+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016-17 Houston Rockets thread

Banned H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    5pm start for HOU @ CLE. See the NBA champs, walk across the street, possibly see the new MLB champs. Believeland!

Burnt Orange Weenie BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange's Avatar
    i don't have very high hopes of winning this game, but i am interested to see the rockets go against one of the league's elite teams.

Burnt Orange Weenie BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange's Avatar
    nice start.

-15 point differential in 5:30 minutes with harden on the bench to start the 2nd quarter. dantoni has got to change the way he rests harden.

holy $#@! lebron just air balled a free throw.

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    -15 point differential in 5:30 minutes with harden on the bench to start the 2nd quarter. dantoni has got to change the way he rests harden.
    Was coming to say the exact same thing. It's awful how bad our team drops off without him in there. Hopefully Beverley comes back strong and helps the issue, but it's clear 4 games in that Harden will be in the MVP discussion if the award truly goes to the most valuable player to his team.

By the way, Harden's pass to Nene at about 2:30 left in the second quarter was absolutely filthy.

up 6 after 1, down 4 at the half. harden rested 5:30 minutes and is +11.

more than anything, they have got to figure this out.

asshat perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007's Avatar
    Harden could probably play 40+ minutes a game, physically. But he would get to 6 fouls before then in most games so you have to rest him to keep him out of foul trouble. Ennis is garbage though and we have to improve in that position

Quote Originally Posted by Planet Houston View Post
    By the way, Harden's pass to Nene at about 2:30 left in the second quarter was absolutely filthy.
    https://twitter.com/bendubose/status/793589478338158592

good god every little thing on the rockets is being called.

only down a point heading to the 4th, but gotta assume harden starts it on the bench so clinch your buttholes.

these guys have GOT to stop passing up open shots in order to pass the ball to brewer.

but gordon hits a big 3!

get harden in here out of the timeout, only down 4 with 7:42 to go. gonna have a real shot at this one.

well the last minute and change sucked, but that was definitely the best game the rockets have played this season.

Banned H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? H34TX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    breaking the consecutive post streak. Go Rockets!

We played well, but couldn't get the stops when we needed them. 9-0 run in the middle of the 4th quarter when Harden was back in was the death knell. I'm still optimistic about this team after 5 games though. The rest of this tough road trip will be telling.

Was coming to say the exact same thing. It's awful how bad our team drops off without him in there. Hopefully Beverley comes back strong and helps the issue, but it's clear 4 games in that Harden will be in the MVP discussion if the award truly goes to the most valuable player to his team.

Beverly isn't going to help. We have no one on the team besides Harden that is capable of creating shots for others. Gordon is decent at getting into the lane, but is horrible at finishing. Those 2 are really the only 2 guys on this team that have shown the ability to run and dribble the basketball at the same time without committing a TO.

Quote Originally Posted by utgrad97 View Post
    Beverly isn't going to help. We have no one on the team besides Harden that is capable of creating shots for others. Gordon is decent at getting into the lane, but is horrible at finishing. Those 2 are really the only 2 guys on this team that have shown the ability to run and dribble the basketball at the same time without committing a TO.
    He can help because he can knock down open 3's (in theory) unlike Tyler Ennis.

Also, those of you who were saying we need to trade Harden last season are crazy. Yes, last season was really frustrating, but he is incredible and looks to have a new focus and drive now that Dwight is gone.

41 points, 7 boards, 15 assists and ONE turnover last night.

i mean even in his "disappointing" season last year (and i agree that it wasn't the best he could play), he put up the following #'s:

29.0 ppg, 7.5 apg, 6.1 rpg and shot 44/36/86

the guy is simply one of the most gifted offensive players on the planet and there has never been a trade out there involving him which made sense for the rockets (aside from the trade that made him a rocket of course).

oh, and he plays every single game as well.

We played well, but couldn't get the stops when we needed them. 9-0 run in the middle of the 4th quarter when Harden was back in was the death knell. I'm still optimistic about this team after 5 games though. The rest of this tough road trip will be telling.
    This.

3 straight TO's>9-0 run. Game.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerocks View Post
    This.

3 straight TO's>9-0 run. Game.
    Yep. And we had two the entire game (!!) before that spell.

Wish the Rockets still had Omer. Asik and Capela would be a decent rotation at C.

asshat RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978 has a gigantic e-peen. RocketHorn1978's Avatar
    Offense looked way better last night and had a flow to it, Defense still sucks and will be the reason we lose a lot of close games like LA and Cleveland games.

that 9-0 cavs run last night happened in the span of like 45 seconds as well. blink and you would have missed it.

really need to take this one against the knicks tonight. i just want to survive these first 20 games as close to .500 as possible.

wow, harden just made rose look silly.

man, harden is really something special offensively.

and dekker is gonna be featured on shaqtin' a fool this week.

6:30 minutes rest for harden in the 2nd so far and the rockets are actually +5.

great first half. this team has looked really good the past couple of nights.

ok, i'm becoming a big time eric gordon fan.

Harrell earning some PT, I would hope it comes at the expense of Brewer.

Derrick Rose kinda sucks now.

About to see a Wiltjer attempt from the logo.

Harrell earning some PT, I would hope it comes at the expense of Brewer.
    Harrell is playing more tonight because Nene is out today for rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry VIII View Post
    Harrell is playing more tonight because Nene is out today for rest.
    I understand that, my point still stands.

I understand that, my point still stands.
    Gotcha

MSG crowd seems jealous..

Ian Begley
    ESPN Staff Writer

A pocket of fans at MSG, which is supposed to be a place for smart basketball consumers, chants "We want Harden" late in the fourth quarter with the Knicks down 25.

asshat perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007 Shaggy Bronze Club perfectchaos007's Avatar
    Can't complain about being 2-2 on the road. If we manage .500 on the road this season I think we'll be alright.

asshat maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack's Avatar
    Derrick Rose kinda sucks now.
    Worst MVP award ever

15 assists to 3 turnovers for harden tonight. to go along with 30 points on 9/16 shooting. and 6 boards just for the hell of it.

and yeah, harrell needs to play more, not just when nene is out. mcdaniels should be getting all of brewer's minutes as well (even though brewer has played alright the past couple of nights).

Nice win, 2nd night of a road back to back.

This team is so fun to watch. I very much worry about the defense of course, as well as giving up offensive boards, but I'm enjoying he early returns of D'Antoni and the addition by subtraction of Dwight. Harden is a man possessed - so awesome.

This team is so fun to watch. I very much worry about the defense of course, as well as giving up offensive boards, but I'm enjoying he early returns of D'Antoni and the addition by subtraction of Dwight. Harden is a man possessed - so awesome.
    I concur. The ball movement and freedom they're playing with are really enjoyable from a viewer standpoint. They score so much easier than they had with Howard due to that ball and player movement. I can see them wearing teams down as the season goes along...and talk about a tough team to face on the tail end of back2back or 7 game series!

Also, KJ McDaniels is a freak and very fun to watch. I really wish he had a better (any?) 3-point stroke because he will get wide open looks all season.
    Last edited by Planet Houston; 11-03-2016 at 10:37 AM.

Also, KJ McDaniels is a freak and very fun to watch. I really wish he had a better (any?) 3-point stroke because he will get wide open looks all season.
    Yeah, the other night when he blew by LBJ baseline and finished with the reverse one handed off glass, it solidified his place in the rotation for me(just the confidence and ease he did with ya know). Imo, we need either him or Dekker(who I think is probably a streaky shooter) to find something consistent from long range, it'll help that 2nd unit stay afloat during those long Harden rests(which through the first 5 games seems like a pattern that D'antoni wants to continue).

Houstonian - Historian The Earl of Texas Shaggy Silver Club The Earl of Texas Shaggy Silver Club The Earl of Texas Shaggy Silver Club The Earl of Texas Shaggy Silver Club The Earl of Texas Shaggy Silver Club The Earl of Texas Shaggy Silver Club The Earl of Texas Shaggy Silver Club The Earl of Texas Shaggy Silver Club The Earl of Texas Shaggy Silver Club The Earl of Texas Shaggy Silver Club The Earl of Texas Shaggy Silver Club The Earl of Texas's Avatar
    This team is so fun to watch.
    This right here.

JH giving a $#@!, combined with a fluid offense that actually runs cohesively... we're a whole new team.

Except for the defense thing. But, $#@! it. I'll tune in.

NAACP National Champ Snacks probably preboards planes Snacks probably preboards planes Snacks probably preboards planes Snacks probably preboards planes Snacks probably preboards planes Snacks probably preboards planes Snacks probably preboards planes Snacks probably preboards planes Snacks probably preboards planes Snacks probably preboards planes Snacks probably preboards planes Snacks's Avatar
    I've given up on defense...

They're gonna try to RGV the league.

F it. Win.

Link to the hype video/tease ran before both Dallas games if anyone's interested in watching (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Snacks View Post
    I've given up on defense...

They're gonna try to RGV the league.

F it. Win.
    I thought I would hate this strategy, but it's actually really damn entertaining. We know we can't stop you, but good luck trying to get more points than we will.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast