+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016-2017 Texas Rangers Offseason Thread

asshat Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey's Avatar
    I don't get the Cashner signing at all. Hell, might as well have just kept Holland for that same price. Both suck.

http://www.wfaa.com/mb/sports/to-err...exas/354712491

nice little farewell article about Dutch. decent read.

asshat NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA's Avatar
    nope. derek holland does not represent life itself. dont give that assbag any extra clicks.

derek holland was an unfocused pitcher with less drive to be great than a kia sportage. whatever interest he had in winning a championship waned after nellie's drop. he didnt care about baseball or his time with the rangers. that $#@! was a waste of a roster spot for the majority of his career in Texas.

pretty much exactly what the article said

asshat NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA's Avatar
    oh, well. haha. good.

Quote Originally Posted by NOMAAA View Post
    nope. derek holland does not represent life itself. dont give that assbag any extra clicks.

derek holland was an unfocused pitcher with less drive to be great than a kia sportage. whatever interest he had in winning a championship waned after nellie's drop. he didnt care about baseball or his time with the rangers. that $#@! was a waste of a roster spot for the majority of his career in Texas.
    So, he's a maybe on the resigning?

asshat Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey's Avatar

But he was so hilarious!!

asshat longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Cashner is basically an exact swap for Holland. JD has wanted Cashner for years, so he got what he wanted.

asshat longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    http://m.rangers.mlb.com/news/articl...erest-rangers/

Speculative article on the Rangers potentially landing Sale / Encarnacion / McCutchen.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfrenzy#1fan View Post
    http://m.rangers.mlb.com/news/articl...erest-rangers/

Speculative article on the Rangers potentially landing Sale / Encarnacion / McCutchen.
    really not happening/probably not happening / dont want.

really not happening/probably not happening / dont want.
    TR thinks Texas could land 2 of 3. Banny loves McCutchen like a son.

trading what it would take to get mccutchen is not something i am cool with. especially for a 30 year old player coming off a disaster of a season. we already have an aging outfielder playing below expectations. dont want another one.

trading what it would take to get mccutchen is not something i am cool with. especially for a 30 year old player coming off a disaster of a season. we already have an aging outfielder playing below expectations. dont want another one.
    Yeah McCutchen is declining, but everyone knows it. His value isn't very high. Gallo for McCutchen would get that done.

Yeah McCutchen is declining, but everyone knows it. His value isn't very high. Gallo for McCutchen would get that done.
    it might, but that would be a terrible move for the rangers. if gallo goes it needs to be with profar and others for a top of rotation starter that is under control for a number of years, like sale. trade darvish at the deadline and replenish the farm. do not trade your #1 prospect for an aging outfielder.

TR thinks Texas could land 2 of 3. Banny loves McCutchen like a son.
    who is TR

TR Sullivan

it might, but that would be a terrible move for the rangers. if gallo goes it needs to be with profar and others for a top of rotation starter that is under control for a number of years, like sale. trade darvish at the deadline and replenish the farm. do not trade your #1 prospect for an aging outfielder.
    I think it might even be less than Gallo if they decide to trade him now. Cutch's value is putrid. I would be fine with it depending on how other things unfold. I don't think he can play CF though.

I wish JD would move Darvish. It's not going to happen unless the Rangers are 15 games out at the deadline, but some team would pay a lot at it would be helpful.

I've been wanting to trade Darvish. He's never going to be that guy you can count on as an ace. At least not here. You need to get something for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Mackey View Post
    I've been wanting to trade Darvish. He's never going to be that guy you can count on as an ace. At least not here. You need to get something for him.
    I'm on board with this. he hasn't been the best when it mattered but I think he would command quite a bit in a trade, preferably to a sucker GM.

asshat Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ignatius's Avatar
    I'm totally down with trading Darvish. He's gonna hit the DL again next year, throws too many pitches, and isn't resigning her anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
    I'm totally down with trading Darvish. He's gonna hit the DL again next year, throws too many pitches, and isn't resigning her anyway....
    Exactly. I never bought into his hype. He's good but nowhere near what you have to spend to keep him and like you said, he will guaranteed to be hurt. He doesn't have that "it" factor when it comes to the big games you need.

Well there went my hopes for taijuan walker. Good pickup for the dbacks. Jean segura should flourish in safeco.

Well there went my hopes for taijuan walker. Good pickup for the dbacks. Jean segura should flourish in safeco.
    Yeah I wish Rangers could have landed Walker too.

Love this trade for the Dbacks. I think the M's kind of got screwed, but if Segura can keep up his 5.0 war it will be worth it for them.

DBacks now have Zack Greinke, Shelby Miller, Patrick Corbin, Robbie Ray, Taijuan Walker, Rubby De La Rosa, Braden Shipley and Archie Bradley in the mix for their rotation.

Gotta wonder if they ship one of those guys off now. Would love Bradley on the Rangers, especially over A.J. Griffin.

I would love one of those guys in a trade. Would've loved walker more. Do not want Miller. Segura will be a boss in that park. M's might be a good bet in the west as a long shot.

Rich Hill has four teams that are all "in" full pursuit of him and they are the Yankees, Dodgers, Rangers and Astros. It is believed that the Red Sox and Orioles are the two other teams that are in the mix to a lesser degree.

Jim Bowden, ESPN Senior Writer

no thanks. also, that cespedes deal today I think puts the rangers out of the picture on gomez coming back. if they pay that guy more than 2/20 they dumb. i'd take a long look at the dodgers outfield situation and see if i could flip profar for one of those young guys. puig is so young and could be so good. profar's is arbitration eligible and a free agent after 2020 according to baseball reference. man, id like to see them make a run at puig.

it was pointed out to me that profar is a free agent AFTER the 2019 season concludes. not after 2020. baseball reference is kind of dumb that way or more likely its my backward ass thinking. thank you for pointing out my error.

Reports that Andrew McCutchen will likely be moved this offseason. Nationals and Rangers mentioned as the primary suitors.

id take that.

How much has he declined? I don't watch much NL baseball besides the playoffs. How much better will be in CF than Desmond was?

How much has he declined? I don't watch much NL baseball besides the playoffs. How much better will be in CF than Desmond was?
    I didn't watch a single Pirates game last year, but per metrics, he was the worst defensive CF in the game.

But he has been alright before. Some speculate that he is just playing way too shallow like Fowler was, and it is $#@!ing him up.

But he has been alright before. Some speculate that he is just playing way too shallow like Fowler was, and it is $#@!ing him up.
    If that's the case, I'd rather keep Gomez for CF.

What is the status on him?

If that's the case, I'd rather keep Gomez for CF.

What is the status on him?
    Haven't read anything on Gomez outside of him wanting a multiyear deal.

Why reportedly available Andrew McCutchen is not great fit for Rangers center field hole (Evan Grant):

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texa...center-fielder

Snippet from the article:

The verdict from here is that the Rangers will still try to fill center field with a shorter-term deal with Carlos Gomez and, if that fails, I think they would turn towards more attractive defensive center such as Cincinnati's Billy Hamilton or the Chicago White Sox Adam Eaton. Both would be under club control longer than McCutchen, who has a club option for 2018, and both have salaries well below McCutchen's $14 million for 2017 (and $14.75 million option for 2018 with a $1 million buyout).

Would love to have eaton ain't cheatin.

Would love to have eaton ain't cheatin.
    Even though Grant suggests it, I don't think Eaton can play CF at a high level. He is a really good player, but was pretty mediocre whenever he played CF.

Billy Hamilton would be so $#@!ing sick. Anyone remember all those amazing catches he had last year against the Rangers in Cincinnati?

Kiermaier, Pillar, and then you could go Hamilton as the 3rd best defensive CF. No clue what it would take to land a guy like that though. Seemed like he finally learned how to hit last year and play to his strengths.
    Last edited by longhornfrenzy#1fan; 12-01-2016 at 09:02 AM.

Even though Grant suggests it, I don't think Eaton can play CF at a high level. He is a really good player, but was pretty mediocre whenever he played CF.

Billy Hamilton would be so $#@!ing sick. Anyone remember all those amazing catches he had last year against the Rangers in Cincinnati?

Kiermaier, Pillar, and then you could go Hamilton as the 3rd best defensive CF. No clue what it would take to land a guy like that though. Seemed like he finally learned how to hit last year and play to his strengths.
    yeah and i bet he would have fun with all the angles in the ballpark. lots of triples and inside the park dongers.

Damn, Tyson Ross was non-tendered today.

Cornin' the duckhole markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco's Avatar
    Beltran signed a 1 for 16 deal with astros. I thought in the hate lulz thread they said he sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by markstanco View Post
    Beltran signed a 1 for 16 deal with astros. I thought in the hate lulz thread they said he sucked.
    I really like that move. The Astros are $#@!ing stacked. If they can get some pitchers, they should be a legit WS contender.
    Last edited by longhornfrenzy#1fan; 12-03-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Jon Morosi @jonmorosi
    #Rangers negotiations with free agent Ian Desmond have intensified in recent days, source says. @MLB @MLBNetwork

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
    Ian Desmond, who recently turned 31, is expected to sign a 4-year deal, according to one source with knowledge of his market.

Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal
    Source confirms: #Rangers in talks with Desmond. Discussions “intensifying,” per @jonmorosi.

@Evan_P_Grant Evan Grant
    If there is a trade target in CF, I'd bet Hamilton is at the top of the list.

I'd rather have Gomez in CF than Desmond.

I'd rather have Gomez in CF than Desmond.
    yeah. Hopefully TR is right and the rest are wrong:

TR Sullivan ‏@Sullivan_Ranger
    Rangers in contact with their free agents but club officials on Saturday are far from optimistic anything will get done with Ian Desmond

Cornin' the duckhole markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco's Avatar
    If they can get some pitchers, they should be a legit WS contender.
    did I miss where they changed divisions and not have to play us as much?

I really like that move. The Astros are $#@!ing stacked. If they can get some pitchers, they should be a legit WS contender.
    I remember hearing this same thing last year about Houston. They are still the Astros.

If you want pure comedy, go look at some of the Astros trade suggestions in their thread. Someone seriously inquired about trading Colin Mchugh, Evan Gattis, Michael Feliz, and AJ Reed for Chris Archer.

Jon Heyman @JonHeyman
    Rangers, Jays still in play for Edwin Encarnacion. Plus, 2 NL teams have now called. (he's solid at 1B)

Buster Olney ✔ @Buster_ESPN
    On Encarnacion: Sources who familiar with him says Rangers could be an interesting match. Market leverage for EE appears to be dropping.

Jim Bowden's take: The Texas Rangers are the team to watch on Edwin Encarnacion as team president Jon Daniels is always opportunistic during market changes like he was last July when the Indians deal with Jonathan Lucroy fell apart and he swooped in to land him. The Indians are also a sleeper team if the market falls further. Encarnacion's smartest option might be to do what Yoenis Cespedes did last year -- take a three-year deal with an opt out after Year 1 so he can go back on the market next offseason.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast