+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: The Art of Travel- A Spankytoes Manifesto

asshat 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McCroskey View Post
    FYI, just read that the 100k bonus on the Sapphire Reserve card is expiring on January 11th. Will be dropping back to a 50k bonus after that.
    We already had it under my name but just signed my wife up to get the 100,000. That will give us close to 175,000 in ultimate rewards and 144,000 on Amex. A trip to Japan is the goal.

asshat bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club
    Pretty sure that Jan 11 deadline is online apps only, you can still go to a chase location and apply there through March

White Mexican LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIceSIP View Post
    FYI finally received the card. Besides the 80K points, it has 3x/$ on travel, online advertising, phone/TV/cell/internet expenses AND all cellphone bills paid with this card give you phone insurance for lost/stolen/damage cell phones for $600 coverage per phone. That's a great coverage to replace expensive phones like iPhones.

The $75 yearly fee is waived if you apply at a branch.
    Just hit the spending requirement on the Ink business card.

So now the wife and I have over 300k chase points (100k x2 for the Reserve cards, 80k for the Ink Biz, plus the spend requirements).

asshat Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    Just got approved on reserve card
    Mine came in yesterday.

According to CBS, the 100k bonus expires tomorrow on 1/12.

Card has really lived upto the hype thus far. I have not really explored the complimentary Priority Pass lounges at all though. Looks like there is one in international terminal D22 at DFW. Anybody been? Curious how it compares to the Centurion Lounges.

Card has really lived upto the hype thus far
    The purchase protection saved me some coin recently when I had to return a piece of jewelry that the seller wouldn't take back after 30 days. Just got a call yesterday that they are cutting me a check as we speak. Just including the $300 travel credit and this return I am well past even on this card after only 4 months. That doesn't include the $1,500 in free flights. Since you really only making up $150 of the $500 annual fee, that right there pretty much makes this card free for me for almost another 10 years.

Curious how it compares to the Centurion Lounges.
    I've used the one at LHR. Its pretty sparse and small. No view. but they had free food and drinks. Ill try the one out at EWR in April but I'm not holding out for much. This is a very small perk IMO.
    Last edited by midtown; 01-11-2017 at 06:12 PM.

White Mexican LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP has a gigantic e-peen. LongIslandIceSIP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DalBear View Post
    I have not really explored the complimentary Priority Pass lounges at all though. Looks like there is one in international terminal D22 at DFW. Anybody been? Curious how it compares to the Centurion Lounges.
    I've tried to use Priority Pass at 5 airports now and it's never in the terminals I'm in. So, that benefit is disappointing (for me)

asshat 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by DalBear View Post
    According to CBS, the 100k bonus expires tomorrow on 1/12.

Card has really lived upto the hype thus far. I have not really explored the complimentary Priority Pass lounges at all though. Looks like there is one in international terminal D22 at DFW. Anybody been? Curious how it compares to the Centurion Lounges.
    best use for priority pass is typically small-medium sized airports where there are no flagship carrier lounges, and smaller airport means the independent lounges are easily accessible without terminal or otherwise physical segregation.

they contract with some flagship lounges in some certain airports, and some independent lounges are nice, but most wouldnt be characterized as nice.

centurion lounges i put on par with a business lounge from a top Asian carrier (like Cathay's). better than anything domestic. a notch below First class lounges.

bunghole Sam Lin grows his own roses Sam Lin grows his own roses Sam Lin grows his own roses Sam Lin grows his own roses Sam Lin grows his own roses Sam Lin grows his own roses Sam Lin grows his own roses Sam Lin grows his own roses Sam Lin grows his own roses Sam Lin grows his own roses Sam Lin grows his own roses
    Domestic Priority Pass sorta sucks, small lounges in oddball terminals with crap amenities. If you fly international, then Priority Pass has real value, the lounges are sometimes better than carrier lounges.

Sam

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5