+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016-17 Houston Astros Offseason Thread

asshat js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum
    Nori Aioki?

Anal fissures 2.0

bunghole Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Looks like we claimed Aoki off waivers. Lunhow also said that decisions on options for Neshek and Gattis will be announced tomorrow.
    Last edited by Horny Bull; 11-03-2016 at 06:29 PM.

Official 2016-17 Houston Astros Offseason Thread

I likey. LH contact hitter. Can play all 3 OF spots. Struck out 45 times in 467 ABs in 2016. Last 5 years:

Last edited by tonytexan; 11-03-2016 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Horny Bull View Post
    Looks like we claimed Aoki off waivers. Lunhow also said that decisions on options for Neshek and Gattis will announced tomorrow.
    I'm guessing Neshek is sent packing and Gattis' option is picked up

asshat Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore's Avatar
    We're gonna win the whole $#@!in thing.

bunghole Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horny Bull can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooder View Post
    I'm guessing Neshek is sent packing and Gattis' option is picked up
    That's what I was thinking

bunghole Guadaloopy slams and goes hard. Guadaloopy slams and goes hard. Guadaloopy slams and goes hard. Guadaloopy slams and goes hard. Guadaloopy slams and goes hard. Guadaloopy slams and goes hard. Guadaloopy slams and goes hard. Guadaloopy slams and goes hard. Guadaloopy slams and goes hard. Guadaloopy slams and goes hard. Guadaloopy slams and goes hard. Guadaloopy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Horny Bull View Post
    Looks like we claimed Aoki off waivers. Lunhow also said that decisions on options for Neshek and Gattis will be announced tomorrow.
    Neshek is still a solid bullpen arm and could provide value in a trade next season, which offsets the cost of his option. I'm betting both options are exercised.

The Aoki move looks to me like Zobrist envy.

asshat WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club
    Yeah I think Neshek will be back too. I hope so at least, he's mostly been good and the contract isn't too bad.

asshat jshep34 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jshep34 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jshep34 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jshep34 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jshep34 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jshep34 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jshep34 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jshep34 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jshep34 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jshep34 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jshep34 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jshep34's Avatar
    Here is to a great off season. Make some smart moves and get back in playoffs.
    Side note , julia's boyfriend turns 4 tomorrow. He wants to go to mmp.

asshat NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA's Avatar
    aoki is a very solid pickup. nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by Scraps View Post
    I got an autographed baseball by guy in middle if you want it for $5 StrosOverHoes
    throw in an autograph from guy on the right and you got a deal.

I remember that dude but cant think of his name.

Quote Originally Posted by StrosOverHoes View Post

Left to right: Harrell, Lyles, Maxwell

asshat TheGOAT Shaggy Silver Club TheGOAT Shaggy Silver Club TheGOAT Shaggy Silver Club TheGOAT Shaggy Silver Club TheGOAT Shaggy Silver Club TheGOAT Shaggy Silver Club TheGOAT Shaggy Silver Club TheGOAT Shaggy Silver Club TheGOAT Shaggy Silver Club TheGOAT Shaggy Silver Club TheGOAT Shaggy Silver Club TheGOAT's Avatar

Fortunately? I have all those guys on one ball....fortunately?

I'm fine with this. Not a bad backup catcher along with his DH role. I'm sure his defense will improve with a spring training under his belt.

Brian McTaggart ‏@brianmctaggart 7m7 minutes ago Irving, TX
    Astros have picked up the 2017 option for C/DH Evan Gattis. "I'm excited to be back," he said. He'll make $5.2 million next year.

asshat Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps's Avatar
    No brainer

bunghole Landon Landon Landon Landon Landon Landon Landon Landon Landon Landon Landon
    Dexter Fowler declining his mutual option, might be a good sign

asshat LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club
    I don't want Fowler even if he's an on-paper improvement

bunghole Landon Landon Landon Landon Landon Landon Landon Landon Landon Landon Landon
    Why not?

Yeah I have no problem signing Fowler if he wants to come back to Houston

Yeah I have no problem signing Fowler if he wants to come back to Houston

If we're going to run with Aoki as the every day LF I think that's a really bad move. Fowler's been much better defensively in Chicago, but a lot of that can be attributed to the rest of the OF being much more athletic. His numbers were pretty atrocious both in Colorado and Houston. But if the plan for Aoki is trade bait or a 4th OF, I'm all in on it. Fowler is a huge upgrade at the plate and we could really use his OBP skills.

Also, as I recall it, the bad blood was because we wanted to play him in LF instead of CF. That may not be an issue this time around, since he's not going to be as concerned about building value for free agency. If we could nab Fowler on a 4/60 or maybe even as high as 4/70 deal I'd be for it. I'd be much more excited about bringing Dex back than going after Red$#@!.

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    Cotillo:

Phillies acquire reliever Pat Neshek from the Astros for PTBNL or cash.

asshat Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps Probably Shaggy upper class Scraps's Avatar
    Always $#@!ing trading with Philly

asshat js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by tonytexan View Post
    I'm fine with this. Not a bad backup catcher along with his DH role. I'm sure his defense will improve with a spring training under his belt.

Brian McTaggart ‏@brianmctaggart 7m7 minutes ago Irving, TX
    Astros have picked up the 2017 option for C/DH Evan Gattis. "I'm excited to be back," he said. He'll make $5.2 million next year.

Hopefully PTBNL is Appel for the lulz

asshat LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Why not?
    Limited upside for the dollars and would prefer the at bats go to someone more talented or a prospect.

What do yall think happens with Marisnick now that Aioki is signed? If Rasmus is on his way out that could open up the 4th spot for him. If they sign another outfielder, such as Fowler, then i got to think Jakes gone.

Left to right: Harrell, Lyles, Maxwell

Thats right. I forgot all about jordan lyles. I thought he was gona be our ace but now he's in pitchers purgatory playing in colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGOAT View Post
    Fortunately? I have all those guys on one ball....fortunately?
    well 5 bucks is the going rate

What do yall think happens with Marisnick now that Aioki is signed? If Rasmus is on his way out that could open up the 4th spot for him. If they sign another outfielder, such as Fowler, then i got to think Jakes gone.
    Unless he is a significant piece of a trade, Marisnick will be on the 25 man roster. Assuming they acquire a star level OF, Marisnick makes a lot of sense as the 4th OF or in a LF platoon with Aoki.

asshat WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club
    The windmill's kid just threw a TD pass for Washington on a trick play.

Aoki's WAR numbers 2.3, 1.5, 2.2, 1.4, 1.2

Not bad. Gives the Astros some flexibility.

So now we have 3 of the 5 OFs for next year with Springer, Marisnick, and Aoki.

Edwin E will be tendered by the Jays

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tx 3 putt View Post
    Damn. Someone needs to do a spy style edit to this pic.

Why work in Japan when you have a wife like that?

Because everyone needs a laugh today:

Free agent outfielder Carlos Gomez will be seeking a long multiyear deal — perhaps even five years — on the free-agent market despite an uncharacteristically rocky 2016 season.

Gomez’ agent Scott Boras declined to discuss specifics, but others suggested he will seek a very long deal.

If he's willing to sign for 5 years - $10 million then sure

More like 5 years $10

asshat YChang might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? YChang might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? YChang might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? YChang might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? YChang might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? YChang might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? YChang might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? YChang might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? YChang might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? YChang might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? YChang might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    More like 5 years $10
    Still too much.

Quote Originally Posted by YChang View Post
    Still too much.
    He'd have to pay us way more than 10 bucks.

This guy is a big Valbuena fan apparently

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt's Avatar
    is that valbuena's agent ?

Is so valbuena for 3/21 in a heartbeat if tags is right that he will max at 7 or 8 and is unlikely to get 3 years. In a heartbeat. Nice insurance against injury, Reed/white sucking, left handed thump off the bench. I'd love him back unde those terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulaw Horn View Post
    Is so valbuena for 3/21 in a heartbeat if tags is right that he will max at 7 or 8 and is unlikely to get 3 years. In a heartbeat. Nice insurance against injury, Reed/white sucking, left handed thump off the bench. I'd love him back under those terms.
    I'm torn with Luis. When he's locked in, he's definitely a significant offensive piece, when he's not, he's unplayable. If he could give the Astros 140 games of a .816 OPS though, he would absolutely be worth 3/21-24.

asshat mez2 Probably Shaggy upper class mez2 Probably Shaggy upper class mez2 Probably Shaggy upper class mez2 Probably Shaggy upper class mez2 Probably Shaggy upper class mez2 Probably Shaggy upper class mez2 Probably Shaggy upper class mez2 Probably Shaggy upper class mez2 Probably Shaggy upper class mez2 Probably Shaggy upper class mez2 Probably Shaggy upper class mez2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tx 3 putt View Post
    is that valbuena's agent ?
    fifLV

It sucks that Keuchel and LMJ are such question marks going into next year. I'd feel a lot better about making a run next year without having to add a major piece if we could pencil them in as true 1-2 starters all year.

I think the chances that E^2 doesn't sign with the Red Sox or Yankees - or some other desperate franchise that gives him something stupid like the Pujols contract - are slim.

So it'll be interesting to know if any of our truly valuable major league pieces are going to be talked about over the winter meetings, or if Springer and Bergman are virtually untouchable.

I just don't see the Astros trading Springer, Altuve, Correa, or Bregman. That's your core. You build around them not trade them off, that's how you become the Pirates circa 1993-2012.

Quote Originally Posted by utgrad97 View Post
    I just don't see the Astros trading Springer, Altuve, Correa, or Bregman. That's your core. You build around them not trade them off, that's how you become the Pirates circa 1993-2012.
    Correa (and minor leaguers) for trout. Call the commissioner now.

Quote Originally Posted by utgrad97 View Post
    I agree, but if the White Sox would entertain a trade for Sale that has Springer as the major piece, I think you have to at least have the discussion.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast