+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016-17 shaggy fantasy basketball league

Not a terrible night, I didn't get Boogie... but I got Drummond. So 1 of 2 on my main goals was acheived. The rest of my draft was about taking value where I saw it, gambling a little (a lot at injured/out PGs), and a hope that Anthony Davis IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS last year /dennygreen.

I got 4 guys who are going to average 20 ppg.

I took Embiid

Burnt Orange Weenie BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange's Avatar
    i'm ok with my team, but i'm upset that i didn't get harden because the guy with the #1 pick didn't make the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka View Post
    I got 4 guys who are going to average 20 ppg.

one of those is andrew wiggins who will get nothing else

Derka is going to hate Lopez before 2017 arrives.

Looking to trade Klay Thompson. I've heard he's pretty good. So make me an offer.

I just can't stomache the thought of rooting for a GS Warrior.

And the $#@! autopick locked in and selected JJ Re$#@! when I wanted to select Teague or Conley

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    i'm ok with my team, but i'm upset that i didn't get harden because the guy with the #1 pick didn't make the draft.
    I thought he picked harden and then left

Burnt Orange Weenie BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange's Avatar
    i'm pretty sure he was never there.

so it looks like the schedule is currently set up where you play everyone in your division twice and every team in the other division at least once (4 of them 1 time, 2 of them twice). week 19 will be the wild card week that i'll manually set when the time comes.

would you guys rather go with this setup, or where you play everyone in your division 3 times and only play 3 games against the other division?

asshat capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81's Avatar
    I am ok either way.

I'm ok with either, too.

I think the first setup that you play everyone at least once is the better option. Makes it easier to be clean cut if there are ties for the playoffs, and if one division is much better than the other it will help prevent an undeserving team from the weaker division (like my own almost did in past years) from sneaking in.

Are we keeping the pay out structure from the past years?

Quote Originally Posted by RCRanger03 View Post
    I think the first setup that you play everyone at least once is the better option. Makes it easier to be clean cut if there are ties for the playoffs, and if one division is much better than the other it will help prevent an undeserving team from the weaker division (like my own almost did in past years) from sneaking in.

Are we keeping the pay out structure from the past years?
    I agree. My only concern is how to do the other division and play four of them 1X, play two of them 2X. Bad luck of the draw and one player could play a powerhouse team 2X and another player could play a cream puff roster or absent owner 2X and that is the difference between making the playoffs or missing. How to prevent that I dunno.

yeah i don't think there is any possible way to get a truely balanced schedule. even if we went with the second option, it's still just luck of the draw regarding which 3 teams from the other division you get. at least in the first manner, everyone plays everyone.

regarding playoffs and payouts:

top 2 teams from each division make the playoffs. each division winner receives a bye to the semifinals.
    next 2 teams record wise (regardless of division) are our wild card teams.
    week 19: 3rd best record plays 6th best record and 4th best record plays 5th best record. winners move on to the semifinals, worst record remaining gets the team with the best overall record, etc.
    semifinals and finals are 2 weeks long -- actually i think the finals are a little over 2 weeks long because they go to the end of the season (which usually ends on a wednesday).

total prize pool is $600:
    best regular season record = $100
    champion = $250
    runner up = $150
    consolation game winner = $100

though if the majority wanted to change the champion to $300, runner up to $125 and consolation winner to $75 i'm fine with that as well.

asshat Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps's Avatar
    I like 2nd way. Hell personally I'd only give 3rd their money back.

Same.

asshat MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10's Avatar
    Was going to accept lavinefor for draymond but knight rescinded

I agree that 3rd place should only be money back, and Playoff 1st should get $300 or regular season winner should get $150 (because its technically the hardest feat)

As the structuring issue. It's unavoidable that some in the league will have a easier schedule than others, so as long as it's just randomized thats as fair as it's gonna get. That's why people who bow out and don't set their schedules are truly peckerwoods. It's one thing to have a crappy team or week that loses 3-8-1, and another and very $#@!ty thing to lose 0-11-1 because you didn't even play your guys. Honestly if they don't play through the regular season they shouldn't be invited back (extenuating circumstances excluded).

Also BO a suggestion on that front:
    If anyone does stop setting their schedule for a 2 or 3 weeks (and wont respond to negs, cajoling, or internet threats) I think we should establish that this thread can crowd source agree on how to fill out their roster for the week on Monday (except the team they're playing against), and then BO can use Commish powers to make those changes (only that no trading off/dropping non injured players or anything). This will mitigate the damage that team can do to the outcome of the regular season.

asshat RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson's Avatar
    ^^^ Yes to all that....unless I am playing the inactive team, we can just leave it be

2016-17 shaggy fantasy basketball league

I agree that 3rd place should only be money back, and Playoff 1st should get $300 or regular season winner should get $150 (because its technically the hardest feat)

As the structuring issue. It's unavoidable that some in the league will have a easier schedule than others, so as long as it's just randomized thats as fair as it's gonna get. That's why people who bow out and don't set their schedules are truly peckerwoods. It's one thing to have a crappy team or week that loses 3-8-1, and another and very $#@!ty thing to lose 0-11-1 because you didn't even play your guys. Honestly if they don't play through the regular season they shouldn't be invited back (extenuating circumstances excluded).
    We tried this in the baseball league and it went horribly. beer ignored his team for big chunks of time every year, and after bringing it up year after year I finally put it to a vote. He was unanimously voted out in short order. He of course was MIA for all of this, because he was never paying attention. Once someone brought it to his attention that he'd been voted out, he came storming into the thread going berserk on me as if A)it was my fault that he ignored his team, and B)as if I had solely voted him out.

He spent the entire season bitching about/talking $#@! to me whenever he decided to post in the thread (a thread which he'd perennially ignored). Literally 90% of his posts for the entire 6 month season were angry, bitter, $#@!-talking posts. Everyone else in the league gets along and has some playful back-and-forth $#@! talking, and then we have beer raging on me every week and constantly chiming in about how he doesn't know what's going on because he's too busy ignoring his team. Everyone agreed it was the least fun season yet.

So yeah, good luck trying to hold anyone accountable. Have fun with that.
    Last edited by Derka; 10-25-2016 at 11:35 AM.

2016-17 shaggy fantasy basketball league

And to be clear, I brought evidence. As if it weren't enough that several people had complained about him for years, I went back and looked up week-by-week records showing that beer was losing 2-10 and 1-11 for weeks at a time with all Stars on his bench and injured players starting. He made about 1/4 of the moves as the next lowest person (meaning the guys who was 11/12 in moves made 4x as many moves as beer, who probably made about 1/15 of the moves of the more active players. We're talking a handful of adds/drops per year), he never posted in the thread, I mean you get it. The guy habitually ignored his team, and when we voted him out all it took was for him to whine and everyone else retreated, let him back in, and (except for NL) then didn't say a goddamn word as beer spent the entire 6 month season on a mission to ruin the fun of the league. I'm still pissed at how all of that went down. Obviously.
    Last edited by Derka; 10-25-2016 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Was going to accept lavinefor for draymond but knight rescinded
    you missed your shot, you'll regret it

regular season champ - $150
    playoff champ - $300
    runner up - $100
    consolation - $50

we good?

regular season champ - $150
    playoff champ - $300
    runner up - $100
    consolation - $50

we good?
    Aye

asshat Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps's Avatar
    Works for me

I'm good with that.

asshat MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10's Avatar
    thats coo

Already.

Made a couple trade offers to some of you.

Looking for a PG, I'm well stocked with SG and SF, and even Klay is on the table.

thanks to everyone who passed on LeBron.

Last year he missed about 12 triple doubles for me because he ended with 9 in one category

What a $#@!et

Quote Originally Posted by Scraps View Post
    Last year he missed about 12 triple doubles for me because he ended with 9 in one category

What a $#@!et
    probably because he doesn't like you

Well thats just mean

asshat Troy McClure Shaggy Bronze Club Troy McClure Shaggy Bronze Club Troy McClure Shaggy Bronze Club Troy McClure Shaggy Bronze Club Troy McClure Shaggy Bronze Club Troy McClure Shaggy Bronze Club Troy McClure Shaggy Bronze Club Troy McClure Shaggy Bronze Club Troy McClure Shaggy Bronze Club Troy McClure Shaggy Bronze Club Troy McClure Shaggy Bronze Club Troy McClure's Avatar
    Yeah, that hurt. A triple double on opening night? F me in the a.

I don't mind having Anthony Davis on my team...

50 Pts, 16 Rebs, 5 Asts, 7 Stls, 4 Blks, 16 FTM, 50% FG

Enjoy your 30 games of that

sumbitch never did that last year

I wanted Howard so bad... I was sure I would get him too. Damn you BO.

18 boards and counting...

give it time, he'll start complaining about something

Westbrook is going to be an absolute monster this year... best chance for an Oscar Robinson triple double season since early Lebron. 44 shot attempts tonight... 44!!

51 Pts, 13 Rebs 10 Ast, 2 Stl, 2 Threes, and 15 FTM.

And I got him at pick 4. There are going to be some absurd players this year, and Russ is certainly at the top of the list.

And I got him at pick 4. There are going to be some absurd players this year, and Russ is certainly at the top of the list.
    i can't tell you how many times i clicked back and forth between he and KD when i was on the clock. had i had 10 seconds more, no telling which one of them i would have chosen.

i can't tell you how many times i clicked back and forth between he and KD when i was on the clock. had i had 10 seconds more, no telling which one of them i would have chosen.
    Hey your KD had 30 Pts, 17 Rebs, 6 Ast, 2 Stl, 2 Blk and 12 FTM on 47% thats no slouch and my Brow had 45 Pts, 17 Rebs, 3 Ast, 2 Stl, 2 Blk 1 Three, and 10 FTM on 54%

Really every pick in the first round has been pretty incredible in the first few games
    Last edited by RCRanger03; 10-28-2016 at 11:26 PM.

man karl towns sucks, does anyone want him

We tried this in the baseball league and it went horribly. beer ignored his team for big chunks of time every year, and after bringing it up year after year I finally put it to a vote. He was unanimously voted out in short order. He of course was MIA for all of this, because he was never paying attention. Once someone brought it to his attention that he'd been voted out, he came storming into the thread going berserk on me as if A)it was my fault that he ignored his team, and B)as if I had solely voted him out.

He spent the entire season bitching about/talking $#@! to me whenever he decided to post in the thread (a thread which he'd perennially ignored). Literally 90% of his posts for the entire 6 month season were angry, bitter, $#@!-talking posts. Everyone else in the league gets along and has some playful back-and-forth $#@! talking, and then we have beer raging on me every week and constantly chiming in about how he doesn't know what's going on because he's too busy ignoring his team. Everyone agreed it was the least fun season yet.

So yeah, good luck trying to hold anyone accountable. Have fun with that.
    Beer is in the fantasy basketball league?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Knight View Post
    man karl towns sucks, does anyone want him
    If serious, make me an offer

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast