    From RAWK/footyheadlines, rumored away shirt.

official

Allen/Lallana starting in England - Wales. Just saw Sturridge warming up and got nervous.

Damn. That's a good looking kit.

Sturridge with a great goal(right foot as well!) that appears to seal the win for England.

asshat DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander's Avatar
    Sturridge with a great goal(right foot as well!) that appears to seal the win for England.
    $#@!ing Spoiler Tag please - this is not the Engerland thread (recording while at work)

apologies, but have to say it seems little tough with Allen and Lallana starting, and Henderson, Milner, Clyne, and Sturridge on the bench.

I'd advise staying away from any Liverpool sites, including the official site, as it has this as its headline.

asshat DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander grows his own roses DeadSalamander's Avatar
    apologies, but have to say it seems little tough with Allen and Lallana starting, and Henderson, Milner, Clyne, and Sturridge on the bench.

I'd advise staying away from any Liverpool sites, including the official site, as it has this as its headline.
    No big deal. I'm just being bitchy. I should have known better

asshat maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack's Avatar
    Liverpool Get Rid of Head Trainer as Coaching Overhaul Continues

Longtime staff member Chris Morgan will no longer be with the club.

When Jürgen Klopp took over as Liverpool's manager, forward-looking people said he would use his first summer in charge to dramatically alter the construction of his squad.

He's already completed a few notable transfers, including the signings of Joel Matip and Loris Karius. Plus, numerous fringe players such as Martin Skrtel are set to move on to other clubs.

Klopp's changes have extended beyond the transfer market, though, as he's altered his coaching staff as well. A few weeks before the end of the season, he let fitness and conditioning coach Ryland Morgans depart before adding two Bayern Munich medical staff members.

Now, Liverpool have announced that head of physiotherapy Chris Morgan, who worked for the club since 2005, will not remain on the staff, according to the Telegraph. His replacement will likely be named in the coming weeks.

The decision to move on from Morgan as head trainer comes after a season in which the injury bug hit especially hard, ending Joe Gomez and Danny Ings' seasons prematurely and sidelining Jordan Henderson and Divock Origi for long stretches.

Klopp plans to make his players perform triple training sessions during their pre-season, expanding on his already rigorous workout approach so his squad will be able to press high up the pitch and expend energy for full matches in the upcoming season. As such, he perhaps felt that a new medical team could help him carry out that mission in a more effective manner.

guessing a German, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Damn - I hope the rags have it right today. Links to Lucas Moura and Kovacic (again). If true would box off 2 glaring needs with top quality players.

Seems like a stretch. Is Lucas unhappy at PSG?

asshat maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack's Avatar
    Pictures surfaces of Ibe in West Ham gear

Interesting article about the status of all our returning loanees coming back in the Echo today:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...tars-11499291?

Andre Wisdom = Sold
    Mario Balotelli = Sold
    Luis Alberto = I want to say sold but we'll see how he does in the preseason. If he gives Klopp a glimmer of hope I can see him holding on.
    Lazar Markovic = Stays
    Marko Grujic = Stays obviously
    Sergi Canos = Stays until December with a possible loan move at that time
    Allan Rodrigues de Souza = Loan

Rest move on.

Quote Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
    Pictures surface of Ibe in West Ham gear

Looks like we're going to put a bid in for Mane according to Paul Joyce.

Meh. I guess he would bring pace to the wing but I think 24 million is a hell of a price for him.

Didn't realize he was only 24 though.

Looks like we're going to put a bid in for Mane according to Paul Joyce.
    Trust in Klopp ... but I can't help but believe there are better options for the price.

That's where I'm at. Provides se competition for Lallana. Not going to say he immediately replaces him. Still think we can find that skill set cheaper on the continent.

asshat YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu's Avatar
    guitar starts spinning, rock and roll starts winning
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseWeasel View Post
    Meh. I guess he would bring pace to the wing but I think 24 million is a hell of a price for him.

Didn't realize he was only 24 though.
    At lot of Soton fans rate his price higher than that.. think £40 million.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...-sadio-8228887

Do I think we could get £40 million for him? Probably not, but I would gather it would be closer to £30 million.

That's where I'm at. Provides se competition for Lallana. Not going to say he immediately replaces him. Still think we can find that skill set cheaper on the continent.
    I wonder if Joe Allen's success in the Euro's has Klopp confident that he can be a solid defensive mid?
    I know the Xhaka talk was strong at the beginning, but we don't seem to be pursuing another DM at the moment.

asshat 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseWeasel View Post
    I wonder if Joe Allen's success in the Euro's has Klopp confident that he can be a solid defensive mid?
    I know the Xhaka talk was strong at the beginning, but we don't seem to be pursuing another DM at the moment.
    I hope Allen's performance means someone is going to pay more money for him. I like him alright, but he's infinitely replaceable/upgrade-able. He also can't seem to stay healthy. Moving him on is best for all parties, I think, as he'd thrive at a smaller club where he's a surefire starter. We need to buy Mahmoud Dahoud. Not a DM per se, but a B2B with limitless potential.

I'd forgotten that we were making a play for Dahoud. That would be nice.
    I hope long term, Can will develop into a B2B mid.

asshat 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th's Avatar
    Liverpool close in on £30M Sadio Mane.

Not my first, second, third, or even fourth choice, but if Klopp wants him, I'm happy to see it happen. Awfully damn expensive though for a very inconsistent player.

We also rejected an £8M bid for Welsh Xavi.

asshat Bodowned is a rep whore. Bodowned is a rep whore. Bodowned is a rep whore. Bodowned is a rep whore. Bodowned is a rep whore. Bodowned is a rep whore. Bodowned is a rep whore. Bodowned is a rep whore. Bodowned is a rep whore. Bodowned is a rep whore. Bodowned is a rep whore.
    what the $#@! is with our obsession with Southampton players?

Quote Originally Posted by 406W30th View Post
    Liverpool close in on £30M Sadio Mane.

Not my first, second, third, or even fourth choice, but if Klopp wants him, I'm happy to see it happen. Awfully damn expensive though for a very inconsistent player.
    I just don't believe he has the workrate to perform well in Klopp's system. But we'll see.

We also rejected an £8M bid for Welsh Xavi.
    Greatest. Nickname. Ever. +rep

asshat YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu's Avatar
    "He's the Welsh Xavi." ~ Brenden Rodgers On Joe Allen as he arrived at the club, as shown in the Channel 5 documentary Being:Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Bodowned View Post
    what the $#@! is with our obsession with Southampton players?

Still the wrong SOTON player

SOTON has signed Nathan Redmond. Expectation is he'll be the replacement for Mane.

asshat Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn's Avatar
    June 2018: Liverpool have signed Southampton winger Nathan Redmond for £37m.

asshat hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hobbes2702's Avatar
    Not sure why everyone is down on Mane... He scored 18 goals and 6 assists in 46 appearances. He has some consistency issues in terms of goal scoring but he is a 24 year old winger. That inconsistency should be expected and likely will continue to inprove. He also provides a ton of pace which we clearly lack and gives us a scoring threat from the wing. I personally think it's a great signing of it goes through

I'm not down on Mane necessarily but I don't think his performance will track the same at Liverpool. Similar to Adam Lallana. He's a better fit than Benteke so I'm not upset about having him but for 30M I'd like to have someone that there's no doubt he improves our 1st team. Mane doesn't do that for me.

I'm not down on Mane necessarily but I don't think his performance will track the same at Liverpool. Similar to Adam Lallana. He's a better fit than Benteke so I'm not upset about having him but for 30M I'd like to have someone that there's no doubt he improves our 1st team. Mane doesn't do that for me.
    He will immediately be the best wide player at the club.

You're right since he'd be the only wide player on roster sans James Milner. Still doesn't mean he'd be worth the expense.
    Last edited by maninblack; 06-25-2016 at 08:10 PM.

You're right since he'd be the only wide player on roster sans James Milner. Still doesn't mean he'd be worth the expense.
    I understand that line of thinking but who could we realistically get with similar production?

asshat mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost's Avatar
    And with no UEFA money or matches to speak of.

asshat Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn's Avatar
    Im fine with him. We have very little goal productivity from the Lallana/Ibe/markovic types.

Mane's a good player but as MiB said, for that kind of money you want a worldie. Mane is not that, at least not yet, and I'm skeptical that he'll ever be. He's a bit of a knucklehead, though he can obviously mature, as young as he is.

We're being linked with Marko Pjaca, a 21-year old Croatian winger. I've only seen him play for his country, but he's a fantastic dribbler. £12M is the rumored price tag.

Mane's a good player but as MiB said, for that kind of money you want a worldie. Mane is not that, at least not yet, and I'm skeptical that he'll ever be. He's a bit of a knucklehead, though he can obviously mature, as young as he is.

We're being linked with Marko Pjaca, a 21-year old Croatian winger. I've only seen him play for his country, but he's a fantastic dribbler. £12M is the rumored price tag.
    Again though who could we have realistically gotten for £30 million that has had as much productivity as Mane?

Think of it this way, Troy Deeney is going to go for £20 million plus in all likelihood. £30 million is not a massive amount these days especially for a move within this same league. You're saying for £30 million we should get a worldie but there is no chance we could get an elite level winger for that price.

asshat bentleybrau is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. bentleybrau is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. bentleybrau is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. bentleybrau is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. bentleybrau is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. bentleybrau is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. bentleybrau is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. bentleybrau is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. bentleybrau is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. bentleybrau is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. bentleybrau is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. bentleybrau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes2702 View Post
    Think of it this way, Troy Deeney is going to go for £20 million plus in all likelihood. £30 million is not a massive amount these days especially for a move within this same league. You're saying for £30 million we should get a worldie but there is no chance we could get an elite level winger for that price.
    Especially in our current situation. Would have to overpay beyond belief with no Euro action.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 4 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast