+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016-17 shaggy fantasy basketball league

Burnt Orange Weenie BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange's Avatar

2016-17 shaggy fantasy basketball league

it's getting to be about that time of year again with the nba season tipping off in less than a month.

last year we expanded to 12 and i think we'll keep it at that # again this year. we definitely have 1 spot open because TBNL never paid last year and ignored every PM i sent him on the matter, so $#@! him he's out. (also, because of that i am going to ask that everyone pay in advance this year -- just sometime between now and the draft).

season starts on tuesday 10/25 so i am looking at having the draft on thursday 10/20, sunday 10/23 or monday 10/24, whatever the majority prefers.

if you played last year and want back in, you're in (aside from TBNL). if you didn't and would like to this year, there is at least one spot open and maybe more if some more people drop out. (entry fee is only $50).

so who's in/out this year?

asshat MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10's Avatar
    im in

asshat Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps's Avatar
    In....monday/24th is best for me or sunday/23rd (7pm or later) would work too

No on the 20th-22nd plz

Burnt Orange Weenie BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange's Avatar
    i know capn81 is in as well so that is 5 of last year's 11 eligible participants.

i'm guessing a lot of people aren't looking at the basketball board a lot this time of the year so i start sending out PM's later in the week.

asshat capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81's Avatar
    I am in. Any Monday through Thursday night works for me.

If there is room, I'll take a spot.

asshat RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson's Avatar
    I'm back and ready to not make the playoffs for the 4th time.

Cade, I just wired you $50 thru PayPal for my delinquent dues.

$#@!, sorry man, I honestly thought I was paid up, you had sent a PM, my email had a League Safe $100 payment request, I paid it thinking it was you. And I just went back and looked at the old thread and realized my mistake, the league had been set up as a PayPal deal.

Not to make excuses, but Fall of 2015 my marriage started to fall apart and things got a little crazy.

Anyway, check your PayPal account. Funds should be there. Sorry for the inconvenience and frustration I caused you because of my $#@! up.

asshat capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81 Shaggy Bronze Club capn81's Avatar
    I hope things are better now TBNL.

dibs on not last place

yeah hope things are better now TBNL. sometimes i forget that real life comes in to play at times and whats going on on shaggy isn't really all that important. you're free to play in the league again this year if you want, you've been in for a couple of years now and i'd like this league to keep the same cast of characters for the most part.

hornsn04, you can most likely take derka's spot as he no longer posts here.

in for sure from last year:

me
    mn longhorn
    scraps
    michael knight
    capn81
    rex wilson

still waiting to hear from:
    troy mcclure
    sooner
    tbnl
    rc ranger
    vin2basketball
    derka (probably out since he doesn't post here anymore)

taking a spot if/when one opens up:
    hornsn04

troy mcclure is in. will pm sooner, rc ranger and vin2basketball soon. hope to have all of this figured out by the weekend as we're only 3 weeks(!) away from the start of the season.

Cade, that's awful big of you to offer to let me back in. Much appreciated, and thanks for the kind thoughts. This league helped keep me sane, glad to be back. Just sent the entry fee. Let's do this!

Time for a repeat!

Forgot to add....I'm good with any of the draft dates mentioned earlier. I'm easy, y'all figure the date, I'll show.

it's either going to be the sunday or monday right before the season begins, probably monday.

something like 8:00 or 9:00 central time.

asshat Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps's Avatar
    Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    in for sure from last year:

me
    mn longhorn
    scraps
    michael knight
    capn81
    rex wilson
    troy mcclure
    tbnl
    hornsn04

still waiting to hear from:
    rc ranger
    vin2basketball
    updated

is derka not in?

i have absolutely no way of contacting him.

i have absolutely no way of contacting him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derka View Post
    Oops, I lied. One last post before I hang up.

I've been on Hornfans and shaggy since 2002. 14+ years of my life spent with you $#@!s, many of whom have been here just as long if not longer. I'm a founding member of the shaggy fantasy baseball and basketball leagues (BO- I'm in again this year).

Derka out.
    i'd assumed he contacted you but its derka so why would he. He will of course blame you for not having read 1 line in his latest novella

Working 2 jobs... 2nd baby on the way... currently have no time or money?

atta boy.

and, no, i had not seen that last post by derka, but he didn't contact me and i don't know how to contact him.

I work until 8pm central on Sundays so i vote for a 9pm draft if that has any bearing on the decision

asshat MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10's Avatar
    derka was business partners with henry gandorf at one point.

I'm still in. I'm not only a founding member, I've been co-commissioner since this league's inception, and I won the regular season and went to the championship last year. I'm in, as always. I can't send pm's, and technically I'm banned so I'm not supposed to be posting. I'm still in for the league though.

I'm still in. I'm not only a founding member, I've been co-commissioner since this league's inception, and I won the regular season and went to the championship last year. I'm in, as always. I can't send pm's, and technically I'm banned so I'm not supposed to be posting. I'm still in for the league though.
    Don't worry I'll still send you copious crappy trade offers

here are this year's participants:

me
    mn longhorn
    scraps
    michael knight
    capn81
    rex wilson
    troy mcclure
    tbnl
    rc ranger
    vin2basketball
    derka
    hornsn04

(basically we traded sooner for hornsn04).

draft will be monday night, october 24th at 9:00 pm central time. i'd still like to get everyone to pay before the season begins. paypal address is cade747@gmail.com

i need derka and TBNL to both get me an email address. i accidently deleted both of your teams while trying to delete sooner and add hornsn04.

everyone else who played last year should be able to just log on to espn.com and your team should already be there.

Let's do this

here are this year's participants:

me
    mn longhorn
    scraps
    michael knight
    capn81
    rex wilson
    troy mcclure
    tbnl
    rc ranger
    vin2basketball
    derka
    hornsn04

(basically we traded sooner for hornsn04).

draft will be monday night, october 24th at 9:00 pm central time. i'd still like to get everyone to pay before the season begins. paypal address is cade747@gmail.com
    payment sent

Since Michael Knight will be using his 1st or 2nd pick on Andrew Wiggins, Ill offer you a 2018 3rd rd pick and this years 1st for him

draft order (done by putting everyone's name in one hat and # in a different hat then drawing a name and number at the same time):

1 - vin2basketball
    2 - michael knight
    3 - bigorange
    4 - derka
    5 - scraps
    6 - mnlonghorn
    7 - capn81
    8 - rc ranger
    9 - tbnl
    10 - rex wilson
    11 - troy mcclure
    12 - hornsn04

get to mocking!

asshat RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RexWilson's Avatar
    I don't think I have picked higher than 6 since we have been doing this.

$#@!. Wiggins goin second

BO-check your pm's please

$#@! is rigged.

Quote Originally Posted by HornsN04 View Post
    $#@! is rigged.
    I agree because i finally didnt get 10 or lower

Quote Originally Posted by HornsN04 View Post
    $#@! is rigged.
    Don't worry. Tim Duncan will still be available at the 12th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    $#@!. Wiggins goin second
    I heard he was good

get to mocking!
    Okay.

Scraps drafts almost as good as my grandmama.

draft order (done by putting everyone's name in one hat and # in a different hat then drawing a name and number at the same time):

1 - vin2basketball
    2 - michael knight
    3 - bigorange
    4 - derka
    5 - scraps
    6 - mnlonghorn
    7 - capn81
    8 - rc ranger
    9 - tbnl
    10 - rex wilson
    11 - troy mcclure
    12 - hornsn04

get to mocking!
    Gonna get one of Russ, KD, Bron, Steph, or AD. Not mad at that.

So, who all has won this league before? I won the regular season last year and got runner up in the end, although I have won (a couple of times?) in the past. Anyone have any all-time standings? I wanna say the first year we did this was the year I drafted Bron, Russ, and BG who all finished top 5 on the PR, but that may have been another league. Suffice to say I ran away with that one.
    Last edited by Derka; 10-10-2016 at 10:53 PM.

Yea man. Pick Anthony Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by To be named later View Post
    Don't worry. Tim Duncan will still be available at the 12th pick.
    He'll get picked at 11 and it will $#@! up my entire draft.

Gonna get one of Russ, KD, Bron, Steph, or AD. Not mad at that.

So, who all has won this league before? I won the regular season last year and got runner up in the end, although I have won (a couple of times?) in the past. Anyone have any all-time standings? I wanna say the first year we did this was the year I drafted Bron, Russ, and BG who all finished top 5 on the PR, but that may have been another league. Suffice to say I ran away with that one.
    I think i got 2nd two years ago...don't remember who won

Quote Originally Posted by Scraps View Post
    I think i got 2nd two years ago...don't remember who won
    Actually just looked back and I wasn't even close....I had best record 3 years ago in regular season then $#@! the bed in the playoffs and finished 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Yea man. Pick Anthony Davis.
    I hope you don't want KAT

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast