+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: PGA Tour 2016-2017 season

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    nope.. but do you know the story on that Cameron GSS and the paint filled dots?
    I don't, if there's a specific one to that putter?

asshat OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur's Avatar
    Ha Ha

This is fun

asshat Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    I assumed it was because of spike marks on the green.
    Spikes are good for greens actually. It was all about the damage to clubhouses.

Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    L O $#@!ing L
    Don't forget, the old man does have 14 majors and a billion wins. You don't forget how to do that ...

asshat Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by capnamerca View Post
    I don't, if there's a specific one to that putter?
    He said he loved the putter but the overall weight and swing weight were a bit off, so Scotty drilled those but didn't want to leave them plain.. so he paint filled them. And so was born the signature red paint fills of Scotty Cameron.

Damn, big cat off to a hell of a start. I turned it on right as he blasted out of that bunker.

asshat OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur's Avatar
    Heard he has 60 of them, all supposed to be the same, but that particular just "releases itself"

Quote Originally Posted by OCSpur View Post
    Heard he has 60 of them, all supposed to be the same, but that particular just "releases itself"
    The version of that story I heard was that he was trying out some large number of supposedly identical putters (Newports, I'm assuming), and set aside 2-3 that he liked. And in the process identified 2-3 that were "very different", and when scotty went to examine them they had like, voids in the metal or something that made them ever so slightly different. Tiger could tell, just from putting with them, but all measurements were identical, and Tiger was right.

I've heard so many stories straight from the mouths of Nike guys about Tiger's feel.. it's insane what he can feel

Drops a shot ... shoved the putt, right off the putter.

Well, there goes the 58

Nice bounce back sandie birdie

Nice bounce back sandie birdie
    He's got a little swagger back ... he walked in that eight footer for birdie.

asshat Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro's Avatar
    Jesus. I was not expecting this.

The version of that story I heard was that he was trying out some large number of supposedly identical putters (Newports, I'm assuming), and set aside 2-3 that he liked. And in the process identified 2-3 that were "very different", and when scotty went to examine them they had like, voids in the metal or something that made them ever so slightly different. Tiger could tell, just from putting with them, but all measurements were identical, and Tiger was right.
    And I'm pretty sure Hideki and Fowler both have one of these original models..

Quote Originally Posted by Slingeroguitaro View Post
    Best part of that was Fowler's caddy walking into the shot and giving it the "it's in" finger move, well before the ball even dropped.

And I'm pretty sure Hideki and Fowler both have one of these original models..
    Rickie went to Scotty's shop early last year, right? And scotty personally put him into one of the 'older' GSS newports ... not sure if it was from the Tiger allotment, but I think it's effectively the same putter, yeah.

Rickie went to Scotty's shop early last year, right? And scotty personally put him into one of the 'older' GSS newports ... not sure if it was from the Tiger allotment, but I think it's effectively the same putter, yeah.
    I think it's from Tiger's stash.. which Scotty owns obviously. He slapped a line on it for him.

$#@!er shoots -4 on the front and was E on the 3 par 5's

asshat Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro Shaggy Bronze Club Slingeroguitaro's Avatar
    After a 466 day layoff he has birdied 17 of his first 45 holes. Stop it bruh

thats lovely.
    Last edited by Slingeroguitaro; 12-03-2016 at 02:16 PM.

Hideki: the anti sauce

Quote Originally Posted by Slingeroguitaro View Post
    Hideki: the anti sauce
    No kidding ... c'mon man, at least smile.

so how many of these guys have even been practicing for real? I know Tiger has been but aren't most of these guys basically on vacation right now?

All of them are practicing almost daily.. the most any of them take off is about 2 weeks. Spieth said he took two weeks off last year and pretty much lost it so he's only taking a week off after this event.

asshat Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous's Avatar
    Yeah I think Spieth mentioned on the NLU podcast that he's basically playing some form of golf every week of the year even if it's just a casual round with friends at home. You can lose your short game feel pretty quickly if you take too much time off.

My Hideki bet to win this week is looking good.
    My Tiger WD bet is not.

asshat 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five's Avatar
    Walker shot -6 in under 2 hours yesterday. That's gotta be fun.

asshat lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch's Avatar
    All of them are practicing almost daily.. the most any of them take off is about 2 weeks. Spieth said he took two weeks off last year and pretty much lost it so he's only taking a week off after this event.
    Apparent DJ took a month off without swinging. Didn't seem to miss a beat!

Congrats to Tiger on his top 15 and earning $107,000 for some Christmas presents.

If I figured this correctly, that should boost him about 300+ slots in the OWGR to around 665 {sarcasm, somewhat}.
    The comeback has to start somewere .... next is setting his 2017 schedule; majors are a given - what do you expect beyond that?

He will play most of the west coast swing--Torrey, Pebble, maybe Riviera.

asshat Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger's Avatar
    Every course he likes and knows like the back of his hand, scratch off the at&t at Pebble

All the majors
    All the tournaments 2 weeks before majors
    Buick (or whatever the $#@! it is at Torrey pines)
    Jacks tournament
    Whatever WGC tournaments he qualifies for or can be exempted into
    Fed ex playoffs (feeling charitable that he qualifies)
    The opposite super bowl tournament in Phoenix (waste management maybe)
    I predict he skips any course that he thinks will kick his ass early so no Honda in Florida and he skips LA for sure too
    Maybe he goes back to playing pebble pro am.

asshat TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normous View Post
    Yeah I think Spieth mentioned on the NLU podcast that he's basically playing some form of golf every week of the year even if it's just a casual round with friends at home. You can lose your short game feel pretty quickly if you take too much time off.
    Maybe that's my problem.

Led the field in birdies with 24

Also led the field in double bogeys....

asshat Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous has a gigantic e-peen. Dixie Normous's Avatar

PGA Tour 2016-2017 season

Quote Originally Posted by DDD Dad View Post
    He will play most of the west coast swing--Torrey, Pebble, maybe Riviera.
    Definitely Riviera. He's a sponsor now. Pretty sure it's the only tournament he's played more than 5 times without winning. I doubt he plays Pebble, he got sick of that event about a decade ago.

asshat Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Silver Club Dewey Oxburger's Avatar
    Definitely Riviera. He's a sponsor now.
    If that's the case, he's going to hate life and we're going to have to put our "don't call it a comeback" shirts back in the closet

PGA Tour gimmick season goes full idiot this week.

Franklin Templeton Shootout.
    Naples Florida, 3 day, 12 team 2-man event

Thursday - Scramble
    Friday - Modified alternate shot
    Saturday - better ball

I lied - 11 2-man teams plus DeChambeau & Lexi Thompson as the 12th team

oh who am I kidding, this is what you wanted to see

Last edited by Wally Fairway; 12-05-2016 at 03:49 PM. Reason: smaller photo - because bigger is always better

Definitely Riviera. He's a sponsor now. Pretty sure it's the only tournament he's played more than 5 times without winning. I doubt he plays Pebble, he got sick of that event about a decade ago.
    Didn't realize he's a sponsor now. Knew he loved the coarse but just never got it done there. Figured he'd be out bc of that but as a sponsor he's likely in.

Hope he skips Abu Dabi. Doesn't need the cash grab.

Is Bryson hittin Lexi?

asshat longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10's Avatar
    Is Bryson hittin Lexi?
    Only if she floats

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn10 View Post
    Only if she floats
    I have NO IDEA what this is implying, but it is cracking me the $#@! up this morning.

Bryson floats his golf balls is epsom salt water..

Bryson floats his girlfriends in epsom salt water..
    fify

Ha! Got it!

asshat Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka's Avatar
    Bryson floats his golf balls is epsom salt water..
    BD: “I don't want to say too much because I don't want to give out all my secrets, you know (laughing). But Epsom salts help me float a golf ball, and I'm actually able to find the center of gravity of a golf ball. Not every golf ball is perfectly manufactured, so there's going to be an error in the machine and the center of gravity will actually be off.

“So normally, when you're in a free-flowing or free water environment or whatever, (the ball) would slow down on its own, as you spin it in the Epsom salt. And it wouldn't be affected by anything else if the center of gravity was perfectly in the middle of the ball. It just keeps slowing down by friction.

“But if the center of gravity is off, there's torque that's created, and what happens is it wobbles and wobbles, and it goes to the heavy side or the off-balance side. And then I find out how much it's off-balance by putting lead tape on it on the top of the ball to see how much mass it takes to flip it over. Ergo, how much, how many inches or how many millimeters is it off from the center of the ball?

“And so if it's more than 16 milligrams out of balance, I won't play the ball … there's usually four out of every dozen that I won't play.”

Ben Hogan would spend days doing this just to get a shag bag full of "good" balls... and those were just his practice balls.

Ben Hogan would spend days doing this just to get a shag bag full of "good" balls... and those were just his practice balls.
    These days I'm not sure how much Bryson's efforts are worth; back in Hogan's day manufacturing tolerances were not as good as now, and the old wound balls would go out of round on their own during the course of play, so I could see why one would test balls even for (or perhaps especially for) a shag bag.

I know this.. but Bryson like to be smarter than everyne else. Even though this has been going on for as long as golf has been around.

asshat TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club TahoeHorn Shaggy Gold Club
    If Bryson were real smart he'd get the manufacturer to test their balls and give him good ones.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast