+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Seinfeld: Just Finished the Series

asshat Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey's Avatar

Seinfeld: Just Finished the Series

Finally finished it up this evening. Probably top 7 shows all time for me. I was too young to really grasp the comedy of the show when it aired. I fell in love with Curb Your Enthusiasm and was told Seinfeld was a must watch if I liked that. I did like Curb a little better. Probably because they were allowed to do more than a show on NBC. No constraints.

The George in office meme posted on here so much finally makes sense haha. "Is that wrong, should I not have done that?".

George and Kramer were awesome. George is now one of my favorite tv characters of all time. Jerry and Elaine were meh.

I always knew Jerry's dad as the dad in King of Queens. He was great in both of these shows.

Is there any secondary material to watch like a behind the scenes documentary? Any spinoffs?

asshat Patrick Swayze Definitely Shaggy upper class Patrick Swayze Definitely Shaggy upper class Patrick Swayze Definitely Shaggy upper class Patrick Swayze Definitely Shaggy upper class Patrick Swayze Definitely Shaggy upper class Patrick Swayze Definitely Shaggy upper class Patrick Swayze Definitely Shaggy upper class Patrick Swayze Definitely Shaggy upper class Patrick Swayze Definitely Shaggy upper class Patrick Swayze Definitely Shaggy upper class Patrick Swayze Definitely Shaggy upper class Patrick Swayze's Avatar
    Welcome to modern America.

asshat Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger's Avatar
    Have seasons 1-3 on dvd, every now and again, Seinfeld marathon.

asshat Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Welcome to modern America.
    Slowly making my rounds of shows I kept being told were must watch. Mad Men, The Sopranos, Seinfeld all watched in full. And a few others like Cheers and All In The Family.

There is a term for actors unable to become sitcom lead role stars following big success on an ensemble show. It's called "The Seinfeld Curse". So no, no spin offs.

Dreyfus had some luck with The New Christine, but overall none of the cast have done anything on TV. Or film for that matter.

asshat Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger has a gigantic e-peen. Dewey Oxburger's Avatar
    Wish Wings was still on netflix

Quote Originally Posted by To be named later View Post
    There is a term for actors unable to become sitcom lead role stars following big success on an ensemble show. It's called "The Seinfeld Curse". So no, no spin offs.

Dreyfus had some luck with The New Christine, but overall none of the cast have done anything on TV. Or film for that matter.
    Were any of them known much in the acting scene before Seinfeld?

About all I knew was Mr. Constanta was part of a big comedy duo in my parents day and Dreyfuss was for awhile part of the worst cast on SNL ever

asshat Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man's Avatar
    Dreyfuss was on SNL for like 15 seconds, and was one of the yuppie neighbors in Christmas Vacation. And, Veep now. Kramer was in UHF with Weird Al, which was... weird, but I remember thinking it was funny, but I saw it with a cute girl at that arty theater in River Oaks (?) when I was 18 so who knows. Putty has done a bunch of voice stuff. You should watch Archer, not that he had a huge role on that either, you just should. Arrested Development too. $#@!, that has Dreyfuss for a bit.

It's strange watching Seinfeld now, how... it's not dated the same way Cheers is, but it's getting a bit that way and it makes me feel old. I never really watched Seinfeld when it was on until the last episode for whatever reason, but it's in syndication so much I had seen every episode by the time I was out of high school.

Vic (or anyone)....thoughts on the finale?
    I thought it sucked. A little too much memory lane "how can we get X character on the witness stand for 15 seconds" with too little clever writing and laughs.
    Jerry, Elaine, Kramer and George were generic caricatures of their usual characters.
    Last edited by To be named later; 10-22-2016 at 02:44 AM.

I'm a huge fan of Arrested Development. Well except for the most recent season they released to Netflix. Not even close to the same quality of the first 3 seasons when it first aired.

Vic (or anyone)....thoughts on the finale?
    I thought it sucked. A little too much memory lane "how can we get X character on the witness stand for 15 seconds" with too little clever writing and laughs.
    Jerry, Elaine, Kramer and George were generic caricatures of their usual characters.
    I forgot to mention that. Did not like the finale at all. For the reasons you said. It was too forced to try and make it a reunion show. Did not unfold naturally. The whole premise was ridiculous and so was the ending. I was expecting a much better ending. That was just goofy. I was hoping it was more about the main characters and not about the secondary characters they were trying to showcase for one last time.

asshat Seasick Sailor is a rep whore. Seasick Sailor is a rep whore. Seasick Sailor is a rep whore. Seasick Sailor is a rep whore. Seasick Sailor is a rep whore. Seasick Sailor is a rep whore. Seasick Sailor is a rep whore. Seasick Sailor is a rep whore. Seasick Sailor is a rep whore. Seasick Sailor is a rep whore. Seasick Sailor is a rep whore. Seasick Sailor's Avatar

Um, Veep is great.

I keep hearing about Veep being great. Usually when I am that behind on a show, I just let it completely finish and then run through it at my own pace.

And I think he was talking in terms of right after Seinfeld ended, none of them piggybacked back that success to something else soon after. Veep was started almost 15 years after Seinfeld ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Welcome to late 20th century America.
    Fify.

asshat HornsN04 Definitely Shaggy upper class HornsN04 Definitely Shaggy upper class HornsN04 Definitely Shaggy upper class HornsN04 Definitely Shaggy upper class HornsN04 Definitely Shaggy upper class HornsN04 Definitely Shaggy upper class HornsN04 Definitely Shaggy upper class HornsN04 Definitely Shaggy upper class HornsN04 Definitely Shaggy upper class HornsN04 Definitely Shaggy upper class HornsN04 Definitely Shaggy upper class HornsN04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasick Sailor View Post
    Um, Veep is great.
    No $#@!. Veep is probably the funniest show out there right now.

bunghole Ben Tobin Shaggy Bronze Club Ben Tobin Shaggy Bronze Club Ben Tobin Shaggy Bronze Club Ben Tobin Shaggy Bronze Club Ben Tobin Shaggy Bronze Club Ben Tobin Shaggy Bronze Club Ben Tobin Shaggy Bronze Club Ben Tobin Shaggy Bronze Club Ben Tobin Shaggy Bronze Club Ben Tobin Shaggy Bronze Club Ben Tobin Shaggy Bronze Club Ben Tobin's Avatar

JLD has won like 4 Emmy's in a row

asshat GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas has a gigantic e-peen. GreenspointTexas's Avatar
    Jerry was a purposefully static character. Every other character on the show was dynamic off Jerry... One of the reasons he's the least interesting character

asshat phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn's Avatar

One thing we know for sure, Michael Richards won't be starring in any remake of "Sanford and Son."

And I thought for a comedian, Jerry wasn't a bad actor. Didn't ask much of him granted, but he did a good job of tying it all together while letting the better actors act.

asshat In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club
    Jerry's dad was from the Producers and the movie Arthur. George's dad is Ben Stillers father who played Arthur in King of Queens. He stole the show for me. "You have the chicken, the hen, and the rooster. The rooster has sex with the hen, who's having sex with the chicken? The whole thing is perverse I say"

The whole thing is perverse I say
    not what he says, and it sounds weird. if you're gonna take the time to "quote" something then actually quote it

asshat In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Future Man View Post
    not what he says, and it sounds weird. if you're gonna take the time to "quote" something then actually quote it
    I did it off memory. Close enough. $#@! you
    Last edited by In10se; 10-22-2016 at 12:16 PM.

asshat BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory's Avatar
    Man I feel like every Shagster has seen every episode 10 times and wasn't aware anyone hadn't watched it through. I have to be pushing 30 times for most episodes. Jerry is hilarious in his own more subtle ways.

Quote Originally Posted by In10se View Post
    I did it off memory. Close enough. $#@! you
    are you 80? your memory sucks rocko's $#@!

Quote Originally Posted by In10se View Post
    I did it off memory. Close enough. $#@! you. Well, the Jerk Store called, and they're running out of you.
    are you 80? your memory sucks rocko's $#@!. Yeah? Well I had sex with your wife!
    Subject appropriate fix for you

his wife's in a coma.

Quote Originally Posted by BaylorHistory View Post
    Man I feel like every Shagster has seen every episode 10 times and wasn't aware anyone hadn't watched it through. I have to be pushing 30 times for most episodes. Jerry is hilarious in his own more subtle ways.
    I will say I like Jerry more than Elaine. Her character did nothing for me. I enjoyed Newman more than her

asshat Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom's Avatar
    I enjoyed the last episode a little more when I heard or read the idea that plane crashed and that was their St. Peter ordeal and they all ended up in hell.

Newman should have been given a spinoff.

asshat Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo Shaggy Platinum Surly Bevo's Avatar

Yea JLD has been a real washout what with having the second most acting Emmys (7) of all time and 2 more as a producer

asshat Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron's Avatar

asshat BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory's Avatar
    Also they can pick and choose what they want to do with the cash they have post Seinfeld.

Michael Richards:$45M
    Jason Alexander:$50M
    Julia Louis-Dreyfus:$200M
    Jerry Seinfeld:$800M

asshat Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man's Avatar
    Well, maybe not Richards since he's been chucked out of Hollywood.

asshat utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club
    Top 7?

Lol

asshat SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club

I'm thoroughly confused by this. Others have mentioned it, but you do know there's this channel called HBO with a show called Veep right?

asshat SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by utexas_61 View Post
    Top 7?

Lol
    For reals. I would love to see his list if there are that many ahead of Seinfeld

Also they can pick and choose what they want to do with the cash they have post Seinfeld.

Michael Richards:$45M
    Jason Alexander:$50M
    Julia Louis-Dreyfus:$200M
    Jerry Seinfeld:$800M
    I think Julia Louis-Dreyfus could do what she wanted before Seinfeld. Her dad had some money. And her character on Seinfeld was great between her work and relationships.

George and Newman were professional actors in their own right before Seinfeld. Each had fairly big roles in well known flicks; George in Pretty Woman and Newman in Jurassic Park and Dirty Dancing among others. Kramer I never really found that funny "live" and even less so in reruns and his blowup pretty much proved he was a hack all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Stronghorns View Post
    I think Julia Louis-Dreyfus could do what she wanted before Seinfeld. Her dad had some money. And her character on Seinfeld was great between her work and relationships.
    Yep filthy rich.

Yep filthy rich.
    Jerry's rich, Julia's family is wealthy.

The Louis Dreyfus company "makes up about 10% of the worlds agricultural product trade flows". Her dad had a net worth of $3.4 billion in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by shakahorn View Post
    George and Newman were professional actors in their own right before Seinfeld. Each had fairly big roles in well known flicks; George in Pretty Woman and Newman in Jurassic Park and Dirty Dancing among others. Kramer I never really found that funny "live" and even less so in reruns and his blowup pretty much proved he was a hack all along.
    Newman was on Seinfeld for 2 years before Jurassic Park.

Season 1 of seinfeld came out the year before Pretty Woman also.
    Last edited by FondrenRoad; 10-23-2016 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemooner View Post
    Jerry's rich, Julia's family is wealthy.
    Her father is a billionaire several times over, and she's made a healthy chunk of change herself.

asshat Foosters Galore Probably Shaggy upper class Foosters Galore Probably Shaggy upper class Foosters Galore Probably Shaggy upper class Foosters Galore Probably Shaggy upper class Foosters Galore Probably Shaggy upper class Foosters Galore Probably Shaggy upper class Foosters Galore Probably Shaggy upper class Foosters Galore Probably Shaggy upper class Foosters Galore Probably Shaggy upper class Foosters Galore Probably Shaggy upper class Foosters Galore Probably Shaggy upper class Foosters Galore's Avatar
    Anyone know what JLD has been up to post Seinfeld?

Re: JLDreyfus and Veep

Yes, she has a successful show now, and good for her, but it took 14 years to get to Veep and a couple more years to get the first of five Emmys.

Regardless, the "Seinfeld Curse" was an entertainment buzzword until she got on Veep. JLD went 14 years without a hit show. That's why it's called the Seinfeld Curse. The inability for actors to strike it big solo on a sitcom after leaving a hit ensemble show.

The "But, she's on a hit show now and has won 5 Emmys" argument isn't valid just because she broke the curse, it ignores the fact that for 14+ years she was an example of the Seinfeld Curse

Military Veteran Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20's Avatar
    "A show about nothing."

An ingenious concept

asshat Bash Riprock Shaggy Bronze Club Bash Riprock Shaggy Bronze Club Bash Riprock Shaggy Bronze Club Bash Riprock Shaggy Bronze Club Bash Riprock Shaggy Bronze Club Bash Riprock Shaggy Bronze Club Bash Riprock Shaggy Bronze Club Bash Riprock Shaggy Bronze Club Bash Riprock Shaggy Bronze Club Bash Riprock Shaggy Bronze Club Bash Riprock Shaggy Bronze Club
    The people who hate Seinfeld are usually the people who like Big Bang Theory and That 70's show and other $#@!astic shows.

bunghole VRHorn is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. VRHorn is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. VRHorn is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. VRHorn is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. VRHorn is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. VRHorn is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. VRHorn is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. VRHorn is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. VRHorn is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. VRHorn is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. VRHorn is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn.
    This thread is dumb even by Vic's standards. JLD is probably on the funniest show on TV not named Silicon Valley, and he clearly doesn't understand the Larry David dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by VRHorn View Post
    This thread is dumb even by Vic's standards. JLD is probably on the funniest show on TV not named Silicon Valley, and he clearly doesn't understand the Larry David dynamic.
    Other than the fact this thread is the opposite of what Vic is "known" for posting, and other than JLD not being the topic, and other than Vic stated two Larry David shows are in his favorite shows of all time, I think you nailed it.

asshat Topper13 has a gigantic e-peen. Topper13 has a gigantic e-peen. Topper13 has a gigantic e-peen. Topper13 has a gigantic e-peen. Topper13 has a gigantic e-peen. Topper13 has a gigantic e-peen. Topper13 has a gigantic e-peen. Topper13 has a gigantic e-peen. Topper13 has a gigantic e-peen. Topper13 has a gigantic e-peen. Topper13 has a gigantic e-peen. Topper13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
    Nailed it!

asshat Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron's Avatar
    Re: JLDreyfus and Veep

Yes, she has a successful show now, and good for her, but it took 14 years to get to Veep and a couple more years to get the first of five Emmys.

Regardless, the "Seinfeld Curse" was an entertainment buzzword until she got on Veep. JLD went 14 years without a hit show. That's why it's called the Seinfeld Curse. The inability for actors to strike it big solo on a sitcom after leaving a hit ensemble show.

The "But, she's on a hit show now and has won 5 Emmys" argument isn't valid just because she broke the curse, it ignores the fact that for 14+ years she was an example of the Seinfeld Curse
    Totally true, except the fact that she had a hit show six years before Veep.
    Last edited by Captain Ron; 10-23-2016 at 04:21 AM.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast