+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016-17 shaggy fantasy basketball league

Cross him off then?

Burnt Orange Weenie BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange's Avatar
    i really don't know what to do. the league obviously works better if everyone manages their team on a regular (ideally daily) basis, but the guy did pay his entry fee so i don't really feel right about kicking him out midseason.

I think this kind of inactivity was discussed earlier in the thread.

asshat Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka's Avatar
    He's completely ignored his team for weeks; we had more people wanting to sign up than could play. No one made him sign up, skip the draft, and then ignore his team; he's gotta go.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka View Post
    He's completely ignored his team for weeks; we had more people wanting to sign up than could play. No one made him sign up, skip the draft, and then ignore his team; he's gotta go.
    This was my suggestion before the season

Quote Originally Posted by RCRanger03 View Post
    I agree that 3rd place should only be money back, and Playoff 1st should get $300 or regular season winner should get $150 (because its technically the hardest feat)

As the structuring issue. It's unavoidable that some in the league will have a easier schedule than others, so as long as it's just randomized thats as fair as it's gonna get. That's why people who bow out and don't set their schedules are truly peckerwoods. It's one thing to have a crappy team or week that loses 3-8-1, and another and very $#@!ty thing to lose 0-11-1 because you didn't even play your guys. Honestly if they don't play through the regular season they shouldn't be invited back (extenuating circumstances excluded).

Also BO a suggestion on that front:
    If anyone does stop setting their schedule for a 2 or 3 weeks (and wont respond to negs, cajoling, or internet threats) I think we should establish that this thread can crowd source agree on how to fill out their roster for the week on Monday (except the team they're playing against), and then BO can use Commish powers to make those changes (only that no trading off/dropping non injured players or anything). This will mitigate the damage that team can do to the outcome of the regular season.

asshat Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka Shaggy Silver Club Derka's Avatar
    Let's do that. BO should be able to add himself as a second owner and at least be able to fill out his lineups for the week. I'd be willing to do it as well.

Burnt Orange Weenie BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange's Avatar
    yeah i'm cool with that (assuming i can actually do it).

You should be able to at least set his lineup.

$#@!in tuesdays

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    yeah i'm cool with that (assuming i can actually do it).
    dibs on james harden

asshat capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81's Avatar
    $#@! that. I get Harden.

Quote Originally Posted by capn81 View Post
    $#@! that. I get Harden.
    too late i already put in the trade request

Patty Mills is more than a fair trade for Harden. Done.

asshat capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81's Avatar
    Veto

Good point. I'll need more than just Harden for Mills.

Fill in manager is good idea, and as far as the dues, refund his money if a replacement pays in. Or partial refund, partial buy in. Yeah, the replacement guy inherits a record that kind of sucks, but it's early in the season. The year I won it all, I suuuucked but turned it around once I figured out how to run a team, work waivers, etc. they could too.

I noticed he was absent middle of my match with him last week but I figured hey, work, family, commitments, Yada yada

i'm gonna look into setting his lineup.

the trade i offered him was KD and mccollum for harden btw.

also it sucks that he had the 1st pick and autodrafted because i seriously doubt he was going to take harden #1 and i know michael knight wasn't taking him at #2 so he should have been all mine at #3.

i'm gonna look into setting his lineup.

the trade i offered him was KD and mccollum for harden btw.
    I offered him Russ + someone for Harden and Milsap. Obviously never heard back.

got his roster set for wednesday. al horford, who has been playing for about a month now, is no longer on his IR.

but i can already tell that this is going to be a pain in the ass to keep up with daily so here is what i'll do:

if someone new wants to take over his team for a half entry fee ($25), i will let them do it and send $25 back to vin2basketball. there are actually some really good players on that roster and it needs to be managed. lots of guys i'm sure several of us would be interested trading for.

asshat Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps's Avatar
    Yall should've just left it alone and booted him at end of season.

asshat RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson's Avatar
    but i can already tell that this is going to be a pain in the ass to keep up with daily so here is what i'll do:

if someone new wants to take over his team for a half entry fee ($25), i will let them do it and send $25 back to vin2basketball. there are actually some really good players on that roster and it needs to be managed. lots of guys i'm sure several of us would be interested trading for.
    You can set his lineup for the week. Wont take that long. Yes it means you are not actively working waiver wire and are only dealing with injuries on a weekly basis, but it at least makes it some what a competitive team.

*** I have no idea what the commissioner interface looks like when trying to do this so it could be a bigger pain compared to the regular user setup.
    Last edited by RexWilson; 12-07-2016 at 11:09 AM.

I've had 1-2 players get hurt every single week this year. Anyone else dealing with this, or did I just draft a bunch of gimps?

I lost George for a while and now Conley is out. Other players I've picked up along the way have been hurt, too (Nick Young, Will Barton and Tyler Johnson).

I drafted a bunch of gimps, but they have mostly stayed injury free.

I guess I'll choose to be happy that none of them have been major injuries. Been frustrating to lose categories by small margins when key players miss 2-3 games, but it's better than a long-term injury. This league is so tight this year (aside from Vin and the teams who snaked 10 wins playing him) that I should have ample time to make up for those close losses.

my team was absolute trash this week, like more than usual

Weird week for me. I looked at the box score on Wednesday and it was 5-6-1 and I could tell even then that the score wouldn't change the rest of the week barring someone getting a TD. Thanks a lot Marc Gasol...

Anyone looking for assists? If so, let me know.

unfortunately, at 25-52 his team pretty much has zero chance of making the playoffs, otherwise I might pay the $25 and take over the team.

If it helps you BO, if you want to make me a co-owner of the team I can help you manage the team and set lineups, etc, either every other week, every other month, etc. I haz plenty of time on my hands.

plus I can make some serious trade rape trades that strengthen team TBNL and.....wait....am I using my inner voice...?
    No but seriously, unless someone buys in/takes over I can help manage the team.

I say we give tbnl the team, punt on the money, and then if he makes the playoffs maybe we revisit that.

I vote for a supplemental draft based on record! I will get pick one since my team is trash.

asshat MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10's Avatar
    Weird week for me. I looked at the box score on Wednesday and it was 5-6-1 and I could tell even then that the score wouldn't change the rest of the week barring someone getting a TD. Thanks a lot Marc Gasol...
    You lost to my $#@!ty team? Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    You lost to my $#@!ty team? Ouch
    That $#@!ing Marc Gasol triple double was the difference. He'll finish his career with exactly 1 triple double, and he did it against me.

asshat MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10's Avatar
    That $#@!ing Marc Gasol triple double was the difference. He'll finish his career with exactly 1 triple double, and he did it against me.
    Oh im sure Lebron James was 1 jr swish brick away from a triple double so it wouldn't have mattered.

bunghole vin2basketball grows his own roses vin2basketball grows his own roses vin2basketball grows his own roses vin2basketball grows his own roses vin2basketball grows his own roses vin2basketball grows his own roses vin2basketball grows his own roses vin2basketball grows his own roses vin2basketball grows his own roses vin2basketball grows his own roses vin2basketball grows his own roses
    My b on the lineup thing - I was in India with $#@!ty internet for the last month and got out of touch w. the NBA. My ESPN email was also my old work email which got wiped out of existence. Just set my lineup for a month or so - if you want to propose trades, I'm now open to them

Glad to see my Lineup changes for today saved.

Quote Originally Posted by vin2basketball View Post
    My b on the lineup thing - I was in India with $#@!ty internet for the last month and got out of touch w. the NBA. My ESPN email was also my old work email which got wiped out of existence. Just set my lineup for a month or so - if you want to propose trades, I'm now open to them
    awesome! glad you're back.

The $#@! at this trade?

scraps got scraps

I got Patty Mills, a banged up Vucevic and Mason Plumlee. Think I can get Lebron for that?

asshat Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps's Avatar
    Yall have all had the opportunity to propose a trade for Curry hes been on the block for like 3 weeks now

Not my fault yall don't want him

I don't think it's that bad of a trade. If Favors continues to struggle with health/production and Evans comes back like his old self then Scraps wins the trade easily.

Favors/evans is an IR wash.

Basically its me getting 2 players for curry (which dragic doesnt suck) to stop having to play one of the other losers on my team.

Quote Originally Posted by HornsN04 View Post
    I got Patty Mills, a banged up Vucevic and Mason Plumlee. Think I can get Lebron for that?
    Only if you throw in miles

I got evan turner and wesley matthews to trade for curry so i'm gonna vote this trade down

I don't think it's that bad of a trade. If Favors continues to struggle with health/production and Evans comes back like his old self then Scraps wins the trade easily.
    Given my trade history in this league, this is exactly what will happen. I see that Curry just went 2/14 for 8pts in 34 minutes last night, so I've got that going for me.

$#@! you blake griffen

To all you haters on my trade, jokes on you it been horrible for me so far lol

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast