+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2016 NFL rollover squares

2016 NFL rollover squares

Gauging interest in reviving this ... didn't do it last year for lack of time (new baby), but found that I sort of missed it. $#@!'s rigged, and all. You guys want to roll it again?

edit-blacklab

We're doing this.
    $50 a square
    total pool / 17 = amount per game
    1q,2q,3q each get 1/5 of game pot
    end of game including over time gets 2/5 of game pot
    if empty square wins it rolls over to next winner

if we fill up the board ($5000) each quarter will pay $59 and each end game will pay $117

goto
    http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/con...y_squares.html
    to see the squares available. Sometimes the page won't load the first time so you may need to refresh the page to see the data. You have to be signed in to shaggy to see the page.

the current numbers are up there as place holders and show the coordinates for you to pick. I will randomize them at kickoff each week

to join
    pm me the coordinates that you want, and then go to the front page of this site and donate $50 for each square you want.

Billowing Asshat PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD's Avatar
    I'm in

asshat slorch probably preboards planes slorch probably preboards planes slorch probably preboards planes slorch probably preboards planes slorch probably preboards planes slorch probably preboards planes slorch probably preboards planes slorch probably preboards planes slorch probably preboards planes slorch probably preboards planes slorch probably preboards planes slorch's Avatar
    Texans already rolled over.

"splain the gist of this game, please.

Quote Originally Posted by slorch View Post
    Texans already rolled over.

"splain the gist of this game, please.
    search for last thread ... it's all explained. "Rollover squares"

benevolent dictator blacklab has disabled reputation blacklab's Avatar
    In.
    I started a project to do march madness to learn angular. I can reuse a bunch of that code and build an app to automate this.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    In.
    I started a project to do march madness to learn angular. I can reuse a bunch of that code and build an app to automate this.
    I'd $#@!in' love that ... you can run it, you can send me your project, whatever ... and do you mind holding money again?

Billowing Asshat PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD Shaggy Silver Club PhillyD's Avatar
    Awesome. It can now be rigged automatically.

asshat JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround's Avatar
    I'm in.

asshat slorch probably preboards planes slorch probably preboards planes slorch probably preboards planes slorch probably preboards planes slorch probably preboards planes slorch probably preboards planes slorch probably preboards planes slorch probably preboards planes slorch probably preboards planes slorch probably preboards planes slorch probably preboards planes slorch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by capnamerca View Post
    search for last thread ... it's all explained. "Rollover squares"
    guess it was too $#@!ing hard to answer the question.

Holy $#@! it is tic-tac-toe or gotdamned chess?

and FTR, the search mainly comes up with y'all's past threads but not really an explanations.

thx bai.
    Last edited by slorch; 08-05-2016 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slorch View Post
    guess it was too $#@!ing hard to answer the question.

Holy $#@! it is tic-tac-toe or gotdamned chess?
    It's not "too $#@!ing hard", it's just a lengthy explanation, and over three years of running it I've got pretty much every question already answered. In the previous thread. Which is where I referred you.

asshat KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN's Avatar
    im in....

I'd $#@!in' love that ... you can run it, you can send me your project, whatever ... and do you mind holding money again?
    The project will be hosted here, as long as you're logged into shaggy you'll be able to see the app.
    I'll get it done before the first game.
    And, yes I'll hold the money.

asshat Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death's Avatar
    It's not "too $#@!ing hard", it's just a lengthy explanation, and over three years of running it I've got pretty much every question already answered. In the previous thread. Which is where I referred you.
    ...so what are the rules of play?

asshat KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN Shaggy Gold Club KC-97HORN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
    ...so what are the rules of play?
    the short answer?

$#@!'s rigged, Yo

asshat Blotto Shaggy Gold Club Blotto Shaggy Gold Club Blotto Shaggy Gold Club Blotto Shaggy Gold Club Blotto Shaggy Gold Club Blotto Shaggy Gold Club Blotto Shaggy Gold Club Blotto Shaggy Gold Club Blotto Shaggy Gold Club Blotto Shaggy Gold Club Blotto Shaggy Gold Club
    In for a couple

asshat Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth's Avatar
    Interested

asshat JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JimbAround's Avatar
    Here's what I found:

Executive Summary:
    * This is a squares game like you always play at Super Bowl parties. No one should need the game mechanics explained
    * $50 per square
    * Payment made to Bob via Shaggy, payouts at the end of the season (either check or paypal in return) - SEE DETAILED PROCESS FOR SIGN UP BELOW
    * Payouts will be 15-15-25-44% by quarter, for each game, based on the total pot remaining divided by the number of games remaining (see below for more detail) (the remaining 1% goes to cover paypal fees)
    * The rollover rule means that if we don't sell out the board, we still play the game. If a quarter misses, that money rolls directly into the payout for the very next quarter (4th goes to 1st of next week).
    * We'll take signups until we sell the 75th square, or Saturday Sept 28th at 4pm cst (which is the day before the kickoff of Week 4's game, NE@ATL), whichever comes first
    * We are IGNORING the bastard Week 1 game on Wednesday, which defeats the purpose of SUNDAY night football. $#@!ing NFL - that's two years in a row. Our first game is NYG@DAL, Sept. 8th

DETAILS

Squares game. Home across the top, visitors down the side. You're buying one physical square for each $50 submitted, and you'll own the same physical square for the entire season (E6 for example). We'll draw a fresh set of random numbers for each week's game.

I use the StatTrek random number generator with no seed to generate the numbers each week - http://stattrek.com/statistics/rando...generator.aspx.

TO SIGN UP
    1. Donate to Shaggy via the Donate button, middle right http://www.shaggybevo.com/index.html. There's no place to put a note, but don't stress. Just submit a multiple of $50. That money goes directly to Bob.
    2. Send me a private message here on Shaggy, and include
    a. The number of squares you just bought (this lets me send bob a check figure)
    b. Your real name
    c. Your real email address
    3. I'll assign your squares, and send you a reminder PM with the spreadsheet (also posted below)
    4. I'll send everyone an email from my real email when the season starts, as another form of notification. I'll do the same each week with winners/losers and amounts.

OTHER DETAIL
    Can I invite people who don't post on shaggy?
    YES. Please do. In the sign-up section, just PM me with their real name and email address along with what they submitted. The more the merrier!

Can you clarify the rollover rule?
    The game WILL go on - last year we sold 41 squares. It added a bit of excitement, since a random quarter could suddenly be worth a LOT of money. The rule says that if the score at the end of a quarter lands on a square with no owner, the money that would have been awarded goes directly into the payout for the next quarter. The percentage payouts don't change, it's just that the cash flows downhill. If the 4th quarter misses, that rolls to the 1st quarter of the next game. It's perfectly fine to have multiple rollovers in a row, although last year we only had a double-rollover happen once, I think. If the very last quarter of the very last game rolls over, that money reverts back to the last winner of a quarter.

What NFL games should we care about?
    ?

Can you clarify how the squares will be assigned?
    Yes. I used that same randomizing website to generate a list of numbers 1-100. I mapped those to the 10x10 grid starting top left and progressing to bottom right. The first $50 to me gets the square with 1 in it, the second gets 2, and on down the line. This way, you can just pay me in one chunk and not get stuck with squares next to each other. But it also frees me of the burden of people trying to pick their own squares over the internet. I did change two of the squares from the random assignment so that consecutive numbers weren't next to each other. There's an argument to be made for the idea of getting two squares in a GREAT number, but I made the choice to minimize that happening and spread out the numbers.

Also, I'm buying three squares, so I'll have 1, 2, and 3.

Can you clarify how the payouts are calculated?
    This is only a pain in the ass because we learned last year that if we want people to play, we have to take signups into the first few weeks of the season. So ... the general formula for payouts is as follows.
    1. Take the total pool of money for all current participants (i.e. week one we have 25 folks with 2 squares each, the pool is $5000).
    2. Divide that number by the number of games remaining (i.e. in week one, there are 18 games remaining, so $277.77.
    3. Divide that number by the payout percentages listed above ($41.66, $41.66, $69.44, and $122.22. $2.78 goes into Bob's contra-fees account), and you get your payouts per quarter

Then, if more people sign up in week 2, you just restart the process, but DON'T count the week 1 money, since it's already been paid out. If we have 10 more squares sold ...
    1. $6000 - $277.77 = $5722.23
    2. do your own math from here.

Where are results tracked?
    Results will be tracked in multiple tabs on the spreadsheet already listed, but here it is again - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...U2x2UWc#gid=25. The multiple tabs thing on Google Docs is sometimes confusing - look across the bottom for the game of the week, and if you don't see it, make sure you clear your cache and reload the website first. The spreadsheet is only editable by Bob and me, but "everyone" should have read access.

In the background, I have another spreadsheet that keeps the payout details, who's signed up and paid me, etc. I can share the details with at any time, but since we're handling a decent sum of money, I won't share the sheet with you. Again, Bob has access to edit it as a check against me.

How do I get paid when I win?
    At the end of the season, we'll tally up the winners and bob will either send you money via paypal or mail you a check (your choice). We'd prefer to not send payments in the middle of the season for simplicity's sake.
    Last edited by JimbAround; 08-08-2016 at 02:07 PM.

So do we pay once, or once each week?

In the past we paid at the beginning of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyD View Post
    In the past we paid at the beginning of the season.
    Yep. Pay once, up front, $50 per square.

asshat Chief21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chief21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chief21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chief21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chief21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chief21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chief21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chief21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chief21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chief21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chief21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    $#@! it, I'm down

asshat Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth's Avatar
    Put me down for 4

Quote Originally Posted by longhornanth View Post
    put me down for 4
    utah! Get me two!

bunghole LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner's Avatar
    What the hell. It's only cash. I'll figure out a way to write it off anyway. Gimme 4 times and let's go!

im in for 3

asshat CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack's Avatar
    I want one!

asshat Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist's Avatar
    Who do I send the PM to after I've made my payment?

JimbAround? BlackLab? Someone else?

Don't send anyone anything, yet. Payments will be made to Shaggy, then updates sent to either me or blacklab. I need to confirm that Bob is going to run the tournament on some fancy website, or if I'm going to run in on spreadsheets. There will be a new thread started when it's time to roll. Patience.

uh, sir,

if you havent noticed it yet , this Shaggy place.... kinda doesnt have any patience....ever

asshat Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist is a rep whore. Greg Davis Apologist's Avatar
    Don't send anyone anything, yet. Payments will be made to Shaggy, then updates sent to either me or blacklab. I need to confirm that Bob is going to run the tournament on some fancy website, or if I'm going to run in on spreadsheets. There will be a new thread started when it's time to roll. Patience.
    Got it. I'm the kind of guy who pays early and doesn't have to worry about it later.

Either way, count me in for one square.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    In.
    Bob - you still down to run the game?

yes.
    launching real job software tomorrow so been tied up, should have time later this week.

so- uh are we still doing this? and if so, I guess we need to send Dear Leader money?

bunghole hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses
    I am in for a few. Just sent this to a buddy who is probably in for a few as well

bunghole LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner's Avatar
    Had completely forgotten about this. Glad to see it bumped. I'm guessing it's still a go? If so, I'm still in for 4. Are we still sending the cash to blacklab through the donation button on the front page at some point?

Yes, we're going to do this.
    Will get the site up in the next day or two

software is almost ready, I'll have the page up later today or tomorrow morning

pm me the coordinate of the square(s) you want, and then donate $50 on the front page for each square

Done. Donated and PM'd, 4 squares. Thanks for getting it set up!

I donated for 4 squares and PMd confirmation. Just pick me 4 and let's do this!

I donated for 4 and PM'd.

asshat Blotto Shaggy Gold Club Blotto Shaggy Gold Club Blotto Shaggy Gold Club Blotto Shaggy Gold Club Blotto Shaggy Gold Club Blotto Shaggy Gold Club Blotto Shaggy Gold Club Blotto Shaggy Gold Club Blotto Shaggy Gold Club Blotto Shaggy Gold Club Blotto Shaggy Gold Club
    Just noticed this is live. Not sure if I will be in for tonights game, but I'm in for 2.

too late for tonight, but can enter before next week

numbers are randomized and up.

2016 NFL rollover squares

Is it just me or can we not view the number board on an iPhone? Not loading for me

Anyone wanna let me know what numbers I have for tonite?

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornanth View Post
    Is it just me or can we not view the number board on an iPhone? Not loading for me

Anyone wanna let me know what numbers I have for tonite?
    Odd, I just went back to the page to tell you what they were and it won't load for me. I'm signed in, don't know what the issue is.

And now it is up.

Longhornanth, you have:
    Patriots 4, Cardinals 5
    Patriots 5, Cardinals 1
    Patriots 1, Cardinals 4
    Patriots 6, Cardinals 3

White Mexican LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP's Avatar
    Too late to join? In for a few

too late for this week, but you can still join for the rest of the year

I was updating the software, should be up there now.

Scores should auto update now, along with the time left in the game, I'll have it auto update winner info later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyD View Post
    And now it is up.

Longhornanth, you have:
    Patriots 4, Cardinals 5
    Patriots 5, Cardinals 1
    Patriots 1, Cardinals 4
    Patriots 6, Cardinals 3
    Thanks bud. Taparep

Amazing numbers....

asshat lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch's Avatar
    In for two squares (PM Sent)

Fancy software, BL... "Amount" has one "m"

Quick reminder, please PM Blacklab your picks, not me. I've successfully delegated this madness to him :).

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast