+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Seinfeld: Just Finished the Series

asshat immortal13 Probably Shaggy upper class immortal13 Probably Shaggy upper class immortal13 Probably Shaggy upper class immortal13 Probably Shaggy upper class immortal13 Probably Shaggy upper class immortal13 Probably Shaggy upper class immortal13 Probably Shaggy upper class immortal13 Probably Shaggy upper class immortal13 Probably Shaggy upper class immortal13 Probably Shaggy upper class immortal13 Probably Shaggy upper class immortal13's Avatar
    I can't imagine not knowing what the George meme meant as many hundreds of times I've seen it on shaggy, besides the fact it's a classic

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
    Totally true, except the fact that she had a hit show six years before Veep.
    I don't care what the "ratings" may have said. nobody gave a frog's fat ass about that christine show

asshat Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future Man View Post
    I don't care what the "ratings" may have said. nobody gave a frog's fat ass about that christine show
    It might have been stock sitcom fare on CBS, IE an unremarkable show, that doesn't make it any less of a hit. And for a show "nobody gave a frog's fat ass about", the fact that it lasted 5 seasons says otherwise.

asshat Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom's Avatar
    The New Adventures of Old Christine show is worth keeping in your back pocket in case your wife or girlfriend ever starts getting antsy about how all you guys ever watch are your shows. It's not an all-time great or anything, but it's tolerable.

The cast of Friends also suffered from The Seinfeld Curse.

asshat Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron's Avatar
    No, they mostly suffered from sucking ass as actors.

asshat Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom's Avatar
    Well, yeah, but I was referring more to the difficulty they had in detaching themselves from the hugely popular roles they played. But that's a fair distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepuce of Doom View Post
    The New Adventures of Old Christine show is worth keeping in your back pocket in case your wife or girlfriend ever starts getting antsy about how all you guys ever watch are your shows. It's not an all-time great or anything, but it's tolerable.

The cast of Friends also suffered from The Seinfeld Curse.
    The Friends girls had decent careers afterwards. The guys never did $#@!, but LeBlanc and Schwimmer are terrible actors, Perry was on the cusp of a career but his drinking derailed it.

Jason Alexander is really the mystery. He carried Seinfeld and actually has some acting range, and never did $#@! afterward.
    Last edited by FondrenRoad; 10-23-2016 at 10:28 AM.

asshat Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SubliminalHorn View Post
    For reals. I would love to see his list if there are that many ahead of Seinfeld
    Cheers
    All In the Family
    The Simpsons
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    The Sopranos
    Breaking Bad
    The Shield
    The Wire

So really top 9. I'm including all genres.
    Last edited by Vic Mackey; 10-23-2016 at 10:49 AM.

asshat Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
    Totally true, except the fact that she had a hit show six years before Veep.
    I was about to say....TBNL maybe you want to like read the Internet a little bit more or something before coming on here with this stuff. And even if you want to argue as to whether a "hit" she won an acting Emmy for it in the first season and it rolled for 88 episodes so not a LONG time but certainly not short by television standards

Quote Originally Posted by FondrenRoad View Post
    Newman was on Seinfeld for 2 years before Jurassic Park.

Season 1 of seinfeld came out the year before Pretty Woman also.
    True, but Pretty Woman filmed before any Seinfeld episode except the pilot. Similarly, Jurassic Park started filming in August 1992 and Newman first appeared in Jan 1992, so presumably he was cast in Jurassic Park before appearing in Seinfeld and certainly before Newman became such a popular figure.

Point being, both these guys were established actors able to land pretty good roles before Seinfeld fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Surly Bevo View Post
    I was about to say....TBNL maybe you want to like read the Internet a little bit more or something before coming on here with this stuff. And even if you want to argue as to whether a "hit" she won an acting Emmy for it in the first season and it rolled for 88 episodes so not a LONG time but certainly not short by television standards
    You might want to read my first post where I specifically mentioned Old Christine.
    As far as if Christine was a hit or not I personally think it was and it broke the "curse" but it's really a moot point.
    The question was, has there been a spinoff from Seinfeld?
    Well, did a show featuring any Seinfeld character make it to TV soon after the Seinfeld finale? No.
    Did a show featuring any Seinfeld actor make it to TV soon after the finale? No.
    Several tried and failed, and it took 8 years for JLD to get on with Christine. That's why it was, and may or may not still be called the Seinfeld Curse.
    Last edited by To be named later; 10-23-2016 at 11:54 AM.

The thing I find amazing about Seinfeld is how much some of the early episodes.....well, sucked IMO, and did not get cancelled the first season.
    Last edited by To be named later; 10-23-2016 at 11:57 AM.

asshat Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by To be named later View Post
    The thing I find amazing about Seinfeld is how much some of the early episodes.....well, sucked.
    This. I almost bailed early on but heard it really hit it's stride about season 3 or 4.

asshat Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo's Avatar
    You might want to read my first post where I specifically mentioned Old Christine.
    As far as if Christine was a hit or not I personally think it was and it broke the "curse" but it's really a moot point.
    The question was, has there been a spinoff from Seinfeld?
    Well, did a show featuring any Seinfeld character make it to TV soon after the Seinfeld finale? No.
    Did a show featuring any Seinfeld actor make it to TV soon after the finale? No.
    Several tried and failed, and it took 8 years for JLD to get on with Christine. That's why it was, and may or may not still be called the Seinfeld Curse.
    LOL you senile $#@!...this is taken directly from your earlier post

The "But, she's on a hit show now and has won 5 Emmys" argument isn't valid just because she broke the curse, it ignores the fact that for 14+ years she was an example of the Seinfeld Curse

Quote Originally Posted by Surly Bevo View Post
    LOL you senile $#@!...this is taken directly from your earlier post
    LOL, do the math.

If several posters state Veep and the associated Emmys as proof, well, that's what I was specifically addressing.

Your turn....tell me about all the quality TV roles Seinfeld cast members got the first 8 years after the show ended.

I'll hang up and listen.

Don't hurt your back moving those goalposts.

asshat TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser's Avatar
    LOL, do the math.

If several posters state Veep and the associated Emmys as proof, well, that's what I was specifically addressing.

Your turn....tell me about all the quality TV roles Seinfeld cast members got the first 8 years after the show ended.

I'll hang up and listen.
    Jesus, you must have really liked 'Friends' There were two kinds of people in college, those that watched 'Friends' to cozy up to a chick they wanted to band. And those that watched 'Friends' because that Joey & Phoebe were just too whacky fun for prime-time...

There is a term for actors unable to become sitcom lead role stars following big success on an ensemble show. It's called "The Seinfeld Curse". So no, no spin offs.

Dreyfus had some luck with The New Christine, but overall none of the cast have done anything on TV. Or film for that matter.
    So whether we are looking at 8 years or 14 years, you guys consider that "following"?
    My interpretation of it, using a non-ensemble show as an example, Saul Goodman followed Breaking Bad with a direct spinoff prequel show featuring Mike, immediately following Breaking Bad, not 8-14 years later.

My point was more there was no Seinfeld spinoff, and the time between the finale and the first bite of success for a cast member was so long there became a term for it.

I get y'alls point, and I'll admit, even though I mentioned Christine perhaps my first post could be interpreted as saying no Seinfeld member has done squat since the finale.

I think we've discussed this to death.
    Cheers
    (the greeting, not the show which, ironically, is a show I absolutely despise and loathe.)

My point was more there was no Seinfeld spinoff, and the time between the finale and the first bite of success for a cast member was so long there became a term for it.
    So do you think that no network offered Seinfeld anything after coming off a huge hit show? I think he took his money and did whatever he wanted, which was mostly buying Porsches and just being himself.

No (I think he turned offers down) and I agree with the second part, he probably thought any other project would pale by comparison, and I recall him saying he wanted to go back to touring.
    Last edited by To be named later; 10-23-2016 at 02:26 PM.

Cheers
    (the greeting, not the show which, ironically, is a show I absolutely despise and loathe.)
    Care to elaborate on why? I finished up Cheers a few years ago and is one of my favorite shows of all time now. I loved the series finale. Much more than Seinfeld.

Jason Alexander is really the mystery. He carried Seinfeld and actually has some acting range, and never did $#@! afterward.
    he was mauricio in shallow hal. absolutely cheated out of a gold statue for that acting tour de force

Quote Originally Posted by VRHorn View Post
    This thread is dumb even by Vic's standards. JLD is probably on the funniest show on TV not named Silicon Valley, and he clearly doesn't understand the Larry David dynamic.
    Yeah you nailed it. I have Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm in my top 10 shows of all time but I clearly don't get the Larry David dynamic. I clearly stated I enjoyed the hell out of this show. The $#@! are you talking about?

The Friends girls had decent careers afterwards. The guys never did $#@!, but LeBlanc and Schwimmer are terrible actors, Perry was on the cusp of a career but his drinking derailed it.

Speaking of the Friends male stars, Joey and Chandler now have shows. I'm going to guess they will be terrible. They look like your run of the mill, generic comedy shows on network tv.
    Last edited by Vic Mackey; 10-23-2016 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Mackey View Post
    Speaking of the Friends male stars, Joey and Chandler now have shows. I'm going to guess they will be terrible. They look like your run of the mill, generic comedy shows on network tv.
    How many shows has Matthew Perry had since Friends? The odd couple, Mr sunshine, sunset studio or something like that, probably a few more?

Quote Originally Posted by Chikin23 View Post
    How many shows has Matthew Perry had since Friends? The odd couple, Mr sunshine, sunset studio or something like that, probably a few more?
    No idea. But I do know there was a Joey spin off right after Friends ended that was god awful. Cancelled after one season.

Back to Seinfeld, I just learned that Larry David did the voice of George Steinbrenner. No idea why I never picked that up, especially that I saw Curb well before this show un full.

asshat Sleepygrad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Sleepygrad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Sleepygrad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Sleepygrad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Sleepygrad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Sleepygrad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Sleepygrad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Sleepygrad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Sleepygrad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Sleepygrad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Sleepygrad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Sleepygrad's Avatar
    Kramer was in Airheads....think he won an oscar for that

Schwimmer just had a show on FX called Feed the Beast cancelled. Ironically, out of the 3 guys on the show, Leblanc, who was considered to have the least range (may be true) has had the best career. After taking 5 years off after Joey, he has multiple Emmy and GG nominations and a GG win for Episodes. He also now has a full time gig on Top Gear and a new show debuting on CBS (that looks bad).

Quote Originally Posted by Chikin23 View Post
    Go On as well. Perry's career probably apexed outside of Friends with The Whole Nine Yards. From there, it's been one cancellation after another. He sounds terrible if you see him in interviews. The booze and pills really got to him. Schwimmer's career never really took off after Friends. Again, LeBlanc has carved out a nice career post Friends which is probably a bit surprising.

asshat Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog Probably Shaggy upper class Underdog's Avatar
    When's Trouble Going To Find Me, I Ain't Hard To Find...
    Wasn't Schwimmer the voice for the giraffe in Madagascar? How many of those damn things did they make?

I thought Elaine was hilarious on Seinfeld.

I remember seeing Richards on Friday's with Melanie Chartoff, ABC's SNL knockoff.

asshat spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey's Avatar

asshat 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepygrad View Post
    Kramer was in Airheads....think he won an oscar for that
    Don't forget Problem Child

I keep hoping for a Bob Sacamano spinoff

asshat hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785 has a gigantic e-peen. hornfan785's Avatar

Care to elaborate on why? I finished up Cheers a few years ago and is one of my favorite shows of all time now. I loved the series finale. Much more than Seinfeld.
    Didn't particularly care much for Sam or Diane. I found Diane to be annoying as heck, Lilith too.

Perhaps I didn't give Cheers a fair shake, but it just didn't do anything for me. Plus I was not a fan of the shows leading up to and following Cheers, IMO formulaic sitcom crap. Fame, Family Ties, Cosby, A Different World, Gimmie a Break, so I kind of associated Cheers and the NBC Thursday lineup together as Not So Must See TV.

Jason Alexander was the most talented actor of the bunch. What was his non-cursed post-Seinfeld career supposed to look like? He's not exactly leading man material. He's more of a character actor and he went right back to doing the same kind of work after Seinfeld as he was doing before. (Although I'll bet for a higher fee.) Having a job that came along and gave him steady work for a decade that was hugely successful and made him a lot of money is hardly a curse. It's a blessing in the middle of a perfectly successful and respectable career. A career that is far from over. Is it a curse because he didn't go on to star in a sitcom of his own that equaled Seinfeld? If that's the case then maybe Kelsey Grammer is the only actor on a hit sitcom who wasn't "cursed" by the experience.

Michael Richards was small time before Seinfeld, best known for the TV show Fridays (which isn't saying much) and the Weird Al movie UHF (in which he killed). Kramer was the role of a lifetime for him and he nailed it. As an actor, he's best playing a weirdo. He's a supporting cast member, not a leading man. I never saw any of the short lived Michael Richards show. How could that not suck? But he got an opportunity he wouldn't have otherwise if not for Seinfeld. If you ask me, that's not a curse.

I don't see a Friends curse. A bunch of nobodies got together and co-starred in a wildly successful show and have all gone on to bigger and better things than they were doing before. Once again, more of a blessing than a curse.

The most successful role in any actor's career isn't a curse. It's only a curse if you wind up doing worse after the role than you were doing before. (Incidentally, Matt LeBlanc is starring in a new sitcom that I don't plan to watch, but he's still being blessed by his luck of getting cast as the good looking dumb guy on Friends.) Was there a M*A*S*H curse? Most of the co-stars on any successful show aren't going to go on to starring roles in big hits. There aren't enough of those roles to go around.

asshat mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini's Avatar
    I'd bang JLD

Uncle Leo says hello?

asshat TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser's Avatar
    ^
    I don't think I care for your demeanor...

asshat mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini's Avatar
    No one more familiar with those eyebrows than Vic

Tio Cholo Leo?

Quote Originally Posted by mulletpelini View Post
    No one more familiar with those eyebrows than Vic
    I laughed hard at this when I saw this episode.

asshat oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
    "A show about nothing."

An ingenious concept
    Yes... but somewhat less known and perhaps an even better descriptor than "a show about nothing" was the show's guiding principle, as conceived by Seinfeld and Larry David:

"No hugging. No learning."

asshat RD3 is a rep whore. RD3 is a rep whore. RD3 is a rep whore. RD3 is a rep whore. RD3 is a rep whore. RD3 is a rep whore. RD3 is a rep whore. RD3 is a rep whore. RD3 is a rep whore. RD3 is a rep whore. RD3 is a rep whore. RD3's Avatar
    Seinfeld is my favorite comedy of all time. I caught on in college [1993-1997] and then with syndication I have seen every episode many times over.

I have never sat down and watched it in order though. I have joked with a buddy who is a huge fan as well that it would blow my mind if an episode aired that I had never seen. Since I didn't watch it in order, there is a chance that there could be a gem. I guess I should check out the wiki page to see the episode list to confirm...

asshat RD3 is a rep whore. RD3 is a rep whore. RD3 is a rep whore. RD3 is a rep whore. RD3 is a rep whore. RD3 is a rep whore. RD3 is a rep whore. RD3 is a rep whore. RD3 is a rep whore. RD3 is a rep whore. RD3 is a rep whore. RD3's Avatar
    Denise Richards had a great scene...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezl_aqFdwbI

asshat Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder's Avatar
    JLD is great on Veep, and I love that show. It's the funniest thing currently on TV. That's all I'll say about that topic.

Getting back to the OP's request, I have a few things I would recommend. I haven't watched all of the deleted scenes, but I thought this was was a great addition to The Comeback episode:

It shows how things would have gone in George's head before the second confrontation. The little details of how it all goes so well, people love him and he has a full head of hair are great. The mind of George is an amazing thing throughout Seinfeld.

If you're interested in the history and behind the scenes stuff, this is a great documentary that came out with the original DVD release of the series back in the mid-2000s. It's slow, but an enjoyable lookback on how it came together. There are other interviews with cast members out there too, some are worth watching. Not sure which ones though, it has been a while since I watched it.

If you are familiar with the show and how it goes off in all directions, but neatly ties up all the loose ends, I recommend reading the fan-made 9/11 script. It's hilarious, true to the characters and every scene can be played out in your head. It would have made for the ultimate finale episode had they stuck around for another season or two, but it might have turned them into pariahs if it came too soon after 9/11 and they wouldn't want that. Well, Larry David might have, but nobody else.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B50...5CX0NMbkU/view

Lastly, Seinfeld is still making a show on Crackle called "Comedians in Cars getting Coffee." It's a casual show and more of a hobby for Jerry, but the one show I would highly recommend if you just finished Seinfeld is the episode with Larry David. I love Larry's personality and sense of humor since watching Curb. The two of them having a casual lunch is really funny.

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee....eats-a-pancake

asshat WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by RD3 View Post
    Denise Richards had a great scene...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezl_aqFdwbI
    It's like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it, it's too risky.

asshat C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man's Avatar
    Finally finished it up this evening. Probably top 7 shows all time for me. I was too young to really grasp the comedy of the show when it aired. I fell in love with Curb Your Enthusiasm and was told Seinfeld was a must watch if I liked that. I did like Curb a little better. Probably because they were allowed to do more than a show on NBC. No constraints.

The George in office meme posted on here so much finally makes sense haha. "Is that wrong, should I not have done that?".

George and Kramer were awesome. George is now one of my favorite tv characters of all time. Jerry and Elaine were meh.

I always knew Jerry's dad as the dad in King of Queens. He was great in both of these shows.

Is there any secondary material to watch like a behind the scenes documentary? Any spinoffs?
    Now you also get "not that there's anything wrong with that," "yadda, yadda, yadda" and "I was in the pool!!!!!!"

This is my favorite TV show of all time. Jerry was the straight guy that all the other crazy characters play off.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Man View Post
    Now you also get "not that there's anything wrong with that," "yadda, yadda, yadda" and "I was in the pool!!!!!!"

This is my favorite TV show of all time. Jerry was the straight guy that all the other crazy characters play off.
    "They're real and they're spectacular".

"Master of my own domain".

"No soup for you!".

"Those pretzels are making me thirsty".

"Festivus for the rest of us".

"Serenity now!".

"Hello...... Newman".

asshat C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man's Avatar
    And you want to be my latex salesman.

Ya gotta see the bay-bee!

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast