+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016-2017 Texas Rangers Offseason Thread

asshat Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornfrenzy#1fan View Post
    Heyman— The Rangers will be extending the $17.2-million qualifying offer to ex-Nat Ian Desmond. They view him as a great player and even better person.
    I hope he is not our CF next year if he comes back.

asshat NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Mackey View Post
    I hope he is not our CF next year if he comes back.
    left field? dh? bat boy?

asshat Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey's Avatar
    Seems like the new stadium proposal is even worse than what they reported back in the summer. And it's far from a lock from passing as originally thought. Good for them. $#@! these greedy ass owners trying to swindle the citizens.

Back in June, WFAA-TV took a close look at the Texas Rangers’ proposal to build a new stadium in Arlington, which the city and team insist would be built with a 50-50 split of private and public money. WFAA-TV discovered an unprecedented clause in the proposal that proved the 50-50 promise to be horse$#@!, and now further investigating has revealed that the stadium deal is somehow even worse for taxpayers than previously thought.

The clause WFAA-TV discovered back in June had to do with admissions and parking taxes, a source of revenue that most stadium deals direct to the city in order to help defray its costs. The Rangers’ deal has all of that money going to the team, though, thus leaving the city to miss out on an estimated $300 million that could have been used to help pay its $500 million share of construction costs.

WFAA-TV has also discovered that the team will retain the naming rights to the stadium despite the fact that the city would technically own it. Those naming rights are worth an estimated $12 million annually. The team would also be raking in money from personal seat licenses, which carry an estimated value of $75 million over the course of the 30-year lease.

Add all that up with the interest the city will accrue by taking out bonds to pay its share, and you get a very bleak picture:

All told, the WFAA-TV projected price tag – including construction costs, interest on loans, lost revenue and giveaways – for Arlington totals $1.675 billion over the next three decades.
    Arlington residents will vote on whether to approve the stadium deal on Nov. 8. If you have friends that live there, please do what you can to convince them that the rich $#@!s who own the Rangers don’t need a $1.675 billion handout.

[WFAA-TV]
    http://deadspin.com/the-texas-ranger...ium=socialflow

asshat Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk's Avatar
    seeing Cleveland go to the WS makes this hurt so much more, I think we would have beat Cleveland to go. Of course I think the cubbies win it all this yr, so at least we avoiding $#@!ting ourselves in the WS

$#@! that talk. I'd rather go to the WS and lose than get swept in the DS.

asshat DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO's Avatar
    Rangers weren't going to beat any playoff team with that $#@!ty starting pitching. Playoffs are a whole different thing. No starters, no advance. Especially when your only "good" starters pitch like $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by DougO View Post
    Rangers weren't going to beat any playoff team with that $#@!ty starting pitching. Playoffs are a whole different thing. No starters, no advance. Especially when your only "good" starters pitch like $#@!.
    In Cleveland's case, good starter (singular).

Of course, Carrasco & Salazar are on the shelf.

I don't think Darvish gets traded during the offseason, but I bet he will at the trade deadline unless we're doing ridiculously good.

Seems like the new stadium proposal is even worse than what they reported back in the summer. And it's far from a lock from passing as originally thought. Good for them. $#@! these greedy ass owners trying to swindle the citizens.

http://deadspin.com/the-texas-ranger...ium=socialflow
    As much as I love the Rangers and would go to alot more games if they were in doors. If I lived in Arlington I wouldn't be voting for that $#@!.

asshat kingkoopa6 has a gigantic e-peen. kingkoopa6 has a gigantic e-peen. kingkoopa6 has a gigantic e-peen. kingkoopa6 has a gigantic e-peen. kingkoopa6 has a gigantic e-peen. kingkoopa6 has a gigantic e-peen. kingkoopa6 has a gigantic e-peen. kingkoopa6 has a gigantic e-peen. kingkoopa6 has a gigantic e-peen. kingkoopa6 has a gigantic e-peen. kingkoopa6 has a gigantic e-peen. kingkoopa6's Avatar
    I want a Chapman too

Have the Cubs officially thanked us yet for giving them Kyle Hendricks essentially for free?

asshat NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA's Avatar
    Essentially for free? We got almos a half season of $#@!ty Matt garza. That's thievery not free.

We handed them C.J. Edwards for the half a season of $#@!ty Matt Garza in 2013. For gifting them Hendricks we received half a $#@!ty season from Ryan Dempster in 2012.

Damnit. Having a good day until I saw those 2 names brought up. $#@! both Garza and Dempster. Those moves were the epitome of making a move for the sake of making a move. Not JDs best work

asshat longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    That's why I think he didn't make a move this deadline for mediocre starting pitching. JD learned his lesson the hard way.

I thought he did the correct thing this deadline. Those moves did spark us for the final stretch. Sucks that they all went cold at once. The whole offense did.

A mediocre pitcher we'd over pay for would not have mattered if Yu and Cole give you nothing.

Damnit. Having a good day until I saw those 2 names brought up. $#@! both Garza and Dempster. Those moves were the epitome of making a move for the sake of making a move. Not JDs best work
    He makes more good moves than bad ones.

asshat drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117's Avatar
    Even great GMs have bad moves. It's about learning from those mistakes and making more good moves.

Probably part of the reason they didn't get pitching at the deadline...too many good prospects sent off for limited returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Sack View Post
    He makes more good moves than bad ones.
    Well obviously. Never said he was a bad gm. Just that those moves were not his best work.

And there was no real pitchers to get at the deadline that was worth shelling out prospects.

asshat mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost's Avatar
    Evan_P_Grant: Hearing that report from @LaVelleNeal is dead-on accurate. Rangers expected to lose Thad Levine, who will become Twins GM. Report coming.

asshat Sgt. Slaughter Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt. Slaughter Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt. Slaughter Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt. Slaughter Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt. Slaughter Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt. Slaughter Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt. Slaughter Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt. Slaughter Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt. Slaughter Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt. Slaughter Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt. Slaughter Shaggy Bronze Club
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmost View Post
    Evan_P_Grant: Hearing that report from @LaVelleNeal is dead-on accurate. Rangers expected to lose Thad Levine, who will become Twins GM. Report coming.
    I wonder IF AJ Preller gets the boot in San Diego, will we bring him back into the fold.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    I wonder IF AJ Preller gets the boot in San Diego, will we bring him back into the fold.
    in a heartbeat.

asshat u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn's Avatar
    Busby out. Hooray!

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texa...ngers-tv-booth

Too bad Grieve and Raymond are coming back

asshat C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DougO View Post
    Correct. I thought the Indians were the best team in the AL until two of their top three starting pitchers got hurt right before the playoffs. I also think the Rangers were the 4th-best team playing in the ALDS based on our record in 1-run games and having such a miniscule run differential. We had a great year, yes, but we played in a $#@!-tastic division and probably got ousted when we should've especially when our #1-#2 starters completely $#@! the bed vs the Jays.

Quote Originally Posted by u2-horn View Post
    Busby out. Hooray!

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texa...ngers-tv-booth

Too bad Grieve and Raymond are coming back
    I did not mind Busby. Grieve needs to go, though. Especially with the lightened workload. Just find 2 guys who can handle it full time.

i wonder if they called josh lewin. i always really enjoyed his over the top homerism for the rangers.

Didn't Grieve kind of push for him to leave? I think he was too new school for him. I love Lewin.

What is he up to these days? I thought I saw he was doing Mets games.

thought it was the padres. or chargers nfl games. something.

Mets Chargers and Bruins.

Bring back Norm!

asshat C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOMAAA View Post
    i wonder if they called josh lewin. i always really enjoyed his over the top homerism for the rangers.
    Lewis was great. Old fuddy duddy Grieve, who I actually like, didn't "get" him.

Poor Busby. Bumped up from radio when Dave Barnett had a stroke on air. He'd probably still be on radio side if that hadn't happened.

Busby is more meant for radio. When you listen to him, he is describing everything on the field when as a tv guy, you don't need to. We can see it. But I like him much more than Grieve.

i dont recall, did it used to be busby and nadel on the radio? all i remember is nadel since he is the best.

asshat Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd's Avatar
    Mlbtraderumors saying Rangers are receiving trade interest for Derek Holland.

Good. Get him off the team. I doubt he will command much of a return, though.

asshat Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death's Avatar

2016-2017 Texas Rangers Offseason Thread

i dont recall, did it used to be busby and nadel on the radio? all i remember is nadel since he is the best.
    Mark holtz was the best.

I think busby was with sundberg the first time around, when grieve was still gm.
    Last edited by Duck of Death; 10-31-2016 at 09:39 PM.

Good riddance Derek. Take a hike. You're a bum.

asshat longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Good. Get him off the team. I doubt he will command much of a return, though.
    30 year old lefty with a few good seasons and a decent stretch last year. Also only making 11 million. He will definitely have value in this market.

that decent stretch was from may 8- june 11. it was an aberration. he sucks and i am glad to be rid of him. let him give up giant bombs for someone else. maybe the astros. yeah, the astros.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfrenzy#1fan View Post
    30 year old lefty with a few good seasons and a decent stretch last year. Also only making 11 million. He will definitely have value in this market.
    Got to love a job where you can make 11mill a year and being pretty bad at what you do. And people will actually consider that salary a bargain. Goes to show how ridiculous the contracts are getting in the mlb and nba.

New WFAA poll shows that the stadium is 42% for and 42% against right now.......

asshat drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117's Avatar
    I honestly hope it fails. I like the ballpark and a new one isn't really needed all that much. Yes the heat, but $#@! it.

I'd really just like Arlington to shove it after all the "save our team from Dallas!!!" Bill boards and commercials I've been bombarded with while driving around up there.

Got to love a job where you can make 11mill a year and being pretty bad at what you do. And people will actually consider that salary a bargain. Goes to show how ridiculous the contracts are getting in the mlb and nba.
    It's more a bargain because it only a one year commitment, but I agree Vic. Can't believe Ian Kennedy got 5/70 if I remember correctly.

MLB pays a premium for innings pitched, even if they are bad innings. That's why a guy like Jered Weaver is in the league.

I honestly wouldn't mind keeping a player of Hollands $#@!ty caliber, but I think Holland specifically and the Rangers are done, as they should be.

asshat DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO Shaggy Gold Club DougO's Avatar
    Josh and Grieve were great together. Was sorry to see him leave. The organization didn't seem to care for him so much. It's funny they didn't want to work with him over his work as voice of the Chargers, but they had their announcers taking extensive time off this season. It shouldn't have been any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by drew8117 View Post
    I honestly hope it fails. I like the ballpark and a new one isn't really needed all that much. Yes the heat, but $#@! it.

I'd really just like Arlington to shove it after all the "save our team from Dallas!!!" Bill boards and commercials I've been bombarded with while driving around up there.

Call their bluff. Dallas ain't gonna do $#@!, anyway. Otherwise, they would have had the Cowboys instead of the crack houses around the dump that is the Cotton Bowl.

What happens if it does not pass this time around?

I hope it fails, too. There is nothing wrong with our stadium. Dumb asses should have had a dome on it back then. TX weather has not changed. I could see if this stadium was on its last legs but they have did a lot of improvements over the years.

The Rangers drafted Kyle Hendricks in 2011 thinking he would pitch in the World Series. I guess they were right.

did we get $#@!ty ryan demster or $#@!ty matt garza for him? cant remember. thought it was garza.

cant fault jd for making a move in this window the rangers are in. and if it had worked out and we won the series that season, no one would care.

Well except those trades sucked and had no real shot to even work. Maybe an outside shot of Garza. Dempster was pathetic, though. I was on record of saying both of them would not work out.

Well except those trades sucked and had no real shot to even work. Maybe an outside shot of Garza. Dempster was pathetic, though. I was on record of saying both of them would not work out.
    dempster had a 2.25 era after 100ip when we got him from the cubs. and a 3/1 k/bb ratio. you did not know that it was going to drop to 2/1 and he would start sucking. same with garza. dude was having a great season prior to coming to texas. you knew he was going to regress as soon as he got to the ballpark? doubtful. were either of them worth the prospects they gave up for a rental player, no absolutely not. but you cant fault jd for trying to win either year.

Rangers pick up Lucroy option

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast